|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Return any number of target nonland, nontoken permanents you control to their owners' hands. Draw a card for each card returned to your hand this way.
Paradoxical Outcome Discussion
1 week ago
I've been playing kess storm to great success for the past 2 years now. A card that sees a lot of play in vintage and that worked great in kess too is Paradoxical Outcome . It seems to me with shimmer myr out and all the mana positive rocks that this could work out great for both recasting your rocks and drawing into more gas. What are your thoughts?
1 week ago
Remove: Dack's Duplicate , Diluvian Primordial , Inkwell Leviathan , Ornithopter , Phyrexian Ingester , Psychosis Crawler , Knowledge Exploitation , Dissipate , Reins of Power , Stoic Rebuttal , Izzet Cluestone , Manalith , Spectral Searchlight , Venser's Journal , Vessel of Endless Rest , one land
Add: Whir of Invention , Negate , Retract , Scrap Mastery , Reshape , Hedron Archive , Darksteel Forge , Paradoxical Outcome , Hurkyl's Recall , Thought Vessel , Kuldotha Forgemaster , Saheeli's Directive , Aether Spellbomb , Rebuild , Soul of New Phyrexia , Mycosynth Wellspring , Ichor Wellspring , Foundry Inspector
2 weeks ago
King_C_Waffa Thank you for your input! You're correct in assuming I'm pretty new to cEDH, although I have probably 7 other decks IRL that already have all snow lands and Extraplanar Lens . I don't feel it's necessary for this deck though. I don't play EDH competitively very often because in my area all the cEDH players are insufferable assholes, plus I tend to play more for fun usually. However, I just had to take a stab at this deck. So let's get down to the suggestions:
- Intuition is great. I knew it felt like I was missing some powerful tutor. It is definitely being added.
- Paradigm Shift seemed decent, which was why it was in the maybeboard, but I've had a day to think about it and I agree it should be in here.
- I'm not sure I need Windfall . I did consider it, but I think most of the time Tolarian Winds is going to be better since the odds are that I won't draw it until I'm comboing off anyway.
- I have multiple back up win conditions in the deck already, and although I was being cute with the Charbelcher combo with Dramatic Reversal + Isochron Scepter I'll probably swap that over to an Aetherflux Reservoir . Paradox Engine might find its way in
- Panharmonicon is in because I have a strong feeling I'll need to rebuild many times, and this helps me do so. But you know what? Let's go more defensive. This is going to be a Defense Grid .
- Mox Amber is terrible in commander, usually. I play it none of my other decks. I think it's perfectly fine in this deck since I'm only trying to get to 6 mana and Fblthp should be in play most of the time.
- Daze is probably fine to cut, I agree.
- I also do not know what the point of Paradoxical Outcome was. When I built this list at work, I first settled on a number of lands to run and then all I did was add cards until I had exactly 100, and the maybeboard cards on here were all cards I thought of afterward. Up until now, I haven't touched the list since I made it. I think I had some dumb idea with it originally but never followed up with whatever it was, so yeah it needs to change.
So all in all, I think the current changes are as follows:
1 month ago
2 months ago
Technically it's a mixed variant, I can potentially win within T3-4 if I so choose to but it's more risky that way as I won't have built up enough resources to protect by winning line. To be specific it's a mid-range Ad Nauseam built where if it ever resolves during any mid-game the probability of winning is about 90%.
The key point is having Kess on the battlefield and use her as a recurable resource, I didn't go storm route because if I did I would actually change up the deck list and be going towards a Bonus Round route and use different types of rituals ex. Rite of Flame / Pyretic Ritual / Desperate Ritual .
Paradoxical Outcome is great in any storm deck, just doesn't fit the bill for me as I am running an Ad Naus curve, especially since I am running Dark Petition in the deck since I don't own another Imperial Seal yet. Life management is huge for me as I am pretty known as the threatening player so aggro always come at me first plus a majority of our board wipes in these colors rely on life ( Fire Covenant / Toxic Deluge ). That being said I do contemplate time from time in adding in Pyroclasm or even Volcanic Fallout .
Also yes, Shadow of Doubt has been one of my tech cards that is super lit, literally tells someone NO. Although you have to be careful as you can't tutor as well until end of turn.
2 months ago
I'd also reccomend Paradoxical Outcome , that's an all star in my Kess deck.
2 months ago
Have you tested with Paradoxical Outcome ? It seems like a must have in this type of strategy but I could see an argument for where you might need too many things to go right for it to work. Guess it depends on the average board state this list develops.
2 months ago
You deck has made quite a few changes since the last time I saw it. I must say I like how the deck is coming together.
I would like to know what your thoughts are on replacing one of the signets with a Basalt Monolith . My reasoning is that it by itself allows infinite (albeit colorless) mana with your Dramatic Reversal / Isochron Scepter combo as well as going infinite with the Rings of Brighthearth you already have included.
I would also love to hear your reasoning for including Trusted Advisor . With Damia as your commander, I wonder how often its first ability would be relevant. The second ability seems to me more pertinent, as by recasting one of your cheap advisors you could gain card advantage through cards like Beast Whisperer and Kindred Discovery . Do you think that effect is worth a slot in the deck? If you do, I wonder if Temur Sabertooth could perform that function better. I often include this card in creature-heavy decks as it allows me to return my board in whole or in part to my hand in response to a board wipe being cast. The obvious downsides are that it is not an advisor itself and its ability costs mana to activate as opposed to being a free trigger. Paradoxical Outcome could serve a similar purpose as well as providing additional draw
Paradoxical Outcome occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%