|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|War of the Spark (WAR)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Sarkhan the Masterless
Legendary Planeswalker — Sarkhan
Whenever a creature attacks you or a planeswalker you control, each Dragon you control deals 1 damage to that creature.
+1: Until end of turn, each planeswalker you control becomes a 4/4 red Dragon creature and gains flying.
-3: Create a 4/4 red Dragon creature token with flying.
Sarkhan the Masterless Discussion
1 week ago
Sarkhan, Dragonsoul is garbage, and Kargan Dragonrider is also garbage. They are simply not constructed-rate cards. Spit Flame and Dragon's Hoard can easily go into the maindeck, and Sarkhan the Masterless would be a great addition. You can play around with the exact numbers as you see fit.
1 week ago
Could be really cool, if the Chandra deck became a thing. There are a few changes I'd make here though:
- Take out Chandra's Embercat . It's very low impact and I imagine it rarely does anything other than turning on the opponent's removal, chump block and occasionally survive to get out a Chandra, Awakened Inferno on turn 5.
- Take out Light Up the Stage . In a deck with a lot of expensive cards on top of almost nothing to make it cost 1 early on, makes it a liability more than a reliable card draw engine. If you feel like you need more ramp and card advantage, you could consider something like Treasure Map Flip. It ramps, fixes early draws and draws a lot of cards later on. I'd probably go up to 4x Chandra, Fire Artisan though, she's great. Same with Tormenting Voice - without synergy it's basically just a 2-mana draw 1.
- Take out Chandra, Flame's Fury . She's too expensive for what she does. PW deck planeswalkers just aren't quite there for constructed play. Sarkhan the Masterless on the other hand looks amazing here, I'd go up on those instead.
- You're going to want Shock against aggro decks, maybe even Lava Coil . Also Chandra's Triumph seems a bit better than Lightning Strike , since it can often take out Teferi, Hero of Dominaria and other bigger stuff alike.
- I saw someone playing Mobilized District for additional win conditions. Could be a nice way to add creatures, without having to take anything out.
Good luck with the brew :)
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
I would replace the Infuriate s and other stuff, probably Act of Treason (it's a typical sideboardcard if you ask me) with some Tibalt, Rakish Instigator , Saheeli, Sublime Artificer and Sarkhan the Masterless . This gives you more punch and protection.
1 month ago
Serra the Benevolent has a crazy good ultimate with Najeela and the +2 helps win games
Sisay, Weatherlight Captain tutors for planeswalkers.
Sarkhan the Masterless has won me a couple games. That +1 is devastating.
I personally have been considering Ugin, the Ineffable . You don't miss a whole lot with the removal. It makes your artifacts and other Ugin cost 2 less. And the +1 creates a 2/2 that adds a card to your hand if it dies
I also run Kaya, Bane of the Dead as an answer to hexproof, and indestructibles.
These suggestions are a little all over, but something to consider
1 month ago
You’re all wrong. Dylan and , there is a place mythic Chandra is gonna shine. Two-headed giant.
Two-headed giant is a casual format, and mythic Chandra is a casual card. She’s slow. It’s true. But with the shared life total, her +1 is actually going to be dealing 2 damage per turn, and with the format’s relative speed (compared to Commander, where she’ll be basically useless) more and smaller creatures means her -2 is relevant. And what the -2 won’t hit, the -X will surely take down.
Now what 2-headed giant deck? I... don’t really know. Perhaps red friends, top of the curve after Sarkhan the Masterless ? Mardu or Rakdos or Jund aristocrats? Who knows man.
1 month ago
Davriel, Contract Killer
Legendary Creature - Human Shade
Shadow (This creature can block or be blocked by only creatures with shadow.)
Whenever Davriel, Contract Killer deals combat damage to an opponent you may sacrifice a creature. If you do, that opponent also sacrifices a creature. Then put a contract counter on Davriel, Contract Killer. Then if Davriel, Contract Killer has four or more contract counters on him, exile him and return him to the battlefield transformed.
Let's make a deal...
Davriel, He Who Binds
Legendary Planeswalker - Davriel
+1 Put a contract counter on a permanent you control and a permanent your opponent controls. Those permanents become Shadowbound (If one of those permanents would be destroyed, they are both destroyed. The same is true for returning to their owner's hand, being moved into their libraries, being exiled, being sacrificed, etc.)
-1 Choose one: Destroy, Exile, or Sacrifice a permanent you control with a contract counter on it. You lose 3 life.
-7 Remove all contract counters from all permanents and each player sacrifice all of them. Each opponent loses life equal to the total amount of counters removed in this way and you gain that much life. If that value is 10 or more, each opponent discards their hands and you draw 5 cards.
Make an Oathbreaker that supports Superfriends (See: Ajani Unyielding , Ajani, Mentor of Heroes , Ajani, the Greathearted , Kasmina, Enigmatic Mentor , Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God , Nicol Bolas, the Arisen , Samut, the Tested , Sarkhan the Masterless , Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord , Teferi, Temporal Archmage , Tezzeret, Master of the Bridge , & Will Kenrith )
1 month ago
Also Sarkhan the Masterless for the plot twist of winning with combat damage from planeswalkers.
No data for this card yet.