Buyback—Discard two cards. (You may discard two cards in addition to any other costs as you cast this spell. If you do, put this card into your hand as it resolves.)
Counter target spell.
|Want (2)||KingKruph , aloeliger|
Printings View all
|Masterpiece Series: Amonkhet Invocations (AKHMPS)||None|
|Tempest Remastered (TPR)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Forbid occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
3 weeks ago
Hey, good budget version of Talrand, nice Consecrated Sphinx.
Budget cards to consider adding:
Peregrine + Displace + Archaeomancer/Mnemonic Wall makes infinite blue mana from blinking Peregrine and infinite casts of Displace which equals infinite 2/2 Drakes from Talrand. Displace is an instant meaning can do this combo on an opponents turn and then attack with infinite Drakes on your turn.
- High Tide: excellent ramp when playing so many Islands and cards that can recur it to cast it again. Can get more ramp out of Tide with Peregrine, Frantic Search, Snap as these cards let you untap Islands to make more mana.
- Bident of Thassa: more repeatable draw with 2/2 Drakes.
- Mystic Speculation: buyback.
- Capsize: buyback.
- Forbid: buyback.
- Serum Visions
- Reality Shift
- Reliquary Tower
Cards to consider cutting:
- Temple of the False God
- Spell Snuff
- Thought Collapse
- Of One Mind
- Dazzling Lights
- Stream of Thought
- String of Disappearances
- Dictate of Kruphix
- Ethereal Forager
- Hieroglyphic Illumination
- Chemister's Insight
- Portal Mage
Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
Forbid is surprisingly playable in Tasigur of the golden banana. just a thought in case you hadn't already considered it.
2 months ago
Looks good! I definitely recommend Capsize here. Mizzix's ability reduces additional costs like Buyback and Kicker, so you'd be able to play Capsize all day.
These might interest you too: Dominate, Curse of the Swine, Epic Experiment, Thousand-Year Storm, Forbid, Rite of Replication, Spellseeker, Fists of Flame (surprise commander damage!), Braingeyser, Mind Spring, Pirate's Pillage, Pirate's Prize, Spell Swindle, Reality Spasm (untap those lands!), Turnabout
3 months ago
3 months ago
Chandra, Flamecaller is excellent in this deck. It is a board wipe, a wheel and occasionally free damage.
Shared Animosity is so good with Locusts. It's usually game over for the whole table when you wheel into it.
If your friends don't mind you being a little mean, you could play Opposition. You can use your tokens to tap people down during their upkeep and they won't be playing any magic.
Merfolk Looter seems a bit weak for the deck. Invisibility also seems a bit strange. You don't seem like a Voltron deck necessarily. In any case, something like Trailblazer's Boots can give you the effect you need without being a fragile Aura. there are much better counters than Cancel. I like Forbid.
3 months ago
CrimsonWings3689 - I maintain that Diffusion Sliver is not a good sliver in a Singleton format. If an opponent really needed to get rid of a Gemhide Sliver or something essential for you to combo off, then the extra is a paltry price to pay in addition to the for Swords to Plowshares, or the for Beast Within, or even the for Terminate. Alot of instant removal in EDH is fairly low cost to begin with. Sure, there's a chance that an opponent wouldn't be able to pay - but three? The odds aren't in your favor if you're relying solely on Diffusion.
The previously mentioned Sliver was designed for a format where you can have more than one in your deck. Paying an extra isn't so bad, but ? ? Not feasible. I think you're wasting a slot by including this Sliver - put in some interaction in it's place - Forbid, Arcane Denial, Unwind, Heroic Intervention, Teferi's Protection - something. You need a hard answer for a hard question - not a Hopefully or maybe they can't pay the . Including Unsettled Mariner is an okay step up - but the lack of consistency (how often are you going to get both on the field) and cost (are you seriously going to tutor for both?) to get each Sliver on the field just isn't worth it. The cost seriously outweighs the benefits. You're better off having some interaction in this slot.
3 months ago
Love me some Angus.
I am not a big fan of Fog Patch. It doesn't stop creatures with Trample, which is a pretty big deal. I also think you can do way better than Fog and Holy Day in Commander.
Cancel is a bit bland as well. There are tons of better counterpells. I would play Forbid, but pretty much anything else will work as well.
Elephant Grass is a super powerful card for you. Extra points for comboing with Hannah, Ship's Navigator.
You aren't running too many essential creatures to your game plan, aside from card draw and ramp. Asceticism seems a bit out of place. Why not play Privileged Position? This will protect all your permanents at the expense of not being able to regenerate creatures for 2 mana.
You can do a lot better than Guard Gomazoa. In fact, I think it would be a good idea to add a few more lands to your deck and this seems like an appropriate cut.
O-Ring or Banishing Light could be replaced by Detention Sphere. It's only slightly better because it can deal with boards full of tokens.
3 months ago
In regards to sideboards - they don't exist in EDH. This is a singleton format where players bring their decks as they are. So...unless those are cards you are considering for the deck - ya gotta cut em. Now here are some suggestions on what you could put in the deck to help it run more consistently:
- Manaweft Sliver: Like Gemhide Sliver but better.
- Worldly Tutor/Congregation at Dawn: These are tutors that have synergy with your commander (who must already be in play). Tutor for the 1 (or 3 slivers that each have a CMC 1 less than the other} and place it on top of your library. When casting Congregation at Dawn you can stack 3 slivers each with 3 different CMCs and - voalá you have 2 more Slivers coming into play.
- Skyshroud Claim/Pir's Whim/Nature's Lore/Sliver Hive/City of Brass/Exotic Orchard/Reflecting Pool/Chromatic Lantern/: For a 5c deck you have woefully little ramp/manafixing.
- Path to Exile/Swords to Plowshares/Anguished Unmaking/Krosan Grip/Beast Within/Generous Gift/Counterspell/Swan Song/Mana Leak/Arcane Denial/Forbid: Your deck has very little interaction - making you just a passive victim when your opponents decide it's time to deal with you - or when your opponents are going off. You need to be able to act. Slivers aren't passive creatures, and neither should you be when piloting them.
HONORABLE MENTIONS FOR ADDITIONAL CUTS: I know I went over a bunch of cuts in my previous post, but here are some more suggestions -
- Assemble the Legion/Retreat to Emeria/Birthing Boughs: You don't need Sliver Queen to make more tokens in an efficient manner. Allow me to introduce you to Brood Sliver and Hive Stirrings. Why go throught the trouble of making a janky combo that creates soldier tokens/changelings in cheap Sliver costumes when you could just...make Slivers? You also have the added flavor of getting double the tokens per combat damage assignment step when you have both Brood Sliver and Bonescythe Sliver out on the battlefield. Worse yet - Legion, Emeria and Boughs have absolutely no synergy with your commander outright. you have to hope you have Hivestone on the battlefield. AND THEN even if you have alll of the parts and pieces on the board you have literally zero cards in your deck that are CMC 0 - as tokens have a CMC of 0 - creating a total non-bo that just allows you to only be able to shuffle your library. That's it.