|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Born of the Gods (BNG)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Archetype of Imagination
Enchantment Creature — Human Wizard
Creatures you control have flying.
Creatures your opponents control lose flying and can't have or gain flying.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Archetype of Imagination Discussion
Aaerys on Inalla 2.0
5 days ago
If you're ever looking to avoid massive combinations and go brute force, try to use Inalla's eminence and use support such as Flameshadow Conjuring or Mirror Mockery or Twinflame to build a vast line of wizards, all ready to attack. Since you're having issues with Dragons in C17, I very strongly recommend Archetype of Imagination
5 days ago
Wow, awesome to see that someone really built the same janky crap as I did. ;)
My attempt is very, very similar, but I've added the archetype enchantment creatures of the four colors (Archetype of Aggression, Archetype of Courage, Archetype of Endurance and Archetype of Imagination), because they represent heroic virtues. In addition, I put Livewire Lash into the deck to give K&T sudo-Heroic as well.
1 week ago
- Search for Azcanta
- Bident of Thassa
- Storm Fleet Spy
- Deadeye Quartermaster
- March of the Drowned
- Open Into Wonder
- Marauding Looter
- Daring Saboteur
- Grenzo, Havoc Raiser
- Archetype of Imagination
- Rogue's Passage
- Heat Stroke
- Invasion Plans
- Goblin War Drums
- Pyreheart Wolf
- Smoldering Spires
- War Cadence
Good Cards on Theme
Mechanized Production Place this on a piece of treasure to win!
2 weeks ago
I'm building an Admiral Beckett Brass deck, and I know that Sun Quan, Lord of Wu Archetype of Imagination and Vela the Night-Clad will work, but compared to cards like Cover of Darkness and Goblin War Drums, the cmc cost is pretty high.
2 weeks ago
Maybe some angels. I like Baneslayer Angel and Akroma, Angel of Wrath. Ik you said only fliers, but Magus of the Moat is a card made for a fliers deck like this one. Mindshrieker can be great if you are getting hits in, and if you want to counter enemy fliers, I like Archetype of Imagination. Mist Raven, Skymark Roc and Spire Patrol are all creatures that I consider.
2 weeks ago
I would consider putting in a Archetype of Imagination just as a win con, but thats up to you..
2 weeks ago
Howling Mine would be cool as well. Cool deck.
4 weeks ago
DrukenReaps covered the mana issue pretty well. The other suggestion that I'd make for a deck with this high of a CMC is that you probably want more ramp sources or mana rocks. Commander's Sphere and Dimir Signet are both great here. You might also consider replacing Temple of the False God with a basic. You're really color-intensive and don't have a lot of land ramp, so it's at high risk of not actually doing much good in this deck.
To expand a little on narrowing the tribes... I don't think you necessarily have to cut down what tribes are in your deck. However, if you aren't running at least 25 creatures of a tribe, tribal support cards like Crucible of Fire and Door of Destinies are simply bad. You frequently have to take a turn off to play them, so if they're not going to do some reasonable work right away, they're probably worse than a basic land. Kindred Dominance is going to hit so much of your own stuff that you're likely better off playing something like Languish, Crux of Fate or Blasphemous Act instead.
Along those lines, given your high average CMC, loading up on more reasonably-cheap board wipes is probably a good idea. If it's going to take you a while to get going, being able to control the board in the early game is really important. If your opponent has a field full of elves, slamming Butcher of Malakir or Stormsurge Kraken without clearing the board first isn't going to save you.
As for a few cards that you might consider cutting:
- You're really not running enough instants/sorceries to support Mizzix of the Izmagnus in the 99. Mizzix is great, but he really needs a dedicated spellslinger deck to shine. Talrand, Sky Summoner suffers from much the same problem.
- Mindscour Dragon, Vela the Night-Clad and Archetype of Imagination all seem marginal to bad here (with their effects either being redundant or not really big enough for their mana cost). You might consider just slotting some of the decent dragons like Hellkite Charger, Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury, Steel Hellkite, Shivan Dragon or Ryusei, the Falling Star.
- Vapor Snag and Dark Betrayal are both pretty bad in EDH. The former represents major card disadvantage in multiplayer. If you're looking for more bounce effects, you might consider Capsize (although I don't think this is really a Capsize deck). Ratchet Bomb is also a little iffy in a format with such a broad range of CMCs on the table. Unless there are a lot of tokens in your meta, it's probably not worth it.
- Cartouche of Knowledge is probably worse than just Ponder.
- Lord of Shatterskull Pass requires you to pump 16 mana in to it and survive to attack before it does anything, almost certainly not worth it.
- Black Market may end up being pretty good due to Marchesa, or not very good since you have a lot of big creatures. I don't think this is immediately a cut, but keep a close eye on how it performs.
- Torment of Hailfire and Torment of Scarabs are also worth keeping an eye on. I feel like you're probably not going to be producing enough mana for Hailfire to do enough work, and Scarabs is limited by only targeting one opponent. They seem like good options to consider cutting in favor of more land.