|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ultimate Masters (UMA)||Common|
|Shadows over Innistrad (SOI)||Uncommon|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Uncommon|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Uncommon|
|Mercadian Masques (MMQ)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Druid
: Return target basic land card from your graveyard to your hand.
4 days ago
This is a somewhat strange request. The interaction between Dakmor Salvage and The Gitrog Monster is extremely strong, and very cheap monetarily. You should consider running a couple dredge cards for value anyways, as hitting 2-3 extra draws off a dredge is an easy and once again cheap monetarily way to get ahead in card advantage.
To humor you though, here's what I'd probably run.
- The full suite of 1 drop mana dorks Arbor Elf Llanowar Elves Fyndhorn Elves Birds of Paradise etc. etc. and some big dorks like Priest of Titania
- Cards that let me put extra lands into play for more landfall triggers Sakura-Tribe Scout Skyshroud Ranger Azusa, Lost but Seeking Explore Exploration Burgeoning maybe even Walking Atlas
- Cards that let me turn lands into effects or otherwise graveyard the lands Sylvan Safekeeper Constant Mists Crop Rotation Elvish Reclaimer Edge of Autumn Lotus Field Forbidden Ritual Reprocess Harrow
- Cards that love lands entering battlefield or graveyard Terravore Titania, Protector of Argoth Avenger of Zendikar Rampaging Baloths Undergrowth Champion Lotus Cobra
- Symmetrical black land hate cards that I can break parity on with Gitrog draws and recursion Smallpox Pox Death Cloud Desolation
- Recursion effects for all these land sacs Life from the Loam Groundskeeper Crucible of Worlds Ramunap Excavator
- Cards that go with my board hate subtheme here Torment of Hailfire Oppression Necrogen Mists Bottomless Pit Bane of Progress Back to Nature Black Sun's Zenith Damnation Root Maze Caustic Caterpillar
- Finishers if you don't want to combo, like Beastmaster Ascension Genesis Wave Craterhoof Behemoth Overrun Overwhelming Stampede
And from there, round it out with some efficient early game beaters, some spot removal, land ramp, and a bit of card draw.
2 weeks ago
Hi_diddly_ho_neighbor, talk to me some more about Need for Speed . I like it, but I'm afraid I'll a land behind in giving critters haste. With Angry Omnath or Titania out, if I sac a land to give target creature haste, I'm not able to give haste to the Elemental that comes into play because of the sac, am I? Not that that's a deal breaker, I just want to make sure how it plays out.
Also, Wayward Swordtooth is under consideration. Good option. Skyshroud Claim will go in eventually. The only reason it isn't in right now is because I'm not running that many dual lands. When I get more added, I'll swap it in.
Thanks again for all your help here, guys!
2 weeks ago
Ahh! Sorry about Caldera, I must have missed it when double checking as I always double check a card isn’t in the list before typing it, haha! My bad.
I get what your saying about oracle and Azusa, you could have a nice day out with the cost for the two of those. Another option you might want to consider is Ghirapur Orrery as it’s not going to trigger for the draw for everyone else, I’ve noticed in commander, unless people want their hands empty then people usually have sufficient draw.
I’d say keep Groundskeeper , if you’re sacrificing a lot of lands it’s safer to have a few options of bringing them back.
I agree about running Wayward Swordtooth it’s a lot friendlier on the wallet.
Boundless Realms could be a good budget option for mega land fall triggers for you? (It’s also a pet card of mine)
2 weeks ago
Thanks for the comments, everyone!
Hi_diddly_ho_neighbor, that's some great input. Unfortunately, I won't be adding Scapeshift or Crucible of Worlds to the deck, as they are out of my budget. Adding Gitrog and Angry Omnath is going to be costly enough right now. Need for Speed is interesting, though. Would you run that over Concordant Crossroads if you have one? Having another land sac outlet is nice.
Poly_raptor, thanks for all the ideas. Ramunap Excavator will get added, but not Crucible of Worlds , for budgetary reasons. I don't mind that Rites of Flourishing benefits others at the table; I run it in several decks. I guess the question is, do you think I'll need to run it once I get The Gitrog Monster and Mina and Denn, Wildborn added into the deck? I'm just trying to make sure I've got enough extra land drop outlets to run faster, and it's budget friendly; I'm not going in on Azuza, Lost but Seeking (your wallet) or Oracle of Mul Daya because the prices on those cards are ludicrous. I might have a copy of Burgeoning to add in, though.
As for the lands: Darigaaz's Caldera is already in, and I think I'll add in Undiscovered Paradise , and perhaps Ghost Town later on (it doe work in my Tatyova deck). Thawing Glaciers is great, but too pricey once again. Also, thank you guys for the land count considerations, too. I'll have to experiment with it. I've noticed with the current count, I've always got plenty.
The land droppers are under consideration; I just don't know where I'll have room for them once I get everything else I want crammed into this.
Is Groundskeeper worth keeping around?
1 month ago
I suggest doing everything you can to both lower the AVG CMC and also to add some mana-ramp. Additionally, Ayula's Influence is probably only useful if you're willing to discard at least 2 lands. So any means of getting those lands back from you graveyard or means of putting more lands in your hand are probably sound ideas.
1 month ago
1 month ago
I'm not sure if it's necessary, but some copies of Groundskeeper could be quite useful.
2 months ago
Groundskeeper occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%