: Add or to your mana pool.
, , Sacrifice Orzhov Cluestone: Draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Orzhov Cluestone Discussion
3 weeks ago
Eternity Vessel will go well with Aetherflux Reservoir. Drogskol Reaver, Ivory Cup, Celestial Mantle and Kambul are all good cards for an Oloro Deck. With eternity vessel, the cup, and celestial mantle in play I can get 75-200 life all day unless my opponent is running a harsh deck like slivers.
Drop the Orzhov Cluestone and Orzhov Keyrune. They are both too costly for their mana production. Consider Tablet of the Guilds.
These are just my recommendations based on playing Oloro as a commander.
2 months ago
Battlegrace Angel possibly not good enough
Bloodbond Vampire for a back up karlov. this is iffy
Chant of Vitu-Ghazi, remember to block then tap for convoke.
Contemplation, combo off!
Honor the Fallen - on theme graveyard hate that's also a combat trick
Mastery of the Unseen this needs a lot of mana to be great, but maybe you'll get some good use out of it. It's kinda iffy though
Resplendent Mentor this could be an all star if you go heavy white
Royal Herbalist combat tricks for karlov
Exsanguinate is good
Use all the life you gain for benefits, like card draw! Ambition's Cost, Ancient Craving, Graveborn Muse, Night's Whisper, Ob Nixilis Reignited, Phyrexian Arena, Read the Bones, Dark Tutelage, Underworld Connections
or recursion Phyrexian Reclamation
Some possible cuts
Sacred Cat dosen't seem strong enough for commander
Orzhov Charm What mode are you adding this for?
5 months ago
Looks like you're trying to heavily leverage Odric, Lunarch Marshal based on your description. If so, you might want to take advantage of tutor (black has some decent options) to find more ways of getting him and then also getting him back should he die.
Graveyard recursion - sure your opponent may not want to take the 3 life hit for letting something go to your graveyard, but my experience is that opponents will if the creatures worth letting die. Inexpensive recursion includes things like Phyrexian Reclamation to get the cards back in hand. Other spells like Unburial Rites can be great (especially since it has flashback and puts it on to the battlefield). Sun Titan is a monster at recurring low CMC permanents and has vigilance to boot!
Then there are some value creatures you might want to consider:
- Vampire Nighthawk has flying, deathtouch, AND lifelink (to meet your deck goals). He's a low CMC drop, and rarely disappoints me in any game I have him show up in.
- Aerial Responder is another 3 ability creature for low CMC.
- Burnished Hart provides a blocker you can use to block then sacrifice to get lands (2 on to the field tapped!) This is great value in a color that doesn't have loads of mana ramp. And, with a little recursion or an opponent not willing to lose the life you can use him many times.
Then there's draw. Every deck that can have reasonable draw ought to. Sweepers, Draw, Control, etc. aren't uncommon in commander. You need to make sure you've got a plan for keeping that hand restocked. Here's some cards I like to use for this when on a budget in black:
- Ancient Craving
- Night's Whisper
- Read the Bones this is GREAT value for budget play.
- Sign in Blood
- Phyrexian Arena
Building on the earlier recommendation of sweepers, one I always like to include is Merciless Eviction. In your deck choosing creatures probably isn't a great idea, but the ability to exile all artifacts, planeswalkers, or enchantments can definitely come in handy
Another great budget value card I'd recommend is Brave the Sands. In an aggressive deck, and especially one with lots of flying, vigilance is a great ability to have. If your opponent can't block your fliers than being able to swing relentlessly without worrying about your blocking situation is a pretty awesome state to be in.
Other fun things you might want to think about:
- Whip of Erebos - gives everything lifelink and its ability can be nice to bring something back for a turn at an opportune moment.
You might be a bit low on your land count without other ramp or mana rocks to account for it. Armillary Sphere and Wayfarer's Bauble are example artifacts that can help prevent this. Sword of the Animist is another personal favorite in decks that don't have better ramp arsenal. It appears you have Unknown Shores maybe for mana fixing, but if that's the case I'd almost recommend Tainted Field as a better example. There's also Rupture Spire and Transguild Promenade if you want mana fixing although they certainly can slow down your rhythm to account for the costs. Otherwise the next tier of lands I'd recommend start to include things like Temple of Silence and Isolated Chapel
Overall for a first build it's definitely a start. If you want to see a very different take on Athreos feel free to check out my build at Grim Reaper Friends . Hope you can find something helpful out of the suggestions. I love commander as a format and hope that you will too
5 months ago
not totally sure what you feel like doing with your deck so I can't make too many suggestions about the deck other than probably cutting some lands for other cards and adding in more mana ramp since you have pretty much none, mana ramp is a bit hard in a deck that doesn't use green but there are some options
i think you could replace Sigil of the Empty Throne with Angelic Accord since your deck is to gain life, it sort of utilizes it. You could also use an Archangel of Thune to weaponize lifegain, or use the Sanguine Bond +Exquisite Blood combo it might not be friendly but it isn't that bad
you could add in tutors:Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Diabolic Tutor, Beseech the Queen is a decent card for 3 mana mid game Sorin, Grim Nemesis is fairly good here i'd think but better if it hits a higher cost card, i dont think he'd live long enough to pump enough value out though.
not very easy on the wallet but solid rock here: Mana Crypt
Any color ones: Manalith, Commander's Sphere, Darksteel Ingot, Doubling Cube(doubles all the Mana you have for 2), Cryptolith Fragment Flip(doesnt really flip though), Corrupted Grafstone, Gilded Lotus, Fellwar Stone
7 months ago
Nice. Some other cards worth considering that I play in my Daxos deck:
Aura of Silence, Battle Mastery, Cage of Hands, Crystal Chimes, Ghostblade Eidolon, Grasp of Fate, Heliod's Pilgrim,
Odunos River Trawler, Orzhov Cluestone, Orzhov Keyrune, Pillory of the Sleepless, Shackles, Shielded by Faith
9 months ago
Addressing specific things now... I'm focusing on things to think about cutting to make room for lands.
