|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Tana, the Bloodsower
Legendary Creature — Elf Druid
Whenever Tana, the Bloodsower deals combat damage to a player, create that many 1/1 green Saproling creature tokens.
Partner (You can have two commanders if both have partner.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Tana, the Bloodsower Discussion
1 week ago
1 week ago
Thursday night report, so much mana!
Tonight, finally added Crypt Ghast (replaced Ivory Tower) as I also put in Cabal Stronghold. Wow, amazing! I mean, no duh, right? I had Crypt Ghast most of the game and untapped a turn or two with those newly acquired cards plus Caged Sun and Cabal Coffers. Mike was borrowing my Kynaios and Tyro of Meletis deck and had the Insurrection but that was effectively countered by my Sudden Spoiling. I untapped and attacked, eliminating Arvad the Cursed because Angela's top deck was revealed by Brendon's Daxos of Meletis techy Lantern of Insight to be Urza's Ruinous Blast. After a Corpse Harvester sacrifice, Sheoldred, Whispering One reanimated Gray Merchant of Asphodel for the win. I was drowning in mana for enough turns to have over 20 devotion.
Of course, the previous game was more ignominious as I used Sidisi, Undead Vizier to get Bojuka Bog for Tori's Alesha, Who Smiles at Death deck rather than Cabal Coffers to further my own agenda. She was at a low enough life total I need not have done that. Kothophed, Soul Hoarder was then my final undoing as Tana, the Bloodsower had four swords equipped and enough tokens with a sac outlet to finish me off.
1 week ago
I absolutely love this! I never thought I'd see the day that my previous saprolings would make a good EDH deck. Of course, I never knew that Tana, the Bloodsower existed until now.
I only have a few suggestions that I hope helps. Have you considered Verdeloth the Ancient? He's a little steep, but his anthem effect and the kicker cost are definitely useful.
Life and Limb would be good here too, not only to increase your mana sources, but to increase your creature count too. On a side note, if you pair that with Cryptolith Rite, you'll essentially allow all of your forests to tap for any color mana.
Earth Surge is gimmicky and heavily reliant on L&L, but it's an option.
Mirage Mirror is pretty cheap and versatile. Good if you get only one token doubler or if one is destroyed.
Lastly, I'd recommend Panharmonicon since you have a decent amount of enter-the-battlefield effects (most notably Anointed Procession and Parallel Lives). It also doubles Aura Shards, Impact Tremors, and Huatli's emblem.
I hope this helps!
3 weeks ago
Dragon Broodmother kann nicht dein Commander sein, Alternativen fuer ne Lifegain / Token / Devour Strategie waeren:
- Tana, the Bloodsower
- Ulasht, the Hate Seed
- Thromok the Insatiable (Skaliert exponentiell, mit Trample drauf kann der schnell Spiele beenden)
- Bloodspore Thrinax Must play in dem theme
- Dragonlair Spider
- Fresh Meat (Devourst 20 Tokens und bekommst 20 staerkere Tokens)
- Sylvan Offering
- Hellion Eruption (1/1 -> 4/4)
- Wolfbriar Elemental
- Chancellor of the Forge
- Hooded Hydra
- Release the Gremlins
- Hornet Nest (Denk dran wenn die nen 6 power mob blockt machtse auch 6 Tokens)
- Hornet Queen
- Stalking Vengeance
- Tempt with Vengeance
- Hellkite Hatchling
- Thunder-Thrash Elder
- Beacon of Creation
- Rampaging Baloths
- Sandwurm Convergence
- Parallel Lives kostet zwar bissl mehr aber lohnt sich hier
- Mitotic Slime 7 Bodies fr 5 Mana
- Fires of Yavimaya must play in Gruul
- Cultivate & Kodama's Reach sind Ramp staples in EDH
- Preyseizer Dragon
- Skullmulcher Brauchst bissl mehr Draw
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip ist noch nice fuer Ramp
- Khalni Garden, Skarrg, the Rage Pits rein
- Yavimaya Hollow raus (Kostet 30-60 Euro) und lieber Kessig Wolf Run rein
- Contested Cliffs raus (Spielst zuwenig Beasts dazu) und Oran-Rief, the Vastwood rein um alle Tokens zu pumpen
- Mosswort Bridge wuerde gehen aber Kher Keep ist in der Strategie wahrscheinlich besser um excess mana gegen Token zu tauschen
- Fungal Reaches ist crap, bekommst genug Ramp durch Creatures und anderweitig
- Evolving Wilds & Terramorphic Expanse sind must pick in jedem multi-color deck, damit fixt man nicht nur Mana, sondern dnnt auch das Deck aus und erhht die Chance Karten die man braucht zu ziehen.
