Lich Lord of Unx
Creature — Zombie Wizard
U,B, Tap: Put a 1/1 blue and black Zombie Wizard creature token onto the battlefield.
2U,2B: Target player loses X life and puts the top X cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard, where X is the number of Zombies you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Lich Lord of Unx Discussion
1 week ago
looks like a solid deck! I have a couple ideas that i hope will improve your deck!
Fleshbag Marauder is super good!
Grimgrin, Corpse-Born is great!
Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon seems out of place
Rise from the Tides seems out of place as well
Call to the Grave is very good
Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet isn't a zombie but makes them and provides a good effect for commander!
Maybe add a some sources of life gain as well, Whip of Erebos is a good one
2 weeks ago
Meren of Clan Nel Toth and Ezuri, Claw of Progress might make good additions to your deck. Brawn and Wonder both make great cards to discard or let Sidisi, Brood Tyrant mill and get their abilities.Morbid Curiosity with some of your Grave Pact type of cards could mean a great value. Novijen, Heart of Progress seems like good deck tech. High Market is a good way for you to get a little life back. Blighted Woodland is actually better than it looks. Perpetual Timepiece helps with your self mill. Elixir of Immortality in case you go too hard on the self mill. The Gitrog Monster because he's annoying af. Nyx Weaver more graveyard manipulation. Massacre Wurm is good. Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord possible win con. Gisa and Geralf need to be able to use your graveyard as a resource. Zombie Apocalypse. Deadbridge Chant let's you use your graveyard as resource.Mikaeus, the Unhallowed so good. Risen Executioner another buff on a stick. Splinterfright more self mill. Evanescent Intellect let's sidisi mill without swinging. Extractor Demon could give you self mill your help you mill out an opponent.Mirror-Mad Phantasm and Hermit Druid both synergize well with sidisi. Laboratory Maniac as a safety net if you go too hard. Empty the Pits 4 mana plus your whole graveyard at an opponents end step could be stupid crazy. Eternal Witness grabbing what you need from your graveyard. Blood Artist makes all of those toekns even scarier as they are 2 point swings no matter what. Mesmeric Orb just have everyone mill. See the Unwritten this could do some work for you. Pharika's Mender another way to grab something from your graveyard. Deadwood Treefolk same as last card. Phyrexian Reclamation. Dig Through Time. Recollect. Praetor's Counsel all make your graveyard resource. Cellar Door. Eldrazi Monument. Distant Melody.Gaea's Blessing. Jarad's Orders.Unbreathing Horde. Lich Lord of Unx.
3 weeks ago
It is completely possible to build a UB zombie/spirit control deck but I'm not sure how competitive it would be. Just did a quick search and (within modern) other than Soul Separator, Graveborn Muse, and Haunted Dead, there isn't a large intersection between the two tribes
I've seen some decent UW spirit control decks before using Geist of Saint Traft, Spell Queller, Mausoleum Wanderer, Rattlechains and Selfless Spirit with some other removal, cantrips, and counterspells as backup. Spell queller is so good in spirit control I almost wonder if it would make sense to do U/W/B instead, the problem is it would make your mana pretty awkward.
As for zombies, I could see a deck that grinds people out in the long game with Endless Ranks of the Dead, Lich Lord of Unx, and Graveborn Muse. Also a lot of people forget that Undead Warchief is the only one of its cycle to be modern legal (thank you time spiral block)
Putting them together though might be a bit tricky as the zombie cards don't care about spirits and visa versa. Definitely doable if you want to commit to flavor though.
There exist lords in both tribes:
Also soulshift and much of the kamigawa block had a spirits theme across all 5 colors. The soulshift mechanic might be nice (some of the better ones were in green imo). Here's an example of soulshift: Thief of Hope
Zombies: Diregraf Captain, Cemetery Reaper, Diregraf Colossus (technically not a lord but close enough), Undead Warchief, Death Baron(not the best for budget reasons), Lord of the Undead and Risen Executioner
Also bonus flavor points if you run Zombie Apocalypse
Sorry if his wasn't as straight forward as you were looking for. I think I rambled a bit. Does this help or were you looking for something else?
1 month ago
Enchantments: Oversold Cemetery
1 month ago
Cards like Gempalm Polluter and Lich Lord of Unx can be great win-cons in a zombie deck. Also, Vengeful Dead is very useful against board wipes. In fact, you can use him with your own board wipe to deal a lot of damage. I use them in my own Sidisi deck and they are brutal.
