|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Guilds of Ravnica (GRN)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Wizard
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, create a 1/1 blue Bird Illusion creature token with flying.
Murmuring Mystic Discussion
3 days ago
If you wanted to focus in that direction, Young Pyromancer + Murmuring Mystic + Talrand, Sky Summoner + Gamble is 4 cards. If you included all four you could consistently mill to a hand with one of them. You would need an average of 8.25 mana (doesn't need to be spent on the same turn) to generate infinite mana.
3 days ago
Also Metallurgic Summonings will reduce thoughtcast's commander tax to zero.
1 week ago
A few thoughts. This is gonna be some word vomit, so take what you please. I'm also only going to suggest more budget-friendly cards, since this is casual (so no Cyclonic Rift ).
- My first thought is to get this strictly down to 60 cards. Your chances of getting to what you need is significantly higher for every number you go above 60. With a deck like this, cut it down to about 23 lands, and fill in the rest.
- Take out Kasmina's Transmutation . There are so many good red/blue removal. From Lightning Bolt to Lava Coil ; from Vapor Snag to Curse of the Swine .
- You don't want too many counterspells, cause permanent removal is just as good most of the time, so I'd take out Counterflux and bump up Ionize to four copies.
- Hijack should definitely be a sideboard card, since control is a popular archetype. Same goes for Protean Raider .
- You have more than , so Pyromancer's Goggles might not be the best fit, but running a 1 of isn't too bad.
- You can never have too many Young Pyromancer s if you are running spells! Also see Murmuring Mystic and Talrand, Sky Summoner .
- Keranos, God of Storms is legendary and top of your curve. Consider cutting 1-2, but definitely leave him.
3 weeks ago
Before we get into this, I just want to say that if I sound like a know-it-all and a dick, it's toatally unintentional and I apologize for it. Also, I have never played Jeskai in EDH, so please take my suggestions with a grain of salt.
It's kind of hard to find a good Jeskai Commander that is based around creatures, so I think you have two options:
Shu Yun, the Silent Tempest , which will have to be more spell based, to trigger his abilities,
Of course, you could have both in your deck, and switch them around as the meta/playgroup changes, but it's best to choose one now. I'll provide options for both.
The ramp and land package wil be roughly the same, so I'll start with that. I use TCC's manabase template, but feel free to change it.
TCC's template for a manabase is this, but feel free to change it to fit your budget etc.
3 OG Duals (Can be replaced by Check, Scry or Man lands)
3 Zend-Onslought Fetch (Can be replaced by Panoramas)
15 total basics and utility (9/6 split)
3 Filter Lands
3 Pain Lands
4 Any Colour Lands
1 Tri Land
3 Other Lands(more utility, duals, Lairs, etc)
Here's a deck that I drafted if you want Shu Yun, Silent Tempest as your commander. I left three slots for the cards already in your deck
That ends my very long post. Feel free the change anything you want about the decks I made, as they are only a first draft.
1 month ago
The first Mythic I ever pulled, and still the most valuable card in my collection... even if I never can bring myself to put it in a deck.
The art, man.
This is the card that made me decide to make Teysa my commander, even if it doesn't have a place in the deck anymore. Just the duality of it, how each side was totally opposite yet could synergize perfectly in the right deck.
Murmuring Mystic occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.1%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%