|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Alara Reborn (ARB)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Lich Lord of Unx
Creature — Zombie Wizard
U,B, Tap: Put a 1/1 blue and black Zombie Wizard creature token onto the battlefield.
2U,2B: Target player loses X life and puts the top X cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard, where X is the number of Zombies you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Lich Lord of Unx Discussion
5 days ago
A really cool list! As far as reccomendation goes, I've made a list of cards I would consider when making a Dimir Mill deck. I've included a short explanation to all the cards to express my opinion on them!
Mind Grind has the potential to mill a lot, especially in the late game!
Sanity Grinding is pretty cool and can screw someone up if you get a lot of blue mana symbols.
Dire Undercurrents, while useless by itself, can quickly become a nuisance if it sticks on the board for multiple turns.
Ghastlord of Fugue gets in whether your opponents like it or not. In addition to hitting for at least 4 a turn, you get to unconditionally exile the best cards in your opponents' hands.
Lich Lord of Unx gets pretty good as a mana sink in the late game. In the early game, he can sit back and spawn chump blockers. This card might not be the best in your current deck though, as it requires a focus on Zombies to become good. But I mentioned it anyway so that you know that this card exists.
Mirko Vosk, Mind Drinker is pretty good when he gets in. He doesn't have the most impressive body, but he mills at least 4 cards upon dealing combat damage to a player.
Nightveil Specter works in a similar manner to Mirko. However you can actually play the cards exiled with it. Note that you can't spend mana as it was of any color to cast the exiled cards!
Oona, Queen of the Fae is dumb and people are going to hate you forever if you play her. The hate is justified though, as she has a really strong milling ability and can clog up the board with tokens. Hated or not, she is very strong!
Perplex might not be the best counterspell out there, but it can trip an opponent up. It also has the strange but useful Transmute ability that lets you tutor for a card with the same CMC as Perplex. Note that while this card is an Instant in itself, you can only Transmute as a Sorcery!
Memory Plunder lets you cast any instant or sorcery in your opponents' graveyards. It even is a spell that lets you cast sorceries at instant speed! Imagine having access to instant speed In Garruk's Wake and Time Stretch!
Havengul Lich allows you to cast creatures from any graveyard and copies their activated abilities until end of turn. Just imagine reanimating a Helldozer and suddenly being able to kill all the lands! Note that just like Nightveil Specter, you can't spend mana as if it was of any color to cast the creatures!
Isleback Spawn is a bomb, no doubt about that! If your milling plan is going as it should be, this Kraken becomes a gigantic 8/16 for 7 mana! It even has Shroud to protect itself. This card is one of Phenax's best friends, especially when its toughness is 16.
Sire of Stagnation is a very good creature for these kind of decks. It doesn't even really need to do anything, it just sits there and diminishes your opponents' decks two cards at a time. In the worst case, it eats a removal spell or a counterspell. Its nice toughness is appreciated by Phenax. Note that the draw ability is not a "may"! You may find yourself having to discard if it gets out of hand. Should this card seem interesting to you, then it might be a good idea to include cards that increase your hand size, such as Reliquary Tower
Lastly Tree of Perdition has the power to put an opponent within kill range. Is your opponent playing lifegain and sitting safely on a three digit life total? Not anymore! In addition, it combos really well with Phenax, God of Deception!
I hope some of these cards seem interesting and that they help you with your deck! :)
1 month ago
Paradox Haze seems pretty good with the god.
Overall, I would try to find some room for some synergistic mill. It really does feed your engine so well.
Siren of the Silent Song
Geth, Lord of the Vault
Lich Lord of Unx
Extract from Darkness
Mindcrank - combine with Bloodchief Ascension for combo goodness if you're into that
I also like adding the Fleshbag Marauder / Mimic Vat combo if both pieces are relevant, and they certainly would be here. Gray Merchant of Asphodel is a zombie.