1 month ago
Your current build seems unfocused. Your deck is split in two ways of attacking the opponent. Your attacking your opponent library with semi-aggressive milling cards like Altar of the Brood, Memory Erosion and Jace's Phantasm. Simultanously, you want to have defensive creature so that your combo of Undead Alchemist and Alter of the Brood works.
Most of the suggestions you've gotten so far, has been expand of the mill strategy with Jace's Phantasm and Memory Erosion as most important cards of this plan. I will suggest cards, that might help you build an aggressive Zombie Milling with the combo you likely love of Undead Alchemist and Altar of the Brood
Creatures you might want: Gravecrawler Geralf's Messenger Geth, Lord of the Vault Fleshbag Marauder Diregraf Ghoul Cryptbreaker Dregscape Zombie Lifebane Zombie Relentless Dead Risen Executioner Unbreathing Horde Undead Warchief Diregraf Captain Prized Amalgam Lich Lord of Unx
1 month ago
Hey Supahpikmin, I edited my deck to take your suggestions and some from another person helping me with this. Specifically, I:
- Removed those you suggested
- Replaced 2 Black Cat with 2 Relentless Dead
- Added 2 Cemetery Reaper
- Replaced 2 Diregraf Ghoul with 2 Gravecrawler
- Replaced 3 Undead Alchemist with 3 Havengul Runebinder
- Replaced 2 Ghoulraiser with 2 Cemetery Recruitment
- Added 4 Lich Lord of Unx
- Cut the number of Screeching Skaab by 1 to make room for other cards
- Added 2 Shamble Back
- Added 2 Call to the Grave
- Added 2 more Endless Ranks of the Dead
- Cut the number of Cellar Door by 1 to make room for other cards
I think that's everything, anyway. Any suggestions for the updated deck?
1 month ago
So Here's a few suggestions for you, though the numbers probably won't add up:
What you should take out
Cruel Revival is a very costly kill spell, even if it does return zombies, there are other means of killing creatures and getting more zombies. Drop 2.
Reap the Seagraf Not the best since it's 3 mana for one zombie, and 5 for one more. I'd drop them all.
- Zombie Infestation is just kinda bad. Your draw power is not strong enough to use this too often. Drop them all.
- Undead Alchemist is a weird one. It lets you gain more and more zombies, however, once it's out, you shift gears from damage to mill. If it works for you, it works, but if you really need to drop something, it's this.
- Abattoir Ghoul hits on turn 5, meaning it's likely that another deck will have a way to handle it by then, be it a kill spell or strong blocker. I'd drop them both.
What you should add:
- Call to the Grave is, in my opinion, better than Cruel Revival because it kills an enemy creature every turn, and, unless you become board wiped, it will stay on the battlefield forever. Add 2
- Cemetery Reaper is a little costlier, but is almost a straight upgrade to Reap the Seagraf because it also counts towards the number of zombies that you have.
- Cemetery Recruitment gives you draw power and return power for two mana, or Ghoulcaller's Chant returns two zombies. Add 4 in any combination.
- Drunau Corpse Trawler will give you a blue creature to work with, and can boost your other zombies. Add 2.
- Endless Ranks of the Dead is an AMAZING card. Add 2 more.
- Havengul Runebinder Although not a zombie, this guy seriously boosts what you have, at the cost of returning zombies. Add whatever you feel is appropriate
- Lich Lord of Unx is another pricy card, but it can be a win-condition for you if you play your cards right. If you can, add 4.
- Shamble Back gives you some life and a zombie. pretty nice. Add two or so.
- Grixis Grimblade is a turn 2 zombie that uses blue. You may not get much benefit from its ability, but early game is really important.
- Headless Skaab removes a creature from your graveyard, but it's a very strong blue zombie, which is good for color balance.
So that's all I got. Remember though, that this is your deck, so any and all changes are totally up to you. I have some other advice for general magic, seeing as you're a new player.
- You want as many cards of yours to work with each other as possible, especially in a zombie deck
- When thinking about what cards you have in your deck, think about the mana cost of the card and its abilities. For example, would you rather bring out another creature, draw some cards, or use an artifact's ability.
- Think about your "God Hand." If you could rig your deck to have the perfect hand and perfect order of cards drawn, how strong would you be? If you would be tough to beat, great! If not, find the flaws and fix them.