|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Culling the Weak
As an additional cost to play Culling the Weak, sacrifice a creature.
Add (Black)(Black)(Black)(Black) to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Culling the Weak Discussion
3 days ago
Ah, so theyre meta picks. My meta is devoid of any version of land hate so Ill probably stick to Arbor Elf just because he can get value without killing him self. (Makes Diabolic Intent and Culling the Weak a lot better) PS: Baral, Chief of Compliance also reduces sorceries
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
Culling the Weak is an instant, and can only sacrifice one creature.
2 weeks ago
The main cards to add for this effect would be:
Triskelion and Mikaeus, the Unhallowed for the most straightforward combo, and the Buried Alive you have to put them in, preferably with Rune-Scarred Demon. You recur the Demon fetching Vindicate, then bring the Mikaeus/Triskelion Combo out by sacing the Demon. This means Buried Alive can win the game with the commander as a one card combo. Phantasmagorian can be used if you end up with any number of the combo pieces in hand.
Other cards to add include Imperial Seal, Grim Tutor, Diabolic Intent, Culling the Weak, Dimir Machinations, Corpse Connoisseur, Mana Crypt, Mana Vault, Memnite, Shield Sphere, Ornithopter, Grim Monolith, Phyrexian Walker, Chrome Mox, Lotus Petal, Defense Grid, Dark Confidant, etc.
Cards you can drop:
1 month ago
thank you so much for actively helping me improve the deck. I have been closely looking at the large pile of commons which I own more closely. As well as paying good attention to all the suggestions you both made. I came up with the following list of changes to improve the overall strategy and consistancy of the deck.
- Elvish Ranger: Too vanilla
- Selvala's Enforcer: I don't like giving my oponents free cards
- Treetop Scout: Not relevant enough
- Touch of Moonglove: A defensive removal, better options at hand
- Reave Soul: Too narrow, knowing that Eldrazi flock my meta too
- Plummet: Too narrow
- Murder: Better options at hand
- Asphyxiate: Better options at hand
- Dutiful Return: Better options at hand
- Scour from Existence: Too mana intensive for what it does
- Grim Harvest: overall improvement for what it does
- Culling the Weak: Great synergy with my commander
- Innocent Blood: Great synergy with my commander
- Sundering Vitae: Overall improvement
- Terror: Overall improvement
- Ashes to Ashes: Overall improvement
- Evincar's Justice: Overall improvement
- Entourage of Trest: Overall improvement
- Priest of Titania: Huge improvement
- Vulturous Aven : Great synergy with my commander
Thank you both for all the great recommendations. I have put a few still on the maybeboard, as I do not own them yet. But these changes feel like a mayor improvement to the deck already and I can't wait to see this build into action. If anyone still spots possible upgrades or weak links, then I love to hear you about it!
If anyone wishes to chat with me or other fellow magic players about EDH, Pauper EDH or any other format, I can also be found in here most of the time. Feel welcome to join this discord channel at any time.
1 month ago
1 month ago
This is a pretty good deck! I have a vampire deck that I am working on Rn and I am trying to use my regular vampire deck and use it as inspiration for my new commander deck. Also IMO I think some mana ramp wouldn't hurt. Maybe a card like Culling the Weak and Liliana of the Dark Realms. Is there anything specific you want to improve in this deck???
SCORE: 1 | 20 VIEWS