|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Aether Revolt (AER)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Yahenni, Undying Partisan
Legendary Creature — Aetherborn Vampire
Whenever a creature an opponent controls dies, put a +1/+1 counter on Yahenni, Undying Partisan.
Sacrifice another creature: Yahenni gains indestructible until end of turn.
Commander Recommendations Start Commander Deck
Latest as Commander
Yahenni, Undying Partisan Discussion
1 day ago
Nice write-up! Probably took some good time to type it all down.
I did have to sort your deck on type instead of your custom types to make some sence of it though ;)
I’ve been working on a meren deck with a similar sacrifice idea for a couple of years now, though the plan is a bit different they here I do have some suggestions and tips based on my experience with the archetype.
There are probably some cards here that have been mentioned before or have been tested, so sorry for that.
sac outlets are the bread and butter of these types of deck. You always need one in play or the deck falls short (this is also one of the weak point that you can attack these decks on). Some sac outlets that I haven’t seen mentioned yet:
1) Evolutionary Leap . Except that it’s not a free sac outlet I think one of the best out there!
2) Spawning Pit . One of my favorites, create more tokens from sacing creatures and it’s free to activate. Also it can quite easily go infinite with Doubling Season
3) Attrition . It’s probably mentioned somewhere her and I probably looked over it because everyone knows this.
4) Altar of Dementia . Better in meren then it’s here but still has its uses if you want to go with an infinite combo.
5) Culling Dais . Value
6) Dark Privilege . Protection of commander and outlet in one.
7) Fallen Ideal . Recurring outlet is always nice.
8) Yahenni, Undying Partisan . Indestructible outlet.
9) Helm of Possession . If people are going big.
10) Plagued Rusalka . If people are going wide.
11) Claws of Gix . Can sac any permanent and is the cheapest outlet ever made.
Some utility creatures:
12) Wirewood Herald . This is one of my favorite fun cards in my deck. Your already playing a few good other elves (rec sage, izoni, wood elves, elvish visionary) so I definitely suggest adding this one!
13) Viridian Emissary and Primal Druid are all stars in my deck. Might be useful here over some of the 3 mana ramp creatures?? (Emissary is a bit better because of clamp, and it’s an elf).
14) Golgari Findbroker . Witness #2, also it’s an elf.
15) Sengir Autocrat and Mitotic Slime . These cards give 4 and 7 sacrifices respectively. They are some of the payoff cards that I use. Especially fond of autocrat since it works with savra and skullclamp very well.
16) Reassembling Skeleton . Another one of my payoff cards, and can get nuts of I have a good board. Also there are few ways to go infinite with this one (there is a 4 card combo with this in your deck right now).
17) Savra, Queen of the Golgari . It’s an elf and since it’s a creature its easier to tutor then an enchantment. The life gain is also nice!
And one more random card that doesn’t belong in above categories:
18) Foster . At 4 mana a bit expensive but boy what value this card can give!
Some of the cars you tested and took out I’d like to comment on. I find them very very useful and would probably never cut them in my deck:
19) Fecundity . This card is the best card in my deck, the only time it’s not great is when I’m playing against weenies or people are trading creatures with each other without me having a board presents. I don’t really care if people draw a card if I kill there 6 mana creatures because it still slows them down. What’s so good about this card that It provides us with a great amount of value. This card draws of tokens which is awesome and most of the creatures your running give to sac triggers anyway. In 90% the cases this card will generate more value for us then for other players.
20) Deathreap Ritual . The only reason I’d ever cut this card is the mana cost, which at 4 is a bit expensive. You however stated the reason for excluding this card is the lack of value. I’d like to point out that Morbid doesn’t only trigger at the end of your turn but at the end of EVERY turn. It also triggers when any creature dies, so it doesn’t have to be yours and, like fecundity, it triggers of tokens dying to!! In a four player game this card can give an easy 4 cards a round.
21) Golgari Germination . I like this mostly because I play above mentioned cards which benefit hugely from tokens dying, but even without this it’s a great card rewarding you for any sacrifice and being an enchantment it’s a bit more durable as well.
22) Sakura-Tribe Elder . At two mana and a build in sac outlet this card is a cheap ramp spell that functions at all time and can provide value even if you don’t have a sac outlet in play. But if you have experienced trough testing that you get more value out of a 3 drop ramp creature then it might be different for your deck compared to meren.
