Ordeal of Nylea
Enchantment — Aura
Whenever enchanted creature attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on it. Then if it has three or more +1/+1 counters on it, sacrifice Ordeal of Nylea.
When you sacrifice Ordeal of Nylea, search your library for up to two basic land cards, put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Ordeal of Nylea Discussion
5 months ago
7 months ago
Some thoughts. I think you want to build this as an aggro stompy deck - as it’ll want to close the game out early.
From a competitive modern standpoint, i don’t think the following cards you’re running are worth it:
Inscription of Abundance is kindof good but maybe better as a sideboard option against decks where you need to fight creatures to death. I think this mostly just doesn’t get enough value.
Selesnya Charm doesn’t do enough for you.
Inspiring Call gets you good card draw, but doesn’t apply pressure, and will likely give your opponent enough breathing room to stabilise
Incubation / Incongruity isnt good imo, you want to be applying pressure every turn in the form of creatures.
Tezzeret's Gambit is again, useful, but slow. I don’t think its worth it in this build.
Hardened Scales i don’t think fits here, just cause its not a creature that can swing for damage.
Ajani, the Greathearted it waaay too slow to be useful.
9 months ago
Personally, I think voltron strategies are some of the most cost effective for a beginning budget player.
A commander like Skullbriar, the Walking Grave can be tuned to be competitive at any table and does especially well in duels.
A lot of his best cards like Evolutionary Escalation Feast on the Fallen Hydra's Growth Ordeal of Nylea Biogenic UpgradeSoul's Might Ring of Kalonia FireshriekerWinding Constrictor Corpsejack Menace and many others are cheap.
My deck is not budget, but you could replace the most expensive 30 cards with budget friendly alternatives and still have a deck that stomps most tables. https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/15-09-20-skullbriar-the-walking-grave/
10 months ago
1 year ago
I think your deck has a solid start, but could benefit from having a few more enchantments. Personally, I think you could cut all of your artifacts, or at least the ramp artifacts, and include a few more enchantments like Weirding Wood, Wolfwillow Haven, Utopia Sprawl, or Unbridled Growth.
I'm not sure what your budget is like, but a few really helpful Auras are Rancor, Aspect of Mongoose, and Whip Silk, since they can all be replayed multiple times. Ordeal of Thassa and Ordeal of Nylea can both be helpful and pop-off early since your creatures will likely already have counters on them.
Simic Sky Swallower is okay as a beefy body, but can't be enchanted. You might be better off with something like Nylea's Colossus or Prime Speaker Zegana, both of which synergize with enchantments & counters.
If you're interested, check out my Eutropia deck, WAP- Wet Ass +1/+1 Counters. I built mine more around +1/+1 counter synergies with Auras.
1 year ago
Hey cool tribe! I'd suggest addding some more auras to help trigger Nyx Herald and Lagonna-Band Trailblazer. Ones that would put +1/+1 counters on your creatures like Forced Adaptation, Ordeal of Heliod, and Ordeal of Nylea might help. Then you might be able to play a couple of Chronicler of Heroes.
1 year ago
Get rid of Unearth and Zombify and replace them with Reanimate and Animate Dead. I really like some of your choices like Ordeal of Nylea, super good with the ability to sac it right away. A few other cards in here I'm contemplating adding to my build as well but the usual struggle of what to take out is always the hardest part. Cool deck,+1! Thanks for checking out my build and upvoting, I appreciate it!
1 year ago
Okay buddy here we go!
I think we need to fix a lot of things here. Ramp is an easy fix, we'll get some more instant/sorceries that get lands because they are safest. Then we'll work on getting more counters on Hallar in more efficient ways. We'll also swap out some of your kicker spells for other kicker spells that do better things.
Cards to look at:
- Snake Umbra It's protection and draw
- Ordeal of Nylea Counters and ramp
- Wolfbriar Elemental an "eh" kicker but lots of tokens if you get the mana
- Vigor awesome against Neheb and Torbran
- Verduran Emissary kicker and removal
- Thicket Elemental kicker and free creature, but it costs a lot so maybe not
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal another hardened scales
- Mold Shambler kicker and removal (better than Thicket Elemental)
- Citanul Woodreaders kicker and draw (better than Thicket Elemental)
- Rishkar's Expertise draw and free spell
- Greater Good is good for drawing cards in the event a board wipe or removal happens. Yeah you have to discard 3 but who cares when you're hopefully drawing 8+ by sacking Hallar
- Return of the Wildspeaker another draw or a buff
- Hunter's Insight Since Hallar has trample you'll definitely get cards, but this can be 3 mana draw 8+ if he's unblocked
- Canopy Surge cheap kicker that also hits players so you can bring them down lower
- Chandra's Ignition boardwipe/damage players
- Breath of Darigaaz cheap kicker that also jits players
- Quest for Pure Flame cheap damage doubler to help you close a game. One Hallar activation puts 3 counters on it.
- Hour of Devastation solid boardwipe that hopefully won't kill Hallar
- Tectonic Reformation For cycling lands
- Solidarity of Heroes cheap kicker that doubles counters
- Heroic Intervention protection
- Savage Offensive cheap kicker that's a combat trick sorta
- Blade of the Bloodchief might be good with Elenda and Teysa sacking all those creatures.
- Primal Vigor double counters
- Llanowar Reborn easy +1 at the cost of it coming in tapped, great in opening hand
- Jiang Yanggu, Wildcrafter mana and +1s
- Rishkar, Peema Renegade mana and +1s
- Forgotten Ancient more counters
- Farseek 2 mana ramp
- Sakura-Tribe Elder 2 mana ramp
- Rampant Growth 2 mana ramp
- Nature's Lore 2 mana ramp
- Kodama's Reach 3 mana ramp and guaranteed land drop
- Cultivate 3 mana ramp and guaranteed land drop
- Explore 2 mana ramp and draw
Cards to maybe cut
- Azusa, Lost but Seeking only good early game or if you're drawing a ton of cards, replace with any 2 mana ramp card
- Elvish Visionary replace with Explore
- Grand Warlord Radha Looking to go lower on creatures, replace with 2 mana ramp spell
- Grunn, the Lonely King replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Loyal Guardian replace with better +1 counter option
- Rummaging Goblin Replace with better draw
- Savage Ventmaw 2 mana ramp spell
- Servant of the Scale replace with better +1 counter
- Skizzik replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Untamed Kavu replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Fog You know I don't like these but I know you like them. I'd replace with Heroic Intervention
- Magmatic Insight replace with Tectonic reformation
- Expedite replace with draw spell
- Darksteel Ingot 2 mana ramp
- Gruul Locket 2 mana ramp
- Gruul Cluestone 2 mana ramp
- Repercussion is way, waaaaaaaaaaaay to risky now with Neheb AND torbran. replace with anything really
- Forced Adaptation Replace with better +1 or doubler
- Radha, Heir to Keld replace with 2 mana ramp spell
So with all that I hope you're mana will be more consistant and your draw will be more powerful, then you'll be able to dump more counters on Hallar and snipe some wins. If not, your kicker spells will have more impact because they'll draw or remove or ramp. Focus on the 2cmc ramp cards, then swap out the kicker spells, then get those draw cards in there.
Here's a Deck you can also look at