|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Born of the Gods (BNG)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Archetype of Imagination
Enchantment Creature — Human Wizard
Creatures you control have flying.
Creatures your opponents control lose flying and can't have or gain flying.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (5)||ibraJG84 , itheoryz , bakeraj4 , , Hootiequack|
|Want (14)||Markwiz , coadster , BringerOfStorms , GrandeKhan , VampSlayer , Talonisnthavingit , zeloskun , jessniem , link2213 , swarlelion , aenaarion , Ariumlegion , AlphaSp , adb_slayer|
Archetype of Imagination Discussion
1 week ago
30 lands seems a bit low, especially for a three color deck. Even with a low curve I would run 35-36.
You may want to look at some mass evasion cards like Levitation or Archetype of Imagination, to get your pirates through more often.
You could also consider a card like Sleep to tap down a tough target you want to take something from.
1 week ago
How strong are the decks you face? How strong do you want to make it. Also Oloro can be so many things. As far as I got it, your plan is to get some life here and there, to be able to draw cards off of Oloro and then win via some combo you don't actively search for or combat damage. Also what's your budget?
First low budget steps would be to add in all signets and talismans in your color(they all cost 2 and make 1 mana right away). They are the best colored accelerators esper has. Then there's also Mana Crypt and Mana Vault if you want way too much mana quickly.
Second: Pick a strategy. If it's beatdown + refill with Oloro from lifelink then go all in for that. If you want to win via Felidar Guardian or the nifty Exquisite Blood + Sanguine Bond combos make sure to add in the good black tutors Vampiric Tutor Demonic Tutor and Grim Tutor for example. To gain the life for felidar maybe run Beacon of Immortality. If you don't want to go for a combo directly, then I'd suggest focus more on effective creatures. Sure the soulsisters make a life for every creature, but what if your creatures on board can't attack and you can't play any more? Also taxing yourself for each creature played might not be ideal either. A fun way to make sure your creatures are always effective are the Archetypes from theros, and all of them in esper are great! Archetype of Courage, Archetype of Imagination and Archetype of Finality are all great for a deck that wants to attack. Also True Conviction does exactly what you want in this plan :)
Tell us a little as to what you wanna do with your deck and what your meta is; then I can provide better help. Also imho you don't run enough removal but that's to be added in when we know more :)
3 weeks ago
Archetype of Imagination is good and in budget, but most of the creatures in the deck either already have some form of evasion or there are other cards to do so, and it's an expensive(mana-wise) creature to boot- I have used it in some of my other decks though.Dismiss into Dream suffers a similar problem-it's good, but the deck doesn't particularly support it(I've also used it in other budget decks here on tapped out as well :D)
3 weeks ago
Thanks for taking the time to look at the list and leave a comment! Great to hear you like the list. Please consider upvoting as well if you liked it ;). I looked at your tips and these ar my considerations when assessing them:
About your tips:
- Spirit Away I find too expensive mana-wise. I’d rather have 4-5 mana spells that steal a creature
- Similar for Clone Legion. 9 Mana is quite prohibitive and you can only run a few of that cost. I went for Expropriate for my high cmc spell.
- Silumgar's Command is a nice versatile hate card. However, it’s a bit expensive at 5 mana. I am not expecting to hold up 5 mana with this deck, so that’s why I did not include it.
- Silumgar, the Drifting Death is nice, but It doesn’t synergize with the goal of my list, which is to steal by opponents permanents. If I would run a dragon sub-theme, it would surely find a spot in the deck, but that wasn’t the idea I was going for. A similar answer I would have for Archetype of Imagination. It’s a great card, but does not really gel with the strategy of the deck.
- Telepathy is a card I’m going to consider. Knowing what my opponent’s have could be crucial info to know how to use my steal spells.
- I do not really get you Psychic Surgery tip tbh. My deck does not actively shuffle opponent’s decks or want them to exile good cards. I want to steal the good cards :D
- Ice Cave I would find more fitting in a chaos deck. With this deck I want to have the opposite: control.
- I did not know about the … of empires cycle. Looks like fun! However, it would require many resources to get them in play all at once. I would rather add Empress Galina for example to get a similar effect as Crown of Empires.
Hope this explains my thought process a bit concerning your tips.
Thanks gain for the tips, and I'll have a look at your list soon.
1 month ago
Thassa, God of the Sea will let you pay 1U for each creature to make them unblockable.
You could also try cards that give all your creatures flying, fear, or protection. Cards like Akroma's Memorial, Eldrazi Monument, Archetype of Imagination, Frostwind Invoker, Levitation, Wonder, Intimidation, and Vela the Night-Clad.
1 month ago
Some suggestions to consider: take out Manalith, Opaline Unicorn, Embodiment of Spring, and Gruul Keyrune, replace with Gruul Signet, Simic Signet, and Izzet Signet, and Sol Ring. For flying, Wonder provides a similar effect to Archetype of Imagination, and is a little harder to deal with. You will want to add more lands to this deck in order to cast your big creatures on time. I would say 35-38 lands, and cut some of your sorceries for ramp spells like Rampant Growth, Farseek,Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Explosive Vegetation, or Skyshroud Claim. Thassa, God of the Sea is a more reliable way to make creatures unblockable than Invisibility or Way of the Thief. I always include a copy of Decimate in any deck that can play it. The same goes for Cyclonic Rift and Chaos Warp. Lastly, a few creatures that you could upgrade your deck with: Sakura-Tribe Elder, Joraga Treespeaker, Sylvan Caryatid, Courser of Kruphix, Genesis, Avenger of Zendikar, Prime Speaker Zegana, and Progenitor Mimic.
1 month ago
colored golem? hmmm ....
Kubahara, Prismatic Beacon
Legendary Creature - Golem
Spells that target Golems you control target Kubahara, Prismatic Beacon instead.
: Until end of turn Kubahara, Prismatic Beacon gains protection from each color of mana spent to activate this ability.
1 month ago
FancyTuesday: I like most of those changes. I'm not a great deck builder yet and those points actually help a lot with the learning process. I'll probably make most of the changes but maybe not all? The Vorel of the Hull Clade change and the Fuel for the Cause change worry me a bit. Well, maybe not the Fuel for the Cause... and adding Archetype of Imagination and/or Wonder to my sideboard might do really well.