|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
You may remove two blue cards in your hand from the game rather than pay Commandeer's mana cost.
Gain control of target noncreature spell. You may choose new targets for it. (If that spell is an artifact, enchantment, or planeswalker, the permanent enters the battlefield under your control.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (8)||Caldazar , NobleSlay3r , Fairseas , zach353 , zachi , brokendwarf , Antiat , Justinaut|
|Want (5)||pskinn01 , No1HanSolo , Oloro_Magic , essex0619 , BetaTest|
2 weeks ago
There are some packages that can help
1 month ago
Nice to see snap delver thing out and about again. Some spells I'd consider that have done well with this deck in the past.
Those aside Commandeer is almost a must have for tron.
Jace, the Mind Sculptor is easily castable in this deck and would help fuel your hands to flip your thing in the Ice.
1 month ago
Ooh, Faeries. I play with Faeries a lot, so, naturally, a few ideas came to mind.
- I'm not a fan of Mind Sculptor in the deck. Yes, he's powerful, but he's a sorcery-speed four-mana spell that doesn't win the game immediately. Liliana's a much better fit here, especially being able to recur your faeries for even more fun.
- Something I always recommend with Faerie decks is Cavern of Souls, and, in your case, you play a lot of wizards, so you can name that. Also in terms of landbase, I don't like Tar Pit, as it comes in too slow, and would suggest Secluded Glen instead.
- I like using Scion of Oona, as it helps to protect your faeries (including Bitterblossom!) and smash face when that time comes. Four may be too much, but a few seem like good options.
- In terms of hand disruption, my view is that Thoughtseize is pretty important: it's proactive threat neutralization for one mana (and two life), though Inquisition of Kozilek is perhaps better in the early game.
- As crazy as it sounds, with all the blue you have in the deck, Commandeer may be a good option in the sideboard. It swipes Planeswalkers and big spells otherwise (ex. Part the Waterveil in the "oops all turns" builds), plus it costing zero mana means it can often come from nowhere. You also have Imp's Mischief as a very unexpected misdirection-like effect.
As for specific deck answers...
- I run Hurkyl's Recall as a sideboard answer for Affinity/Lantern: two mana to bounce almost anything can be a lifesaver.
- For storm (I don't know if it's very popular where you are), consider both Mindbreak Trap and Nimble Obstructionist. The latter can also serve as a 3/1 blocker/face smasher and can also stop nasty effects you don't want to deal with.
- To deal with graveyards and graveyard shenanigans, either Extirpate, Leyline of the Void, Relic of Progenitus, or Surgical Extraction are all potentially good options to consider. I'm a fan of the Relic, but Leyline's useful as well in that it comes out on turn 0 if needed.
2 months ago
Daedalus19876: First, let me start off by saying that I love Vera, and it is a great honor to hear a truly great deckbuilder say that they are a fan of my deck. Thank you!
I actually forgot to put Dramatic Reversal in the deck. It will be finding its way in right after I am done writing this.
Sunder was a card I forgot existed! It definitely needs a place in this deck!
2 months ago
This deck is impressive and I am very much a fan. However, a few quick thoughts :)
Why in the world are you not playing Dramatic Reversal? It goes infinite with Isochron Scepter+rocks, functions as a decent ramp spell on many hands, and allows you to do disgusting things if you have a Stasis down but have not yet assembled the winning combo.
I see you are already running most of the defensive counterspells, but have you considered Foil and Commandeer? You should have plenty of cards to pitch considering all of your symmetrical draw effects.
Happy deckbuilding! You definitely get a +1 from me ;)
2 months ago
Thank you SO much for this guide. I'm looking to get into Modern, playing a play style that I enjoy (even if it isn't the most competitive to start). I had a couple questions for you...
4) What are your thoughts on forcing your opponent to draw to lose during say an Emrakul trigger? For example, Shelldock Isle an Overflowing Insight , playing Careful Consideration, or Cephalid Coliseum?
Thanks again for the time and energy you put into this. I appreciate any and all input!
3 months ago
Luxor11 3x Commandeer in and 2x Spreading Seas in. The cards that must be replaced are depending on the situation and the type of tron deck. It could be Redirect or Remand or maybe some Cryptic Command.
3 months ago
Echoing Truth hat den Vorteil gegenber Token-Decks. Auerdem hast du 3 Moeglichkeiten, die auf 1 zu reduzieren.
Miscalculation ist ganz nett, aber (meiner Meinung nach) der schwchste Counter in dem Deck. Vor allem im Commander sind im spteren Verauf des Spiels nicht mehr viel