|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Dragons of Tarkir (DTK)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Descent of the Dragons
Destroy any number of target creatures. For each creature destroyed this way, its controller puts a 4/4 red Dragon creature token with flying onto the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Descent of the Dragons Discussion
4 days ago
- Because spellslinger decks don't run that many creatures, you're probably going to need a few more board wipes. Perhaps Cyclonic Rift (don't hate me), Evacuation , Descent of the Dragons , Star of Extinction , or Volcanic Vision .
- If you're going to run cards like Everflowing Chalice , Hedron Archive , Mind Stone , and Temple of the False God , I would suggest running more X-spells. Cards such as Curse of the Swine , Molten Disaster , Starstorm , Epic Experiment , and Jaya's Immolating Inferno would give you more board wipe options, as well as explosive izzet shinanigans.
- Sentinel Tower is really only worth it if you was to storm out.
- I wouldn't recommend running Psychosis Crawler unless you want to focus on card draw. Same goes for Windfall . In this deck, Windfall does cause peripheral effect to occur, such as Locus God or Niv-Mizzet triggers. You would need to be playing against a deck with a lot of card draw, otherwise you might only be helping your opponents since you will probably be drawing more than them. I see that you have some cards with triggers bases on card draw, but since they are not your commander, there is no guarantee you will see them during a game.
- Overall, it seems like you are a little stuck between wheel, storm, and spellslinging. Personally, I think Jori En is bested suited for spellslinging. Baby's first Izzet deck. I'm so proud of you!
2 weeks ago
Yes, you could have a lot of fun tutoring out Demons with 30 Shadowborn Apostle in your deck, and that's a perfectly fine strategy. But that's really a better option for your Athreos, as you run Orzhov, which gives you access to Edgewalker which allows you to freecast your SBAs if your opponent doesn't want to pay the 3 life per sac.
Judith doesn't feel built for that kind of a recursion deck. She feels more akin to a mass-wipe deck where you play lots of 1 - 2 cmc drops with stack effects and pound everyone into the dirt in one mass grave.
Especially if you do something like Mogg Infestation or Descent of the Dragons so you upgrade, rather than boardwipe. Alternatively, you could Killing Wave and put everyone in a tight bind. You choose to NOT pay X, so you sac your entire boardstate. Judith deals a lot of damage, in addition to the rest of your stacking effects, and everyone else now struggles to keep up or fall out.
With all three out, and your stack effects, you could wipe your board with a few exceptions, generate a ton of mana, gain control of everything your opponent's sacrifice, sacrifice those for MORE MANA, do this until nobody has anything left, and hit home with something like Rolling Thunder or Earthquake if you are ahead.
Damn. Maybe I'LL make this deck :o
1 month ago
The cmc curve of this deck is always going to be quite high, I would recommend adding in some essential ramp spells and ways to cheat in your creatures. I'm assuming that the cards you will consider will be more on the budget side so here might be some cards you can consider. Selvala's Stampede, good way to be threat and able to cheat permanents from hand or flip into big dragons from the deck. Sunbird's Invocation, since you are reducing the spells of your dragon, the 'cascade' trigger will be large and unlikely you will whiff most of the time. Cream of the Crop a pseudo filtering where it synergizes with your big drops so you can fix your draws. Summoning Trap only would use if you face against a lot of counterspell decks. Nature's Lore, Farseek, Rampant Growth, Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Hour of Promise, and Skyshroud Claim are great ramp spells that are better in the long run. If not all the signets and talismans for mana rocks to accelerate.
I would recommend cutting all the equipments as you don't need that when your dropping big threats already, Door to Nothingness, Doubling Cube, Lich's Mirror, Descent of the Dragons, Traitorous Blood, Gift of Paradise, Prodigious Growth, Command the Storm, Tail Slash, and Holy Day.
Hope that helps! If your not on budget there are other alternative options but the cards are $10+
2 months ago
However if that is not enough- which I'll assume it's not- Artifact Mutation is freaking delicious. Bitterblossom is a staple. Creakwood Liege also pumps the majority of your deck. Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast is also decent removal and his ult is insane. Descent of the Dragons could be an alternate wincon. Dragonlair Spider looks like garbage but can get out of hand in a hurry. Druid's Call is honestly insane, it's a great deterrent for blockers. Elemental Mastery is the best. Feral Incarnation, because it has convoke, is not so bad either. Necrogenesis is classic. Ogre Slumlord is a baller and a great rattlesnake. Plague of Vermin is a really nice way to put some damage in on your opponents, especially if the political atmosphere is good. Rampaging Baloths is craaazy. Sprouting Thrinax has served me well. Sylvan Offering can make some friends AND some tokens. Verdant Embrace and Verdant Force are good. Wolfcaller's Howl is good I think?
2 months ago
Have you considered Krenko, Mob Boss - double up your gobs?
or lategame Descent of the Dragons - its a tad more expensive than your mana curve, but its a great way to convert goblins into a killing blow.
3 months ago
3 months ago
I recently swapped Fires of Yavimaya for Dragon Tempest and its been good, especially with Descent of the Dragons, you can just instantly pop someone with your kebolds. This card would be even more amazing with your sub dragon theme!
4 months ago
Thanks Elywood! The idea is to only play the combo enablers just before comboing. If opponents target them with removal, we can play instants in response to draw cards and make tokens. Faith's Reward and Thrilling Encore can bring them back. If we don't have any of those cards, Descent of the Dragons and Emrakul's Evangel can produce lots of tokens without needing combo pieces.