Creature — Human Wizard1UB: Whenever a card is put into an opponent's graveyard from anywhere this turn, that player loses 1 life.2UB: Target player puts the top two cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price||Normal||Foil|
|0.04 TIX||0.06 TIX|
|Have (20)||xlebec , TheGreatSeamus , osirisbray , Comicalflop , much-doge , XxCataclysmiCxX , zachi , AzulHunter , herrkutt , JIV_IV , JakeHarlow , Nines19 , shadowhound14 , Braxlyon , Sauron_ , SLSev , webdokkeren , SmarmyDog , Josh50 , kanofudo|
|Want (3)||marz1342 , CharmedGeek , Rawbzilla|
Duskmantle Guildmage Discussion
1 day ago
2 days ago
I have a few modern suggestions that should help kick start your mill-tastic deck. First though, a shout out to tclaw12 for linking my deck. Much appreciated.
Modern is known as the "Turn 4" format, so the goal is to be able to consistently win by turn 4. Many of the cards you've chosen push beyond a turn 4 win, so you will need to rework the deck a little. One of the most well known T3 infinite mill combos is the Duskmantle Guildmage and Mindcrank combo. Activating Duskmantle Guildmage and then forcing your opponent to discard a card or deal them damage with win you the game. The only downside is that combo decks tend to be weak if people sabotage one of the pieces of the combo. People sneak victories in with this combo, but once people know it is there, they know what to aim for to dismantle your wins. So the game 2 or game 3 wins are far harder to achieve.
If you have no budget to worry about, then there is a plethora of good cards for your consideration:
Glimpse the Unthinkable - Considered the best stand alone "mill" card ever printed. A CMC of 2 to mill 10 cards. Incredibly powerful.
Archive Trap - Many people will argue that this card is only fair at best, but with all 10 fetch lands now available in modern, half of which are still being printed in standard, you will see a lot of decks cracking fetchlands and searching for shocklands. You really can't beat a free 13 card mill. Even if your opponent isn't running fetch lands or tutoring stuff, you can also coax them into the searching their libraries by using things like Ghost Quarter or Path to Exile (mind you, you'd have to splash white for it). While Archive Trap is not a stand alone "mill" card, it is a very powerful card; that even the fear of the card causes players to punt.
Lastly, for your consideration, Surgical Extraction which serves as a precision removal tool, a sneak peek at your opponent's hand, library, and graveyard, a free removal spell, and finally, a potential 3 for 1 cantrip mill.
I hope some of these suggestions help you out. Good luck and godspeed with the milling!
3 days ago
I actually thought that was a possibility. Sidisi's trigger gives 1 token per action regardless if 1 creature or 10 creatures get milled. So to take advantage of Sidisi, Brood Tyrant best is to run cards like Duskmantle Guildmage who only mill a few cards at a time but allow you (with lots of mana at your disposal) to do it repetitively.
3 days ago
Why do you have some of the cards that you have? If you want a little bit of card draw I'd just run Divination instead of Arcanis the Omnipotent on the number of lands you run. Mikaeus, the Unhallowed is cool and all, but the pump doesn't help you that much. Why Sage of Epityr? Rite of Replicationing your Hedron Crab seems downright stupid- although it can rack up quickly, it is still a one-drop. Amass the Components isn't that good. Just use Brainstorm- and its 1 mana. Try to make things more consistent- i.e., increase some things to 4 ofs instead of 2 ofs and cut some cards. Check out some of the Dimir milling cards- Lazav, Dimir Mastermind, Mirko Vosk, Mind Drinker and Duskmantle Guildmage should all be worth a look.
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
Duskmantle Guildmage is absolutely amazing with this deck, turns every mill card into a shitload of damage.
3 weeks ago
You are using many drop 3 cards
+4 Rune Snag
3 weeks ago
@zzx - I like the parasite, but idk...it seems a bit too easy to kill/situational in this build
|Power / Toughness||2/2|
|Avg. draft pick||7.42|
|Avg. cube pick||2.71|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Jace, Memory Adept
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Traumatize
- Codex Shredder + Duskmantle Guildmage
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Keening Stone
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Undercity Informer
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Tome Scour
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mind Sculpt + Nemesis of Reason
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank + Phenax, God of Deception
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank + Whispering Madness
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mind Grind + Mindcrank
- Breaking / Entering + Duskmantle Guildmage
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Sword of Body and Mind
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Grindstone
- Traumatize + Duskmantle Guildmage
- Bloodchief Ascension + Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank
- Consuming Aberration + Duskmantle Guildmage
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mind Grind
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Nemesis of Reason
- Jace, Memory Adept + Duskmantle Guildmage
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank + Servant of Tymaret
- Circu, Dimir Lobotomist + Duskmantle Guildmage
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Psychic Strike
- Bloodchief Ascension + Duskmantle Guildmage
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank + Tome Scour
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mesmeric Orb
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mind Sculpt + Tome Scour
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Hedron Crab + Mindcrank
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Undead Alchemist
- Mindcrank + Duskmantle Guildmage
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank + Shepherd of Rot
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Lich Lord of Unx + Mindcrank
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Memory Sluice
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Glimpse the Unthinkable
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Hedron Crab
- Dimir Infiltrator + Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Ghost Quarter + Mindcrank