Archetype of Imagination
Enchantment Creature — Human WizardCreatures you control have flying.Creatures your opponents control lose flying and can't have or gain flying.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price||Normal||Foil|
|0.03 TIX||0.2 TIX|
|Have (22)||Xathrid845 , wsurugby10 , x754 , forgottentalent7 , admged , Regulus1010 , Raistlin911822 , volrathxp , HavokX , rikufodder , attak , Braxlyon , WhatTheBleep , psykad , AlucardZain , shadowhound14 , jwe94 , magnetofqwert , agtbubblez74 , osirisbray , TheFlish , saj0219|
Archetype of Imagination Discussion
4 days ago
4 days ago
You have some cards in there that aren't standard legal. Also you should get at least two Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx in there because you have lots of devotion and Kiora's Follower can untap it I think you might want to add Dig Through Time because it's good I think you should also grab a Genesis Hydra instead of a Primordial Hydra being as one is standard and the other isn't also gen hydra creates card advantage. I think this deck also wants a Kiora, the Crashing Wave because she slows down other decks, but also she can give you an extra land and card draw capability. You're also gonna want 4 Courser of Kruphix because devotion and card advantage as well as 4 Sylvan Caryatid she's just good for multicolored decks that want to play big things fast. I also don't think you want fog effects either, you're blue you shouldn't be saying "no not right now" you should be saying "no and don't ask again" You might also want to find a place for Master of the Waves he's just a good card and if you have Archetype of Imagination on the board he's a major threat. anyway you should also check out my deck and possibly playtest against it to compare it's Rhino and Whip (Typical Abzan midrange)
1 week ago
Cards that you should absolutely cut:
Ajani, Caller of the Pride
- Theres really no reason to play him in this deck, Zur should be your main threat and he already flies, and will have shroud most of the time, so the first two abilities are basically useless. In addition to that, you can't tutor him up with Zur.
Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Compared to other things you can be playing that cost 6 mana, this just isn't good enough for a Zur deck.
- Costs 4, can't be grabbed with Zur, doesn't synergize with your commander.
Sphere of Safety
- There are two other options for this effect already, both of which can be grabbed with Zur. You already play Propaganda, if you feel that you need another copy of this, add a copy of Ghostly Prison.
Sigil of the Empty Throne
- Not tutorable with Zur, doesnt trigger when you grab something with Zur.
- Its a good card, no doubt, but not worth the slot in a Zur deck. Future Sight
- If you're not playing the Top combo this shouldn't be in your Zur deck.
Dismiss into Dream
- There is nothing in your deck that synergizes well with this, and it costs 7, thats stupid expensive for a Zur deck.
Dictate of Heliod
- At 5 mana, you have better things to be doing, plus, you'll have a singular threat so anthem effects aren't that great.
Extinguish All Hope
- Zur isnt an enchantment creature, so that clause is mostly useless. Play Damnation if you want another wipe.
- You're in blue. You can play proper extra turn spells if you want that effect, punisher effects never go the way you want, not to mention BBBB is tough to hit in a deck that will be heavily in blue and white (because thats where all the best enchantments not named Necropotence are).
- Why is this in here? It doesn't do anything for the deck. Toss it.
Whip of Erebos
- The lifelink is nice, but you should not be playing enough creatures for this to be worth it.
- It costs 5 for an effect that you get for free with Reliquary Tower. Not to mention that it takes up a spell slot. The life gain just isn't worth it.
Wall of Frost and Wall of Denial
- Just not worth the slots.
- Its good in a life gain deck, which Zur should not be.
Ob Nixilis, Unshackled
- With no way to force your opponents to search, theres no reason to run this card.
- Falls into the same trap as Temporal Extortion, letting your opponent choose means that you'll never get what you actually need, and 3 life means next to nothing in a 40 life format.
Herald of Torment and Eidolon of Countless Battles
- You can't cheat these in as auras, so they don't help the Zur plan. On their own they're just too small to matter.
Heliod, God of the Sun and Erebos, God of the Dead
- Gods are fun, but Vigilance for Zur and a bad draw effect aren't great. Sideboard Erebos as best against life gain decks, but even that isn't great.
- Your best source of card advantage is Necropotence and it doesn't work with this because you don't actually draw the cards.
Chancellor of the Dross
- The pregame lightning helix isn't good enough to be playing a bad creature. Plus...7 cost is just too much for a Zur deck.
