Counter target spell. At the beginning of your next precombat main phase, add X mana in any combination of colors to your mana pool, where X is that spell's converted mana cost.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Plasm Capture Discussion
3 weeks ago
Ochre Jelly seems like a must in this deck. You seem light on both ramp and card draw. Bounty of the Luxa can help you with both of those. I’d also toss in a few mana rocks, at least the basics like Sol Ring Arcane Signet ans Simic Signet. Plasm Capture can also foil your foes’ plans but help you cast a chunky ooze. Speaking of basics, Command Tower is a cheap untapped duel land.
2 months ago
Other Cards that you could consider cutting
- Ondu Giant => Seedguide Ash this card is one more mana expsive and has to die inorder to get the lands, but could be such a good upside. This dieing with your commander reads ramp 3 draw 3 cards and gain 3 life
- Soratami Mirror-Guard I get what you are doing here, but I feel like there are better payoffs for this
- Timbermaw Larva => Rampaging Brontodon trample is 1,000% better on this card
- Wakeroot Elemental 5 greens for a 5/5? way overcosted
- Wave-Wing Elemental again similar argument to Windrider Eel not that big of an impact
- Wild Wanderer good but could have better options
- Aetherflux Reservoir I know this is good in commander but why? No synergy at all, there has to be a better card slot here
- Elixir of Immortality I used to put this in all of my decks too, but it is counter productive to your stragay with cards like Splendid Reclamation and The Mending of Dominaria
- Wayfarer's Bauble There is better ramp than this in green
- I see why you have Jiang Yanggu but I feel like there is stronger cards than that. I cut the card to tutor Journey for the Elixir for him sorry :(
- There are a bunch of other better than Ranger's Path you could add, I'll show them in the recommendations
- Future Sight and Ominous Seas both seem strange here. I get future sight can draw cards, BUT I feel you should use mana sinks rather than off the top of your library draw
- Ghostly Flicker is on thin ice, like yes you have all the etb creatures but sometimes it is a dead card. meh at best?
Other Cards that you could consider adding
This is where the fun begins and your wallet cries
- You want Nissa, Who Shakes the World great card, it is a mana doubler ramp, and also you just win with the ultimate
- I heard you like ramp try Tireless Provisioner and pick up one for me while you are at it please
- Here is a gaint list of green ramp Harrow , Growth Spiral , Explore , Khalni Heart Expedition , Roiling Regrowth , Grow from the Ashes , Urban Evolution , Migration Path , Natural Connection , Nissa's Renewal , Nylea's Intervention , Spring / Mind , Animist's Awakening , Omen of the Hunt
- Keeping your life total at a high level Kazandu Nectarpot , Grazing Gladehart , Retreat to Kazandu , Jaddi Offshoot
- Mana Sinks, you are going to have a lot of mana, might as well do something with it Kamahl's Druidic Vow ummm.... yes? Kefnet the Mindful one of my favorite Gods, that doesn't have a place. I look forward to getting attacked by him Sprout Swarm it is really easy for this card to be "free"
That is all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure I'll have more la
4 months ago
6 months ago
Ziabo I'm still in my draft phase lol, but with the mana ramps I hope it won't be an issue. I got a total of 17 mana ramps. My thoughts are if I can get a good counter off Mana Drain , Plasm Capture , and Spell Swindle to hit a boost for my mana ramp or big spells that have big board impact. Some cool synergy I'm going for is Awakening Zone with Sakura-Tribe Elder or Wood Elves with Esix on the board.
6 months ago
For creatures, seems like you have the deck split three ways between graft, adapt, and evolve. I would recommend taking out the graft creatures like Plaxcaster Frogling and Aquastrand Spider , I just don't think graft is a very good mechanic. I would also take out Skatewing Spy , considering most of your creatures have either evasion or a relevant activated ability already. Also Feral Hydra feels like it's easily outclassed other cards. That's eight creatures out, 28 to begin with feels high, so maybe add a combination of 2-3 Lorescale Coatl and 2-3 Avatar of the Resolute . Also this one is just my opinion, but I feel like something like Verdurous Gearhulk could be a better finisher than Vorel of the Hull Clade , especially since your 3 drop slot is pretty packed and you curve out at 4.
For non-creature spells, Plasm Capture is a little bit too high costed and the payoff isn't too relevant to you, consider taking it out for another Cancel or Frilled Mystic , however you may just want to take out all the Cancel for Mana Leak s. If you took out eight creatures and only replaced 4-6, then you have room for some more spells like Incubation / Incongruity .
6 months ago
Some of these got messed up and called rampant growth that clearly aren't rampant growth lol.
Plasm Capture - counterspell option
Illusionist's Bracers - the card in my kenny deck.
9 months ago
I feel like unless you are confident that you are going to maintain a hand of more than 7 then maybe consider swapping out Spellbook might be a good idea
Not sure how useful Patron of the Orochi will be especially being at such a high cmc
Reforge the Soul only triggers the miracle cost if it is the card you draw for turn so you would have to pay the full CMC if you drew into it from a wheel. Thus, could save a few bucks by swapping it out for a different wheel card.
Nadir Kraken might not pull that much weight since you're theoretically going to be creating a ton of snakes and drawing a bunch of cards. Plus I'm not sure if you'll end up wanting to spend the mana to add the +1 counter and make a tentacle
Bag of Holding $0.35 instead of losing all of your cards to wheels, you can actually get them back later lol
Second Harvest $1.29 2GG to double all your creature tokens... could be useful? could also just do with another wheel lol
Soul of New Phyrexia $4 Might be a lot of mana to run but if you have ashnod's alter out then you should have no issue sacking three tokens to give everything indestructible. Just one more board wipe protection
Rhythm of the Wild $3 can either give them haste or make them a lil bit bigger
Ogre Battledriver $0.6 buffs snakes upon ETB and gives them haste; if this is already out and you wheel...OOF
Horizon Chimera $0.25 padding your life total isn't a bad idea; granted you are likely going to be aggressive affff
Geier Reach Sanitarium $2.5 Might not be worth it but having a little something-something on a land is hard to deal with and could help in a pinch
Dragon Mage $0.25
Minds Aglow $2.5
Burning Inquiry $1 One red mana to get 9 snake bois and might get some good stuff out of someone else's hand
Game Plan $0.39 Heftier side of things at 6 CMC but everyone draws 7 instead of perhaps the same amount they discarded. Plus everyone refills their library so any graveyard shenanigans gets shut down and you don't risk milling yourself for a little bit longer
9 months ago
So a few comments.
Rune Snag is actually not very good. There are enough things that randomly eat your gy to make it worse than other options.
Plasm Capture is expensive and the pay off is mana. Which doesnt really work for modern due to lower curves being the norm.
For wincons, going up to 28 lands with Field of the Dead can be a solid win con. You would have to massively diversify your lands with utility, better mana, and a mix of regular and snow basics to turn it online quicker. Primeval Titan is also a solid threat for that plan as it also fetches FotD and utility lands.
You could also max out on the Splendids and go for a big instant X spell with your ramp and repeated untaps. USZ would be an OK option.