|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Walk the Aeons
Buyback-Sacrifice three Islands. (You may sacrifice three Islands in addition to any other costs as you play this spell. If you do, put this card into your hand as it resolves.)
Target player takes an extra turn after this one.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Walk the Aeons Discussion
3 days ago
In big multiplayer games I find tempo cards like Wash Out, Kederekt Leviathan, and Coastal Breach really helpful. You also could run extra turn spells to remove time counters faster: Beacon of Tomorrows, Expropriate, Temporal Mastery, Temporal Trespass, Time Stretch, Time Warp, Walk the Aeons.
4 days ago
Hey, looks really good, +1. You should of designed the Commander 2017 Wizard deck :)
Consider adding Jace, Vryn's Prodigy Flip and spells that let you take an extra turn? Time Warp, Walk the Aeons, Temporal Trespass and Temporal Manipulation. Jace is a Wizard he goes with the Wizard theme and spells that let you take an extra turn are busted with Jace, Telepath Unbound Flip -3 ability.
1 week ago
a buyback cost is not part of the mana cost. so if you wanted to cast Walk the Aeons with As Foretold, the first thing you should know is that that won't happen until turn 9, and the second thing you should know is that you still have to sacrifice 3 islands if you want to use the buyback ability
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
A nice start to an interesting deck. I do have a few recommendations to make this deck a bit more powerful.
Next, I would recommend changing Benevolent Offering, Intellectual Offering, Oath of Chandra, and Mizzium Mortars for some more high impact cards. The Offering cards (not including Volcanic) are good for "grouphug" decks, but might be problematic in giving your opponents fuel to get rid of your Planeswalkers. Oath of Chandra is generally underwhelming even if you are casting Planeswalkers every turn and could be replaced by a better card to cast for free. For Mizzium Mortars (and every card with overload or awaken), you unfortunately cannot cast it for its overload if you get it exiled with Narset (check for the rulings, if you want to know why)
For some other cards to put in, there are a few more extra turn spells that you could use like Part the Waterveil and Walk the Aeons (and you can pay the buyback cost as you cast it from Narset). Additionally, cards like World at War can allow you to get more cards off of Narset in a turn. Also, Propaganda might be a good include.
With all of this being said, I absolutely love this deck and hope to try it out with my own little spin on it (especially with Tibalt). Best of luck!
2 months ago
2 months ago
Hands down this is my favorite of all the decks you've done! I love playing Mizzix, but she can draw a lot of hate. Your deck takes all of the stuff I love from Mizzix and puts it in a less suspicious shell. I figured I'd throw out a few of my favorties from my own experiences, although not all of these are budget options.
- Turnabout - helps power-up your experiment by untapping your lands
- Past in Flames - why return Epic Exp to your hand when you can just cast it from the GY?
- Capsize - spells with buyback work great with Epic Exp
- Mizzix's Mastery - incredible useful as long as Epic Exp is NOT in your GY
- Mystic Confluence - not budget, but fantastic utility card
- Part the Waterveil - you can't awaken it off Epic Exp but it's still a free extra turn
- Walk the Aeons - extra turn, and with all your fetching you might have the islands to buy it back
- Firemind's Foresight - a severely underrated tutor, especially with the amount of ramp at your disposal. I'd recommend fetching Swan Song for protection, Epic Exp, and Reiterate for the payoff.
- Snap - if you hit it with Epic Exp then you get free mana!
- High Tide - I dont think there are enough islands in here to justify it, but it's really sweet with some of the untap effects
- Sphinx of the Final Word - meta-dependent, can help make sure your Epic Exp doesn't get countered
- Pyromancer's Goggles - great way to copy your Epic Exp, and it's just a great card to own in general
- As Foretold - I'm not sure if it's great in this deck, but it DOES let you cast spells for free, which means you have extra mana available for the Epic Exp
- Isochron Scepter - so many good targets for this one
- Dissipation Field - helpful defensive tech
- Everflowing Chalice - Pairs really well with Kruphix to power-up your Epic Experiments
2 months ago
As others have said, there isn't enough quality energy cards for edh to have that be part of your main plan in this deck. If you want to abuse your commander's triggers, a decent plan would be to take extra turns Beacon of Tomorrows, Capture of Jingzhou, Lighthouse Chronologist, Part the Waterveil, Savor the Moment, Temporal Manipulation, Temporal Mastery, Temporal Trespass,Time Stretch, Time Warp, and Walk the Aeons could all work well. I mean more turns makes for more first spells. I believe the first spell also can trigger (correct me if I'm wrong) on opponent's turns, so cards like Seedborn Muse, Awakening, Bear Umbra, and Nature's Will can help there. Hopefully that helps!