|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
|Fate Reforged (FRF)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
As Citadel Siege enters the battlefield, choose Khans or Dragons.
- Khans — At the beginning of your combat on your turn, put two +1/+1 counters on target creature you control.
- Dragons — At the beginning of combat on each opponent's turn, tap target creature that player controls.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (39)||Tiddilywinkus , Hootiequack , EliGjerdingen , DrPopular , , Mogar , TrackerD , accioali , voidruby , Crimson6 , Ellyreia , Dr_Jay , DarkMagician , Friedrice24 , dplerner , Regulus1010 , Famicomania , Snydog17 , frederiklw , mziter501 , Venser_the_Sojoner , philktoken8998 , Grantley91 , Va1mar , thetechzombie , CampbellStev , darthnuchi , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Caldazar , ironax , bakeraj4 , sneferie , joshw335 , JAT0 , saj0219 , pskinn01 , TheAlmostHero , golgarigirl , NobleSlay3r|
Citadel Siege Discussion
1 day ago
1 week ago
A couple of options to consider:
- Blind Obedience is really good in multiplayer. Daxos tends to take a bit to get off the ground, so slowing down your opponents and being able to stack up some extra life can be really valuable. -
- You have a lot of ways to spend mana other than spells, so Eidolon of Rhetoric and/or Rule of Law can really help you outvalue your opponents.
- You might consider one more way to protect Daxos. Flickering Ward could be a good option, especially with Serra's Sanctum to generate tons of white mana.
- I like Cessation / Cage of Hands as options for shutting down enemy commanders. Since Daxos tends to go long, removals are actually a bit weak for commander control.
- Skybind is one of my favorite Daxos tech cards. Both Daxos and Heliod can make enchantments at instant speed, which allows Skybind to act as more or less a repeatable Maze of Ith.
In terms of possible cuts:
- Athreos seems marginal. The deck is creature light and people will happily pay for anything that's actually relevant enough.
- It doesn't look like you have a lot of ways to abuse Faith's Reward. It'd really require the right set of circumstances to give 4 mana in value.
- You have a lot of ways to spend life, but not a lot of ways to recoup it. Corpse Augur is probably your least good way of spending life for cards and can probably safely go.
- Citadel Siege is a possibility. It locks down some problem cards, but maybe it could go if you went for something like Cage or Skybind?
- Diabolic Revelation may not end up being amazing. I find that Daxos almost always has something to do with mana, so expensive tutors (even if they can get multiple cards) can end up being somewhat dead. It may be good, but I'd recommend keeping an eye on it.
1 week ago
- Indeed I would have to change the name of the deck if I swapped out the commander. Another reason to leave Isamaru, Hound of Konda in charge. Plus, he is such a good boy. Yes he is!
- Thanks for the compliment! I have thought about some cards with Exalted, but they never seem to make the cut. Cathedral of War would be included if it did not enter the battlefield tapped. I had not considered Angelic Benediction but it has a similar function to Citadel Siege. I rarely choose "Dragons" except in special cases such as when I face Zur the Enchanter or similar.
- Thanks for the approval. This deck does well against stax decks, in my opinion. We run some stax cards of our own so we are generally prepared for similar style cards. Also, having a cheap Commander without special abilities allows us navigate common stax elements.
1 month ago
Your cards with Outlast are going to be a whole lot stronger if you can find ways to give all of your creatures +1/+1 counters other than using Outlast. Popular ways to do so would be: Citadel Siege, Mikaeus, the Lunarch, and targeting a Phalanx Leader with some friendly spells.
You could also consider adding Brave the Sands for a further buff to your creatures.
1 month ago
Hey there as promised earlier, here are my suggestions. I will suggest what to take out and possible replacements for each.
(Take out these)Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, Kiora, Master of the Depths,Mystic Barrier, Isperia, Supreme Judge, Dictate of Karametra, Jace, the Living Guildpact, Creeping Renaissance, Garruk Relentless, Praetor's Counsel, Spreading Plague, Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath, Sorin, Grim Nemesis, Primal Surge, Citadel Siege, Jace, Memory Adept.
Also in terms of lands remove: Elfhame Palace, Orzhov Guildgate, Selesnya Guildgate, Tranquil Expanse, Golgari Rot Farm, Selesnya Sanctuary, Azorius Chancery. I could suggest a lot more like Thornwood Falls among others but I feel your wanting to keep the land base fairly budget still correct?
Now let me suggest some replacements...
Cyclonic Rift, Teferi, Temporal Archmage, Supreme Verdict, Anguished Unmaking, Sphere of Safety, Norn's Annex, No Mercy, Sol Ring, Astral Cornucopia, Fellwar Stone, Gilded Lotus, Spike Weaver, Exploration / Burgeoning, Venser, the Sojourner, Merciless Eviction, Skyshroud Claim, Mana Reflection, Rhystic Study, Sylvan Library, City of Brass, Reflecting Pool, Forbidden Orchard, Mana Confluence, Murmuring Bosk, Path to Exile, Swan Song, Disallow, Catastrophe, Mystical Tutor, and Demonic Tutor.
I better cut this to an end here, as I still got to look at your other decklists. But if you are wondering about any of my suggestions here / and or what to add if any from among my suggestions then just let me know!
1 month ago
Ad all the fetches that hit your colors, they really help with tempo and the mana-fixing is a essential part of super-friends.