Listing some observations, if I overlooked something this will make it obvious.
- Tutors (besides land tutors): Diabolic Tutor
- Mana Rocks: Gold Myr, Leaden Myr, Alloy Myr, Plague Myr*, Manalith, Sol Ring, Pristine Talisman
- Infect/Poison: Plague Myr, Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon, Priests of Norn, Decimator Web
- Boardwipes: End Hostilities, In Garruk's Wake
*Missed this guy when I made my first post, drat. That's why I did this summation, in case I missed something else.
You have some things that look like they are intended to work together, with limited support to find the pieces (I only saw one tutor). You need to think about if you're serious about keeping all of these. I think they are okay on their own, just not incredible.
- + + : This is a fun set and I'd keep it if it's something you like, but you don't have enough tutors to make it likely you'll ever assemble it. If you're fine with that, great. The individual pieces are not incredible apart but not the worst.
- + : This is a really common combo in mono-black, but again you'll have to luck into it. If you're serious about using it to win you need more tutors. If you just like the cards I don't blame you for running them though.
- Infect stuff besides Skittles; Plague Myr, Priests of Norn, Decimator Web: These aren't likely to kill anyone with poison by themselves. Plague and Priests have little chance of connecting against a strong opponent (you don't have much evasion support since you're not aggro); Decimator will take forever and tons of mana to do it, Priests will probably hardly do anything interesting. There are much stronger alternatives. Skittles is pretty great on his own and can work excellent on offense or defense, so I'd keep him for now.
Now for some less good stuff, specific cards:
- Manalith is the most boring mana rock possible. There are tons of 3-drop mana rocks that are better than Manalith. You want either cheaper than 3 mana, or you want it do more than Manalith does at 3. Off the top of my head, cheapish examples: Commander's Sphere, Darksteel Ingot, Orzhov Cluestone, Orzhov Signet, Mind Stone
- Transgress the Mind and similar single target discard effects are hard to use in multiplayer (though this is one of the better ones if you really like them). It is difficult to know ahead of time which players have hands worth casting these on, and entirely possible you won't do much damage with them. Discard and mill effects also draw tons of aggro from less experienced players. Consider also discard runs in opposition to how your commander works (they can't play spells they're discarding after all) unless you're specifically going after creatures with the discard effects.
- Mind Sludge is similar, only targets one player. If they have a huuuge hand it can do a lot of damage maybe, but then they're probably a blue player late in the game, which means they have Counterspell or something. If they aren't a blue player, they've probably got graveyard shenanigans going on, so this won't hurt them. Syphon Mind is awesome though (mostly for the card draw and maybe priming other players' graveyards for Rise from the Grave etc).
- Reassembling Skeleton is great but he's not really doing his job here. He's a reusable guy to sacrifice! If you just want him as a defender, look up Brood of Cockroaches or Endless Cockroaches who are better at that.
- Unholy Hunger is terrible. You'd be better served by Murder. It's way too expensive for what it does. Actually I'd look for something that is either more thorough or more flexible, like Utter End or Sever the Bloodline.
- Elixir of Immortality never does its intended job in most decks. Unless you honestly think you're going to have a game last so long that you play through your entire deck, don't bother. If you have some group hug deck throwing your deck into your hand, you're going to play one of your combos and win, not fiddle with this. If you're worried about getting milled, chances are it'll end up in your graveyard, not your hand, anyway.
Things to look up!
- Exsanguinate is a popular Orzhov finisher that scales up to the game state. Even if you can't finish everyone off with it, its extremely efficient at funnelling everyone else's resources into you.
- Anything with extort works, I like Blind Obedience in particular. All of your later plays suck players dry slowly.
- Phyrexian Reclamation is cheap, uses your obscene life tank as a fuel, and makes it hard to get rid of your creatures.
That's all I can think of. I hope it is of some use. I don't expect you to cut all of it I just want you thinking. My Orzhov deck is Ayli, Eternal Cleric EDH but it needs some updating on tappedout, if you wanted to see where I got the experience.
11 months ago
Maybe drop on the field removal like Seal of Doom
11 months ago
Todas esas shets son posibles ramp de artefacto, los que encuentro mas recomendables son el Signet y el Sphere
Estas shets son equipamientos (ahi teni que ver si te inclinay mas pa los enchantment o estas weas). Personalmente encuentro que los primeros tres son la caga
Estas son las vols de enchantment (junto con los sorcery y criaturas de abajo).
Sorceries, el primero es un renimator 2x1 asi que es la cumbia. Las otras dos son cerdas en cuanto a auras
El shepherd es buena en si misma, el archangel y paladin depende si te vay en la artefactos, sentinel depende si te vay en la equip, simulacro y cartographer son ramp de tierras si creis que te falta. El queller, archon y evershrike son tipo anti sheoldred (junto con el luminarch y el gift of immortality)
PW con -3 que hace pene
Creo que las unicas sobre $5 us son el champion's helm, luminarch, paladin y ajani