|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist
Legendary Creature — Cat Warrior
Whenever Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist attacks, each opponent can't block with more than one creature this combat.
As long as Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist is tapped, no more than one creature can attack you each combat.
Commander Recommendations Start Commander Deck
Latest as Commander
Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist Discussion
4 days ago
A couple more thoughts in addition to my thoughts above.
Cathars' Crusade is a math nightmare but it's way better than Door of Destinies. I don't play this but if you like pumping the team up it is one of the best ways to do it.
Fire Covenant is a selective wrath to clear the way for your attacks and you can easily regain the life by activating Najeela.
Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist combined with a source of Menace makes your team unblockable.
Other lands that will help you and wont break the bank: City of Brass , Mana Confluence , Reflecting Pool . I'd cut anything that comes into play tapped. Play pain lands, check lands, battle lands or anything else.
6 days ago
Like Sisay, but More Colors
Back in My Day They Were Just Creatures!
Those Who Forget History are Doomed to Lose to it.
RIP Kamigawa (Legend Tribal)
Saskia: the Stuff of Legends
Big Sassy's Legendary Horde (note: Big Sassy as a nickname for Saskia can be used in any of these names)
Legendary Night at Saskia's Bar
History Has its Eyes on You (it's a musical reference, if you don't get it)
That's all I got for names- this one was tough! Now, suggestions:
Adun Oakenshield is okay recursion, Anafenza, the Foremost is a good body, Captain Lannery Storm is good ramp, Dosan the Falling Leaf is good against control, Grand Warlord Radha is great ramp, Hua Tuo, Honored Physician is good recursion, Isamaru, Hound of Konda is a gud boi (and a one-drop), Kambal, Consul of Allocation is good taxation without representation, Karador, Ghost Chieftain is SICK and also very flavorfully appropriate for this deck, Kothophed, Soul Hoarder is great draw, Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip is a good body, Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist is good protection, Ravos, Soultender is good recursion, Rhonas the Indomitable is good but you'll have to see if you like God-Eternal Rhonas better (I like OG Rhonas better unless your repeating God-Eternal's ETB), Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper is good block deterrence, one of the Tajics ( Tajic, Blade of the Legion or Tajic, Legion's Edge ), both are good bodies, Tana, the Bloodsower is good body + chump blockers, Tariel, Reckoner of Souls is good recursion, Varchild, Betrayer of Kjeldor is good fun, and Zurgo Helmsmasher is a surprisingly fun political piece.
Also, I'd really recommend you include planeswalkers, and also you're running two Selvalas and two Odrics.
3 weeks ago
It does indeed follow the same template as Fiend Hunter which means it's abusable.
Reconnaissance is really good, but it's at its best in a deck that always wants to attack (like Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist ). Here it's occassionally useful but not enough to warrant a card slot. It's hard enough to find room for cards as it is :D
Anyway, I think you get the idea with wave. There's always a situation where it's useful even when it sits there doing seemingly nothing. Hell, like you already said you could throw it in play even without a board but just as a political tool. Creating deals where you generate value for an opponent in exchange for not being attacked. Possibilities are endless.
Oh i forgot the most fun way of using Parallax Wave:
2 months ago
Hey, I also don't have a Arahbo deck, but to take more advantage of eminence (+3/+3 for a Cat) my advice is to keep the mana curve low. Mostly one and two drop Cats, some three drops, couple of four drops and top the curve at five drop Regal Caracal and Arahbo:
Here's an example:
- Loam Lion
- Wild Nacatl
- Savannah Lions
- Jungle Lion
- Steppe Lynx
- Scythe Leopard
- Sacred Cat
- Trained Caracal
- Glittering Lynx
- Fleecemane Lion
- Qasali Pridemage
- Adorned Pouncer
- Metallic Mimic
- Leonin Arbiter
- Leonin Skyhunter
- Ajani's Pridemate
- Leonin Relic-Warder
- Brimaz, King of Oreskos
- Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist
- Skyhunter Skirmisher
- Pride Sovereign
- Mirri, Cat Warrior
- Alms Collector
- Jazal Goldmane
- Leonin Warleader
- Regal Caracal
2 months ago
I've no list but there are some neat cats to include:
Qasali Pridemage , Leonin Warleader , Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist , Regal Caracal , Jazal Goldmane , Qasali Slingers , Temur Sabertooth , Brimaz, King of Oreskos , Felidar Sovereign , Nacatl War-Pride , Jareth, Leonine Titan and Fleecemane Lion .
I know some of these came in the deck or are really obvious but the seem to be among the better ones, i think.
4 months ago
@ShaperSavant Nice one^^,
In short: I never said I invented the concept of Derevi Stax but you wouldn't know that because you never even looked at the primer properly but that's okay I know it's better than the kids' copy primer!...
- "Derevi is not a tier 1 strategy, so the title of your list would be misleading to players."
It's one of the better Stax decks out there together with blood pod and such. So in a sense, it's above all the other Stax decks even though Tiers are a mere illusion in this dataless CEDH world... and without that Data, you can only get to what you've done with your list and that's fine!!!
Also, I don't see tier 1 in the title anywhere so?
