|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Rare|
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Rare|
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Target player untaps all basic lands he or she controls.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Early Harvest Discussion
4 hours ago
I think that you'll find my Spawnsire of Ulamog deck closer to what you wanted, at least with the amount of mana you need to generate to activate the second ability. Here it is: All 3, Really? That's Overkill. Instead of Elves as the main ramp sourse, i use a combination of Joraga Treespeaker, Arbor Elf, Primeval Titan, Early Harvest, and what's probably the second most important card in my deck: Vernal Bloom. Vernal Bloom paired with Primeval Titan makes for an insane amount of mana, especially if you have mana to play an Early Harvest.
4 hours ago
I'm intrigued with the simic version of the Spawnsire of Ulamog deck. I've always preferred the Mono Green version because you don't need an infinite combo to get the mana you need. You can just RAMP RAMP RAMP! Here is my mono green version of the deck: All 3, Really? That's Overkill which was ranked #35 recently. It can more effectively utilize cards like Primeval Titan, Early Harvest, and of course the big kicker, Vernal Bloom. Focusing on this deck however, one card you might want to include is From Beyond. It can search for you main wincon after making mana for it.
1 week ago
lagotripha you are completely correct. Testing is the only way I'm going to perfect this. I am glad that my swaps check out tho.
@ancientskull, you are also correct Arbor Elf would pull more weight than Elvish Mystic because it can tap for 1 or more Green whereas Elvish Mystic can only tap for 1 Green unless you lvl up Joraga Treespeaker which has never been in the gameplan. I don't think that Utopia Sprawl fit's in the deck. It has much more of an aggro playstyle, pumping out turn 2 Steel Leaf Champions and other three drops. It would basically function as abother land, allowing me for a turn 2 Omnath, Locus of Mana. What it wouldn't do however is get the ramping power off Vernal Bloom and Early Harvest. That's why I just don't think Utopia Sprawl fits in this deck.
1 week ago
@lagotripha, Thanks for the suggestons and the +1! I'm having a tough time deciding what to replace for Early Harvest. I'm thinking 2x Endless One and 1x Omnath, Locus of Mana. Is this good or should I change it around a little?
1 week ago
Alright, here goes:
- Cavern of Souls/Yavimaya Hollow - I'm getting them eventually, the foils are expensive, especially the hollow, and I've had other deck projects I've been working on.
- Hall of the Bandit Lord - it's an interesting card, and I may have to test it out.
- Miren, the Moaning Well - I already plan on getting one.
- Petrified Field - not sure on this, I just added in Ramunap Excavator and have a few other recursion tools to get back important lands.
- Tempt with Discovery - I really like this card. And I know it can get me any land. Problem is. My friends know this deck and not a single one of them will take the bait for me to get extra lands, so i think I'd rather go with your suggestion of Crop Rotation instead.
- Elemental Bond - not a fan, only because at least with packleader, it's an off rive threat on top of draw engine. But you're right, he us the weakest of my draw engines and I think Greater Good will work out, really well.
- Dryad Arbor - this card has been in my mind since I first created the deck and I both like it and hate it. I like the fact it's a 0 cost creature and a land. But at the same time. It takes my land play for the turn, and I can't tap it for mana since it has summoning sickness. So I don't know if I'll ever add it or not, but maybe I'll try it soon.
- Shamanic Revelation - I really like this card, and it'll find a home once I figure out what to take out.
- Beastmaster Ascension - great card, but not needed in this deck. I already have several backups for Kamahl in case he gets locked down, and they all add trample on top of buffing my creatures.
- Wolfbriar Elemental/Ant Queen - token production in this deck has always been passive, i.e. landfall, planeswalker, etc; it helps the deck, but it's not a focus and I don't want creatures that require lots of mana to generate tokens.
- Realms Uncharted - really just not a fan of this card, I can see it's potential. But I really just don't like it.
- Rude Awakening/Early Harvest/Magus of the Candelabra - I like being able to untap my lands. But since I'm adding in Staff of Domination, I don't think I'll need it. As I'll have several ways to infinite mana now, but you never know. I'm gonna keep these in mind just in case.
- Birthing Pod - this a great card, but my deck isn't set up to maximize how it works.
- Vernal Bloom - this affects all forests, and I hate group hug cards. Concordant Crossroads is an exception because I only play it when I cast a big genesis wave so I can win that turn.
1 week ago
1 week ago
All I can see when I look at your name is Kakarot (Goku from DBZ). Anways, since you're running mono green, your mana base could use some utility in there. I understand you need green mana for your commander's ability but some utility is key.
Cavern of Souls - 30% of your deck is creatures and you run boseju but not this?
Hall of the Bandit Lord - Haste outlet that doesnt help your opponents or take a slot in the deck. Worth considering.
Miren, the Moaning Well - Used to prevent them from stealing your commander or exiling important creatures. Life gain is always nice too :)
Petrified Field - Getting back cradle or utility land
Yavimaya Hollow - Regen your commander? Yes please! Also a RL card so good investment.
Tempt with Discovery - Gets cradle untapped (very underated card). Add it.
Crop Rotation - Helps lower your curve, find's cradle, could replace concordant crossroad at the 1 CMC slot (if you choose to add in hall of the bandit lord). Slyvan scrying is your only way to find cradle which seems to be a focal point of your deck.
Elemental Bond - Could replace Garruk packleader. While it isn't a creature to fuel cradle, it is less prone to creature removal. Then again, you say your meta has a lot of artifact enchantment removal, so it depends. Also, it only interacts with 13 creatures. At that point, you might just want to add Greater Good. Nets card advantage, acts as a sac outlet. ADD IT
Dryad Arbor - Fuels cradle and interacts with Green Sun Zenith for X = 0.
Shamanic Revelation - If you aren't taking out pack leader for elemental bond, at least take it out for this. Synergy with your token generation from your commander and avenger.
Beastmaster Ascension - EH, maybe add it. Can make your dudes huge.
You can also take this deck to a more token based strategy which is based on finding cradle and fueling it through tokens. Should you choose to do so, I would add the following...
Wolfbriar Elemental - Wolves!!!
Ant Queen - Steady token generator
Realms Uncharted - Helps you find utility lands. If you choose to add fetchlands in the deck's future, then this choose then as well. Might also want to add a crucible to provide redundancy, but thats for later.
Rude Awakening - Add it, trust me. Super ritual with built in win con
Early Harvest - Weaker version of above
Magus of the Candelabra - To untap utility lands and cheap cradle fuel
Birthing Pod - While i've never completely understood the power of this card, but you'r creature curve looks really good and you might want to consider this as an additional creature tutor to ensure consistency.
Why no vernal bloom?
I honestly didn't even mean to comment this much but your deck seems really interesting. I look forward to reviewing your thought process on these potential additions. Cheers!
1 week ago
Palinchron and any mana doubler
Brago, King Eternal is an entirely new kettle of fish
Naru Meha, Master Wizard and any flicker/copy spell
Thats all I can think of at the moment :)