|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masterpiece Series: Amonkhet Invocations (AKHMPS)||None|
|Tempest Remastered (TPR)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Buyback - Discard two cards.
Counter target spell.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (11)||YossarianLives , Benniator , pskinn01 , Royal_Windsor , Metaphisyk , Bluboltar , Big-Foot , KillDatBUG , meowCat1234 , CAPTAINxCOOKIES , Justinaut|
|Want (2)||Malachy_ , Grantley91|
9 hours ago
MadMadison nope. Just an example ;p (I play it in my Jodah decl). I was looking through some cards and found some good ideas. See if any of these work? Maybe take out some clunky cards for it. BTW not checking to see if you already have these cards. If they are here, then they should be pretty good. 1. Commandeer? --> You have a bunch of draw power, so put it to good use! 2. AEtherspouts? --> Not too sure about this one. I'll test it a bit more and see. 3. Cryptic Command? --> Almost always a good card, especially in mono blue! 4. Cephalid Constable --> More Disruption. I stand by this card and think it's extremely valuable. 5. Latchkey Faerie --> Depends on if you are planning to go tribal heavy or not. 6. Master of Waves --> I think those 2/1s are gonna poke in for a lot of damage. 7. Nimble Obstructionist --> I think the cycle ability is great, but a 3/1 unblockable is also valuable. 8. Phyrexian Revoker --> Good card in general. Also unblockable. Disrupts tempo. 9. Rootwater Thief --> Helps disrupt certain cards in their combo. 10. Surrakar Spellblade --> Amazing for card draw. Also unblockable. 11. Thing in the Ice Flip --> Good card in general. I think you should use him as one of your finishers in case your board gets blown up. 12. General Comments: - I think you are too creature heavy. I think you can include soft counter spells. For example, Spell Pierce, Spell Snare, and Negate. I think you need less counter spells for creatures (speaking of, use Counterspell and Mana Drain), because the big damage will be coming from spells like Damnation, Wrath of God, Anger of the Gods, etc. I think counter spells will be useful to save your board state. And if a mass removal does resolve, a Thing in the Ice Flip would be great. Some examples are... - Cyclonic Rift is also great creature disruption with high versatility. - Forbid might be good if you need to dump some cards that u drew. - Stifle is also nice if a creature entered the battlefield and triggered mass removal, like Avacyn, the Purifier.
Another miscellaneous cards could be.. - Mask of Memory --> great card draw!
What you should cut... - Wild-Field Scarecrow - Temporal Adept - Shapesharer and Shape Stealer - Consider Siren of the Fanged Coast even though it did me wonders in that one match. - Courtly Provocateur
That's all I've got for now. Please remember these are just my suggestions. If you implement all of these, it becomes my deck and not yours. So remember, keep what you can justify, and leave what you can't. Incorporate what you see potential in, leave or test the rest. Good luck!
P.S.: I will be back to look at it some more. This deck really intrigues me!
1 week ago
Hello! Your deck has a lot of similarity to mine (The Ten Plagues: Locust God EDH | *PRIMER*), and overall this definitely looks good.
I don't have much time to write currently - graduation week at my university - but a few quick thoughts:
3) With this few nonbasics, Back to Basics seems like it would be AMAZING.
6) Mystic Remora for a thousand years :)
I hope this helps a bit! :)
1 week ago
Your manabase is truly awful.
- You have too many lands that ETB tapped.
- You manabase color consistency is spotty at best.
- You have too many utility lands that don't provide colored mana (this is likely the root cause for #2).
- You are missing some key artifact ramp/color fixing.
- You are running some very questionable choices: Examples: Crypt of Agadeem you only have 7 black creatures total (not counting commander) Save this for a mono-black deck & Glacial Chasm my guess is you are using this to hold off attacks until you can combo off. The issue is this card combos best with Solemnity, but you can't run white.
- 1,2,3: Drop a bunch of the ETB lands and utility lands bring in Fetchlands and Duals (OG Duals, Shocklands (Ravnica blocks), Tango Lands(Battle for Zendikar) and Bi-cycle lands (Amonkett)). Choose what works for your budget.