And it is an awesome feeling getting the Gravecrawler // Corpse Harvester thing going. :)
1 month ago
2 months ago
For zombies: Prized Amalgam, Shepherd of Rot, maybe a Siren of the Silent Song for some discard stax, Withered Wretch/Crypt Creeper for additional gy hate , Cryptbreaker, Lich Lord of Unx , Lord of the Accursed, Vesper Ghoul
2 months ago
Hey dude, this is absolutely definitely not a bad deck for a beginner brewer. It does seem a lot more focused on creating and sacrificing zombies than milling opponents though. Have you already bought these cards? If not, I can try to suggest some budget alternatives if you'd prefer.
Vampiric Tutor is another nice cheap tutor for fetching Phenax or the likes out of the deck if you'd like. If you do want to go more down the milling route, then I can recommend a few good cards. Mind Funeral, Mind Grind, Increasing Confusion and Traumatize are some classics, and Keening Stone isn't so useful at the start but can completely remove an opponent's library later on if you've already put some work into milling them. Jace, Memory Adept also has a really annoying 0 ability and some card draw in his +1 if you need it. Fascination is also pretty neat.
Undead Alchemist is a great card in a zombie mill deck, and Lich Lord of Unx is pretty neat too. Szadek, Lord of Secrets isn't initially a zombie but puts in some work if the opponents have no flying creatures.
3 months ago
Considering your deck's theme, I'd suggest making the following cuts:
- Abhorrent Overlord; there are cheaper ways to generate tokens
- Blood Tyrant; nice creature but doesn't seem to fit in this deck's theme
- Malfegor; this fits better into a Nekusar wheel-deck
- Prince of Thralls; expensive to cast and most players will pay the three life anyway if they think you're getting something that makes you too strong.
- Rakshasa Gravecaller; too expensive CMC for what it does.
- Rune-Scarred Demon; tutoring is always nice, but there are cheaper ways to do this; consider adding Beseech the Queen instead.
- Sepulchral Primordial; nice but imho too expensive to cast for what it does.
- Triskelion; sure, it goes infinite with Mikaeus, the Unhallowed on the table. But every player in the world knows this and as soon as either Mikaeus or Trisk enters the field, you can be pretty sure every player using blue or red will have counterspells waiting for the other half of the combo. Even worse, opponents will often let you use your tutors to get the other half of the combo, and then counter your casting of the combo piece; which results in you losing your tutor for nothing.
As for additions:
- Burnished Hart and Solemn Simulacrum; much needed ramp for this color combination;
- Gravecrawler; bit expensive to buy, but very handy considering your sac theme;
- Cemetery Reaper; pours on GY-hate, gives all your zombies a bonus AND produces relatively cheap tokens, what more could you ask for?
- Lich Lord of Unx; nice token generator;
- Nightscape Familiar; nice, cheap utility creature that you can regenerate;
- Undead Alchemist; more GY-hate and another nice token generator to boot.
- Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet; one of the best creatures you could add, but he's a bit expensive ...
- Lord of the Undead; also a bit expensive, but the bonus and that recursion could really be worth it.
While we're on the topic of getting more bang for your buck, I'd also suggest getting rid of all of your sorceries, except for Chainer's Edict and Diabolic Tutor. In their stead I'd suggest some cheap counterspells and removal, Barter in Blood and some more zombie-token generator spells like Syphon Flesh and Dark Salvation. Also, add some more ramp if you can, like Commander's Sphere.
3 months ago
These are options from EDRec.com
Sidisi, Brood Tyrant - Tutors on a death touch beater.
Drowned Catacomb - Great land.
Forgotten Creation WOW, this card seems great for this deck.
Rhystic Study - Please don't.
CARD I AM NOT TOO FOND OF:
Stoneforge Masterwork - I think you would get more value from a Zombie Lord.
Profaner of the Dead - This card seems out of place. What are you looking for this card to do?
Smuggler's Copter - There are simple and better ways to filter/draw.
Drunau Corpse Trawler - Lack luster.
Siren of the Silent Song - A potential cut.