Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Counter target spell. At the beginning of your next precombat main phase, add X mana in any combination of colors to your mana pool, where X is that spell's converted mana cost.
JoosetheMuice on Janky Leviathans
8 months ago
I agree with the above comments and I would definitely add more of those low CMC ramps spells from your maybe board.
I also don't love most of your "evacuate" types cards and you seem to be missing the big one that is on flavor which is Crush of Tentacles. I really think Unwind, Rewind, Plasm Capture and the like should go, you don't want to be leaving large amounts of mana up with this deck, you want to be dumping large things. Just keep your 1 and 2 cmc counters and you will be fine. I really also don't love how almost all of your remove replaces itself with another creature especially since a lot of your leviathans can be chump blocked. I would consider finding better options for say, Pongify and Rapid Hybridization. A lot of your creatures seem really random and out of place, like murkfiend liege, sharktocrap, nimbus swimmer, come to mind. Since you don't really have anything forcing the squid, kraken, octopus theme you could add The Tarrasque which is kind of fun. Also why no Lorthos, the Tidemaker
Balaam__ on A.P. Bio with Mr. Wizard
11 months ago
Ooh boy ThisIsMyAccount, I’m not sure about some of those. Chalice of the Void is certainly a card I overlooked, and as you pointed out it would be a great fit. I’m adding that one to the maybeboard right away for when it’s revision time.
But I don’t think I can use most of the others. The way this deck is set up I only really have about 4-6 possible slots I could reconfigure. Mana Leak and Remand are the card(s) I’d look to replace, but the rest of the deck is somewhat locked down and necessary to function correctly. I can see Archmage's Charm being better than either, but unfortunately I don’t currently own any. I’ll add it to the maybeboard in case I acquire some. Decisive Denial and Sublime Epiphany I’ll have to pass on; the former is a harder-to-cast Mana Leak that only targets noncreature spells, and the first portion is immaterial as attacking is not part of the overall strategy. The latter suggestion is simply too mana intensive—it has nice options, but by the time we have 6 available mana we should be on track for a win (if it’s going to happen in a given game). Same goes for Plasm Capture, too costly and situational. I do appreciate the suggestions though and you make some good points.
ThisIsMyAccount on A.P. Bio with Mr. Wizard
11 months ago
So I see there are no CMC cost 1 cards which means Chalice of the Void is probably a no brainer for this deck. You'll have to adjust your sideboard but I think it is worth it. If do decide on Chalice then Plasm Capture could be a interesting inclusion because you're guaranteed to get better value from it if your opponent cannot cast CMC 1 spells.
Then, I think Decisive Denial and/or Archmage's Charm would probably be better than Mana Leak. Also, just consider Sublime Epiphany because even though it is very expensive it can make a token of a creature you control which is invaluable to your wincon.
Lanzo493 on Paths of Pain Commander
1 year ago
When I think of Nagato, the card that comes to mind is K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth since he uses his life as a means for power. Reminds me of Nagato and how messed up his body ends up being. But being mono black wouldn't let you represent his other abilities effectively. I would use Jodah, Archmage Eternal since he has that "I can do anything" feel that Nagato has with all of his insane abilities.
As far as the attractive and repulsive forcers are concerned, I think of Kira, Great Glass-Spinner, Erayo, Soratami Ascendant Flip Mass Manipulation, Perplexing Chimera, etc.
The summoning Pain can be represented by Tooth and Nail, Genesis Wave, and the like.
Absorbing chakra sounds like Mana Drain, Draining Whelk, Plasm Capture, and Spell Swindle.
Mind's Dilation could work for reading a person's mind. There's also Sen Triplets.
Living Death, Necromantic Selection, Ruinous Ultimatum, Eerie Ultimatum, and many other cards can represent his control over life and death.
mattzim666 on Maelstrom Wanderer Chaos Reigns Supreme!
1 year ago
I think you should cut: Brutalizer Exarch, Conduit of Ruin, Frost Titan, Giant Adephage, Myr Battlesphere, Oblivion Sower, Pelakka Wurm, Phyrexian Ingester, Rashmi, Eternities Crafter, Rattleclaw Mystic, Sagu Mauler, Simic Sky Swallower, Sphinx Ambassador, Stalking Vengeance, Tornado Elemental, Plasm Capture, Pandemonium, Sunken Hope, Tezzeret the Seeker, Chromatic Lantern, Darksteel Ingot, Disaster Radius, Explosive Vegetation, Heat Shimmer, Rude Awakening, and Spelltwine. As for lands, I do think you should replace: Izzet Boilerworks, Spawning Bed, and Temple of the False God.