- Its a powerful effect, but on a creature it makes it fragile. There are better options to prevent being attacked in a Zur deck.
Archetype of Imagination and Archetype of Finality
- Costs too much, can't be grabbed with Zur, doesn't protect itself, not good enough.
Agent of the Fates
- No way to consistently trigger heroic, and the 3/2 deathtouch body isn't that great.
Things that you should consider cutting or swapping:
Tamiyo, the Moon Sage
- She's a good control card, but doesn't necessarily fit in a Zur deck. You can fit her into one of the flex slots if you really want.
- Theres better options for disrupting your opponents library, Jester's Cap, Praetor's Grasp, etc.
- You really need a way to cheat this in if you're playing it.
- Mill disrupts some decks, but also fuels others. Be careful with it.
Guardian's Magemark, Necromancer's Magemark, and Infiltrator's Magemark
- Compared to other options for Auras, these aren't the greatest, but they're not awful. Consider replacing them eventually. Steel of the Godhead, Daybreak Coronet, Diplomatic Immunity, and Vanishing are all staple Auras in Zur decks.
Crown of the Ages
- Unless you are playing against someone who steals Auras off Zur you don't really need this card.
Thassa, God of the Sea and Athreos, God of Passage
- Gods that can be grabbed with Zur! Sounds awesome in theory, but you have to consider: When you are actively trying to close out a game, when do you want to fetch these? They are both effects that don't actively help you win.
- Sun Titan just seems better in my opinion, but its just an opinion. They fill similar roles, and are good to have.
Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant
- Cant be grabbed with Zur, but its still a powerful effect if you can get it early enough and really need to protect Zur in combat. If you need another flex slot, this should be one of the first things to consider cutting.
- Very good against token decks, but its not often that you will be having more than one constellation trigger in a turn because you will be wanting to keep up mana for counterspells and removal.
Bruna, Light of Alabaster
- Fantastic in a aggro/voltron Zur deck as a backup voltron target. Value depends on type of build.
- Is very expensive, but also a very disruptive effect. Consider cutting because it requires a higher land count and mana rocks to be able to cast it when you want and protect it.
With cutting those you will have room for a myriad of countermagic (I would suggest a minimum of 10 counterspells), removal (you have some, but you definitely want some more), and more focused enchantments. In addition, you need some more colour fixing in your land base to be able to reliably and consistently cast Zur on turn 3 or 4.
1 week ago
PayOneLife, I added Magefire Wings for some evasion and blocking ability, should it be necessarily. I would use Archetype of Imagination if I could for this, but I can't. I have noticed in playtesting that I do get a bit land flooded at times. I think I can spurge on Champion's Helm and Wash Out and Vandalblast should be good in this deck.
1 week ago
Thanks! Good idea and that way I can keep my Archetype of Imagination
I took out and added
1 week ago
Nice I didn't think of Savage Punch at all!
I put in Archetype of Imagination -or let it in- because I don't have a lot of flying creatures or creatures with reach.
The other ones are nice, too! Thank you. I also thought of Kruphix, God of Horizons but I wasn't sure.
1 week ago
|Power / Toughness||3/2|
|Avg. draft pick||1.57|
|Avg. cube pick||9.5|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Born of the Gods||Uncommon|
- Archetype of Imagination + Stoneshock Giant
- Archetype of Imagination + Magus of the Moat
- Stormtide Leviathan + Archetype of Imagination + Wonder
- Archetype of Imagination + Stormtide Leviathan + Wonder
- Archetype of Aggression + Archetype of Endurance + Archetype of Imagination
- Archetype of Imagination + Windreader Sphinx
- Aboshan, Cephalid Emperor + Archetype of Imagination
- Archetype of Imagination + Stormtide Leviathan
- Archetype of Endurance + Archetype of Finality + Archetype of Imagination
- Chasm Skulker + Archetype of Imagination + Stormtide Leviathan
- Archetype of Imagination + Darkest Hour + Teferi's Moat
- Archetype of Imagination + Deluge + Magus of the Moat
- Archetype of Imagination + Gravitational Shift + Magus of the Moat
- Archetype of Imagination + Surrak Dragonclaw
- Archetype of Imagination + Master of Waves
- Archetype of Imagination + Form of the Dragon + Fortune Thief