京 An illusion? What are you hiding? (CEDH-STAX) 京
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 121 | 69 COMMENTS | 21359 VIEWS | IN 62 FOLDERS
- "Sol Ring, Wild Growth, Priest of Titania: multi-mana sources that have a strong Derevi synergy; their non-inclusion borders on incorrectness."
You're joking, right? These aren't necessary at all and have cute interactions sure but aren't fully game-breaking auto-inclusions for what this deck tries to do at all so let me correct you on that (doesn't border on incorrectness but rather borders on consistency with other aspects ;) ) ...
- Counters/interaction at CMC 1 or less ...I can 50/50 agree on some of the counters and interactions but 70% of the time you won't be able to play them either because of certain Staxy cards this deck might use don't you think?... Anyhow yes, they can be of use sometimes but I don't agree the deck suffers without them all the time...
- Bountiful Promenade (I Still strongly disagree that lands like these are better than pain lands as the condition of you dying from a Painland is far less likely than ending up in a 1v1 with Derevi after a while... Both are equally ridiculous scenarios yet I still favor pain above bond... (Horizon Canopy is on the want list as I said 3 times already so yeah thanks for reading that as well!)
- Caustic Caterpillar, Again, I'm sure it has some uses with The Chain Veil, Aetherflux Reservoir, and Paradox Engine as they won't want to play into it... but you can't have that 2 Mana open 24/7 either and still is a 1 for 1... not convinced by the card...
- Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist, We have a lot of Selvala, Heart of the Wilds's and Yisan, the Wanderer Bard's here and there and other Stax decks (+ many more) that run creatures combo like Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker and others too. I don't see how you can claim it's casual as you have no clue what my few different meta plays... and I do have an entire sideboard if I go to other stores or know that the league I play in is filled with a certain playstyle... but yeah you definitely read my primer (press X to doubt)! Mirri is still a flex card with the amount of creature combo that might be out there...
- Meekstone, Again I play in a huge league and people from all kinds of backgrounds with different playstyles join and try stuff so I am versatile and consistent (even with winning)... So if in a Multiplayer game or 2 headed giant game someone is a bit less invested into top-end Cedh and runs something than can bash trough (for example at the start of the pairings you might meet these decks as the first round is randomized) this still is handy regardless of the perfect world were your playing against only competitive EDH decks which do not always appear 100% on a tournament point of view as that is unpredictable, and it's plain stupid to claim a card makes the entire meta I play in casual... more than 100 people joined the league so far... Eventually, you face off against something you wouldn't expect... At the end you most of the time have a table filled with Cedh players going for first place and a table filled with the lower power decks and casuals as they never play as consistent... (Time limit we use is the same as any other official FNM or tournament so jank that would last dozens of hours isn't seen as much either, and when time is called you only get a 4-5 [don't remember exactly] turns starting at active player until someone ends it or they draw scoring last place of the pod with everyone who had a draw as well...)
- Selvala, Explorer Returned, (I was testing her for a long while and I mostly test cards for a month or two before I decide to keep or ship, though I removed her before you even replied so????)
- Gaddock Teeg casual? The Chain Veil CMC? Ad Nauseam CMC? Aetherflux Reservoir CMC? Paradox Engine CMC? and many more at 4 or more xD... come again? (Also in the league i mentioned earlier it does it's job as it is a very versatile card!)
Seems like you don't know how this deck really works, apart from the "shaman" these cards create soft locks and aren't at all slow... soft locks become hard locks... having a variety of these creates consistency and bodies for Derevi triggers.
As it stands, I do not wish to be added if a condescending view is given upon a deck without first of all even looking at the primer and claiming 12 pages long (yes you didn't read it) isn't as good as the two blocks of text the other kids copypasta has... Secondly claiming things you have no idea about and calling things casual is pretty low and wrong if you don't know how Derevi Stax works that is okay, just don't claim things you are unsure about again!!! (this makes me respect you less as a person who decides what goes on the list though as it is purely biased based of what you say and like more in your unknown meta) ...
Even though I feel like showing only the one deck isn't the way to show people the true potential or ideas that might be out there if I may add that! As I like the variety you offer with Thrasios and Tymna for example... Although a lot of different meta exist which you don't seem to grasp at all yet for Stax that is... so again some meta might see more of this or that but on a league that's a season long were I made the top 3 last season with 2 fewer tournaments played than the first 2 I 'de say my consistency is huge...
(Weekly MP, 2HG and yes 1v1 is in it too and I play the Marchesa list on my tapped out but that's still only 1/3 of the way while more than 100 people joined and around 20-30 ish were consistently fighting for the top) (1v1 Uses MTGO 1v1 ban list and before that the duel so yea Derevi is banned there for good reason!)
Anyhow, I might test some of these cards, definitely not all of them that's for sure! but this deck is forever under construction and always worked on + added primer parts show up more consistently than Sigi updates any of his decks' xD... I'd say it surely gives a good viewpoint with it's added sideboard in the description on which ways you can go or want to go be it Cedh or just something high power but not casual at all...
4 months ago
Well, they recently did a yawgmoth card (Yawgmoth's Vile Offering), though I have no idea if the guy in the forefront is Urza or Gerrard or someone else. So an Urza card of a similar manner is inevitable, I think.
4 months ago
If blockers become a serious issue, you can include Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist.
Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%