Creature — Human Shaman
RG: Creatures you control gain trample until end of turn.1RG: Target land you control becomes a 4/4 Elemental creature until end of turn. It's still a land.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Skarrg Guildmage Discussion
4 weeks ago
PlutoniumWedding: Now that I think I have a pretty solid base of creating huge threats, do you think I have enough trample providers/finishers in relation ?
1 month ago
Now to my egoboosted defence on the few cards I really dont want to ditch:
Mogg Hollows: Its +1 is good with all the x cost, It provides the one necessary color if youre one short and all the nonland mana sources outweight it's minor negative. And I'm mainly using it's coloured mana when I absolutely have to. (Plus I got a tempest print of it which is really mtg-penis largening :D)
Solidarity of Heroes Is something I think you are underestimating in a counter specific deck like this, as it will ALWASY find targets and I most likely have abough mana floating around to cast it on atleast 3 targets. It's a card, that when not countered, most likely drops one player out of the game with just one swing (Requiering a trample provider which is semi easy to wait for when you most likely are a player that instills enough fear to make risky plays or if to focus me in the stages. Or on the worst case and you pull crap, you'll get rushed down before astablishing anything, in which case no card in the game saves you :))
Skarrg Guildmage Turning your lands in to an unstoppaple 4/4 army through Xenagos, the Reveler +1, helping pay for the transformation without using minimum lands that want to crossdress as fearful soldiers, to get the required amount in one killing blow possible. And with the trample sources, they go through one way of another.
PS. In half an hou I already saw how much this will improve with just replasing similar cards with ulmimately better alternatives, but I'll stast serious theory crafting as suun as I get home later tonight! Again thank you for your time!
1 month ago
I've playtested your deck against a couple of mine, which I think are generally fairly close on the casual-hardcode scale. Here are my random thoughts and suggestions.
- Sapseep Forest - Entering tapped isn't worth the upside.
- Mogg Hollows - Only getting coloured mana every other turn seems bad.
- 1x Forest, 1x Mountain to make place for...
- Karplusan Forest and Mossfire Valley - Two untapped mana-fixing lands.
- Mosswort Bridge and Spinerock Knoll - Both of these have requirements that should be easy to meet in your deck. They're really bad with X spells, but you have a lot of other useful targets.
- Clip Wings for Silklash Spider, a lot slower and more expensive, but reusable.
- Gruul Keyrune for Gruul Signet A 3/2 trample is really small in EDH, so I'd go for the lower mana cost if I were you.
- Lightning Bolt for Ulvenwald Tracker Basically Doom Blade on a stick with the huge guys you will be keeping around. Also fun with Thornbite Staff, which is also incredible ramp with Rosheen if you can arrange some other way to have creatures die. Volcanic Fallout would be an example.
More general suggestions:
- Might of Old Krosa One-off buffs aren't that great when you have three opponents you need to get down from 40 life. It's certainly not reliable as removal, either.
- Increasing Savagery Your many X-creatures turn mana into power and toughness. No need to have a separate card that does the same.
- Solidarity of Heroes Very powerful at the right time, but it's a one-off effect that requires some setup.
- Feral Incarnation - Three 3/3 beasts isn't worth the mana, and you don't have enough token generation to make it "free".
- Skarrg Guildmage - There are better trample-givers, like Nylea, God of the Hunt.
- Genesis In this type of deck with low-count high-value creatures I'd try to sneak this in, but it depends on how graveyard-hatey your meta is.
- Asceticism Again, high-value creatures that respond poorly to single-target removal. Keep your hydras safe!
- Death's Presence Even if your hydras die you get to keep most of their value.
- In the Web of War, Fires of Yavimaya or Xenagos, God of Revels - Haste on large creatures is huge, you can swing and kill someone without them getting the time to set up defence.
- Gyre Sage - Makes each hydra larger than the previous one, which makes him larger, which makes the next hydra larger... :o
- Elemental Bond - Card draw when you play creatures keeps the creatures coming.
- Soul of the Harvest - As above.
- Aggravated Assault - The plan is to make lots of mana and huge creatures. Letting them work double shifts the next turn might secure a kill (or two).
Slightly out of budget suggestions:
- Selvala, Heart of the Wilds - She seems perfect for the deck. Huge creatures, huge mana, extra cards.
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx - In decks with two colours or less, this makes a lot of mana.
To make room for this I'd personally cut all the treefolk. They're better in mono-green.
It depends on your meta, but I'd also cut all planeswalkers except maybe Xenagos. They just tend to die so quickly in EDH. Xenagos generally at least pays for himself, though.
You could also consider multi-mana dorks, like Bloom Tender, Fyndhorn Elder, Greenweaver Druid, Nantuko Elder, Priest of Titania, Shaman of Forgotten Ways, Somberwald Sage, Whisperer of the Wilds, Wirewood Channeler, Karametra's Acolyte and dubiously Frontier Siege.
I hope you can take at least something from this.
