|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Magic Origins (ORI)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Search your library for a card and put that card into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
Spell mastery — If there are two or more instant and/or sorcery cards in your graveyard, add to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (29)||bigc137 , NOGzFTW , Crimson6 , Ellyreia , KipIsKosher , Enivid , 2austin5 , Famicomania , thetechzombie , Unlife , ibraJG84 , ironax , Justinaut , clayperce , NobleSlay3r , Yawkcorb , Vasbear1 , Sparky41 , Skydra2 , lava_lava , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , LPrats , MattN7498 , TheRealPeaches , PTsmitty , KillDatBUG , jstn.mrrtt , mziter501 , saj0219|
|Want (3)||Ariumlegion , SketchyScribbler , chrishuffman95|
Dark Petition Discussion
2 hours ago
Hi bro, there is a nice combo that you're missing : Necrotic Ooze with Triskelion (or Walking Ballista) and Phyrexian Devourer. You just need to have ooze on the battlefield and the rest on the graveyard. Easy to accomplish if you get Buried Alive. And if you add that combo I recommend to add also more tutors, even the cheap ones would work, like Diabolic Tutor, Dark Petition or even Razaketh's Rite.
on Oloro Stuff
4 days ago
- Chalice of Life Flip: Isn't the worst card in Oloro, but isn't all that reliable either.
- Darksteel Plate: I've seen you play this card a bunch of times, and most of the time it just sits there, all menacingly. Problem is - your deck doesn't plan to use creatures often, so the plate also won't be used either.
- Dreamstone Hedron: Ramp is great, but expensive ones that produce colorless mana can be iffy since they're often easy targets right after you play them. Gilded Lotus can at least let you cast counterspells after you tap all your lands to play it.
- Orzhov Keyrune: This one is just personal preference from me. I don't like 3 mana artifact ramp most of the time. (Chromatic Lantern and Darksteel Ingot are much better) It's up to you if you wanna take it out or not.
- Sun Droplet: This card is very slow and you could easily replace it with something better.
- Subversion: It may seem like a decent drain effect, but it's not that great since it's 5 mana and makes you wait til your next upkeep before it does anything.
- Thought Reflection: Decent card, but 7 mana is pretty costly. Up to you if you wanna keep it.
- Celestial Force: It's nice to instantly gain life each upkeep, but 8 mana for basically just a vanilla creature otherwise isn't really good.
- Pontiff of Blight: Extort is nice for your deck, but your deck doesn't have many creatures to take advantage of the pontiff. Up to you if you wanna keep this guy if you wanna add more creatures.
- Skirge Familiar: I think this card would be a lot better if your deck was more combo focused.
- Azorius Chancery: These types of lands will flat out screw you over if they get destroyed or Blood Mooned.
Cards you definitely should add (won't cost you a whole lot):
- Crested Sunmare: Easily synergizes with Oloro and provides very solid creatures for defensive/offensive plays.
- Aetherflux Reservoir: The win condition you've been looking for. It's a pretty funny card honestly, but works very well with Oloro once you get him going.
- Alhammarret's Archive: Simply synergizes well with Oloro.
- Felidar Sovereign: Not sure how the others would feel about alternative win conditions, but if everyone' okay with it, this guy can most likely win you some games.
- Karlov of the Ghost Council: An awesome card. Can help control the board or becomes a big body to swing with.
- Delay, Counterspell, Swan Song, Negate: Good, cheap counterspells you should at least be running.
- Sphinx's Revelation: Put that ramping to good use.
- Anguished Unmaking, Cyclonic Rift: Must-have control instants.
- Supreme Verdict, Merciless Eviction, Fumigate: Excellent board wipes to go with Oloro.
- Clever Impersonator: This guy's incredibly flexible and can be useful in just about any situation.
- Mana Confluence: Almost exactly another copy of City of Brass.
- Temple of Enlightenment, Temple of Silence, Temple of Deceit: These will make your mana base a tad bit more consistent while helping you a bit with your next draw as well.
- Diabolic Tutor/Dark Petition/more tutors: Your deck would be more consistent if it had more tutors.
- Brainstorm: Generally a good blue card to manipulate your deck/hand a bit at an instant.
Suggestions (Some are costly, but very worth it for Oloro):
- Grave Titan: Just a powerhouse in general. Just like Crested Sunmare, Grave Titan will give you excellent battlefield presence.
- Whip of Erebos: If you do add more creatures like Grave Titan, this card can be very good for your life gain strategy.
- Sun Titan: One of my favorites. Can grab back some useful stuff, even land.
- Soul Warden, Soul's Attendant, Suture Priest, Auriok Champion: The soul sisters. You shouldn't include all of them at once though. Just keep them in mind since they're good against creature-heavy decks.
- Consecrated Sphinx: Costly, but worth.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation: Punishes spell-slinging decks, and generally nice if he sticks around.
- Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim: She can be good if you can keep your life total high enough.
- Sanguine Sacrament: Pretty nice for the deck's game plan at instant speed.
