|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|From the Vault: Relics (V10)||Mythic Rare|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Rare|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Rare|
|Ice Age (ICE)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
(2), Tap, Sacrifice Jester's Cap: Search target player's library for three cards and remove them from the game. Then that player shuffles his or her library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (13)||Metaphisyk , Mousemke , clayperce , ACCG , Supremespeed , jhunter , Lucan2000 , Venser_the_Sojoner , Riku580 , electrolynx , Unlife , Hakira , silvereh|
Jester's Cap Discussion
4 days ago
Hmmm... It's FAST, but what's the idea? It seems to be Isochron + Dramatic Reversal/Paradox Engine into AEtherflux Reservoir. That or Big mana into draw your deck and Lab-Man win. If I'm missing something, please let me know!
Overbeing of Myth seems like a "meh" card in my opinion. It seems way out of place and slow for the deck build. I feel like another counterspell to support your very tall tower would be better suited. Voidslime and Disallow are super versatile, while Negate and Delay are cheaper, but will protect most of your pieces long enough to go off.
Now for some strictly Better replacements (for cheap!):Nature's Spiral-->Regrowth (Get ANYTHING back instead of just a permanent!) Also Consider Reclaim and/or Noxious Revival to set up a good card for Rashmi to mini-cascade into.Slight of Hand-->Preordain. Strictly better as you could possibly dig one deeper. You may run them both, though, I imagine.
Finally, A nice trick with your commander is the 0-CMC cards with suspend are cast for free without suspend! Ancestral Vision and Lotus Bloom are the big ones for your deck (I don't think Hypergenesis Really fits the build, though!). They also can be early plays when you're not ramping for value mid-game.
I hope that was of SOME value. Happy Flipping!
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Its just another thing to consider when choosing cards to include in your deck. Maybe you try to run one or two of each of Wrath of God and Day of Judgment or whatever it is to fight these problems if its a real issue. Mostly I think its good these things exist as a way to fight against "unfair" combo decks. There are not always good ways to stop multiple kinds of combo decks with the same card. Discard like Duress can do some work against some, even countermagic like Force of Will is designed to fight threats without mana even on turn one but they don't always stop everything. However things like Jester's Cap and Extract were designed to go one step further and remove the threat in advance of it even being drawn by the opponent. I think the ability is basically a mix of mill and discard, and that its often inherently weak since it rarely immediately impacts the board...but it feels like a necessary mechanic to help balance the game as a whole to me.
4 weeks ago
In regards to being weak against mill though, I don't fully agree. Your deck, being built around a commander that puts creatures in the graveyard, has ways of taking advantage of being milled. Cards like Phyrexian Reclamation, Animate Dead and Victimize are better against a mill opponent. Also, at least in my experience, mill decks will have a way to remove Kozilek, Butcher of Truth from your deck with a card like Jester's Cap or Bitter Ordeal once they see it.
This is all my opinion though so if you like playing Kozilek, Butcher of Truth I am totally fine with that, more power to you. :)
1 month ago
I found that the best way to beat cedh decks is to take the cards right out of their library with cards like Sadistic Sacrament and Praetor's Grasp effects. So for you since you're not in black. You should add Jester's Cap and Extract, you can remove their combo pieces from the game. Secondly you can run these two cards as well Bribery again taking something insane from their desk and using it to win yourself. And Acquire use this to grab something good like a Akroma's Memorial or a Blightsteel Colossus
1 month ago
This deck is friggin' awesome! I feel like such an idiot for never having put any attention into this commander-combo. Lots of the suggestions I would make have already been made, but here are a few more:
- Jester's Cap; this is one of the funniest control-artifacts ever created. Most new players have never heard about this card but once they have, they will dread it forever. This card has the ability to effectively remove a deck's win-conditions. In an artifact-recursion deck like yours, it becomes even crazier.
- Time Sieve; bit expensive, I know, but it just fits in so well with your deck it's hard to ignore.
- Nature's Will; also not that cheap to obtain, but in this deck an almost guaranteed untap of all your lands and tap of opposing lands after every attack you make.
- Vraska the Unseen; if you can manage to have her and Sidar survive for a single turn after you've summoned Vraska, it's basically game-over for up to three opponents at a time.
Have great fun building and playing this; it rocks!
1 month ago
I think Ashnod's Altar and/or Krark-Clan Ironworks could prove invaluable in your deck! Some artifacts that are really fun to return for use are Jester's Cap and Jester's Mask; both of them are very good control options. With Glissa present and opponents losing creatures to the GY, you can use them multiple times.
1 month ago
So in essence, this is supposed to be some sort of pillow-fort deck, right? However, even fort decks have at least some sort of way in which to close out a game and this deck does not appear to have any (aside from maybe several reasonably strong creatures). So unless you add some win-cons, maybe in some sort of combo form, all I can see this deck do is just bother opponents' game plans.
Some ideas on this front:
- some more creatures that can harm your opponents once they're sufficiently disabled. Especially useful examples that come to mind are Heliod, God of the Sun, Thassa, God of the Sea, Guileand Steel Hellkite;
- Opalescence and/or Starfield of Nyx; turn all your enchantments into creatures and sweep the field;
- Enter the Infinite; since you already have Omniscience in the deck, this just makes a lot of sense to me;
- Unwinding Clock; very useful in an artifact-dominated deck and can also create an infinite combo with Mindslaver (btw, I would also recommend adding Paradox Engine in a deck that is using many non-land mana sources and other stuff that needs to tap for utility);