5 months ago
like the concept but you could probably do with some improvements.
first of all, youre not a ramp deck. you can get some nice short bursts on occasion, but youre not going to be casting an 8 drop consistently. so i'd drop the liege. Omnath is great but also 7 mana and probably something you should drop.
the 5 drops should be your curve toppers.
you also should focus on consistency. you don't need all these 1 ofs. you need to pick your best cards and have playsets of them. that way you get them more often. (legendary cards are a bit different and you probably don't need a full 4 of for some of the high drops but i think you understand the premise)
so lets go down the list and see which 1 and 2 ofs are keepers and which are not.
Embodiment of Fury: great card for your deck. probably should have 3.
Embodiment of Insight: good but mildy expensive especially for the effect you get. 0 imo.
Ezuri's Archers: I see no reason to have this card in your deck. 0 in the deck.
Liege of the Tangle: I mentioned above why I don't think you should have this card. so 0 in the deck.
Mina and Denn, Wildborn: great card. i would suggest 3 of.
Satyr Hedonist: not horrible. lets you jump from 3 to 5 mana which can help drop some early threats, but you're probably better off with an actual mana dork that you can tap each turn for mana. so 0.
Skarrg Guildmage: decent card. helps turn lands into creatures to beat down opponents. its also a bear by itself which is passable. 4 of wouldn't terrible if youre looking to stay in this card pool.
Wild-Field Scarecrow: the fact that it only puts the lands into your hands, means that its not really getting you ahead. if you have to sacrifice your creature to get lands, they better hit the field. 0 in the deck.
Awaken the Ancient: little hard to cast the triple red sometimes but a 4 mana 7/7 is great value. 4 of is fine.
Retreat to Kazandu: this can help keep you alive if you have a good number of landfall triggers.
Retreat to Valakut: youre not aggressive enough to make full use of this card. to fully utilize this card you need to burst out a few land fall triggers in one turn to blast your opponent. your deck is more of a build up compared to a burst.
Vessel of Volatility: you don't need this card really. since you can't activate it profitably until T3, it takes you from 3 mana to 5. which considering your curve isn't actually that good. you'd rather just have a regular mana dork. i think you should have 0 in the deck.
Elemental Uprising: this is a burst damage card. through and through. its 2 mana 4 damage on an open field. or 2 mana X damage where X is the rest of your creatures power because they had to block your 4/4. but either way its a 2 mana damage spell. it could get better depending on you other spells.
Groundswell: great buff spell. perfect for the deck.
Temur Battlerage: you have a good number of 4 power creatures or atleast ways to make them so this isnt a bad card. i think you have the right number as a 3 of.
Koth of the Hammer: makes land creatures. gives a bit of extra mana and has a nice ultimate. great card for you. 2 of or even 3.
Nissa, Worldwaker: lets look at it compared to koth. both of them have a +1 that gives you a 4/4. koth has a minus that mana ramps, and nissa has a plus that ramps. but you don't really need the 4 untap ability of nissa once you drop her. she should be your curve topper or at least close to it, so i don't see the extreme benefit of untaping 4. ult takes too long to activate to be relevant. verdict: stick closer to koth. 0 worldwakers.
Caravan Vigil: this is only good if you activate morbid, which isn't consistant enough to warrant this card. half the time its good, half the time its unplayable. bad odds. 0 in the deck.
Explosive Vegetation: good card for hitting landfall and for ramping/mana fixing. i think that there are other cards that could replace this, but assuming that i don't compare this to outside cards yet, id say 3 of this in the deck.
Lands: you seem like you might be on a budget. if so Jund Panorama or Naya Panorama would help. splurge for Stomping Ground if you can. if you are not on a budget then here is my suggestion for land. 4 of Wooded Foothills, 4 Stomping Ground, 4 of Cinder Glade, 2 Windswept Heath, 2 Bloodstained Mire, 3 Raging Ravine, 2 mountains, 1 Forest.
(assuming you keep the same cards)
fury + 2
insight - 1
nissa (seer) + 1
hedonist +0 (-4 if you replace it with Birds of Paradise)
guildmage + 3
rift bolt -2
that leaves you with 61, so you'd have to cut 1 card wherever you feel that you could get away with it. but this is only if youre looking to keep these cards. below i'm going to suggest a couple other cards that could work for you depending on which combinations you use.
Harrow: two landfall triggers, puts you a land ahead. all for 3 mana.
Sakura-Tribe Elder: mana up, and doesnt require mana to sacrifice.
actually its midnight where im at, so i think ill call it a night at this for now and maybe continue listing cards tomorrow.
8 months ago
To add just a little to merrowMania's answer, since the gold counter isn't removed from the land, if you were to reanimate the land with Skarrg Guildmage (say next turn), the animated land would once again gain the "wall" subtype and "Defender" if Aurification is still on the field.
8 months ago
Your land would return to being a land, but it would have a Gold counter on it. The effect that animates the land ends, so it is no longer a creature (making the second ability of Aurification moot). Aurification only gives CREATURES an extra type and Defender, which in no way keeps the land animated.
9 months ago
ok, so a few quick fixes- mostly to the manabase. Gruul Turf will help you reach those higher mana costed creatures and provide fixing, Karplusan Forest and Pinecrest Ridge are helpful, especially pinecrest with the cast werewolves/transform werewolves tempo, as is Jund Panorama and Naya Panorama. I'd want a little more haste enablement, and some more activated abilites to spam, but meh looks ok. Skarrg Guildmage or Savageborn Hydra perhaps.