|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masterpiece Series: Amonkhet Invocations (AKHMPS)||None|
|Tempest Remastered (TPR)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Buyback—Discard two cards. (You may discard two cards in addition to any other costs as you cast this spell. If you do, put this card into your hand as it resolves.)
Counter target spell.
1 week ago
I would cut Cancel for Forbid and Dissolve for Swan Song . Maybe add a little bit of card draw to avoid being mana screwed. like Telling Time and Preordain could be solid in a fast deck like this. I'd try to fit them in for anything you find slows you down when you test. Hyena Umbra and Eel Umbra could be solid. I like Reality Shift more than like Oblivion Ring . As for lands I like Irrigated Farmland both for fixing and games you get mana flooded. Coldsteel Heart is another rock if you find you need one
4 weeks ago
I don't feel the need for Chasm Skulker or Diviner's Wand , we want to draw more efficiently than these because 4 mana a card isn't efficient and Chasm Skulker doesn't do much besides being a big dumb idiot, which we don't really need either. Opponents attacking us isn't something that usually happens, and Rhystic Study gives my opponents the choice, which I don't care for.
I'm dismissing Psychosis Crawler for about the 4th time in this deck's existence, because it's not the game we're playing.
4 weeks ago
I would suggest trying out Forbid . It has good synergy with the draw all the cards gameplan.
1 month ago
List of budget and non-budget ones that I think are great additions in a support matchup:
I'd also look at extra turn effect cards like any of them really because they cost 1 less for you and your entire team takes the extra turn, probably 2 or 3 in this deck won't hurt.
what I think is meh and very situational or just bad and slow :
@MyBoringLife if i missed anything this plebian knows all about the
1 month ago
Ixidor, Reality Sculptor is actually my favourite character of the whole magic universe so your deck puts a smile on my face. Thank you for that. I like to suggest you some changes and I try to view those on a budget version. First things first: You need to have a strategy, that can win you the game. Morph is a great mechanic, but you have to take a look at how you want to play.
- Not every creature you play has to have Morph.
- Too much creatures, even for a commander like Ixidor. Skip Aquamorph Entity , Scornful Egotist , Riptide Pilferer , Monastery Flock , Dragon's Eye Savants , Coral Trickster . Those cards won't help you that much.
- Counterspell , Arcane Denial , Forbid : Going deeper into the control strategy, Hinder or Insidious Will are also very good
- Get a better card draw, you have to play a land every turn. Rhystic Study is a bit expensive, but does so much work. Standstill gives you time and almost card draw.
- Extraplanar Lens , Caged Sun or even Sword of the Animist helps you to get more mana
- Equilibrium : I like that card a lot, can return a main threat back to the owners hand
- Propaganda : For not getting attacked all the time.
- Wonder : Because in some time, you have to hit your opponents.
You may also go deeper into the Wizards tribal. Y>ou already have many Wizards in your deck and Ixidor also is one. You won't be able to play big fattie creatures, but there are so many other ways to win the game, especially in blue. For the Wizards I'm thinking of Nameless One , Azami, Lady of Scrolls , Riptide Director , Information Dealer , maybe Patron Wizard . Guess this could be really strong, because with Wizards you gain in addition to the Morph ability a better card draw engine, better control abilities and many tribal connections.
1 month ago
Both cards have special functions for this deck
- Silas Renn, Seeker Adept : There are some very useful artifacts in this deck, it's another way to get them back from the graveyard. The 2/2 body with deathtouch can force an opponent not to attack (you).
- Death Wish : In my playgroup we play with a wishboard. That means, that you have up to 15 cards in exile (like the sideboard). In the current commander rules no wishboard allowed, but as always this is something you have to clear this specific rule with your friedns and opponents before the game. You may change this card with any other of the listed Maybeboard or any other card.
I see that this deck is in a budget view really expensive and I unterstand to switch some cards due budget reasons. To your specific question I recommend the following:
- Intuition This card is hard to replace by a cheaper card, but you may put in some drawing cards like Frantic Search or Fact or Fiction
- Mission Briefing : If you need a recursion you may play Flood of Recollection or Archaeomancer .
- Price of Fame : I like Ashes to Ashes , but any other destroy effect does the same as Price of Fame . I've this card in the deck because it can easy destroy any commander creature and has the "Surveil"-ability.
- Sinister Sabotage : Okay, put in any other counter spell like Forbid
- Jace, the Mind Sculptor : Easy to replace, because this planeswalker card isn't very important. If you really want to play a planeswalker Jace Beleren is a playable option.
- Death Wish : My flexible card, you may switch this one for a card that helps you against specific strategies. For example if many of your opponents play green think of Perish . Or if Token-strategies are common, than AEther Snap is fantastic. Take a look on my listed Maybeboard, I'm sure you may find a reasonable card
- Academy Ruins : You may put a basic land instead of this card, also consider Strip Mine or Cephalid Coliseum
1 month ago
2 months ago
You really shouldn't be running either. Both are bad cards. Maybe they belong in Phenax, God of Deception , but that's about the only scenario I can imagine. In any other case Counterspell , Swan Song , Arcane Denial , Negate , Countersquall , Disallow , Dissipate , Sinister Sabotage , Dissolve , Forbid , Spell Crumple , Void Shatter , Wizard's Retort , Dream Fracture , Admiral's Order , and Dream Fracture should all be in a UB deck before the milling counters even enter the conversation.
Forbid occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%