|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
|Duel Decks: Jace vs. Chandra (DD2)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elemental Incarnation
If a spell you control would deal damage to an opponent, prevent that damage. Put a 3/1 red Elemental Shaman creature token with haste into play for each 1 damage prevented this way.
When Hostility is put into a graveyard from anywhere, shuffle it into its owner's library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (16)||Wolfebladeelite , JAT0 , pskinn01 , duff87 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , mziter501 , rockleemyhero , golgarigirl , Swamy , Zelpoke , Lindough , Dr_Jay , frederiklw , GoldGhost012 , Psycheretic , _raeofsunlight|
1 month ago
You're welcome. I guess the only issue I see with Hostility is its mana cost. The deck has no forms of ramp so he won't be coming out into play until turn 6 at a minimum. Most modern decks try to win between turns 4 and 7, so by the time he comes out it may be too late. I would still test him out though and see how he fairs in your local play group.
1 month ago
I appreciate those suggestions, thanks landcracker616. Trample is definitely good to have. I think adding Hostility and Coordinated Assault offers more than some of the cards i have, but I LOVE the Captain's Claws.
2 months ago
May I also suggest three cards I will be putting into my Nekusaur deck? All are good discard synergies. Dread, Hostility, and Guile. Allowing to shuffle your graveyard back into your library is a great help!
3 months ago
Thanks freakingShane, I definitely appreciate the input. Those are all very good suggestions to consider.
Hostility intrigued me with the idea of doubling the damage of Mob Justice through Purphoros, God of the Forge while creating X 3/1 tokens with haste. But it would likely be the first creature I'd consider subbing out.
Kindred Charge I could also go either way with. it's ability to create copies of the ETB effect creatures that I've got could set up for some great combos. A second Krenko would quadruple the damage output (with a second purphoros). But I do agree, reducing the average CMC would be an improvement for this deck. I'm operating under the assumption that my mana ramp will be sufficient to bear it.
Moggcatcher and Goblin Bombardment both add an anti-control element that I've been concerned that I'm missing with this deck. Board wipes are all too common and a damage sac outlet would work well in response. And Quest for Pure Flame would be a solid fit as well. I'll probably end up playing around with some different combinations of cards to see what ends up feeling the best. Thanks again for checking this deck out.
3 months ago
I would recommend scrapping two cards, specifically:
- Hostility because there are only three direct damage spells in your deck (not including copy spells). It's also pretty hefty on the CMC.
- Since you are also running a looser tribal shell (with the inclusions of elementals, dragons, hellions, etc), I think that Kindred Charge isn't quite strong enough for its CMC. I would probably recommend scrapping that because it optimistically will only deal around 20 damage (I know, that's still not bad, but it isn't lethal and it's still fairly optimistic). I would either scrap that, or scrap Descent of the Dragons and Hellion Eruption, but those two I think are more powerful cards.
I would definitely recommend adding these:
- Moggcatcher for more tutor power and protecting your creatures by not "casting" them. Even if you aren't in a super controlling meta, it's always good to make your creatures harder to deal with.
- Quest for Pure Flame because it is essentially a Gratuitous Violence for 1 mana. It's super easy to set up, and you can pop it out of nowhere. Right before a big Descent of the Dragons or a Krenko, Mob Boss activation seems nice to me.
- Goblin Bombardment is also really nice. It can sometimes give you the last bit of damage you need to seal out a victory, or it can be crucial in response to an opponent's board wipe/wrath. I don't know if that is a common thing in your play group or not, but it could be worth considering!
Really, there isn't anything bad with this deck at all! Those are just some things you might want to consider, but if not then the deck will still be fine! The last thing that I would suggest is just trimming down the fat (the avg. CMC). The lower your curve, the more you get to play. If you want a hyper aggro build, I would try to trim the CMC down to around >3.0.
As always, feel free to ask me any questions you have! I love helping out fellow red mages! :)
3 months ago
Tbh i totally missed the haste on Lovisa Coldeyes. That's so much better than I thought! I should find a spot for her. She'd go very well with my snow covered mountains.
I run more of the damage doublers, and some hate Blood Moon. But that's pretty meta dependent. Its got to the point where I only have maybe 2 turns to win or the boardstate/control gets too much for me to overcome. So Soulbright Flamekin helps here. it makes Hostility much better, effectively giving 7 creatures trample for 6<>. maybe sub for bloodfire?
4 months ago
I'm impressed by the number of -drops in here right now. Almost as many as the land count!
Even with a few more pieces of ramp like Fellwar Stone, Solemn Simulacrum, and/or Gilded Lotus; def get your land count up to at least 36. Reflecting Pool is cool. One or more of each basic would be good because Blood Moon exists
You have an underlying token theme that might be better served in another deck like Marath, Will of the Wild or Ghave, Guru of Spores. They may need to come out to help streamline your strategy. Unless your opponents are hilariously slow; Goblin Offensive isn't a good fit. Rampaging Baloths is better with a lot of lands or fetch lands. Assemble the Legion mmmaybe worth keeping if you add Triumph of the Hordes wink wink
All of your current instants could be counterspells. Quietus Spike is an old pet card of mine, but slow when most of the creatures are a high cmc already. Hostility is meant for spells like Lightning Bolt
Above all have fun! Obviously some options I've offered are quite expensive. Build it how you want it. PEACE