Creature — Goblin Pirate
When this dies (is put into the graveyard from the battlefield), create a Treasure token. (It's an artifact with ", Sacrifice this artifact: Gain one mana of any colour.")
Encore (, Exile this card from your graveyard: For each opponent, create a token copy that attacks that opponent this turn if able. They gain haste. Sacrifice them at the beginning of the next end step. Activate this ability only as a sorcery.)
|Have (2)||danaran117 , Kotakiva|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Impulsive Pilferer Discussion
4 weeks ago
Thanks for the response!
I'd love Phyrexian Altar for a handful of my decks but the high price point has kept me from getting one. Hopefully it gets a reprint sometime soon. Su-Chi is on the Reserved List, so the price for that one will probably never come down. Cathodion is as close as we will probably get to it. Ashnod's Altar is a card that I should have a handful of, but have somehow never gotten. Might need to fix that sometime soon because it's a great card.
Bloodfire Colossus is pretty similar in effect to Ryusei, the Falling Star. Ryusei's effect is slightly cheaper, though, as it doesn't require an activation cost and just has to die. Leyline Tyrant, Altar of Dementia and Impulsive Pilferer are also great, but all of mine are in other decks at the moment.
I'm not terribly interested in infinite/game-winning combos as a whole, so I'll have to pass on Thornbite Staff related stuff.
1 month ago
Ok, now there is more time. Regardi g Phyrexian Altar and Su-Chi: I didn't know those where that expensive. The remaining cards stay pretty useful. Impulsive Pilferer, Thornbite Staff and Ashnod's Altar allow you to go infinite with Feldon, you'd only need something to win, like an Altar of the Brood.
1 month ago
Great list! I don't have time now to elaborate all the thoughts I have these suggestions, but maybe just take a look. I'll try to elaborate later:
1 month ago
Found two new cards I hadn't seen before:
Pilferer is honestly just a really solid 1-drop for us. Do we have enough space for it? Maybe not, but it does have everything we could hope to get out a 1 or even 2-drop.
8 months ago
As a baseline, you'll need to add lands, which I'm sure you know. Since you're making Treasure and Gold tokens in this deck you'd probably be good with roughly 34-36 lands, leaning more to the most mana color you'll need, say like a 25/25/50 split if thats what you're going for.
While I do like Gisela, Blade of Goldnight and Tariel, Reckoner of Souls they have a high mana cost as most good Angels do, while Tariel synergizes well with your strategy she does have that randomness factor and would advise a more reliable and consistent option. Gisela speeds up the game. As a player this is good and accelerates the game, but as an opponent my first priority would be to get rid of Gisela and that paints an even bigger target on your back.
Restoration Angel is fantastic for your edict effects, at face value. You'd need to run flicker effects to really make it shine. Basandra, Battle Seraph seems really good, forcing people to attack is nice and it prevents players from casting anything in combat, however it means instant speed removal will be used before the combat step. This also stops you from casting spells in combat.
As for Human synergy, I really like Teysa Karlov , Thalisse, Reverent Medium , Queen Marchesa , General's Enforcer and Fain, the Broker . All of them work very well with the token strategy, especially Teysa and Thalisse
Things I wouldn't necessarily include are cards like Juri, Master of the Revue (as good as she is with Fling ), General Kudro of Drannith (incidental unless you go all in on the Human tribal strategy), Devout Chaplain (same reason for Kudro), or Dire Fleet Hoarder (basically a one time effect unless you jump through the Teysa hoop, yes it does give you a Treasure token, but at a cost of 2 mana and the creature dying).
As for Demons I really like the Archfiend of Depravity and Rakdos, the Showstopper , their mass sacrifice effects are wonderful, however Rakdos does effect your board heavily unless you play to his synergies, you wouldn't want Negan to die to his effect would you?
-When it comes to your Dragons, I think you hit the nail on the head, nothing I would really change or take out. Allows for Magda, Brazen Outlaw to have a decent outlet if you don't want an artifact.
-Finally, the other things you've got going. Dockside should just be an auto-include, albeit a heavy price tag, but if you can get one you should definitely include it.
Dark Impostor , while mana intensive is still a decent mana sink that can function effectively as targeted removal. Definitely keep your edict creatures, they are super useful and trigger Negan, and thats what you want.
Starnheim Aspirant is useful if you go super heavy into the Angel theme, but if you skimp on the Angel theme this could very often be a dead card.
Storm-Kiln Artist , I like this a lot for this deck, can be a beater, and generates value.
Vault Robber , seems bad, and bad to do. Synergizes with Magda and makes Treasure tokens, but thats really it... PLUS it requires you to have a creature in YOUR grave. I'd cut this, but if you have a reason to play it I'm not seeing immediately play it in your deck.
Viscera Seer , good card, good sac outlet, not much else to say.
