|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Zombie
Tap five untapped Zombies you control: Put target creature card from a graveyard onto the battlefield under your control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Gravespawn Sovereign Discussion
1 month ago
So i've been considering getting Cryptic Gateway and Sundial of the Infinite cause the shenanigans that this allows for is absolutely ridiculous. Gonna explain a few quick scenarios so that way this hopefully makes sense.
- **Opening Hand** 3 basic lands to pay for creature, Sol Ring, Goblin Electromancer or Harbinger of the Tides, Wanderwine Prophets, Cryptic Gateway.
- **Turn 1** Play land, cast Sol Ring.
- **Turn 2** Play basic land, durdle if you've drawn anything good. In the event you manage to draw a Sundial, this is the turn to do it.
- **Turn 3** Play basic land, cast Cryptic Gateway for 5
- **Turn 4** Play basic land, Tap 2 lands and pay for creature, pay 1 to make copy. Tap both copies of creature to cheat out Wanderwine Prophets. Pay 1 to make copy, Champion original, Move to Combat with the Copy, If attack succeeds, sac the copy, pay 1 to make copy again, move to end step, copy fizzles, pay 1 again to make new copy that lasts into next turn and then go infinite. In the event you got Sundial and played it, you can also pay 1 to end the turn instead of going to end step and it has the same effect.
- It's extremely situational but example of how this card can absolutely break games and be a stax piece honestly. I was test playing it against my Zombie Deck and had the weirdest stuff happen. I had Sundial and Intruder Alarm on the battlefield already, and I played Puppeteer Clique and copied it. I took Lich Lord of Unx and Gravespawn Sovereign from the graveyard and made 3 tokens with Lich Lord. Tapped the five of them and took every single creature out of both graveyards and suddenly had a field of about 20 creatures. Making copies of any wizards along the way.
1 month ago
Woah, that is one hell of a God!
Gisa and Geralf might be nice too!
Finally Gravespawn Sovereign lets you steal any big boys from your opponent's graveyard without them becoming 4/4s!
Happy brainfeasting! Lol. ;0)
3 months ago
First I recommend taking out: Havengul Runebinder, Cemetery Recruitment, Undead Alchemist, Nantuko Husk, Geralf's Masterpiece, Geralf's Mindcrusher, Ashes of the Fallen, Perpetual Timepiece, Secrets of the Dead, Ancient Excavation, Murder, Compelling Deterrence, Liliana's Mastery, Obelisk of Urd, Graf Harvest, and Zombie Infestation, Ghoulcaller's Chant,
Cards that you should put in: Gravecrawler, Gravespawn Sovereign, Gray Merchant of Asphodel, Grave Pact, Unholy Grotto, Sidisi, Undead Vizier, Living Death, Cryptbreaker, Death Baron, Phyrexian Reclamation, High Market, Corpse Harvester, Balthor the Defiled, Reassembling Skeleton, Skullclamp, Grave Defiler, Graveborn Muse, Zombie Apocalypse, Crypt of Agadeem, Geier Reach Sanitarium, Reliquary Tower, Bojuka Bog, Diabolic Intent, Patriarch's Bidding, and Demonic Tutor.
If you are really trying to stay Timmy with the deck, then I won't recommend Phyrexian Altar because it goes infinite with Gravecrawler and any kind of death/ETB trigger, but then again, it does it with Rooftop Storm and a sac outlet too.
Other cards that can be really good in zombies include: Sheoldred, Whispering One, Corpse Connoisseur, Zombie Trailblazer, Twilight's Call, Geth, Lord of the Vault, Demonic Collusion, Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet, Scourge of Nel Toth, River Kelpie, Phyrexian Arena, Attrition, Kokusho, the Evening Star, Burnished Hart, Disciple of Bolas, Harvester of Souls, Damnation, Rune-Scarred Demon, Phenax, God of Deception, Beacon of Unrest, Corpse Augur, Palace Siege, Infernal Caretaker, Contamination, Plague Belcher, Vengeful Dead, Dread Wanderer, Boneknitter, Grimoire of the Dead, Pontiff of Blight, Custodi Lich
4 months ago
Gravespawn Sovereign seems cool, I don't know if you want to go that route though. Also, Noxious Ghoul is a great card, if you're creating large quantities of zombies. Either one of these cards seems better than Custodi Lich.
5 months ago
6 months ago
Ok, first off, your deck has 2 too many cards, you'll need to cut those. Secondly, I think you'll find you have too few lands to be consistent. Next, I believe there are better zombies. Here's a few. I don't know what your budget is, so some of these may be a bit pricey.
Other card suggestions.
Skullclamp If you have Gravecrawler, it's a 2 mana draw 2.
Dictate of Erebos A good way to keep opponents locked down.
Thornbite Staff Combined with Gisa, you can keep pumping out zombies at a MUCH faster rate
Coat of Arms The ultimate buff to a tribal deck.
Hope that helps!
6 months ago
(Note: My playgroup is casual but with the heat turned up)
In playing AINT NO PARTY like an UNDEAD party.., I have taken a liking to getting out my general and Rooftop Storm, and then casting Sidisi, Undead Vizier, exploiting Sidisi to herself, and getting a bunch of free bodies out. I search out Possessed Skaab, Phyrexian Delver, and Gravespawn Sovereign, return sidisi to my hand, cast sidisi again. I re-use sidisi as much as I can, Including once from the general. The last thing I plop down is Gray Merchant of Asphodel for a big effect.
I'm planning on adding Gravedigger, and Sibsig Muckdraggers as additional creatures to chain together. I'm also going to add Mikaeus, the Unhallowed, Phyrexian Reclamation, Havengul Lich and Panharmonicon to help enable the overall plan. Don't really want to run Ghoulraiser since it's random and my grave is likely to be somewhat full.
I was wondering if there are any creatures (they have to be zombies for it to work, since it relies on Rooftop Storm allowing me to cast for free) that I missed that have an effect like Gravedigger.
If anything else pops into your brain related to the shenanigans I'd love to hear that as well.