|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Lich Lord of Unx
Creature — Zombie Wizard
U,B, Tap: Put a 1/1 blue and black Zombie Wizard creature token onto the battlefield.
2U,2B: Target player loses X life and puts the top X cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard, where X is the number of Zombies you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Lich Lord of Unx Discussion
4 days ago
1 week ago
For zombies: Prized Amalgam, Shepherd of Rot, maybe a Siren of the Silent Song for some discard stax, Withered Wretch/Crypt Creeper for additional gy hate , Cryptbreaker, Lich Lord of Unx , Lord of the Accursed, Vesper Ghoul
1 week ago
Hey dude, this is absolutely definitely not a bad deck for a beginner brewer. It does seem a lot more focused on creating and sacrificing zombies than milling opponents though. Have you already bought these cards? If not, I can try to suggest some budget alternatives if you'd prefer.
Vampiric Tutor is another nice cheap tutor for fetching Phenax or the likes out of the deck if you'd like. If you do want to go more down the milling route, then I can recommend a few good cards. Mind Funeral, Mind Grind, Increasing Confusion and Traumatize are some classics, and Keening Stone isn't so useful at the start but can completely remove an opponent's library later on if you've already put some work into milling them. Jace, Memory Adept also has a really annoying 0 ability and some card draw in his +1 if you need it. Fascination is also pretty neat.
Undead Alchemist is a great card in a zombie mill deck, and Lich Lord of Unx is pretty neat too. Szadek, Lord of Secrets isn't initially a zombie but puts in some work if the opponents have no flying creatures.
1 month ago
Considering your deck's theme, I'd suggest making the following cuts:
- Abhorrent Overlord; there are cheaper ways to generate tokens
- Blood Tyrant; nice creature but doesn't seem to fit in this deck's theme
- Malfegor; this fits better into a Nekusar wheel-deck
- Prince of Thralls; expensive to cast and most players will pay the three life anyway if they think you're getting something that makes you too strong.
- Rakshasa Gravecaller; too expensive CMC for what it does.
- Rune-Scarred Demon; tutoring is always nice, but there are cheaper ways to do this; consider adding Beseech the Queen instead.
- Sepulchral Primordial; nice but imho too expensive to cast for what it does.
- Triskelion; sure, it goes infinite with Mikaeus, the Unhallowed on the table. But every player in the world knows this and as soon as either Mikaeus or Trisk enters the field, you can be pretty sure every player using blue or red will have counterspells waiting for the other half of the combo. Even worse, opponents will often let you use your tutors to get the other half of the combo, and then counter your casting of the combo piece; which results in you losing your tutor for nothing.
As for additions:
- Burnished Hart and Solemn Simulacrum; much needed ramp for this color combination;
- Gravecrawler; bit expensive to buy, but very handy considering your sac theme;
- Cemetery Reaper; pours on GY-hate, gives all your zombies a bonus AND produces relatively cheap tokens, what more could you ask for?
- Lich Lord of Unx; nice token generator;
- Nightscape Familiar; nice, cheap utility creature that you can regenerate;
- Undead Alchemist; more GY-hate and another nice token generator to boot.
- Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet; one of the best creatures you could add, but he's a bit expensive ...
- Lord of the Undead; also a bit expensive, but the bonus and that recursion could really be worth it.
While we're on the topic of getting more bang for your buck, I'd also suggest getting rid of all of your sorceries, except for Chainer's Edict and Diabolic Tutor. In their stead I'd suggest some cheap counterspells and removal, Barter in Blood and some more zombie-token generator spells like Syphon Flesh and Dark Salvation. Also, add some more ramp if you can, like Commander's Sphere.
1 month ago
These are options from EDRec.com
Sidisi, Brood Tyrant - Tutors on a death touch beater.
Drowned Catacomb - Great land.
Forgotten Creation WOW, this card seems great for this deck.
Rhystic Study - Please don't.
CARD I AM NOT TOO FOND OF:
Stoneforge Masterwork - I think you would get more value from a Zombie Lord.
Profaner of the Dead - This card seems out of place. What are you looking for this card to do?
Smuggler's Copter - There are simple and better ways to filter/draw.
Drunau Corpse Trawler - Lack luster.
Siren of the Silent Song - A potential cut.
2 months ago
Shad0wRaz0r By half zombies I meant the theme of the deck. I only actually play 7 zombie creatures, and they play supporting roles. I don't think Rooftop Storm actually does that much. My main zombie generators are Endless Ranks of the Dead, Ghoulcaller Gisa, and The Scarab God himself. These three fuel his first ability as well as Lich Lord of Unx's second ability.
2 months ago
i agree Lich Lord of Unx is very good in ur deck i think. if u have alot of mana going around then u could do ALOT of good with that card. i have been wanting that card for a while now actually.