Artifact Creature — Sphinx
When Sandstone Oracle enters the battlefield, choose an opponent. If that player has more cads in hand than you, draw cards equal to the difference.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Sandstone Oracle Discussion
4 weeks ago
As is usually the case with mono-red, I need more draw.
I found myself with the ability to generate 48 mana in a game last night but I had nothing to spend it on!
1 month ago
RingoDingo92 Sandstone Oracle replaced Tormenting Voice in my list and never looked back. If I weld it back and draw at least 2 cards off it it's better. The fact we find ourself at or near being hellbent alot its great. In play testing I pulled off a turn 3 win with him dumping hand through metal worker and restocking to draw into staff. So far he's been great.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Earthquake and fault line are both traps, they look good on paper, but at the end of the day, playing this you'll likely not be the highest life total, so they end up doing nothing but putting you closer to death. better cards to spend mama on are Sandstone Oracle and Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, big creatures to fallback on, comes with a new huge grip of cards.
1 month ago
Humble Defector draws cards, if brought back with Feldon, opponents don't get to use him, as the token will be sacrificed in the end step (before he can untap)
Sandstone Oracle draws cards, and punishes blue players for hoarding cards
As creatures you put in play with feldon are going to die anyways, you can get extra value off them for free with cards such as Phyrexian Altar, Ashnod's Altar, Altar of Dementia - they also combo with threaten effect cards you already have such as Zealous Conscripts, Molten Primordial. You can add Conquering Manticore, also, if you find these combos worthy
You can add Generator Servant to throw Feldon faster, while also being able to tap him for his ability the turn he came in - though he doesn't do much late game, other than helping cast a creature spell faster and with haste
I think Burnished Hart is bad
2 months ago
I'm not so good at suggesting removals. I usually throw together crappy decks then play them and write down cards that suck then look for replacements. Eventually I get a good or great deck. I'll give it a try though.
Chancellor of the Spires- if it is in your opening hand cool if not that is a lot of mana for not much. Your opponents will need something worth casting too and no way to really know they will.
Heliod, God of the Sun- I'm not convinced this card does enough for you. The token production is too expensive and there are cheaper ways to do just vigilance.
Sandstone Oracle- You are in blue and running a high average CMC. I would expect you to have the most cards in hand most of the time. Speaking of which more unlimited hand size might be good like Venser's Journal or Thought Vessel. Of the 2 I would probably find a place for vessel first.
Jelenn Sphinx- feels over costed. sphinx don't really need much in the way of buffs since they start pretty good.
Sphinx of Jwar Isle- this is just very vanilla. Not always a bad thing but meh.
Sphinx of Lost Truths- over costed.
Again you are probably better off doing some testing then seeing what under-preforms for you but I'm not fond of the listed cards.
2 months ago
Just a few comments:1. What do you plan on sacrificing with Ashnod's Altar? Only Skittering Invasion, Spawning Bed, and Blight Herder put sacrificable creatures on the board, or you'd have to sacrifice the big ones for just 2 mana... Same goes for Eldrazi Monument by the way.
For the mana you could take a look at Blinkmoth Urn, although it may also give mana to your opponents.
2. Gruesome Slaughter sounds fun, but at which point would you actually use it? Half of your creatures seem to have Annihilator, some are so weak that the extra ability won't help, and with a 10/10 you'd probably want to swing face instead of dealing 10 to a creature "for free". Maybe Akroma's Memorial fits better if you plan to have this kind of effect.
3. Which artifacts do you plan to sacrifice with Phyrexia's Core? Otherwise it would just be as good as a Wastes (see point 4).
4. Ash Barrens, Cloudpost, and Holdout Settlement seem to add nothing more than a Wastes would do. While they may look nicer, with more Wastes you could also consider running Solemn Simulacrum and Burnished Hart.
5. You are severely lacking card draw. Consider a Mind's Eye or a Sandstone Oracle.
3 months ago
This looks like a blast to play. I have some suggestons to take your brew to the next level. They are based off a few deckbuilding principles I live by to build cEDH decks. I think they apply equally well for casual decks.
What you want with any deck is consistency of results. You want to know that you will be able to do stupid powerful and dumb things each game. You probably also want to play each of the cards you chose for your deck. Why else do you include them? Therefore, you need to embrace my first principle.
1) Card Advantage is King
You are in white/red. Your options are limited. You have access to wheels, artifacts, and equipment that draws cards. This can be very good as you have some cards you want to recur and killing creatures is where you want to be. Skullclamp becomes one of the best cards in your deck. So why not double down? Add Masterwork of Ingenuity, Steelshaper's Gift, tStoneforge Mystic; Godo, Bandit Overlord, Mask of Memory, Stonehewer Giant. Equipment helps your gameplan of chucking big hitters for value. Stone forge is a powerhouse so if you devote a large chunk of your $100 to her DOUBLE DOWN and grab Recruiter of the Guard who can get Taurean Mauler. Well those effects are neato. I dont want them just once, I want them EVERY TURN. Lets help feldon with some friends. Mimic Vat is incredible here. So lets DOUBLE DOWN!!! and play Sculpting Steel. Sculpting steel needs targets so let us add the best possible targets Batterskull, Sandstone Oracle, Memory Jar. Swords of X and Y are great but way outside your budget. You know whats great with fat artifacts? Goblin Welder. You do not have to take every suggestion but beefing up the CA will give you the freedom to chuck dudes like crazy. It could get even crazier with stuff like Gilded Lotus and Paradox Engine. Just sayin...When you have the money Wheel of Fortune is the best card in your color scheme.
2) Get low to the ground: This is Casual to Competi-Casual EDH, so I am not saying don't run stupid fat creatures with fun abilities. What I am saying is only run a select few and make everything else cheap so you can actually play the fatties (but why even play when you can cheat them in (i.e Sneak Attack?). I do not think blowing up your budget in sneak attack is necessary. You can simply dump your hand on the table, Reforge the Soul a fattie into the yard, then get to some shenanighans. Getting low to to the ground with high quality cards will make the difference between durdling until you get steamrolled and scaring the crap out of the table. Win/Lose/Draw? Meh. Be a force whatever the outcome. Gamble, Enlightened Tutor, are your best tutors and will help you more than any other cards. Tutors provide tremendous flexibility and no deck should be without them. Your playing Boros. A handful of tutors will not violate the spirit of the format. What it will do is make your games better.
3) Find your core and support it properly. Any strategy can be viable in EDH if constructed properly. You have a great idea. Doubling up on the value of high power creatures that die at the end of turn. Keep that core, but improve it by replacing filler cards with high value cards that actively support your gameplan. (Card advantage/Tutors/Ramp/Enablers). High scale cards are usable in any deck and are a great investment. I actively only have one deck at any time and a pool of 200 cards, but I in effect have like 10 decks. Every archetype has a core. Get some core pieces son!
All in all the deck looks great. These suggestions will take the deck to another level of power, which may or may not be appropriate for your meta. I would invest that money in objectively powerful cards that enable your strategy as well as future decks down the line. For example, Mardu equipment reanimator is lit. If you want to take some of what I am offering, then I can propose suggested cuts. Otherwise cheers!