2 months ago
There are not nearly enough draw engines, too many trample enablers. Arlinn Kord Flip is strong, but unnecessary. Her +1/+1 trample anthem takes two turns to go off and the rest of her abilities (aside from her ult) have zero synergy. Gruul War Chant is less expensive and gives a better pay off immediately. You don't need a trample static buff, when everyone already has trample. Hazoret's Monument gives a reduction in CMC for cast spells, but the discard/draw effect is a gamble and unnecessary compared to a simple draw engine, which actually gives you card advantage (i.e. Soul of the Harvest). Tana, the Bloodsower may have trample, but at 4 CMC for a 4/4 (post swing) is not really that much kick. Something Faster could be put in it's place. Mina and Denn, Wildborn is just a 4 cost Azusa, Lost but Seeking, and the trample effect is redundant. For 7 CMC Pelakka Wurm is weak in value, compared to other high CMC cards that could be ran. Fanatic of Xenagos is cheap, but aside from being a fatty (with or without haste) it's kind of a one note card, there's already enough big creatures on the field, he doesnt bring anything to the table aside from strength. Skarrg Guildmage is redundant as is Khenra Charioteer. Atarka, World Render is not worth the seven, sure she hit's hard but is not as strong as double damage cards that buff ALL your creatures. Deus of Calamity has to be blocked by a creature with 2 or less toughness, otherwise he's not doing anything. Ghor-Clan Rampager is just a titanic growth. Slith Predator is boring, a +1/+1 counter is not much. There is not nearly enough draw in here, too many trample enablers, too few value cards, not enough bombs. Why have so much ramp, when there is too little draw, and not enough high CMC value cards? You removed gold cards from my schematics like Genesis Wave, Rage Reflection, Insult, Gruul War Chant, Elemental Bond, Soul of the Harvest, Rapacious One, Moldgraf Monstrosity, Lurking Predators, Garruk's Horde, Hunter's Prowess, Veilstone Amulet, and Harvest Season. The utter lack of value, draw power, and game ending cards is my only skepticism. That being said, I think Gruul Keyrune, One with Nature, Destructive Urge, and Hellkite Tyrant would be great additions. Also, why 37 lands?
3 months ago
this deck needs Brawn in it. also i would look into more creatures with trample in it i realize that you have a lot of warriors and i see the tribal but i personally think it would run better if you took the tribal factor out. Mina and Denn, Wildborn, Tana, the Bloodsower and Vexing Shusher are good cards in these colors. also if you did want to keep the tribal going ever thought about Stangg instead for a commander he is a little more tribal themed.
3 months ago
I built a deck a lot like this. It started out as a Tana, the Bloodsower and Sidar Kondo of Jamuraa tokens deck, but I soon switched out sidar for Bruse Tarl. I would reccomend playing Heliod's Pilgrim to get Bravado and friends. It added a lot of consistency to my deck.
3 months ago
I love Naya colors, and not just for the fatties.
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Token theme yet, as it's one of my absolute favorites:
- Tana, the Bloodsower+Sidar Kondo of Jamuraa (Tier 3) or Rith, the Awakener (Tier 4) as Voltron Commanders in a Sapoling build. I strongly suspect my Rith deck has too many fatties for your tastes, but the deck and maybeboard may give you some ideas.
- Hazezon Tamar (Tier 3) in a Flicker build can generate an absolutely INSANE amount of 1/1 Sand Warriors. A typical build goes wide and pumps the team; my deck is more about direct damage.
Some already mentioned:
- Combo: Marath, Will of the Wild (Tier 2)
- Voltron: Uril, the Miststalker (Tier 3)
- Group Slug: Gahiji, The Honored One (Tier 4)
Please let us know what you end up doing! And good luck on the build!