|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masterpiece Series: Amonkhet Invocations (AKHMPS)||Common|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Jace vs. Chandra (DD2)||Common|
Combos Browse all
You may return an Island you control to its owner's hand rather than pay Daze's mana cost.
Counter target spell unless its controller pays .
2 days ago
6 days ago
Ghostly Flicker seems like a good cut - it was mostly in because of Archaeomancer and I cut that down to just one of those so there isn't much value left (except the ability to protect 1 or 2 Anglers/Augurs from removal).
Gush seems to be too good to cut - great synergy with Growth Spiral and Foil (I have since moved 1 foil to mainboard). Daze shares the same synergy - I will test it out when I dredge it up from my collection. I see 2x Daze as often a dead draw - I hesitate to go 2 mainboard but there should probably be at least 1 mainboard and at least 1 side.
1 week ago
3 weeks ago
Based on the way they did Cabal Therapist . I think we'll be getting creature shifted Legacy spells where the power level could warp Modern. For instance a blue creature with a one time activated ability that mimics Daze . Or a white creature with a one-shot Swords to Plowshares ability.
1 month ago
Flooremoji yeah definitely. Having Annul would have also been helpful since my opponent wisely played around Daze the entire game. So just having Annul in would have been a help regardless. That deck also runs the creature with protection from mono-colored, Guardian of the Guildpact . So the combination of Annul and Chainer's Edict will help me tremendously in that match up since if it resolves I have no way to interact with it in the maindeck.
1 month ago
King_C_Waffa Thank you for your input! You're correct in assuming I'm pretty new to cEDH, although I have probably 7 other decks IRL that already have all snow lands and Extraplanar Lens . I don't feel it's necessary for this deck though. I don't play EDH competitively very often because in my area all the cEDH players are insufferable assholes, plus I tend to play more for fun usually. However, I just had to take a stab at this deck. So let's get down to the suggestions:
- Intuition is great. I knew it felt like I was missing some powerful tutor. It is definitely being added.
- Paradigm Shift seemed decent, which was why it was in the maybeboard, but I've had a day to think about it and I agree it should be in here.
- I'm not sure I need Windfall . I did consider it, but I think most of the time Tolarian Winds is going to be better since the odds are that I won't draw it until I'm comboing off anyway.
- I have multiple back up win conditions in the deck already, and although I was being cute with the Charbelcher combo with Dramatic Reversal + Isochron Scepter I'll probably swap that over to an Aetherflux Reservoir . Paradox Engine might find its way in
- Panharmonicon is in because I have a strong feeling I'll need to rebuild many times, and this helps me do so. But you know what? Let's go more defensive. This is going to be a Defense Grid .
- Mox Amber is terrible in commander, usually. I play it none of my other decks. I think it's perfectly fine in this deck since I'm only trying to get to 6 mana and Fblthp should be in play most of the time.
- Daze is probably fine to cut, I agree.
- I also do not know what the point of Paradoxical Outcome was. When I built this list at work, I first settled on a number of lands to run and then all I did was add cards until I had exactly 100, and the maybeboard cards on here were all cards I thought of afterward. Up until now, I haven't touched the list since I made it. I think I had some dumb idea with it originally but never followed up with whatever it was, so yeah it needs to change.
So all in all, I think the current changes are as follows:
1 month ago
I think you definitely need some more patron wizards if you can get them, he's really strong because if you build a deck around him, you can play a bunch of smaller wizards and stop your opponent from being able to play the game. So maybe if kept curiosity and threw in Delver of Secrets Flip, 1 or 2 Baral, Chief of Compliance , and Benthic Biomancer . If you do that you could drop illusionists bracers and put in a few cards like Brainstorm . If you dropped the omenspeaker and a few guys who ping the opponent you could use a few more cards that just swing in. Daze is nice too because it stops your opponent from being able get really fast combos.
1 month ago
I like the idea of this deck, but I feel like there could be improvements specifically for the legacy meta. This could use Daze and/or Force of Will for better protection along side Counterspell. I would also suggest something like Ponder to help you dig more deeply as well. Otherwise, really cool deck. Hopefully you can form some kind of sideboard that fits in your meta and hope you net some wins! Love me some Wizard tribal!
Daze occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 1.13%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%