Hereby I end my epistle with a last note that if your looking to take out some card I’d look at everything above 4 mana and everything with X in the mana cost. I find I always take out these in the end since I can’t cast them reliably. (5 drops stay when they are very good for the deck though).
2 days ago
You can consider adding in a bit more creature sac outlets to abuse Meren's ability a bit more such as Viscera Seer , Carrion Feeder , or Yahenni, Undying Partisan . Some cheap reanimations spells never hurt as well, here might be some to your liking, Reanimate , Animate Dead , Dance of the Dead , Necromancy , Living Death . These also got recently reprinted so they are quite great to pick up~ Entomb / Buried Alive , great to fill up your grave super quick.
If you need more ideas feel free to check out my version of her as well.
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 19 | 6 COMMENTS | 539 VIEWS | IN 2 FOLDERS
3 days ago
To make room for them, I think you can afford to cut Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim , Viscera Seer , and Yahenni, Undying Partisan --Your commander is already a sac outlet, so I don't know how many more you need.
1 week ago
Expedition Map is a cheap, recurrable way to either fix mana or pull together land combos [Depths/Stage, etc.]
I think to be able to reliably recur your creatures you could use a couple more [free] sac outlets: Viscera Seer , Yahenni, Undying Partisan and Ashnod's Altar all fit the bill. Maybe its overkill for your playgroup but for me I find the first 2-3 I drop down disappear pretty quickly.
Man, you really want at least one fetchland to keep bringing back with your commander with Polluted Delta probably being the best but not sure what your budget is...
As for what to cut, I can only suggest the cuts that I would make:
Lord of Extinction Without a way to give evasion, the chances this just gets chumped each turn is pretty high. I know he's a huge thing to sack to Jarad but that seems narrow enough to go without.
Archaeomancer doesn't have a ton of targets in a deck that wants to recycle permanents. Only 8 in the deck total and Loam you should want to dredge back... Eternal Witness is probably enough for what you want to accomplish.
Sudden Spoiling , on the fence about this one as the split second can be useful for stopping certain combos relying on creatures from going off for a turn but unless your local meta is heavy on this strategy you might be able to go without this.
1 week ago
Hallo, Blood Artist , Zulaport Cutthroat and Vindictive Vampire would be good in this deck. I would also recommend some free sacoutlets like Phyrexian Altar , Ashnod's Altar , Goblin Bombardment , Carrion Feeder , Viscera Seer or Yahenni, Undying Partisan .
1 week ago
Looks pretty good! In my experience, I find that Merciless Eviction clashes with the deck too much for my liking. I find that Fumigate , Day of Judgment , Tragic Arrogance , or Cleansing Nova are cards you don't mind playing when you have your own creatures on the board, unlike Merciless Eviction . These cards are also, pretty cheap, especially Tragic Arrogance (really underrated card IMO), so they don't break the budget.
- Play Fiend Hunter
- Target a creature with his ETB
- In response to his ETB trigger, sacrifice him
- His death trigger resolves first, which doesn't do anything because the ETB trigger hasn't resolved yet
- Let his ETB trigger resolve, which exiles an opponent's creature permanently!
This can prove very powerful against large creatures.
2 weeks ago
Massacre Wurm Gets double triggers, (so does anything which triggers when your opponents stuff dies), you can make them lose 4 life for each thing you kill.
Black Market Double payout, amazing value!
Butcher of Malakir Grave Pact on a stick.
Dark Prophecy Skullclamp for everyone? This looks too good not to run.
Demon of Dark Schemes Yeah it's energy weirdness but for every two things that die you can reanimate any one guy from any graveyard, it's probably the only stand alone energy card worth running anywhere, but it seems especially spicy here.
Jar of Eyeballs Bit of a joke, double eyeballs.
Mimic Vat Whilst you skip any death triggers from imprinting something on it, the token it makes does die on the end step, jam a Kokusho, the Evening Star onto this and drain for days. Also can imprint your opponents things.
Wound Reflection hurts real bad.
Yahenni, Undying Partisan an Indestructible sac outlet.
2 weeks ago
It's kind of funny. I've seen quite a few Teysa builds floating around(including my own) and they all seem to look alike. I like the idea of Teysa, and plus my playgroup wont see her coming from a mile away.lol Good looking deck you've built. Might I suggest Yahenni, Undying Partisan , Hallowed Spiritkeeper and possibly Yosei, the Morning Star ?
Yahenni, Undying Partisan occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.04%
All decks: 0.01%
All decks: 0.07%