- 4. Add Chromatic Lantern it will help with color fixing, stops Blood Moon attacks and makes non-mana producing lands into mana producing lands. I would also suggest Mana Vault and Voltaic Key. These will help you mana ramp and keep pace with Ramp decks which have access to green mana. Also missing is Crucible of Worlds. It help you recover from mass land destruction and ensure you hit your land drops if you are running fetchlands. Other artifacts to consider are: Mox Opal, Chrome Mox, Grim Monolith, Rakdos Signet, Dimir Signet, Izzet Signet, Lion's Eye Diamond Again, choose what works for your budget.
- 5. Remove your questionable choices and run Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth and Cabal Coffers instead. Urborg will make all your lands swamps, which will solve any black mana issues and make all non-mana lands into mana producing lands. And it combos amazingly with Cabal Coffers. It is way better than the Crypt of Agadeem. I also suggest running Maze of Ith instead of Mystifying Maze. Maze of Ith doesn't cost mana to activate and will deter attacks or at least nullify their best non-shroud, non-hexproof creature. Mystifying Maze will just encourage certain attacks since it can trigger ETB effects for your opponents. Which can be more valuable then shrinking your life total.
Other Issues and Potential Fixes:
- Graveyard Hate/Enchantment Removal. You added Pithing Needle to deal with certain artifacts but have ignored enchantment based graveyard hate. And I don't see any real enchantment removal. The only card that could hit an enchantment seems to be Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker. Leyline of the Void, Rest in Peace, and Ashes of the Abhorrent just straight up ruin your day. Grixis is weak to this permanent type, but blue has your best answers. I would add Cyclonic Rift which is the best 1 sided boardwipe in EDH and will help you recover from an oppressive board state or seal your position as the Victor. I would also suggest adding Venser, Shaper Savant. He can delay a spell from hitting the table or bounce back a troublesome permanent. He combos well with Riptide Laboratory.
- Troublesome Lands. I don't see any way for you to deal with lands that could ruin your day. Opponents running huge mana lands like Gaea's Cradle, Serra's Sanctum or Cabal Coffers or other trouble some lands like Scavenger Grounds. You have nothing for targeted removal of these threats Look to Strip Mine or Wasteland or similar lands.
- Missing Combo Pieces. Teferi's Veil combos with Sedris, just be mindful of the leaves battlefield clause from Sedris as they are still the same permanent still when they phase back in. And both Sneak Attack and Whip of Erebos combo with it and have high synergy with your deck. (same leaves battlefield clause applies to the whipped creatures) Also think about running Embalmer's Tools
- Quality Creatures. A lot of your creatures don't make sense or are just low on value. I would look back towards your original thought about ETB based creatures for the majority of your creatures to abuse. Combustible GearhulkNoxious Gearhulk,Molten Primordial,Sepulchral Primordial,Trinket Mage,Trophy Mage,Sidisi, Undead Vizier,Zealous Conscripts,Massacre Wurm,Sphinx of Uthuun. And then a few other key enabler creatures like: Deadeye Navigator which helps remove the leaves clause from creatures you cheated back from the graveyard and River Kelpie which will help you draw
- Better Tutors. You should be running better tutors in general and better tutors for your graveyard. Like: Entomb,Buried Alive,Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Final Parting, Dark Petition, Merchant Scroll, Mystical Tutor, Fabricate, Personal Tutor
- Better Looting/Rummaging. Like: Faithless Looting,Frantic Search,Dack Fayden,Windfall,Ancient Excavation,Cathartic Reunion, Careful Study
- Better Counterspells. Like: Mana Drain,Force of Will,Disallow,Forbid
- Cantrips. Getting to your best cards is key to being able to play your game. Brainstorm, Ponder,Preordain,Thought Scour
- Recursion. Some options open to you are: Snapcaster Mage, Yawgmoth's Will, Time Spiral, Past in Flames, Mizzix's Mastery,Magus of the Will, Crucible of Worlds
2 weeks ago
Hey Regoober! Thanks for your comment and the upvote :) I like the style of your deck. +1 there from me too. I agree they do revolve around slightly different tactics though - I used to have a lot more creatures in earlier versions of this deck but I have cut them right down as you noticed, sped up the average CMC, and aim to combo out asap. I only get to play once a week at the moment so the deck is definitely still in "tweaking mode".
I will definitely consider Forbid though - I like the idea of the recursive counterspell while you're holding lots of cards. Thanks!
