Creature — Vampire Shade
Whenever you tap a Swamp for mana, add an additional .
: Nirkana Revenant gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
|Want (3)||JazzCrimes , Authorauthor , JohnTubaina|
Printings View all
|Battlebond (BBD)||Mythic Rare|
|Rise of the Eldrazi (ROE)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Nirkana Revenant occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
Nirkana Revenant Discussion
6 days ago
Oh for sure run Necro over Bob, and Visitor as well, but more pieces are good, Mindblade Render is great too, however the weird big mana thing is my largest issue with the deck.
Umbral Mantle, Magus of the Coffers, Nirkana Revenant, Torment of Hailfire, Exsanguinate, Bubbling Muck, etc. All are destroyed by cheap removal and interaction. A ton of other random cards in the deck feel weak or just low value, and I believe could be swapped for nearly directly better cards, and the deck could have almost strictly better wincons.
Yes I do like the amazing Tinybones backup plan, but mana dumping isn't necessary, and could just work given the stacy peices and the time they give without all the fluff that makes mulligans and opening hands much worse.
I think this list shows a lot of potential, but isn't tuned for the current metagame, if that makes sense. I'll write up a list of changes and maybe will post it later on!
1 week ago
Sorin, Imperious Bloodlord lets your pull out ANY vampire from your hand to the field on turn 3. It is ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING but nevertheless it is a good vampire card. With that I would only recommend adding him if you plan on adding higher mana cost vampire like Nirkana Revenant (also disgusting).
Cordial Vampire is a must have in any Vampire deck. Whenever ANY creature dies ALL your vampires get a +1/+1 counter.
Since it looks like you have a lot of ways to add +1/+1 counters (very much so if you also have cordial vampire) I would recommend one The Ozolith. For one mana you get so much value from it.
3 weeks ago
I completely forgot about Crypt Ghast, I'd probably lean towards that more than Nirkana Revenant. I don't mean to sound like that guy, but Solemn Simulacrum is just too over-played for my tastes. I run it in some decks, but almost never in a mono-colored deck simply because I feel there are better options.
Dead of Winter is pretty situational I'll admit, but I've usually had moderate success with the card. Then again, running it in a Jund Lands Matter deck with green ramp makes it almost too good.
3 weeks ago
A few changes I would recommend:
- Swapping Mutilate for Dead of Winter. It costs less, plus you're running plenty of Snow-Covered Swamps to justify playing it. Also, the odds are slim that your opponents are running any snow creatures.
- Swapping Solemn Simulacrum for Nirkana Revenant. The Revenant gives you much better ramp plus a mid-late game mana sink. Even though it has no evasion, your opponents should have few to no blockers since you keep making them discard.
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
Ah, I have piloted a mono-black discard deck for quite the number of years. I have Chainer, Dementia Master at the helm myself, as he is a rather powerful card when everyone's hands are empty, thus he reigns unanswered. Therefrom, a great amount of methods may be used to win.
Tinybones is less of a finisher itself, more so a value engine. As such, I would recommend possessing a lower curve to take advantage of the card draw and more potent finishers within the deck to hent for victory. Also, having card draw outside of the commander would grant a better backup plan. A discard deck's goal is to empty each opponent's hand and win by going unthreatened. If no players have cards to discard, Tinybones cannot provide draw.
The changes I would make are more instants so you kill things once they resolve as opposed to waiting a full turn, swifter discard in the early game to make your commander more effective, stronger finishers for the sake of ending the game betime, and just cutting some cards.
So, first, there are some things I would remove.
- Murderous Compulsion may go with the discard theme, but it's conditional removal at sorcery-speed.
- Bad Deal is ironically a bad deal, as it is six mana for two cards gone.
- Assassin's Strike is just egregious. A six-mana sorcery to kill one thing and they discard but one card. Begone.
- Unnerve is fine but not great. Being a one time effect at four mana, I dislike it, though Xantcha is a great character in the art.
- Haunting Hymn is six mana, which is far too late for discard effects to be effective. You want discard early, as it makes it far more difficult for decks to catch their footing.
- I have the same reason for Tasigur's Cruelty.
- Cabal Conditioning has an identical reason.
- I have a shortlist for this category, being creatures without long-game value; Burglar Rat, Liliana's Reaver, and Banshee of the Dread Choir have discard stapled to them, but don't do much else whilst lacking much in terms of evasion for Larceny.
- Scythe Specter is slow and other cards just do its job better, and Herald of Anguish is slow and lacks fodder for its second ability.
- Necrogen Spellbomb is just crap. Two mana for one card from a single player's hand is awful. Don't play this.
- Awaken the Erstwhile neglects the game plan of having more cards than your opponents whilst lacking the option of going back. I'd just add a stronger finisher.
Alright. With that out of the way, I may suggest other cards.
Upon card draw, you have none outside of the Trinket Thief, Rankle, and Geth's Grimoire. I'd add any of Phyrexian Arena, Sign in Blood, Underworld Connections, and Dread Presence. Necropotence may seem as if it negates the strategy, but it is always worth it.
Lightning Greaves just seem great.
Now, for the finishers I have many. Do note that these are meant to be played when people haven't any cards in hand, hence lacking answers for these once on the field. Sheoldred, the Whispering One grants value from each player's bin whiles eating at their board. Abhorrent Overlord offers a swarm of flyers to end the game. Grave Titan is much the same. Archfiend of Despair goes well with Tinybones's second ability. Though I am not too fond of it, Archfiend of Spite offers much. Geth, Lord of the Vault hents the opponent's graveyards to swarm the board. Kokusho, the Evening Star is a massive threat that harms upon death. Kothophed allows for a quite a bit of card draw. Lord of the Void is always fun. Lastly, Gray Merchant of Asphodel does so much every time it hits the field.
Of course, I'd add more ramp and reanimation. Mind Stone, Arcane Signet, Charcoal Diamond, and Lake of the Dead are great for ramp. Animate Dead, Reanimate, and Dread Return are fine ways to get stuff from anyone's yard, save for the Return.
That shall be all from me. Do enjoy your day!