I think you should add: Temur Sabertooth, Genesis Ultimatum, Etali, Primal Storm, Skyshroud Claim, Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma, Sakura-Tribe Elder, Chaos Warp, Klauth, Unrivaled Ancient, Terror of the Peaks, Kodama of the East Tree, Reclamation Sage, Kogla, the Titan Ape, Consecrated Sphinx, Selvala, Heart of the Wilds, Wood Elves, Ilharg, the Raze-Boar, Diluvian Primordial, Prime Speaker Zegana, Release to the Wind, Return of the Wildspeaker, Nature's Lore, Three Visits, Garruk's Uprising, Guardian Project, Unnatural Growth, and Arcane Signet.
I do think one option that you have is replacing all signets with mana dorks like Birds of Paradise, Llanowar Elves, and Elvish Mystic
If you are able to find more slots, I think you should consider: Hullbreaker Horror, Thryx, the Sudden Storm (dependent on count of spells with 5 cmc or more), Soothsaying, Mulldrifter, Beast Whisperer (dependent on final count of creatures), Rishkar's Expertise, Turntimber Symbiosis Flip, See the Unwritten, Balefire Dragon, Scourge of the Throne, Bane of Progress (I feel like you do not have a ton of high value artifacts or enchantments that would cause this to cripple you), Momir Vig, Simic Visionary, and Genesis Storm.
Phule451 on Ooze Tribal
1 year ago
Ochre Jelly seems like a must in this deck. You seem light on both ramp and card draw. Bounty of the Luxa can help you with both of those. I’d also toss in a few mana rocks, at least the basics like Sol Ring Arcane Signet ans Simic Signet. Plasm Capture can also foil your foes’ plans but help you cast a chunky ooze. Speaking of basics, Command Tower is a cheap untapped duel land.
Shaffe_House on This Land is my Land
1 year ago
Other Cards that you could consider cutting
- Ondu Giant => Seedguide Ash this card is one more mana expsive and has to die inorder to get the lands, but could be such a good upside. This dieing with your commander reads ramp 3 draw 3 cards and gain 3 life
- Soratami Mirror-Guard I get what you are doing here, but I feel like there are better payoffs for this
- Timbermaw Larva => Rampaging Brontodon trample is 1,000% better on this card
- Wakeroot Elemental 5 greens for a 5/5? way overcosted
- Wave-Wing Elemental again similar argument to Windrider Eel not that big of an impact
- Wild Wanderer good but could have better options
- Aetherflux Reservoir I know this is good in commander but why? No synergy at all, there has to be a better card slot here
- Elixir of Immortality I used to put this in all of my decks too, but it is counter productive to your stragay with cards like Splendid Reclamation and The Mending of Dominaria
- Wayfarer's Bauble There is better ramp than this in green
- I see why you have Jiang Yanggu but I feel like there is stronger cards than that. I cut the card to tutor Journey for the Elixir for him sorry :(
- There are a bunch of other better than Ranger's Path you could add, I'll show them in the recommendations
- Future Sight and Ominous Seas both seem strange here. I get future sight can draw cards, BUT I feel you should use mana sinks rather than off the top of your library draw
- Ghostly Flicker is on thin ice, like yes you have all the etb creatures but sometimes it is a dead card. meh at best?
Other Cards that you could consider adding
This is where the fun begins and your wallet cries
- You want Nissa, Who Shakes the World great card, it is a mana doubler ramp, and also you just win with the ultimate
- I heard you like ramp try Tireless Provisioner and pick up one for me while you are at it please
- Here is a gaint list of green ramp Harrow , Growth Spiral , Explore , Khalni Heart Expedition , Roiling Regrowth , Grow from the Ashes , Urban Evolution , Migration Path , Natural Connection , Nissa's Renewal , Nylea's Intervention , Spring / Mind , Animist's Awakening , Omen of the Hunt
- Keeping your life total at a high level Kazandu Nectarpot , Grazing Gladehart , Retreat to Kazandu , Jaddi Offshoot
- Mana Sinks, you are going to have a lot of mana, might as well do something with it Kamahl's Druidic Vow ummm.... yes? Kefnet the Mindful one of my favorite Gods, that doesn't have a place. I look forward to getting attacked by him Sprout Swarm it is really easy for this card to be "free"
Win Cons Blackblade Reforged yes, all the yes Kamahl’s Will All the lands become creatures lol Crash of Rhino Beetles oh crap a 15/15 oh no Oran-Rief Hydra meh, but it could be good?
Other just good cards Frilled Mystic , Trygon Predator , Plasm Capture Gush , Tragic Lesson , Simic Charm , Rampage of the Clans
That is all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure I'll have more la
DemonDragonJ on Elemental Storm
1 year ago
I have replaced Plasm Capture with Insidious Will , which was a replacement that I was sad to make, but the latter card suits the theme of this deck far better than did the former.
|Want (5)||Tiertanas , Amaterasu312 , AjaxSlumbering , TechNoble , Mikarynu|