Try to play 5 colors, you are missing out on some pretty sweet planeswalkers:
Also, play Venser, the Sojourner (look at that ult!!)
I would focus more on card-draw and counter-spells instead of utilizing your planeswalkers. Try to shove in some removal spells like Hero's Downfall and counters like Force of Will or just good old Counterspell. The oaths are in my opinion not game changing and you don't want to draw them later on in the game. Citadel Siege is not efficient enough if you want to slow down your opponents, play Blind Obedience instead. It's cheaper, has extort and shuts down any aggro or combo based deck.
Last of all. Where are your tutors?! If you are playing super-friends you really want to look for certain kind of answers during the game. Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor and Mystical Tutor are ideal for the job (but expensive). If you are looking for more budget types of tutors then Diabolic Revelation, Diabolic Tutor and Rune-Scarred Demon are good to to begin with.
I love super-friends +1
1 month ago
Since copying a modal spell, say Twincast targetting an Esper Charm the copy created has the same modes, does Fractured Identity targetting a Demonic Pact with the first three modes already chosen make copies of the enchantment with the only available mode "You lose the game."?
Same question goes with the Fate Reforged Siege cycle of enchantments, such as Citadel Siege, with the Khans mode chosen. Do the copies have the option to choose new modes?
1 month ago
I'm also working on an atraxa angel tribal. A few things ive found that might help your deck:
Enchantments:Cradle of Vitality will help you throw alot of counters on your angels making them even bigger threats that will only grow bigger with Atraxa.
Angelic Accord since you can gain at least 4 life every time you deal damage with Atraxa you can throw down some mean angel tokens. There is also the better known Luminarch Ascension but that is a huge target. Your running decent protection though so may work for you. My favorite is Entreat the Angels cast it for Its miracle cost and just sweep the board with angels. These are obviously all weak to board wipes which the rest of your deck seems to benefit from so I could see you not including these but I find them great since most angels cost so much mana.
Duelist's Heritage can really help you hit for crazy damage with any of your bigger angels.
Cathars' Crusade I'm sure you have already considered this and I know the deck isnt built around Atraxas proliferate but I feel Angels are just meant to have counters placed on them to truly dominate the skies over dragons and other big creatures. Pair this card with one of the token generators I mentioned above plus Atraxa and you will have some serious threats.
I have found Frontier Siege useful in helping with mana. You also get the option to use your flyers to take out your opponents blockers and other pesky creatures without using up your control cards or risky combat. Its sister card Citadel Siege helps either throw more counters on angels or tap down blockers (or the scary Eldrazi eyeing you across the table).
Removal:I dont know many good ones that arent in white (and you have more than enough cards running white) but I will still recommend a half white card Sylvan Reclamation because of the options to exile stuff or landcylcle. And in 4 colors, you need dem lands.
Recursion:You have most of the best ones so I can only suggest Necromantic Summons since you get more counters to exploit. The high manna cost weighs against it compared to your cheaper options so this is definitely a 50/50.
Card draw:I definitely recommend you get at least 3-5 more card draw cards since that's a big game decider often in EDH. There are too many good ones to list here but I will say Brilliant Spectrum since you have 4 colors (though there are many cards that will let you draw that many cards without discarding that are more expensive) and Tezzeret's Gambit since proliferating is important for those mana rocks and lands with counters on them. Mana is huge in an angel deck. Speaking of which...
Mana Ramp:There are the obvious green ramp spells like Cultivate and Rampant Growth (personally I go with Map the Wastes for that bolster counter) and I recommend any of them if You can since 4 color decks need help with the mana base. Having Astral Cornucopia is a great choice, but you should also swing Everflowing Chalice since it does the same with colorless mana. Mana is really important in a deck with so many high costing creatures, even if your cheating them out alot with reanimation cards. Also lands like Dreadship Reef that can be proliferated. If you have room for it, I find Alchemist's Refuge useful for flashing in big angels as blockers or on my opponents end step so I get to attack with it on my turn without it risking being removed off the board (angels are big targets after all).
Cards to remove: Avacyn, Angel of Hope and Akroma, Angel of Wrath are very good angels, but their very high mana cost combined with them having 3 white in the casting cost really hurts in a 4 color deck. Cards like reanimation do help you cheat them out, but you aren't going to be able to do that often enough to balance it out. If you dont run into a mana problem when you play the deck however then they are fine additions.
Sublime Archangel very good angel but maybe not good in this deck since you may not ever have more than 3 or 4 angels out at once and you will want to be able to attack with all of them.
Sigarda, Host of Herons also a great angel, but since you have so much graveyard recursion, may not be the worst thing to have to sacrifice them. She is amazing still though and only take her out if you have nothing else to take out and you have an even better angel to replace her with.Fractured Identity I like this card a lot but doesnt seem to have anything to do with the deck. Maybe replace it with something like Crackling Counterpart? Then you have 2-3 awesome versions of one of your own angels.
I hope this was helpful. Angels are what got me into commander and are my absolute favorite type of card. Atraxa is perfect for filling in the weak points of an angel deck and is an amazing commander. Flavor is also extremely important to me when I build decks and you have alot of it in yours which is good to see. Atraxa is the single most popular commander in EDH right now and with good reason, but with all the proliferate and infect decks people are making you can swing in out of no where with angels and just wreck people. Now go destroy everyone with the best creature type in the game!