Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Duskmantle Guildmage Discussion
10 hours ago
If it's for casual, I wouldn't worry too much about running Guildgates. The tap lands from the Khans block are actually strictly better just because you gain a life. If you're looking to improve the land base a bit, Drowned Catacomb aren't too expensive. And then if you're really serious Watery Grave and Polluted Delta.
I'm not a fan of Soul Ransom. It's kind of bulky and expensive, even if it does allow you to draw cards. You can use Murder, nothing wrong with that. Other decent kill cards include Dismember, Doom Blade, Go for the Throat, and Victim of Night.
Another cool one-drop you might consider is Hedron Crab. If you do that, you want lands that enter multiple times. If you can't afford Polluted Delta, then Terramorphic Expanse or Evolving Wilds will do fine.
Another cool 2-drop for mill is Wight of Precinct Six. It can get fat pretty quickly.
3x Crypt Incursion is a lot, I would only run one or two copies at the most.
Consuming Aberration is a sweet card. I think rather than putting cards in here to make him unblockable you might be able to do it through the land base. Adding a few Rogue's Passage would do that and free up slots for other cards.
Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver is just an awesome card to steal their stuff.
I hope that helps some! If you want, I can put together a deck list of what I would run.
3 days ago
Sands of Delirium - EOT mana sink
Grindclock - Keep adding counters, until it's MILLer TIME...
4 days ago
5 days ago
2 weeks ago
The deck is looking good so far! I don't have a lot of time to write this so i will just do some basic stuff. We can talk later:
Compare Tormod's Crypt to Bojuka Bog. Now you can definitely run both if you want to be packing graveyard hate (and there are other cards for that too) but the crypt is sitting in the spot of a card that could do a whole lot more for you, and the bog is just swapping out for a swamp.
Coerced Confession and Concentrate are good, but i am partial to instant speed draw spells like Fact or Fiction, Jace's Ingenuity or Opportunity since you can save it and countermagic for other people's turns (I also like playing Overwhelming Intellect, even though it is super costly) . although i do see that confession plays into your graveyard strategy, so it might be worth keeping around. I'm not sure if it flips enough cards to be worth the cost. I'd only ever plan on getting 1, maybe 2, draws off of it. If you like Stroke of Genius then Blue Sun's Zenith might be right up your alley.
Also i know we discussed this but i figured I'd remind you:
Also i have some of these cards so feel free to come look through my stuff.
2 weeks ago
Thanks Kaiser.In this deck I was trying to incorporate both the traditional mill type of just milling with spells and the mill combo with Duskmantle Guildmage and Mindcrank that mills out an entire deck once it gets going. Crypt Incursion is a card I admit I have overlooked that should go in the sideboard. I think I'll Take out the two Mindcrank and put in two Crypt Incursion. I'll also take out the Duskmantle Guildmages and the Deathcult Rogues and put in two more Nightveil Specter and put in four Wight of Precinct Six. Also, I think Victim of Night would be a proper replacement for Death's Approach, pretty much killing any modern power house cards that would pose a threat to the deck ( I'm looking at you Phyrexian Obliterator).Also one thing I must say; You seem to be the Isaac Asimov of Mill because you seemed to have just created the Three Laws of Mill.
2 weeks ago
Mill is usually fun, but difficult to use. From my experiences with it here is what I've noticed:
Mill is difficult to use due to the lack of field/hand control that is almost required when using blue and black. You usually have to replace all of that with mill cards. If you can't control with blue or black, you are going to have some problems then.
If every card in your deck does not pertain to milling the opponent in some way or another, you probably won't win with mill. (On a side note, you have a lot aggression in this deck witch is what it looks like you were trying to accomplish.)
Usually being able to work off the opponent's graveyard can help with these decks.
Just keep messing around with it until find a formula you like but like I said, mill is difficult to run.I would try to mainboard Surgical Extraction and probably remove Duskmantle Guildmage. It's abilities are a little too expensive for not enough output in my opinion. Maybe try to use more Nightveil Specters if possible. Also, I understand why you are using Death's Approach but keep in mind, it is not an instant so if someone plays a creature that you want gone the moment it hits the field, you cannot do anything about it. My last suggestion is maybe (this is a big maybe by the way) using Crypt Incursion. If fighting Zoo decks it's nice but agains others not so much, so maybe sideboard it if you find it useful.
Well those are my suggestions. I hope you have a get this deck going and good luck!
2 weeks ago
In mill i think Sleight of Hand is better than serum visions because it gets you the card you want right away. The other thing is that you really should go UB to get Breaking. If you have the money, Snapcaster Mage is perfect for this deck but if you don't that's cool because I don't either and 85 bucks a card is ridiculous. You NEED 4 Surgical Extractions. It removes key combo pieces are also prevents cards like Emrakul, the Aeons Torn from shuffling a graveyard into a library. Ghost Quarter + Archive Trap is another great combo. Lastly, Mindcrank+Duskmantle Guildmage is an infinite combo.
|Power / Toughness||2/2|
|Avg. draft pick||7.41|
|Avg. cube pick||2.72|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Jace, Memory Adept
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Traumatize
- Codex Shredder + Duskmantle Guildmage
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Keening Stone
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Undercity Informer
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Tome Scour
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mind Sculpt + Nemesis of Reason
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank + Phenax, God of Deception
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank + Whispering Madness
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mind Grind + Mindcrank
- Breaking / Entering + Duskmantle Guildmage
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Sword of Body and Mind
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Grindstone
- Traumatize + Duskmantle Guildmage
- Bloodchief Ascension + Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank
- Consuming Aberration + Duskmantle Guildmage
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mind Grind
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Nemesis of Reason
- Jace, Memory Adept + Duskmantle Guildmage
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank + Servant of Tymaret
- Circu, Dimir Lobotomist + Duskmantle Guildmage
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Psychic Strike
- Bloodchief Ascension + Duskmantle Guildmage
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank + Tome Scour
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mesmeric Orb
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mind Sculpt + Tome Scour
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Hedron Crab + Mindcrank
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Undead Alchemist
- Mindcrank + Duskmantle Guildmage
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank + Shepherd of Rot
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Lich Lord of Unx + Mindcrank
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Memory Sluice
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Glimpse the Unthinkable
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Hedron Crab
- Dimir Infiltrator + Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Ghost Quarter + Mindcrank
- Consuming Aberration + Duskmantle Guildmage + Phenax, God of Deception
- Altar of Dementia + Consuming Aberration + Duskmantle Guildmage
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Invisible Stalker + Mindcrank
- Codex Shredder + Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank + Vapor Snag
- Doom Blade + Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mana Leak + Mindcrank
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank + Duress
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank + Pact of Negation
- Annul + Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Go for the Throat + Mindcrank
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank + Turn Aside
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank + Gut Shot
- Archive Trap + Duskmantle Guildmage + Ghost Quarter
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Trepanation Blade
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank + Surgical Extraction
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank + Thoughtseize
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Geth's Verdict + Mindcrank
- Psychic Barrier + Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank
- Altar of the Brood + Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank
- Gut Shot + Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Phenax, God of Deception
- Crypt Ghast + Duskmantle Guildmage + Mind Grind
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Lich Lord of Unx + Undead Alchemist
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Psychic Spiral