|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Guilds of Ravnica: Guild Kit (GK1)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Common|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Common|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Uncommon|
|Ravnica: City of Guilds (RAV)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Look at the top three cards of your library. Put one of those cards into your hand, one on top of your library, and one on the bottom of your library.
|Have (10)||ironax , Fairseas , XxCataclysmiCxX , , silvereh , xXThormentXx , aeonstoremyliver , Thunderbeard , FiggyMadison , MikeLaserbeam|
|Want (26)||Purplemandown , Whitechalkbaphomet , Hopper_2011 , kovellen , swaggerooo , jamiefosternz , sleepy104 , MAGESTIC_LLAMA , jizzard , Junglizm , DoubleM , Mai , MasterRoach117 , Elementalism , TiredTofu , Eratosthenes , ExpletoryOrb , frugalate , Amelius , Nelent , deliriux , VaultTechy , sorainyuser , Arumancer , StingRei , d3nnisV|
Telling Time Discussion
5 days ago
1 week ago
Hey, nice budget version of Yuriko. Delve spells are quite powerful with Yuriko's reveal ability because they have high CMCs, but their mana cost can be reduced by you by exiling cards from your graveyard including lands.
Budget cards ($5 or less each) to consider adding:
- Dig Through Time
- Treasure Cruise
- Temporal Trespass
- Command Tower : one of the best lands for multicolor Commander decks.
- Choked Estuary
- Sunken Hollow
- Underground River
- Darkwater Catacombs
- Thalakos Seer : draw engine with Yuriko.
- Smuggler's Copter : flying and good enabler for delve.
- Mausoleum Wanderer : flying and can protect you from a board wipe or other removal.
- Wingcrafter : two flying creatures.
- Brainstorm : draw three and arrange the top of your library.
- Telling Time
- Sol Ring
- Skullclamp : lots of 1 toughness creatures here makes this very nice backup draw.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Kindred Dominance
- Raise Dead
- Resourceful Return
- Cloak of Mists
- Armillary Sphere
- Darksteel Forge
- Minamo Sightbender
- Possessed Skaab
Good luck with your deck.
1 week ago
Could some other draw spell be better then Telling Time ?
2 weeks ago
1 month ago
Hey, you're welcome. Wow, you drew 56 cards, that's great. What decks are your opponents playing in your playgroup? Nice Consecrated Sphinx :)
Cards to consider cutting for more upgrades:
- Spellbook: I see Vessel and Tower, you don't really need another card for no maximum hand size effect.
- Favorable Winds: +1/+1 for all Drakes is not really needed, not enough to warrant including a card.
- Voyage's End
- Stymied Hopes
- Glimpse the Future
- Taigam's Scheming
Glimpse, Index and Scheming is the right idea of the kind of effect you want, but there's low budget better instant cards that do a similar effect while also letting you put a card into your hand. The main problem with Index and Scheming is they don't give you a card after you cast them. Yes, you get organize the top cards of your library to help your next draws, but this effect for one time is not worth a card if you aren't getting a card in return.
Budget cards ($1 or less each) to consider adding, some of these are already in the maybeboard:
- Brainstorm : powerful instant one mana draw three spell. It's a staple in Commander blue decks.
- Counterspell : original counterspell, where all other counterspells get their name from. It's a staple in Commander blue decks.
- Arcane Denial : another two mana counterspell that can counter any spell and you get to draw a card at the next upkeep. It's a staple in Commander blue decks.
- Telling Time
- Frantic Search : very good card with Tide.
- Snap : does the same thing as Voyage's End, but it's also good with Tide.
- Everflowing Chalice : can be another two drop mana rock or with Tide you can put a ton of mana into it when you cast it.
Impulse, Anticipate and Time are different than Index and Scheming because they don't let you organize the top cards of your library instead you look at the top three or four cards of your library choose one of those cards put it into your hand and then put the rest on the bottom of your library. This effect at instant speed is good with counterspells. Cast one of these cards and find a counterspell and do all this at instant speed during your opponent's turn.
In my opinion if you want to increase the efficiency of your deck then you want the one mana draw spells which also let you organize the top of your library: Brainstorm , Ponder , Preordain , Serum Visions , Opt . These are all staple blue cards in Commander. One mana efficient spells that make a Drake while also helping to find other instants and sorceries are good with Talrand. These cards can be turn one play to potentially find a mana rock and play it turn two or three. Getting a rock onto the battlefield in the early game is good, especially turn two because it can potentially help to play Talrand turn three. This is a big reason to make two drop or less mana rocks a priority over all others.
1 month ago
No. I have nothing that I want to discard. No Arclight Phoenix . No Lingering Souls . No Bloodghast . And I'm in blue so I have access to real cantrips that I'd rather play. And Faithless Looting is card disadvantage.
1 month ago
: I think I'm gonna put in 2 copies for 2 copies of Telling Time . THanks for the suggestion!
Telling Time occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%