2 weeks ago
Love it! My version runs a bunch more infinite combos with creatures and Splinter Twin with more Counter Magic and mass bounce than red board wipes. I'd say we both fall in the Semi-competitive field.
You can see it here if you're interested in my take:My Pain, My Gain
If I offered ONE CARD, it would be Forbid. I can't tell you how great this is mid game when you've got an engine running and enough mana. Even after you telegraph it and buy it back, people have to play into a known counter that almost never goes away. It makes people make mistakes. That being said, you're curve makes it looks like your deck moves pretty fast while mine tends to hold back and answer issues before bombing out a win combo holding a counter in reserve.
4 weeks ago
Smokestack is a great card for Muldrotha, since you can recover so much more easily.
If you want counterspells Forbid doesn't really have a downside for you.
Lastly, Solemn Simulacrum is great with your commander.
TLDR: This commander is bonkers and there are a ton of options for it. This is definitely one of if not the coolest things in the set.
1 month ago
Deadeye Navigator is great with Zegana. Stormsurge Kraken and Gigapede are nice too, because they come out a turn before Zegana, give a lot of cards with her, and are hard to remove. Adding Great Whale and Palinchron gives you a way to make infinite mana and draw your deck with Deadeye as well.
Big, high CMC creatures are totally unnecessary. Zegana works much better with bounce/blink effects to draw more cards for less mana, through spells like Ghostly Flicker, Displace, and Illusionist's Stratagem. Since you want to win through combo anyway, there's no reason to have Eldrazi titans, Ghalta, or Myojin in the deck. Those flicker spells also combo with Great Whale/Palinchron and Eternal Witness/Archaeomancer to make infinite mana.
Your countermagic has really high mana costs. In my opinion, Miscalculation, Mana Leak, Spell Pierce, Arcane Denial, and Memory Lapse should all be used before any 3 mana counterspells. That being said, Forbid is super gross with Zegana as your commander. Also, Scour from Existence is terrible.
1 month ago
Eiganjo Castle: if it works keep it, but I wouldn't spend $10 on it
Flagstones of Trokair: if you have it play it, bur don't spend $20 on it
Minamo, School at Water's Edge: this card is amazing, but doesn't combo well with any creatures you have in the deck.
Oboro, Palace in the Clouds: I like this card, but it doesn't seem to combo with anything in your deck
Baral, Chief of Compliance: this card seems very good whenever someone else plays with it, and it works with the 36 instants and sorceries you have
Consecrated Sphinx: this card is AMAZING, very very powerful
Isperia, Supreme Judge: Seems okay. But just okay
Solemn Simulacrum: Is always good, here is no different
Instants look good. But I might add Absorb over negate, but otherwise seems good.I would recommend adding:
Tithe: It is a good way to get lands
Orim's Chant: Gives you one extra turn if you cast it during someone's upkeep, stopping all the spells on their turn, and the attack.
Arcane Denial: This card is really good, you can counter your own spell to draw 3, three, card. That seems good to me.
Forbid: Buyback counterspells, always good.
Gush: draw lots of cards for returning two lands, can be very good late game. Note: it is an instant
Capsize: Returning a permanent and buyback? Sign me up!
I would recommend removing:
Disdainful Stroke: There are just better cards
Negate: Limited. Might be good, but I doubt I would play it.
I would like to commend your inclusion of Render Silent.
As for artifacts:
Look at Mind's Eye, it works very very well.
ADD Bribery. Just do. The card is AMAZING, and typically is hilarious.
Blatant Thievery is also fun
Possibly a Rout for instant speed wraths
Luminarch Ascension: Very good finisher
Future Sight: Always one more card in your hand.
Now, Narset Transcendent. You, my friend, are a trap. You NEVER will never be able to get a card off it, it is always a land. Other than that, she can be good.
Overall:I don't know how many wincons you have besides Expropriate, Luminarch Ascension or Inkwell Leviathan. That might be trouble. A Steel of the Godhead might help, but I don't know how much. Eldrazi Conscription can be good too, but that's better one on one. One idea: AEtherling, that card is amazing and is incredibly hard to kill. Or just use an Eldrazi Titan. OR, wait for it, Azor's Elocutors and Eternal Dominion. Lots of fun. If you copy Eternal Dominion, each copy gets an epic trigger, so you get a copy every turn for every copy you originally had.
DON'T SPEND $70 ON A CELESTIAL COLONNADE.