- Demonic Tutor: Arguably the best tutor you can find, but the price tag will probably turn you away. But... Greatness, at any cost.. Right?
- Enlightened Tutor, Mystical Tutor, Vampiric Tutor: Excellent tutors, but expensive (although Mystical Tutor is only around $5; not a whole lot compared to Vampiric Tutor).- Austere Command: Another one of my favorites. Very flexible, and doesn't cost a whole lot either.
- Torment of Hailfire: This card will probably make everyone hate you, but it's a fantastic card nonetheless.
- Leyline of Anticipation: One of the best blue enchantments in my opinion. Allows you to intimidate everyone just by playing a land on your turn.
- Crawlspace: Good against creature-heavy decks.
- Talisman of Dominance, Talisman of Progress, Fellwar Stone: Some decent and cheap mana rocks if you want more ramp.
- Decree of Pain: A good tempo swing in your favor if there are a ton of creatures in play. Kinda costly to play though.
- Hallowed Fountain, Godless Shrine, Watery Grave: Shock lands. Excellent at increasing consistency with mana bases. They're even better with the Fetch lands. All of these lands are very costly though.
- Flooded Plains, Marsh Flats, Polluted Delta: Example Fetch lands you could use.
- Ponder, Preordain: Cheap cantrips for a little more consistency.
- Maze of Ith, Kor Haven: Decent control lands.
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Cabal Coffers: Generates a ton of mana if you get them together.
- Expedition Map: Can help getting the above lands or any land you need.
- Crypt Ghast: Synergizes very well with Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, but is overall decent for your deck.
That's all I can think of for now. I can post more for you if I think of anything else.
5 days ago
Gravedigger + Cadaver Imp + Deathrender might be fun with Altar of Dementia. You could run Mastermind's Acquisition, Dimir Machinations, Spoils of the Vault, and Dark Petition in addition to Diabolic Tutor to get your combo pieces.
1 week ago
Kross33: I guess tappedout didn't want to accept when I responded the first time so sorry for the late response.
Dark Petition has been great for me in testing. The extra 2 damage of of an Ad Nauseam compared to Fabricate doesn't normally matter. Also, as mentioned previously, now isn't a great time to be a dedicated Ad Nauseam deck due to the amount of stax floating around (especially decks like Tana/Tymna that pressure your life total while taxing you) so I wouldn't worry about it. Pretty much the only combo line I don't like Dark Petition for is a Notion Thief + Wheel effect because Notion Thief is better at instant speed, especially if you can use it in response to an opponent's wheel effect but the BBB from Dark Petition either requires you to main phase it or waste 3 mana. As for it brickhanding, if I am having trouble casting a 5 drop and can't just wheel my hand away into a better one, I have likely already been disrupted enough that I have lost so again I wouldn't worry about it.
1 week ago
I would suggest to add some tutors for the consistency...
But the idea definitely is great :) +1
2 weeks ago
Your not running any enchantments? Things like Mystic Remora and Necropotence seem like they should fit. Necropotence especially since you have Dark Petition and your not running Doomsday. Things like Opt also seem weird since your not running Doomsday. I also really like Copy Artifact since it can make it so you have 2 Aetherflux Reservoir's
2 weeks ago
AlwaysSleepy for my deck there are a few things I have questions about.
For right now Candelabra of Tawnos, Timetwister, Underground Sea, Imperial Seal, Grim Tutor, Lion's Eye Diamond, and Transmute Artifact are out of my budget. (I am currently unemployed but will make the changes to the deck as I can).
I do think the lower cmc, storming route is faster and more consistent than what I am currently playing. Cuts that I think are quite obvious are Dig Through Time, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Pili-Pala, Grand Architect, and probably Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas, Gilded Drake, Clever Impersonator, Spellskite, Damnation, and Trophy Mage if I cut the Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth combo as well.
I have read your opinion on the combo as you think it is not necessary and I'm finding with 5 possible methods for infinite the deck is kind of cluttered.
I have been trying to make changes and will be putting Dark Ritual, Cabal Ritual, and Lotus Petal back in, I also really like how you have Dark Petition and I think I will definitely be adding it to my list since I don't have the other tutors. How do you also feel about Diabolic Tutor in my list since I have budget restraints?
Also , I am curious what is your opinion on Mishra's Bauble? Do you think it would find a place in our decks? Or is it a bad cEDH card for deck thinning and cantrip draw?
I would absolutely love to have a chat with you on discord or some type of voice communication to talk about your deck and the playstyle too since quite honestly I was trying to avoid storm at the beginning of my career as I thought it was too intense and that I would not understand it.
3 weeks ago
thijmnesoy: Lost legacy is great indeed, and does a better job than obliteration. Thanks for that. The issue with the cmc 4 tutors is if I'd include them, I'd also have to change my removal suite into cmc 5 removal, as the different cmcs are very important for seasons past. The way the deck is meant to work, I want to be able to cast my removal before my tutors, and thus the cmc 5 tutors actually are the better choice here.
What I want to change regarding the tutors is going to the full playset of Dark Petition, but I couldn't get any more copies of it yet.