|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|2010 Core Set||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Whenever an opponent casts a spell, reveal the top card of your library. If it's a creature card, put it onto the battlefield. Otherwise, you may put that card on the bottom of your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (12)||TheRealPeaches , ZombieFood , Roadhog , Zhorus_The_Bauqret , pokemate0 , Nemesis , MoJoMiXuP , MattN7498 , Daddy1ong1egs13 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , warcry02 , Justinaut|
|Want (3)||samuelianstorm , ChessRuler , rakdos24|
Lurking Predators Discussion
1 week ago
Hey, it's me. I'm not sure if you wanted criticism, but here's my take:
You lack mana acceleration. I think 2 drops are very important, moreso than 3 because they're more reliable in being ale to keep more hands and easier to squeeze out on turns where you want to do more. So instead of Kodama's Reach and Cultivate, you should go with Farseek, Nature's Lore and I'm a fan of Into the North with the R/G and G/W Snow Duals (Arctic Flats and Highland Weald) with a few snow basics in case you draw them early. I would even argue for Sakura-Tribe Elder because it's such a good ramp card. Afterwards, even if they're not in-theme Wood Elves and Farhaven Elf make way more sense in a beatdown deck than Sorceries.
I also think you're one land short of what you need, plus I would cut the Evolving Wilds/Terramoprhic and replace with another dual of some kind. Krosan Verge is a great way to ramp at little to no cost and can grab you duals. There's always Blighted Woodland. I also think the deck can probably decently be able to use Mosswort Bridge, Spinerock Knoll and Windbrisk Heights.
Since you do want damage, we previously talked about Throne of the God-Pharaoh, Harsh Mentor and Scab-Clan Berserker. Since your game plan is put Creatures into play and kill the table with turning sideways, Impact Tremors would be great. Ajani Unyielding looks like it would be good for this deck too, another draw I would suggest is Skullclamp in any Creature-based shell. Plus Harsh Mercy for a Wrath that mostly leaves you untouched.
I think you also have enough Creatures to use some of my favourite tech: Birthing Pod, Zendikar Resurgent, Lurking Predators and Assemble the Legion (Though they're Soldiers, not humans). If you're willing to forgo flavour, there's also Oketra's Monument to get more dudes.
2 weeks ago
Trick creatures into play:
Animal Magnetism, Aid from the Cowl, Briarbridge Patrol, Call of the Wild, Defense of the Heart, Gamekeeper, Foster, Hibernation's End, Lure of Prey, Lurking Predators, Oath of Druids, Reincarnation, Rishkar's Expertise, Selvala's Stampede, Zoologist and Wild Pair
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
If you are getting a ton of mana, you might want some good ways to just dump mana out, like Hydra Broodmaster and Elder of Laurels. Not sure if your commander is really ETB heavy so much as "cast a creature" heavy, might not get the most out of Panharmonicon, but that being said Eerie Interlude can be a great way to protect your field and also get some extra etb. Lurking Predators is great.
4 weeks ago
Cryptolith Rite is a must with Ishkanah. Other "budgety" goodies include Illusionist's Bracers and Strionic Resonator to double Ishy's outputs. Second Harvest is pretty alright. Zendikar Resurgent isn't the worst since lots of mana makes lots of life loss. I know you said you don't want to spend a lot but I would really try to get Parallel Lives.
I run an Ishkanah deck myself and at first I just loaded it with a bunch of spider creature spells but I found it to be slow and clunky; although I never ran Descendants' Path or Lurking Predators, which are good solutions (you might consider Wild Pair too). Tokens allow me to net way more spiders on far less mana if I combo it well. I think you've got a good deck here and focussing on tokens a little more will help you win more and win faster.
+1 though. Feel free to check out my spider deck if you're bored.
4 weeks ago
Hey there, I have a few suggestions:
Phyrexian Reclamation to replace/supplement Vampiric Rites. Why get a random card from your deck when you can get exactly what you need from your graveyard? Other interesting card draw/tutor/recycle cards for you to consider are Survival of the Fittest, Oversold Cemetery (very good for you, I think!), Fauna Shaman, and Evolutionary Leap.
Cards that care about how many creatures are in your graveyard or all graveyards, such as Golgari Grave-Troll, Nighthowler, Lord of Extinction (counts all cards), and especially Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord, who is also a sacrifice outlet AND has built-in recursion.
Eternal Witness, which is a really great card in pretty much any green deck.
1 month ago
A few non-standard includes here that I think are neat:
- Frontline Medic as another Iraos effect is neat.
- Jazal Goldmane as an alternative (and cheaper!) Pathbreaker Ibex is really cool
- Grave Titan seems pretty spicey for Saskia tokens. Seeing it here, I now wonder why it's run so little.
The mana base here seems extremely greedy. Only 1 mana rock and 36 lands for a 4.2 average CMC just seems a little too inconsistent.
Some possible adds:
- Odric, Master Tactician gives another way to push through damage without losing board presence.
- Brutal Hordechief (which you removed from the precon) may be worth another look for the same reason
- Odric, Lunarch Marshal lets you share some of the powerful keywords like Flying and Deathtouch
- Samut, Voice of Dissent is another haste enabler that can also share a reasonable keyword salad
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion can both produce tokens and provide a mostly one-sided board wipe
- Gahiji, Honored One is both a pump effect and can incentivize your opponents to attack each other
- Heliod, God of the Sun is msotly just going to be a vigilence enabler. I think its 4-mana "make one kind of crappy token" ability is a trap in Saskia (even though I love it in other decks)
- Sire Of Insanity seems worse at doing its job than the Conqueror's Flail that you removed from the stock list. Saskia tends to hold more cards than you'd think.
- Archetype of Aggression is mostly granting trample to things that aren't likely to use it very well. Most of your mass buffs that would make it useful grant trample anyway.
- Lurking Predators with only 29 creatures and no other top manipulation seems pretty ambitious. I get that it can filter away lands, but I can't imagine where you wouldn't rather just draw a threat instead.
- Mystic Barrier really hurts you when you have a wide board and draw mass pump. It's cute, and I fully support running it as a fun card, but it's usually going to hurt you more than help.
- Mardu Strike Leader seems right on the edge of worth it. Seems like a meta call, but it probably wouldn't feel terrible to lose it.