Creature — Human Shaman
When Burning-Tree Emissary enters the battlefield, gain .
Printings View all
|Ravnica Allegiance: Guild Kits (GK2)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Mind vs. Might (DDS)||Uncommon|
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Burning-Tree Emissary occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.1%
Burning-Tree Emissary Discussion
1 week ago
That's how I stay ahead of the life gain in Approach of the Second Sun decks.
I have also found that a lot of Burn decks aren't really Burn these days.
They run a lot of Creatures instead of the brilliant 3 drop spells that deal 4 damage.
I have six 1 drop spells in my Burn deck that can deal 2 damage. I wonder if that would help by getting rid of the first Creature?
1 week ago
8 wack can attack for 10 utilizing any one drop they play (I’ll use Foundry Street Denizen as my example)
With no 1 drop it’s 9 damage. With any other 1 drop it’s 11.
If you drop 1 burning tree emissary, you hit for 8.
1 month ago
Elvish Mystic ?? This list is seriously lacking a ton of ramp cards..!
2 months ago
BMHKain but it's so much easier to add cards haha. These are the cards I would cut:
- Auriok Champion - is somewhat restrictive in 5 colors, and the card isn't very impactful.
- Zhur-Taa Druid - Does not produce colors that you wouldn't already have, and the damage is negligible in most scenarios.
- Thalia's Lieutenant - Requires a more token-based strategy to be impactful.
- Knight of the Reliquary - Situational mana fixing that doesn't ramp in your build.
- Burning-Tree Emissary - Not great at mana fixing, only seems good if you've already assembled a nice recursion engine at which point you probably don't need this.
- Champion of the Parish - Kinda vanilla.
- Crucible of Worlds - Doesn't seem that impactful. Dragon's Hoard or Coalition Relic would be better in my opinion.
- Odric, Master Tactician - Needs at least 4 dudes on board to work, and seems to be most useful when you're already winning.
- Metallic Mimic - Not very impactful here.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation - Not very impactful here.
- Emergence Zone - You already have a couple other things that do this better.
- Anafenza, the Foremost - Unless your playgroup always has a graveyard deck at the table, I would take this out. Anafenza can hose you if somebody copies or steals it.
- Lavinia, Azorius Renegade - To me this kinda just reads "nobody can cast Pacts", which isn't that great an effect.
- Fatespinner - This card is more a minor annoyance than a threat.
- Angel of Glory's Rise - Great effect, but exiles your general. Patriarch's Bidding might be better.
4 months ago
Burning-Tree Emissary seems like a decent inclusion potentially.
5 months ago
Instead of working around with sacrifice for mana, it is possible to use etb or death mana to pull off your combo.
Doing it this way would allow you to put Reckless Bushwhacker and/or Goblin Bushwhacker in the sideboard, and turn into a bad 8-whack deck for when the opponent inevitably brings in graveyard and other hate, and you know your combo can't do it.
But, this does slow your deck down by a turn.
5 months ago
Since it looks like you're moving toward a pure Goblin build, removing the Black/Zombies all together, I'll make suggestions based on that assumption.
Goblins like to fly low to the ground and hit your opponents as hard and fast as possible. The traditional goblin deck is known as 8-wack, since it runs 4x Reckless Bushwhacker and 4x Goblin Bushwhacker . Both of those are fantastic cards, since they can both swing on the turn they are played and boost all your creatures by +1/0. They are both relatively inexpensive, so should be fairly easy upgrades to get a hold of.
Otherwise, you want to focus less on the high-end creatures, and more on inexpensive-to-cast cards that can finish out the game. Some other inexpensive options include Mogg War Marshal (which is a strict upgrade to Goblin Instigator ), Burning-Tree Emissary (which, while not a goblin, is basically a free-to-cast 2/2), and Foundry Street Denizen (which will always swing for 2, and sometimes for 3+ on turn 2).
Cards can be linked using double brackets, like so: [[Goblin Grenade]] People can be linked using the following: [[user:Caerwyn]]