|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Zombie
Tap five untapped Zombies you control: Put target creature card from a graveyard onto the battlefield under your control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (6)||rebelteddybear , Spinalripper , SketchyScribbler , Fairseas , Thunderbeard , Mortiferus_Rosa|
|Want (6)||klokwurk , sombrevivo , Maulhawk , indiefan , Stevodays , fireborne1986|
Gravespawn Sovereign Discussion
2 months ago
You justification is totally on point and I understand why you wouldn't want to cut anything for it. I form attachments to certain cards (pet cards I guess), and I try to find ways to work them in, even if there are better cards. Strength of Night falls in this category for me. Kind of like me cramming Felidar Sovereign in to any white deck that even hints at life gain... I have only come close to that alt win con once...ever.
I also have a weakness for the old-school foil border only cards (Urza's Legacy thru Scourge).
Did you give any thought to Glissa, the Traitor? I know you are not heavy on artifacts, but if you even ignore that part, 3 for an on tribe 3/3 first strike, deathtouch is sick. I would suggest cutting Gravespawn Sovereign for it and then cutting a land and adding Journey to Eternity Flip to make up for the lost recursion/land. Lowers you curve too. Not that you asked for my opinion. :P
I like this deck!
3 months ago
You have a lot of cards that are good in their own right but not very in this deck, or Sidisi decks in general. An example of this is Tasigur, the Golden Fang as while it does get you some mill, you probably are going to be handed some shitty card that isnt going to help your situation. Evacuation is another example. You usually dont want a bounce as you will be losing all of your tokens that Sidisi generated. The deck also suffers from a lack of recursion. I see 10 cards that allow you to bring back cards from your graveyard and some of them like Demon of Dark Schemes and Gravespawn Sovereign arent very good. The last thing I noticed is that you arent running cards that benefit you from being in the graveyard, like Wonder. Try checking out other Sidisi decks on tappedout to see what some decks look like as most of them follow the same standard. There are some interesting cards here that I never considered for Sidisi like Grim Flayer and this deck has a lot of potential but it needs some refining and focusing on one way to win, as you're all over the place here.
4 months ago
For starters, never play any card that only gains you life once Chaplain's Blessing. Especially in commander.
Take a look at your non zombie creatures, and with each one ask yourself "what does this do for my zombies?" Ex. "What does Avacyn, Angel of Hope do for my zombies? She gives them indestructible!"
Finally, my actual suggestions for cards to put in. Cemetery Reaper, Rooftop Storm, Death Baron, Diregraf Captain, Gempalm Polluter, Ghoulraiser, Gravecrawler, Gravespawn Sovereign, Lich Lord of Unx, Lord of the Undead, Risen Executioner, Undead Warchief, Zombie Master, Ghoulcaller Gisa, Gisa and Geralf, The Scarab God, Anointed Procession, Call to the Grave, Dread Summons, Grave Titan, and Endless Ranks of the Dead
5 months ago
So i've been considering getting Cryptic Gateway and Sundial of the Infinite cause the shenanigans that this allows for is absolutely ridiculous. Gonna explain a few quick scenarios so that way this hopefully makes sense.
- **Opening Hand** 3 basic lands to pay for creature, Sol Ring, Goblin Electromancer or Harbinger of the Tides, Wanderwine Prophets, Cryptic Gateway.
- **Turn 1** Play land, cast Sol Ring.
- **Turn 2** Play basic land, durdle if you've drawn anything good. In the event you manage to draw a Sundial, this is the turn to do it.
- **Turn 3** Play basic land, cast Cryptic Gateway for 5
- **Turn 4** Play basic land, Tap 2 lands and pay for creature, pay 1 to make copy. Tap both copies of creature to cheat out Wanderwine Prophets. Pay 1 to make copy, Champion original, Move to Combat with the Copy, If attack succeeds, sac the copy, pay 1 to make copy again, move to end step, copy fizzles, pay 1 again to make new copy that lasts into next turn and then go infinite. In the event you got Sundial and played it, you can also pay 1 to end the turn instead of going to end step and it has the same effect.
- It's extremely situational but example of how this card can absolutely break games and be a stax piece honestly. I was test playing it against my Zombie Deck and had the weirdest stuff happen. I had Sundial and Intruder Alarm on the battlefield already, and I played Puppeteer Clique and copied it. I took Lich Lord of Unx and Gravespawn Sovereign from the graveyard and made 3 tokens with Lich Lord. Tapped the five of them and took every single creature out of both graveyards and suddenly had a field of about 20 creatures. Making copies of any wizards along the way.
5 months ago
Woah, that is one hell of a God!
Gisa and Geralf might be nice too!
Finally Gravespawn Sovereign lets you steal any big boys from your opponent's graveyard without them becoming 4/4s!
Happy brainfeasting! Lol. ;0)
7 months ago
First I recommend taking out: Havengul Runebinder, Cemetery Recruitment, Undead Alchemist, Nantuko Husk, Geralf's Masterpiece, Geralf's Mindcrusher, Ashes of the Fallen, Perpetual Timepiece, Secrets of the Dead, Ancient Excavation, Murder, Compelling Deterrence, Liliana's Mastery, Obelisk of Urd, Graf Harvest, and Zombie Infestation, Ghoulcaller's Chant,
Cards that you should put in: Gravecrawler, Gravespawn Sovereign, Gray Merchant of Asphodel, Grave Pact, Unholy Grotto, Sidisi, Undead Vizier, Living Death, Cryptbreaker, Death Baron, Phyrexian Reclamation, High Market, Corpse Harvester, Balthor the Defiled, Reassembling Skeleton, Skullclamp, Grave Defiler, Graveborn Muse, Zombie Apocalypse, Crypt of Agadeem, Geier Reach Sanitarium, Reliquary Tower, Bojuka Bog, Diabolic Intent, Patriarch's Bidding, and Demonic Tutor.
If you are really trying to stay Timmy with the deck, then I won't recommend Phyrexian Altar because it goes infinite with Gravecrawler and any kind of death/ETB trigger, but then again, it does it with Rooftop Storm and a sac outlet too.
Other cards that can be really good in zombies include: Sheoldred, Whispering One, Corpse Connoisseur, Zombie Trailblazer, Twilight's Call, Geth, Lord of the Vault, Demonic Collusion, Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet, Scourge of Nel Toth, River Kelpie, Phyrexian Arena, Attrition, Kokusho, the Evening Star, Burnished Hart, Disciple of Bolas, Harvester of Souls, Damnation, Rune-Scarred Demon, Phenax, God of Deception, Beacon of Unrest, Corpse Augur, Palace Siege, Infernal Caretaker, Contamination, Plague Belcher, Vengeful Dead, Dread Wanderer, Boneknitter, Grimoire of the Dead, Pontiff of Blight, Custodi Lich
8 months ago
Gravespawn Sovereign seems cool, I don't know if you want to go that route though. Also, Noxious Ghoul is a great card, if you're creating large quantities of zombies. Either one of these cards seems better than Custodi Lich.