|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Hour of Devastation (HOU)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
: Mirage Mirror becomes a copy of target artifact, creature, enchantment, or land until end of turn.
Mirage Mirror Discussion
1 day ago
Hey, saw your forum topic asking for help. If one of your first Commander decks well done.
Consider more cards that can help blue devotion, give you value when your creatures are unblockable or be upgrades for cards here? Budget cards ($4 or less each) to consider adding:
- Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir : counts for three devotion, flash in your creatures including Thassa and prevent your opponents from casting cards at instant speed.
- Tempest Djinn : counts for three devotion, flying and gets more power as you play more Islands.
- Bident of Thassa : draw a lot of cards with unblockable creatures or flying creatures.
- Mystic Remora : one of the best enchantments for repeatable draw in multiplayer Commander.
- Mirage Mirror : good with Willbreaker , repeatable source of targeting, target an opponent creature for 2 mana to steal it while also making Mirror a copy of that creature until EOT.
- Retreat to Coralhelm : good with Willbreaker, repeatable no mana cost source of targeting an opponent's creature on your turn as long as you can play a land.
- High Tide
- Frantic Search
- Blue Sun's Zenith
- Thada Adel, Acquisitor
- Surrakar Spellblade
- Silent Submersible
- Broodbirth Viper : draw with myriad.
- Curious Obsession
- Ophidian Eye
- Sower of Temptation
- Roil Elemental : counts for three devotion, steal an opponents creature just by playing a land.
If you like some of these suggestions I offer more help to make cuts. Good luck with your deck.
3 weeks ago
Hey, Roil Elemental and Willbreaker can be repeatable ways to steal your opponents creatures. Protect them with Swiftfoot Boots . Use Mirage Mirror with Willbreaker to repeatedly steal your opponents creatures for mana while also becoming a copy of a creature you steal until EoT.
Demon of Dark Schemes is an underrated budget casual card in Commander and it can steal your opponents creatures from their graveyards. With Curse of the Swine you can exile the creatures you steal and get pigs in return :)
3 weeks ago
I Love redirecting damage!!! Have you thought about adding more doublers? If you haven't you should, these things are fun and fun... is Good! Dictate of the Twin Gods , Insult , Angrath's Marauders , and non traditional utility cards that can copy Mirage Mirror , Strionic Resonator .
Anyway since it has been 3years since you updated this it's unlikely that you will see this anytime soon, but have fun hitting players with their own damage! I know I do =D
3 weeks ago
As I started to run more punishing cards, I slowly phased out the cards that also gave me Tokens. Sylvan Offering is certainly great for giving others Tokens, but I wanted to take less damage from my own Incite Rebellion and whatnot.
I ran Disrupt Decorum for a long while, but eventually cut it for how long it'd end up sitting in my hand. It might be that I spent too much time waiting for an opportune moment, or maybe it's just not as good with Thantis in your Command zone.
Assault Suit is kinda gimmicky. I understand the idea behind it, but it's quite the mana investment to donate Thantis around the table. This ended up being one of my first cuts.
I could see Mirage Mirror being a good addition. You could certainly run it if you want to.
3 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
I love this deck but I think a win condition is required. So I have a favorite win condition in black and red. Its Vicious Shadows then cast Blasphemous Act for 1 red for a total of 8 mana. But if you also have Mirage Mirror out in play as well you can copy the vicious shadows and have 2 of them for the win.
4 weeks ago
Oh man, Mirage Mirror . No need to sell me on that card honestly, it's great. The only reason it's not already here is because I've neglected to update this list in a while because I hadn't been able to play much the past couple years. That absolutely needs a spot. I forget it can copy lands, so it can actually be a third way to pull off a sneaky Dark Depths combo if need be as well. That's pretty sweet.
I've run Mindslaver before here, and I ended up cutting it. It's fun, but I needed the spot for Kaladesh tech. Clutch Emrakul, the Promised End casts have won games for me before though. Helm of Awakening is pretty gnarly, I may have to test it and see if I can't make it work for me. I'm just not a fan of symmetrical effects.
As for the 100 Strip Mine s, I put 100 there because it wouldn't let me add a million. "You really need 1000000x Strip Mine, huh?" YES I DO TAPPEDOUT, MAY I PLEASE HAVE THEM? I figure if I keep that there for long enough, I will eventually get at least one.
I could use a sell on Tangle Wire . I like it, and I bet I could get it past my group, but how do I break parity with it? Clock of Omens kind of things I would guess? I mean, I guess tapping the Wire to itself is a cheeky cheat, but you seem to know something I don't that makes it go from good to incredible.
As for your puzzle, hell, challenge accepted. I too am a fan of Rube Goldberg machine plays.
- Tap Sensei's Divining Top
- Pay 2 to Rings of Brighthearth trigger using Metalworker , 2 remaining in pool
- Draw Wastes and Sensei's Divining Top
- Play Wastes (because why not honestly)
- Tap Inspiring Statuary and Clock of Omens to untap Metalworker
- Tap Metalworker again for 6 mana now, 8 mana in pool
- Turn Mirage Mirror into Rings of Brighthearth , 6 mana in pool
- Tap both Rings of Brighthearth to untap Metalworker, pay both triggers to untap both of my Rings as well
- Proceed to generate literally a googolplex of mana. Because overkill.
- Finally replay Sensei's Divining Top
- Use Rings of Brighthearth + Sensei's Divining Top with unlimited mana to draw until I get the following cards: Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre , Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger , Lightning Greaves , Swiftfoot Boots , and Strionic Resonator
- Play Kozilek, Butcher of Truth , Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre , and Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
- Play Lightning Greaves , Swiftfoot Boots , Sculpting Steel copying either of the boots, and Strionic Resonator
- Equip each Titan with boots
- Swing one Titan each at each player
- Using infinite untaps and mana, two players entire boards disappear and one's entire deck gets exiled via Strionic Resonator spam
I'm not sure if you had a way to actually end the game proper from there in mind but this is what I came up with. One player has no deck, and the rest have no boards, so realistically everyone scoops and the hypothetical players here probably never play with me again. God I love colorless.
Mirage Mirror occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.05%