Creature — Human Wizard: Whenever a card is put into an opponent's graveyard from anywhere this turn, that player loses 1 life.: Target player puts the top two cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Duskmantle Guildmage Discussion
1 day ago
Well if we are going for milling you need a contingency plan in case they have an unmillable deck... It does happen. I recommend the Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank combo for infinite life lose/mill.
6 days ago
Nightdragon779, Mindcrank and Duskmantle Guildmage are good cards but are not fast enough. Duskmantle Guildmage dies too quickly in modern and leaves me with 3 less mana if i cast him. Mindcrank does provide usefulness if used with Bloodchief Ascension. Nemesis of Reason is a good card but I would have to wait a whole turn just to try and mill them out, i would recommend Jace, Memory Adept for late game scenario with the same mana cost and still hit for 10.
1 week ago
I love mill. If you want, there's this cool combo: Mindcrank + Duskmantle Guildmage, this deck can dig through the deck pretty quickly, so I recommend the combo. A cool card I run in my mill deck is Nemesis of Reason. It's a strong blocker for 5, and it mills 1/6 of their deck every time it attacks. Value!
1 week ago
Awesome combo! I'm kinda new to MTG (Just returning after a long break) and I don't play Blue much so I can't offer much in the form of criticism. But why only run 2 of your Duskmantle Guildmage and Mindcrank? I know you have other cards that will help you draw and get to them, but considering that's your win condition, I'd think you would have more of them in the deck.
Also... DANG that is an expensive deck. I mean, your cmc is great but $478 for a deck? I know I couldn't do it. A large chunk of it is in the land cards. Maybe this isn't a problem for you, but I know I'd be reconsidering a few of them lol.
2 weeks ago
The problem with any meta call is I'm then planning around dozens and dozens of decks, at least. The only think I've noticed a lot of consistency in is graveyard play and frequent appearances by Eldrazi titans. Other than that I can't be sure of what I'll be facing. I know some decks I'm likely to see from some people, but I don't know if I'll be playing against those decks and those people.
So, I need to avoid things that are meta-dependent when possible in favor of catch-all solutions.
Anyway, Archivist is great!
The theme of the deck is milling people's stuff and then stealing it and using it to kill them. Decking out opponents is a secondary win condition because I'd be very surprised if nobody at the table had Ulamog or Kozilek to prevent that. Both of these are slow wins, requiring control elements to support them. The only fast wins I have are Duskmantle Guildmage combos.
2 weeks ago
Nice :D you have indeed a similar deck to mine. The difference is you went with more control by adding discard cards. While i have more cards that lets me chose which cards to exile and went for a damage wincon outside of the mill with Duskmantle Guildmage and Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver's 2nd ability.
Maybe cards like Liliana's Caress might be useful in this deck
2 weeks ago
Mindcrank, Mesmeric Orb, Merciless Executioner, Sphinx's Tutelage, Windfall effects, Notion Thief is insane with windfall and Is just an all-round good card, more Reanimate effects, (or, conversely, more graveyard hate like Relic of Progenitus).
If you are going to run counterspells, up the count to 5-6.Add 1-2 wraths.
Delvers are good with big graveyards, consider Treasure Cruise.
Lightning Greaves should be in almost every deck.
|Power / Toughness||2/2|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mind Grind + Mindcrank
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Hedron Crab + Mindcrank
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Keening Stone
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Geth's Verdict + Mindcrank
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank + Phenax, God of Deception
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank + Turn Aside
- Dimir Infiltrator + Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Psychic Strike
- Mindcrank + Duskmantle Guildmage
- Consuming Aberration + Duskmantle Guildmage
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank + Duress
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mind Grind
- Jace, Memory Adept + Duskmantle Guildmage
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank + Thoughtseize
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank + Servant of Tymaret
- Doom Blade + Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Nemesis of Reason
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank + Shepherd of Rot
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Lich Lord of Unx + Mindcrank
- Gut Shot + Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Go for the Throat + Mindcrank
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Traumatize
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank + Whispering Madness
- Breaking / Entering + Duskmantle Guildmage
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Jace, Memory Adept
- Consuming Aberration + Duskmantle Guildmage + Phenax, God of Deception
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Glimpse the Unthinkable
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Ghost Quarter + Mindcrank
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Phenax, God of Deception
- Circu, Dimir Lobotomist + Duskmantle Guildmage
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank + Vapor Snag
- Crypt Ghast + Duskmantle Guildmage + Mind Grind
- Traumatize + Duskmantle Guildmage
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank
- Psychic Barrier + Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank
- Altar of the Brood + Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank
- Duskmantle Guildmage + Psychic Spiral