|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Rare|
|Dragons of Tarkir (DTK)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Dragon
When Deathbringer Regent enters the battlefield, if you cast it from your hand and there are five or more other creatures on the battlefield, destroy all other creatures.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (36)||ironax , Fiolek , Fineontheoutside , Mortiferus_Rosa , Ashy , Nemesis , Friedrice24 , theilluminaire , Regulus1010 , frederiklw , Grantley91 , thetechzombie , johnsongrantr , silvereh , SirFowler , sneferie , TheAlmostHero , Yawkcorb , angesoir , DarkMagician , Spinalripper , duff87 , KingOfGrixis , vashaclarens , Candyman949 , MattN7498 , meowCat1234 , Wolfninja , Va1mar , bakeraj4 , Slowbro23 , golgarigirl , The_Grape , goodair , TheRealSpecialK , DudeMan1031|
|Want (9)||mini_tb , BringerOfStorms , dododestroyer , lorddarkstar , darthnuchi , GS10 , Lythia , ztanos , titaniumturtlex|
Deathbringer Regent Discussion
2 weeks ago
Hi. I have seen your list and I dont think it will work quite just yet. Let me explain.
You are playing a lot of blink stuff. While that is good, only bolas gets a little bit of value off of it. And since you're already playing so few creatures that can also benefit from blinking, it is not worth it.
You play some creature cards that are simply not working together with what the deck wants to do. Talrand, neheb, kazuul, erebos, fog bank are all cards that need to compliment some strategy. Making 3/3 centaurs, 2/2 drakes or a couple of mana just doesnt feel like they have jobs that your deck wants fulfilled. I'd rather see cards like Deathbringer Regent, Hostage Taker, Dragonlord Silumgar who can actively do something about the board. Cards like Deepglow Skate can let you go off if bolas is in his planeswalker form. The Locust God can net you far more tokens then talrand can, and is practically unremovable.
I hope this helps! HF building
1 month ago
You're welcome. Also I forget Deathbringer Regent which is a great choice also.
2 months ago
kamelyan, I was debating adding that card since my ideal wincon is to get Panharmonicon out and double all the ETB triggers, and Deathbringer Regent doesn't really fit that since the first trigger would wipe everything out. But, I think I'll add it as a low-cost addition since it is an awesome card for the price and I want to get this deck's price down through future revisions.
3 months ago
legendofa What if I were to remove both Swift Warkite, as well as the one Deathbringer Regent, Elbrus, the Binding Blade Flip, and Akroma's Memorial and instead add in two Dark Ritual, two Seething Song, and one Mogis, God of Slaughter?
It gets rid of the high mana costs, while also giving me increased mana to bring out things more quickly. But they also might not be needed without the high cost things. Also only adding one Mogis makes it unlikely to draw it.
I do like your ideas and I do agree with you, I'm just not sure on how best to implement it.
3 months ago
What I'm seeing here is a Red Deck Wins adding black to improve the mid-late game. To offer some suggestions, it's going to be hard to use Deathbringer Regent, Elbrus, the Binding Blade Flip, and Akroma's Memorial with just 20 lands. If you want to keep them, look for ritual cards like Dark Ritual and Seething Song. Otherwise, you could drop them and tighten up your mana curve.
I'm not sold on Swift Warkite with your current creature setup, with the lack of cheap aggressive or ETB creatures outside of Vexing Devil. Also, it's 6 mana. If you keep it, give it some more friends.
I'll leave off here and let you build your deck the way you want it, but if you want more suggestions, there's plenty of willing people here.
3 months ago
If you went with The Gitrog Monster you would be privy to Damnation and Deathbringer Regent; but in mono-green, your only real board-wipes are from cards like Bane of Progress. You could also clear flyers with Hurricane.
You could run Protean Hulk. When it goes, you search for E-Wit and Azusa.
5 months ago
Hi these are in my opinion some bad card choices for your deck.
- Library of Leng it's just simply a worse option than Reliquary Tower or Thought Vessel.
- Ghirapur Orrery you shouldn't use this having green. You can just use Exploration for the additional land drops, its way cheaper to cast and only benefits yourself. You wont use the second ability of the orrery because you will draw a lot of cards from Gitrog (that's why you made it your commander) so you're just helping your oponents. There are also many creatures that allow you to play additional lands.
- Dark Heart of the Wood You can only sacrifice Forests and the 3 lifes doesn't seem to be worth it.
- Rites of Flourishing Once againg helping others more that yourself. You'll already be drawing more cards that your oponents and there are better ways to put lands on the battlefield.
- Overwhelming Stampede awesome card but feels it's on the wrong deck, you dont have many creatures, you won't be drawing it together with Avenger of Zendikar
- Decree of Pain and In Garruk's Wake two super high cost board wipes, you may not be able to cast them when you need a board wipe. There are many low cost budget options Bontu's Last Reckoning, Deadly Tempest, Life's Finale or Deathbringer Regent to name a few. Or you can have one tailored to Gitrog with Kindred Dominance there wont be many Horrors and Frogs on the Battlefield so you can be pretty sure it will destroy everything but Gitrog.
- Artisan's Sorrow A bit expensive for a Naturalize with Scry 2. I kinda like better for the same CMC those that give you a card Mystic Melting, Slice in Twain and Rending Vines (lower CMC, but a bit conditional). The most popular version of naturalize for EDH players is Krosan Grip but there are many options for you to explore.
- Grisly Spectacle a weak card in my opinion, milling your opponent a few cards is futile unless your game is milling them to death but if you are running it I gues it's because you dont have anything better. You have many options in black for removal, my favorite is Silence the Believers
- Ayumi, the Last Visitor If you are running this it's because your meta has a lot of legendary lands, even so it may be better for you to get some flyers, this card won't kill your oponent fast enough.
- Liege of the Tangle high cost slow and pray your oponents don't have a boar wipe in their hands once you turn your lands into creatures after you attack.
- Penumbra Spider I suppose flyers give you a hard time and that is why you run this. It gives you two blocks (as it will most likely die on each block) without really solving your problem. Deadly Recluse will keep more scary flyers away than you can countb (nobody wants to waste a perfectly good dragon on a CMC 2 common spider), Silklash Spider has a decent toughness and can hurricane those pesky flyers, Ishkanah, Grafwidow will put three extra bodies with Reach on the Battlefield or maybe what you need is a Whirlwind.
- Phage the Untouchable lovely card with lots of charisma but you can't give her Haste and Hexproof/Shroud with Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves she may be useless. You only have the Key to the City and Rogue's Passage to get her through the enemy lines. I hope she never gets flicked because you would lose the game.
You can check my own The Gitrog Monster deck Deadly Gitrog that capitalizes on Deathtouch (Gitrog's and many other deathtouchers in the deck) and has a lot of recursion to get some ideas. It works amazingly in my group. Many cards in your deck are also in mine.