Cloak and Dagger
Tribal Artifact — Rogue Equipment
Equipped creature gets +2/+0 and has shroud. (It can't be the target of spells or abilities.)
Whenever a Rogue creature enters the battlefield, you may attach Cloak and Dagger to it.
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Cloak and Dagger occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Cloak and Dagger Discussion
3 months ago
I see, but he's way out of my budget. I play budget as a restriction so i don't end up playing turn two combo decks. I think I'll cut a 1 drop for Telepathy , eladamri for Cloak and Dagger , and I feel like I need to squeeze a Nature's Claim in. The tele creates a fun mini game where opponents try to screw each other and forget you have a hand. It's one of my pet cards in blue and it's heavily underrated.
3 months ago
Both special equip abilities are triggered abilities (begin with the word "When," "Whenever," or "At"). Triggered abilities use the stack just like activated abilities, so yes, you can respond to them.
The mechanic isn't new, either. Tribal equipment from the Lorwyn/Shadowmoor blocks, for instance, had tribal equip abilities (see Cloak and Dagger , Diviner's Wand , Thornbite Staff , etc.). There are other equipments that also attach via triggered ability, sometimes to a token you create, sometimes to a creature with a specific quality that enters the battlefield. All of these attaching abilities use the stack as normal and thus you can respond to them.
10 months ago
- I love this commander and think you've got a great start and idea, but you need to fully commit to the fact that this deck is all about Skullbriar being huge and smashing face, or one of his friends doing it. .
- You should put in Increasing Savagery , Hardened Scales , Solidarity of Heroes , Reyhan, Last of the Abzan , Fungal Behemoth , Vastwood Hydra , Retreat to Kazandu , Predator Ooze , Blessings of Nature to push the +1/+1 theme to the max. .
- Now, 2nd problem is having big creatures without trample. I see Tuskguard Captain and you've got Rancor already, which is 100% awesome and reusable, but you should have 2 reusable trample activators, so I recommend also adding Ring of Kalonia . .
- Having big creatures attacking also is usually stopped by awkward blocks. You need slightly better cheap removal so I recommend Titanic Brawl , Ancient Animus , Abrupt Decay . .
- 3rd Problem is when they actually block and kill something because they have no other way to deal with it. Make them hate blocking by just having Mer-Ek Nightblade on your field. And then resummon stuff with Journey to Eternity Flip! .
- 4th Problem is when you're smashing for 17 trample damage a turn, but they've got some stupid elf-shaman combo or human-ally combo that gains them 20 life a turn. And now they're at 55 life. Awkward. Get a sneaky kill in instantly with Tainted Strike on one of your big trample guys, just make sure you were about to do 10+ normal damage, and surprise win. (please put Tainted Strike in, even if you ignore every other card I suggested) .
- 5th Problem is your life-total. Sometimes you just need your 12/12 to have lifelink. Best way is Loxodon Warhammer , plus it gives you another trample activator!! .
- Also for ramp you should include Incubation Druid and Rampant Growth . I'd also use hexproof enabling with Alpha Authority .
- I would definitely remove the following since they don't fit with your deck idea overall to make room: Elves of Deep Shadow (don't need), Longtusk Cub (it ain't ever gonna happen), Witchstalker (useless against a red/white/green deck), Gaze of Granite (since it kills your things too), Animation Module (its slow and you should have better things to do with your mana than make 1/1s), Cloak and Dagger (no rogues, it's slow, Alpha Authority is better), Golgari Signet should be replace with Golgari Cluestone so you can sac/draw when you don't need mana anymore. Manalith (you have an aggro curve, don't need THAT much ramp), Plague Boiler (you're not a control deck), Skullclamp (since we're taking out Animation Module , you've got enough good draw), Wayfarer's Bauble (Rampant Growth is better), Greater Good (you're aggro not a graveyard-based-conrol deck), Preferred Selection & Primitive Etchings (because again you're not control, you want to be aggro). .
- I would also cut down on the # of fancy lands that don't add b/g, and play a few more basics for fetching with your ramp cards and being able to play commander on turn 2 more likely.
10 months ago
I love Alesha, I run a budget Alesha deck. Just a few notes I'd like to share from my experience: Ankle Shanker doesn't work in combination with Alesha's ability, due to trigger timing, so you have to count on getting Ankle Shanker 's ability to trigger the turn after you resurrect him (the same would technically be true with Mardu Strike Leader ). If you want to run tokens as a sub-theme, I recommend Ponyback Brigade and Noosegraf Mob , since you can resurrect both with Alesha and their abilities trigger when they enter the battlefield. Flame-Kin Zealot also benefits you for going wide with lots of tokens. And if you want Alesha's ability to work without her dying all the time, whether due to blockers or removal, make sure to give her some [email protected]$$ gear: I run Cloak and Dagger , Swiftfoot Boots , Whispersilk Cloak , and Sunforger . Oh, and Hero's Blade , which I think is greedy but she has first strike, so it's pretty good. I think those will work better for you than the auras, especially since they cost colorless mana and allow you a little more flexibility. Relentless Assault would be a fun sorcery for you to run with all your tokens. As you play this, you may find that you need more card draw & more creatures in your graveyard for Alesha to resurrect for you, so I would be remiss to not mention Faithless Looting , Wild Guess , and Tormenting Voice ( Cathartic Reunion and Dangerous Wager also works). Put your expensive creatures with 2 power from your hand into your graveyard so that they only cost 2 mana to put onto the battlefield when you trigger Alesha. So Noosegraf Mob and Ponyback Brigade become instead of their normal mana costs, which is such a bargain. Have fun! Alesha is amazing.
11 months ago
out 1 Glen Elendra Liege in 1 Scion of Oona out 1 Surveilling Sprite in 1 Faerie Impostor out 1 land and 1 Cloak and Dagger in 2 Chart a Course (you can try to remove 2 lands and keep the cloak maybe). out 2 Favorable Winds in 2 Inquisition of Kozilek (or 1 duress and another discard card)
1 year ago
Thada Adel, Acquisitor is an amazing card for ramping and stealing combo pieces.
I use Spellbinder in my ninja deck and it scares the hell out of people (it draws a lot of hate). I love that card.
Shapesharer can go in unblocked and then copy anything.
1 year ago
Here's some small cheap additions which could help:
1 year ago
Saw your post on Reddit! Lantern of Insight is a must have. Cloak and Dagger is a great equipment that automatically attaches to grenzo. Magus of the Wheel could be replaced with Sensation Gorger for that tasty tribal zest. Dolmen Gate is awesome for protecting your attackers. if Blood Moon or Magus of the Moon are within your budget, I highly suggest them. they are great on their own, and with Goblin King, all of your goblins are unblockable.
If you wanted to make this deck more competitive, I would move away from goblin tribal entirely. Krenko is really the best commander for goblin tribal and any deck with him in it just becomes a Krenko deck. There are awesome cards outside of goblins such as Pyreheart Wolf, Neheb, the Eternal, and Rapacious One that would really make the deck shine. those combined with mana doubling artifacts and a few stax elements such as Smokestack, Urabrask the Hidden, Stranglehold, Heat Stroke, and War's Toll make for a quite strong deck.