Creatures I'd include based on what I've seen: Solemn Simulacrum , Burnished Hart and Mayhem Devil . Some good ramp and a decent damage dealer if you'd like to play a cheap one. Plus the Devil is great at just 3 mana.
Angelic Renewal is basically a one time effect. While good, there are better recursion spells out there, but this one does fit the Angel theme so thats really cool. :D
Aside from that, I think that's a decent spread of enchantments. Nothing to add really, love the inclusion of the Sagas and Revel in Riches .
- Shiny Impetus is good for token generation, but don't play a sacrifice creature to have that player just get rid of it, deceptively good and bad.
The Eldest Reborn is also another good saga to include if you want another edict type effect, and when it does go off you can get what you want from players' graveyards.
The three signets for your colors, Arcane Signet as well.
Panharmonicon to double up on edict effects.
- Approach of the Second Sun : Does provide you an effective way to win, very good card for a deck like this especially if the game goes long.
- Brass's Bounty . Love it, not much else to say.
- Contract Killing fits the theme and the flavor. Love it.
- Damnable Pact is good card draw for you, and useful against someone who flies too close to the sun.
- Debt to the Deathless / Entreat the Angels . While both good, is not something you want to draw into early game or open with. I would highly suggest playing less finisher cards like these, but if you wanna play em don't let me stop you.
- Killing Wave . Love it, super good.
- Necrotic Hex . Expensive, but great effect.
- Excavation Technique is actually a really good spell. Synergizes with Magecraft like WoTC intended and is deceptive for your opponents.
- Increasing Devotion / Finale of Glory . One of these is better than the other. I'll let you decide which is which.
- Heartless Pillage / Seize the Spoils . I really like both of these cards as spells and thematically. They work well for Negan and as spells for you to Pillage and Loot with as you please.
- Ruinous Ultimatum / Tragic Arrogance : Both are fantastic, especially as finisher spells. I'd make a point to include both so you have an option when you're ready to win(IE: Revel in Riches in play with a ton of creatures on board, its akin to vandalblasting with a lettuce on board).
9 months ago
10 months ago
MeanLizard I agree on exploring a treasure subtheme, but I don't know if this shell is built to make the most use of them. I WISH Curse of Opulence made treasure, then we'd be on to something. Here's the relevant treasure cards I've previously identified and why I haven't previously added them:
- Impulsive Pilferer : This is probably the closest for me. Perfectly fine to discard, but its four mana to get three 1/1s and we'll end the turn down one mana. No goblin or pirate synergies.
- Glimmervoid : Not enough artifacts in tow to make this consistently valuable. I have the same hesitation for Spire of Industry .
- Magda, Brazen Outlaw : Same issues as Feldon being too slow and being a target for removal once its online. If the package comes together in the next set or two, we'll have to re-visit Magda.
- Pirate's Pillage : Probably not efficient enough to be included, but maybe?
- Rapacious Dragon : Eh? The ETB aspect is nice for a heavier reanimation package, but this won't make a big enough impact on the game (I think).
- Revel in Riches : I think there COULD be a case for this to be included, but 5 CMC is too expensive for my taste that doesn't pretty much win on the spot. I also worry about over-investing in a subtheme - Bladewing is already convoluted (draw dragons > discard dragons > revive dragons), so straying away from that too much puts the deck at risk of being diluted / durdling.
I'm perfectly content to have Gadrak, the Crown-Scourge not be able to attack - when I can finally snag and add in Toxic Deluge and/or Fire Covenant , we'll be packing such a heavy removal package that Gadrak becomes that much more likely to fall into value.
I keep seeing Necromancy so I think I have to take the plunge and add it...
10 months ago
Throw in Putrid Goblin so you have another combo piece with Grumgully and Rhythm of the Wild. Mogg War Marshal , Impulsive Pilferer , and Beetleback Chief are other good disposable bodies you can throw in.
You also may want some non-Shattergang Bro ways of sacrificing your goblins. Skullclamp , Shivan Harvest , Goblin Bombardment , Goblin Chirurgeon , & Arms Dealer would be the first options to look at.
I would take out Goblin War Strike and Mob Justice. These damage spells are too board reliant to be consistently good and often can't dal lethal without a Krenko in play.
Both Domri's can come out as well as they are difficult to defend. Goblin can chump block 2/2s all day but suck a blocking flyers or any sizeable trampler.
If you want more cuts I would look at the following: Ferocity of the Wilds, Dralnu's Crusade, Goblin Dark Dweller, Earwig Squad, Renata, Called to the Hunt, Goblin Rabblemaster, Sparksmith.
I run a similar Jund goblins list but mine is helmed by Korvold, Fae-Cursed King who gobbles up goblins and often voltron smacks an opponent to death by accident. Take a look for some ideas. https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tasty-goblins-2/