|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Rare|
|Dragons of Tarkir (DTK)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Dragon
When Deathbringer Regent enters the battlefield, if you cast it from your hand and there are five or more other creatures on the battlefield, destroy all other creatures.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (32)||ironax , Fiolek , Mortiferus_Rosa , Ashy , Nemesis , Friedrice24 , theilluminaire , Regulus1010 , frederiklw , Grantley91 , thetechzombie , johnsongrantr , SirFowler , silvereh , sneferie , TheAlmostHero , Va1mar , Yawkcorb , angesoir , Candyman949 , DarkMagician , Swamy , duff87 , bakeraj4 , pskinn01 , meowCat1234 , Spinalripper , vashaclarens , rakdos24 , MattN7498 , golgarigirl , DudeMan1031|
Deathbringer Regent Discussion
1 month ago
Hi these are in my opinion some bad card choices for your deck.
- Library of Leng it's just simply a worse option than Reliquary Tower or Thought Vessel.
- Ghirapur Orrery you shouldn't use this having green. You can just use Exploration for the additional land drops, its way cheaper to cast and only benefits yourself. You wont use the second ability of the orrery because you will draw a lot of cards from Gitrog (that's why you made it your commander) so you're just helping your oponents. There are also many creatures that allow you to play additional lands.
- Dark Heart of the Wood You can only sacrifice Forests and the 3 lifes doesn't seem to be worth it.
- Rites of Flourishing Once againg helping others more that yourself. You'll already be drawing more cards that your oponents and there are better ways to put lands on the battlefield.
- Overwhelming Stampede awesome card but feels it's on the wrong deck, you dont have many creatures, you won't be drawing it together with Avenger of Zendikar
- Decree of Pain and In Garruk's Wake two super high cost board wipes, you may not be able to cast them when you need a board wipe. There are many low cost budget options Bontu's Last Reckoning, Deadly Tempest, Life's Finale or Deathbringer Regent to name a few. Or you can have one tailored to Gitrog with Kindred Dominance there wont be many Horrors and Frogs on the Battlefield so you can be pretty sure it will destroy everything but Gitrog.
- Artisan's Sorrow A bit expensive for a Naturalize with Scry 2. I kinda like better for the same CMC those that give you a card Mystic Melting, Slice in Twain and Rending Vines (lower CMC, but a bit conditional). The most popular version of naturalize for EDH players is Krosan Grip but there are many options for you to explore.
- Grisly Spectacle a weak card in my opinion, milling your opponent a few cards is futile unless your game is milling them to death but if you are running it I gues it's because you dont have anything better. You have many options in black for removal, my favorite is Silence the Believers
- Ayumi, the Last Visitor If you are running this it's because your meta has a lot of legendary lands, even so it may be better for you to get some flyers, this card won't kill your oponent fast enough.
- Liege of the Tangle high cost slow and pray your oponents don't have a boar wipe in their hands once you turn your lands into creatures after you attack.
- Penumbra Spider I suppose flyers give you a hard time and that is why you run this. It gives you two blocks (as it will most likely die on each block) without really solving your problem. Deadly Recluse will keep more scary flyers away than you can countb (nobody wants to waste a perfectly good dragon on a CMC 2 common spider), Silklash Spider has a decent toughness and can hurricane those pesky flyers, Ishkanah, Grafwidow will put three extra bodies with Reach on the Battlefield or maybe what you need is a Whirlwind.
- Phage the Untouchable lovely card with lots of charisma but you can't give her Haste and Hexproof/Shroud with Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves she may be useless. You only have the Key to the City and Rogue's Passage to get her through the enemy lines. I hope she never gets flicked because you would lose the game.
You can check my own The Gitrog Monster deck Deadly Gitrog that capitalizes on Deathtouch (Gitrog's and many other deathtouchers in the deck) and has a lot of recursion to get some ideas. It works amazingly in my group. Many cards in your deck are also in mine.
taq on BR Dragons
1 month ago
It could allow you to bring back Boneyard Scourge if it kills any of your dragons, which is nice. But you need the mana to do it - and this beast costs 7. If you had a way to haste the regent when it comes in to play, you might be able to swing for a finishing blow. Possibly a sideboard card?
If you are looking for something to help even the playing field while you build up, maybe consider Anger of the Gods?
1 month ago
taq thank you so much for your advice, I'll make good use of it. Cutting a few of the cost reduction cards seems like a great idea to make the deck less clumsy. Crash Through seems great however there's very few relevant flying creatures in my playgroup so I most likely will put that trample effect into a potential sideboard. I've got one more question if I may: I stumbled across Deathbringer Regent do you think that would be worth a thought?
2 months ago
This is a scrap card deck, built with cards I have left after building some other decks.
Some pointers on the deck.
- It is made for fun with friends and a beer. Nowhere near FNM or Competitive.
- The idea behind the deck is.
a. Counter stuff with cards like Cancel
b. Remove stuff that was not countered. With cards like Murder
c. Play creatures with some fun abilities like Brain Maggot
d. Have some support cards for draw or control Serum Visions & Control Magic
e. Finish with some big mana creatures like Deathbringer Regent etc.
I know that the finishers or balance is not that good or well thought out.
I want to slim down the deck to 40 cards exactly without land, so my question is.
What 5 cards would you remove from the deck?
2 months ago
If you wanna go dragons:Atarka, World Render will make dragons stronger, Bladewing the Risen can recur and buff your dragons, Boltwing Marauder and Dragon Broodmother can synergize with casting Prossh, Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury and Moonveil Dragon allows you to swing wide, Deathbringer Regent acts as a wrath, Hellkite Charger and Scourge of the Throne would allow you to make more use of the temporary buffs, and Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund gives them haste.
A couple of these shine more in a tribal deck, but others can combo well with Prossh to give you several large creatures to attack with instead of just one.
3 months ago
This deck seems pretty good, I love Frontier! I'm not sure if you would like this or not, but maybe Deathbringer Regent to fill your graveyard and piss off your opponent. The list seems pretty solid, this is all I could think of.
4 months ago
Nice idea. I've never seen a win-con through massive shades before, so +1 for creativity.
However, do you tend to have a real purpose for your life gain cards (Staff of the Death Magus, Demon's Horn, and Prism Ring)? I've tried Staff in a couple of my black decks and I've always found it to be upsetting to draw instead of pretty much anything else (outside of a land). I would say you could use a few other board wipes like Deathbringer Regent, Nevinyrral's Disk, or even Damnation so that you don't have to only rely on Hythonia.
Just my 2 cents, but a very interesting deck regardless.
4 months ago
+1!!! Sheoldred, Whispering One, Elixir of Immortality, Fatal Push, Rise of the Dark Realms, Deathbringer Regent, Eater of Hope, Phthisis, Malakir Cullblade, Abhorrent Overlord, Kalitas, Bloodchief of Ghet, Fate Unraveler, Consume Spirit, Cabal Ritual -I COULD GIVE YOU MORE, IF YOU WOULD LIKE- JUST TRYING TO HELP OUT!?!