|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Artificer
When Thopter Engineer enters the battlefield, put a 1/1 colorless Thopter artifact creature token with flying onto the battlefield.
Artifact creatures you control have haste. (They can attack and [[symbol:T] as soon as they come under your control.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Thopter Engineer Discussion
1 month ago
As someone who used to have standard U/R Tremors deck that focused on burning the opponen with thopter tokens, I like this deck, but feel like the Impact Tremors itself isn't getting enough love for my taste; you could try cards like Pia and Kiran Nalaar, Pia Nalaar and/or Thopter Engineer, it's always nice to get the extra tremors effect from the tokens (Oh the joy of having 3 Tremors on board and slamming Pia and Kiran to field for 9 damage).
If you're concidering splashing color, I personally would suggest blue for cards like Mirror Mockery (attach to something that creates tokens, the token created by Mirror Mockery will be exiled, but the tokens created by the token will stay in field), Whirler Rogue and Ensoul Artifact if you get some more artifacts to the deck. Mirror Mockery mostly, as you can also attach it to something nice ETB effect creature of your opponent's, possibly freezing that cards from attacking totally if he/she doesn't want you to get free ETB effect and blocker (and burn from Tremors).
Other nice thing that would go with blue is Darksteel Citadel and Thopter Spy Network but that would require little more than just splashing to blue, you would likely want to make proper U/R deck at that point.
1 month ago
Yes! Someone else appreciates Depala!
I actually put together a Depala deck recently that's been running well (Depala's Great Dwarf Armada) so I may be able to help!
Siege Modification is very powerful in combination with a lot of these cards. Dwarven Recruiter is excellent for this deck. Metalwork Colossus synergizes great with vehicles, as long as they're not crewed. Open the Vaults and Thopter Engineer are great, too.
If you want, you can check out my build for more ideas. Regardless, Depala is awesome and underrated!
2 months ago
clayperce, any thoughts?
The changes to the deck are: -2x Inventor's Apprentice, -3x Thopter Engineer, -3x Lightning Strike for 2x Heart of Kiran, 4x Tezzeret's Touch (currently as Ensoul 5-8), and 2 lands (20 --> 22) the manabase has been switched around to accomodate for more black sources, with the painlands (but 1, as well as one fastland) being replaced with Industrial Tower and Concealed Courtyard. The current breakdown of my colors has Red being the most (by far), followed by Blue, then Black at five symbols and White at four symbols. The mana will be clunkier here, but hopefully Industrial Tower will make up for this. Tezz seems good as a 1-of as his second ability can win me games on a 5/5 or 4/4 flyer, and not just kill opposing creatures.
2 months ago
Saw the link on /tg/, figured I would provide some feedback. Admittedly, this kind of deck is out of my element (I don't play combo) so I wouldn't take whatever suggestions provided as absolutely necessary changes.
Individual Card Suggestions
Card draw/Tutor/Cheating things into play:
Haste enablers (since I'm big on haste):
Cards I Would Remove
- Gauntlet of Might - I don't see the immediate benefit of this card, and disagree with the price. I think this card could be swapped out with something that doesn't also benefit any opponent's red creatures (like Caged Sun).
- Gilded Lotus - It is odd to see this in a monocolored deck.
- Commander's Sphere - Also odd seeing this in a monocolored deck, but the card draw option is nice.
- Skullclamp - Not a lot of options to get the card draw effect, from what I'm seeing.
- Karn Liberated - Karn is a little too durdly. Maybe swap with Ugin, the Spirit Dragon given the focus on colorless permanents.
- Bloodstained Mire and Wooded Foothills - I don't see why you would need to fetch for a Mountain or Madblind Mountain.
- Smoldering Crater and Forgotten Cave - I understand the need to draw a card, but these may be better replaced by standard Mountains.
- Kher Keep - Get an 0/1 blocker, I guess? Would swap out for Temple of the False God.
- Warp World - Necessary for chaos decks, but this doesn't look like a chaos deck.
Hopefully I provided some beneficial suggestions. Good luck with the deck!
2 months ago
KaiserChronic I think I actually like Pia Nalaar more than I do Pia and Kiran Nalaar! I like Thopter Engineer for giving artifact creatures haste so I might want to keep it as a three of. I'm still playing around with quantities though so I'll test it out with two Thopter Engineers and see how that plays for now. If two isn't enough I'll cut Pia and Kiran Nalaar for Pia Nalaar because she is a must. Great suggestion, thanks!