|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Hour of Devastation (HOU)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
: Mirage Mirror becomes a copy of target artifact, creature, enchantment, or land until end of turn.
Mirage Mirror Discussion
1 day ago
Quick addendum after some more playtesting!
Some more thoughts on the long-term future of the deck, and some quality-of-life improvements:
- Boseiju, Who Shelters All : while it doesn't stop a Venser, Shaper Savant , it does stop the vast majority of counters from interacting with a big Exsanguinate or Torment of Hailfire . This doesn't feel great though as an early game draw, and the land base does feel a little stretched at the moment. This might not be an inclusion until after another lookover of the land base.
- Volrath's Stronghold : This could be a land substitute for Journey to Eternity Flip, allowing you to recycle creatures without having to go through the two-step process of flipping the aura.
- Beseech the Queen : Another possible tutor that can hit anything in the deck including land, not a bad topdeck lategame to find a finisher.
- Veil of Summer : I'm not 100% sold on this but it makes your spells uncounterable for a turn, on top of this it stops most spells that interact with land (such as Assassin's Trophy and Vindicate ) on top of stopping blue targeted bounce effects like Venser, Shaper Savant .
- Mirage Mirror : I was initially skeptical of this card, however after seeing it in play I'm not against it's inclusion in this archetype, the main consideration will be what is the appropriate cut?
Nevertheless, I think the deck is hitting a nice balance of keeping true to theme but remaining competitiveness at the moment.
1 week ago
4 weeks ago
She is very strong. I Haven't seen anyone else build her this way besides me! If you have it in your budget Metalworker is incredible. Lands like Hanweir Battlements , Flamekin Village , and Hall of the Bandit Lord are great for getting your Eldrazi haste. Mirage Mirror can do this with the non legendary ones if it was out the turn before. All Is Dust is usually a one sided board wipe. It hits your commander but who really cares when you have It That Betrays out. You can usually recast Saheeli and net more mana than you spent.
Here is my list. Saheeli - Requiem
Good luck and have fun (summoning terrifying unkillable monsters from beyond the void)!
1 month ago
1 month ago
Another really evocative deck! Mirage Mirror could be a fun add if you wanted to give Perseus and his shield a shout-out in the deck.
The gemstones/jewelry ramp was a really creative touch that I really liked. Really makes the flavor come through. Have you considered the new treasure token cards? Cards Vraska, Relic Seeker , Spell Swindle , Revel in Riches , Prosperous Pirates , and Depths of Desire could add a fun secondary win condition in Revel in Riches and would help the mana out a lot too! The pirate theme in the treasure cards isn't necessarily on flavor, for sure, but they could represent the maritime aspect of ancient Greece?
1 month ago
Where's the Deserted Temple ?
Mirage Mirror also combos with Dark Depths and is just general value to the deck.
1 month ago
Sol Ring Mox Opal Thran Dynamo Basalt Monolith Grim Monolith Mox Amber Gilded Lotus Mana Crypt Mana Vault Worn Powerstone Hedron Archive Dreamstone Hedron Fellwar Stone Fractured Powerstone Mind Stone Thought Vessel Sky Diamond
Solemn Simulacrum Ornithopter Memnite Clever Impersonator Phyrexian Metamorph Etherium Sculptor Master Transmuter Metalworker Kuldotha Forgemaster Myr Retriever Scrap Trawler Junk Diver Myr Sire Trinket Mage Treasure Mage Trophy Mage Palladium Myr Hangarback Walker Sai, Master Thopterist Phyrexian Walker Shimmer Myr Foundry Inspector Dross Scorpion Workshop Assistant Cathodion
Jester's Cap Memory Jar Scroll Rack Voltaic Key Clock of Omens Thousand-Year Elixir Myr Turbine Rings of Brighthearth Tezzeret the Seeker Mycosynth Lattice Unwinding Clock Sculpting Steel Mirage Mirror Grafdigger's Cage Caged Sun Extraplanar Lens Gauntlet of Power
1 month ago
If you're on the look out for more control-y includes cards from the Fiend Hunter family (o-rings on sticks,) are almost always big butts in the 1/3 range, Gaddock Teeg , is a nice include but you'd need to switch up your sig to include him: so far I've found that dealing twenty consistently with this type of deck is relatively easy and Triumph of the Hordes is a bit of overkill that's likely get you hated out so switching to something else for the Teeg include (which shuts off almost every other deck at the table, since planeswalkers are more often than not cmc 4+) might be worth considering its.
Champion of Lambholt is nice evasion since you strategy is to puke creatures on the board. Semi-asymetric boardwipes like Dusk//Dawn and Wave of Reckoning are also really good, but remember that if you play Teeg, they nonbo; Magus of the Disk is a 2/4 board wipe on theme that Teeg doesn't turn off though.
Rhox Faithmender is the reason my record life total with the deck is 120 (three activations of Huatli for 11 doubled is 88 life plus starting life total and a net twelve life from somewhere).
Mirage Mirror is a second copy of anything in your or your opponents decks.
and lastly, Joven's Ferrets is a meme.
Mirage Mirror occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.05%