|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Fifth Dawn (5DN)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
(2): Put a charge counter on Gemstone Array.
Remove a charge counter from Gemstone Array: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Gemstone Array Discussion
1 week ago
3 weeks ago
@Magalomania I fail to see how Muldrotha and Lion's eye Diamond cause an infinite mana combo. unless im missing a 3rd card that lets you get it back after saccing it multiple times.
3 weeks ago
I do appreciate the deck tech. I'm watching it now and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it. A minor note, you did forget to link the list in your description. Once that's resolved I'd be happy to link your video on my Primer.
As to your suggestions (here, not those in the video):
I concede that I dont have great reasons for not playing Basalt Monolith other than not wanting too many cards that do the same things, and the ones I have to full those roles being preferable to me and the way I play Kurkesh, but my results validate my preferences to me. That said it's by no means bad to have if you have one and find something you're willing to cut.
Gemstone Array is a little slow for the way I play Kurkesh. I'm not big on batteries as a matter of principle. But then again, my playgroups have gotten used to Kurkesh, so I have to play quickly and carefully to keep up my record, so spending time and space on that kind of slow-roll filter is not ideal. Even Azor's Gateway Flip is not guaranteed to stay in, it's just more reasonable in terms of mana cost for casting and for activating, with a huge reward.
The only reason Paradox Engine isn't here is because the way I play Kurkesh, I'm not casting many spells. Most of my interaction is using the abilities of a few artifacts over 4 or 5 turns until I can search out or cheat out the primary combo, and then prefeably get Planar Bridge, which doesn't cast the cards it searches. If one were playing more of an eggs build, or intentionally avoiding using the primary combo, it's absolutely an auto-include. But it's not for my Kurkesh.
And lastly Foundry Inspector, like most artifact cheapeners, does too little for too much. Again, most often I'm not casting very many spells. I play my hand over a few turns, then use what I have on the board to facilitate achieving the primary combo in some fashion. Spending my turn 3 to make my turn 5 (as turn 4 is more often than not spent just casting Kurkesh) faster doesn't do very much, because either I've played most of my artifacts already as they were cheap, or they're 5-6 drops so I can't play multiple in a turn anyway. He's by no means a bad card to include if you feel you need it, but he just doesn't fill the niches I need filled, in my experience.
3 weeks ago
Awesome deck! I've loved playing it online and I featured it for a deck tech over at MagicGatheringStrat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMtSlNINkvw
I did make a couple of changes that I would recommend.
- Basalt Monolith : You already have Rings of Brighthearth so its infinite mana.
- Gemstone Array : Gives you a filter for all of the colorless mana from your mana rocks and the counters can be increased by Proliferate.
- Paradox Engine : It's a good extender considering how many mana rocks you play.
- Foundry Inspector : Also an extender to lower your artifact cost. Really good early considering its 3 CMC.
4 weeks ago
So I'm just literally loading the page and I can tell you now you are stuck between two decks, Jodah Good stuff and Jodah Walkers. While I LOVE the fact that Jodah allows me to cast Time Stretch for WUBRG I'd rather be casting a Walker instead; that applies to a LOT of your cards.
Amulet of Vigor is really interesting tech too, play a walker ult, play another bounce it, play it again ult again (of course DS is out). I like it. Actually Ramos is quite interesting tech as well, I might have to try that. Very Spicy.
Cards to cut:
Cards to cut:
- jaya ballard Look I'm all for Jaya finally getting her spark but she cares about instants and sorceries a walker deck does not
- nicol bolas, the deceiver Look I get it, All Hail LORD BOLAS!!! But... Let's Hail the good Bolas. God-Pharoah and Planeswalker are solid enough
- crystalline crawler I get the converge mechanic but in Jodah Walkers he's a convience and a win con not nessecarily the theme. Most of the games I play I don't cast him until I have Ajani Steadfast and Samut out to make him swole and get in that Command Damage. I guess ultimately it comes down to you have to spend 9 mana to make this card good... and you only get back 5 at max back from it the turn it comes out... Gemstone Array would be better than this, and its not even good in the deck...
- false prophet I understand the logic behind this card but... it's not ever going to die. When I used to play with Child Of Alara as my Commander for this I'd play her just so people wouldn't swing at me, and they wouldn't. No one will commit to killing this 9/10 times
- release to the wind Its just bad removal... Unless you are using it on your own stuff to protect it... Anyways if you are using this as removal just play Anguished Unmaking
- everflowing chalice I always held this card in my hand waiting to get the max amount out of it as I could and I'd eventually just end up playing it and it not mattering by the time I could get it out.
- astral cornucopia See Chalice, play Thran Dynamo
- fist of suns See Crawler/Jodah reference
- A Couple lands... I just feel like you are running too many.
I have more give me a bit.
1 month ago
N+1A = 1 Token and 3 Colorless mana
N+2A = 2 Token and 10 Colorless mana
So you only need 2 non-Najeelas to make WUBRG and get another combat, remember that she doesn't need to attack to get all the bonuses.
1 month ago
Gemstone Array could be good for mana fixing