Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Drana and Linvala
Legendary Creature — Vampire Angel
Activated abilities of creatures your opponents control can't be activated.
Drana and Linvala has all activated abilities of all creatures your opponents control. You may spend mana as though it were mana of any colour to activate those abilities.
2 months ago
2 months ago
No problem dude! Glad to help, truly.
As a longtime brewer of this particular Commander, I'm definitely seeing a few cards here that I would cut in favor of more card draw, Ramp, Tutors, & Interaction to get you to your power pieces like Vilis, Broker of Blood. Please don't take this the wrong way, but it will be a shorter list to include the things that I would personally keep in the list, sans Lands. Here we go:
Everything outside of these ones should be replaced with value pieces imo! I'd also heavily recommend that you pick up a copy of Razaketh, the Foulblooded. It was just reprinted in Commander Masters, and is hovering around ~$8 at the time of this post! It was just like $25-$30 a little while ago. Insane. I'd also recommend looking through the Dominaria Remastered set, lots of spicy reprints in there that have taken a price plunge & could be great here like Sneak Attack & Gamble.
3 months ago
I want to build an Ikra Shidiqi, the Usurper // Tymna the Weaver life gain commander deck. It will be used for semi-casual play at a LGS, so good players with decent decks but not a lot of bonkers combos going off by turn 5.
I have never been amazing a cooking up commander decks that actually function, especially on a budget. Can anyone help me put together a basic/affordable decklist that I can expand on with more expensive cards later (let's say sub $200, preferably closer to $100, price is a little flexible)?
So far, I have the following cards that I know will work here:
Deathrite Shaman Vito, Thorn of the Dusk Rose Swords to Plowshares Dina, Soul Steeper Voice of the Blessed Kambal, Consul of Allocation Willowdusk, Essence Seer Vampire Nighthawk Drana and Linvala Rodolf Duskbringer Rampant Growth Farseek
I also own both commanders, so that's $30 I don't need to worry about.
Any help is appreciated.
4 months ago
4 months ago
I would second Poprox's suggestion to add Bloodthirster. It's strictly better than Scourge of the Throne in this deck, so I would replace it for that. Though he's no angel/demon/dragon, I think Isshin, Two Heavens as One can also prove very useful. Drana and Linvala should be a maybe- or sideboard consideration at least, as they have exceptionally powerful, versatile potential.
4 months ago
I don't see the problem with this deck. Not at all. However, I have some suggestions to make it even more "fun" for Kevin:
- The Filth and Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth combo seems like a fun addition. Not only do I recommend Urborg (and, for that matter, Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth in general for decks, but this one means your creatures won't be getting blocked. (Good luck to your opponents!)
- For more things that bring friends with them, you could also think about Junji, the Midnight Sky and Priest of Fell Rites as other reanimators; I get good mileage out of them. Athreos, God of Passage is a sacrifice pay-off I've found to be quite noxious for some people to deal with, and I also quite like Yawgmoth, Thran Physician as a sacrifice outlet.
- Yosei, the Morning Star, Archon of Cruelty, Archfiend of Despair, Questing Beast, The Gitrog Monster, Thalia and The Gitrog Monster, and Kogla, the Titan Ape are nice payoff creatures I recommend. Drana and Linvala and Linvala, Keeper of Silence can also be supremely annoying for your opponents to try to deal with, which is also why I highly recommend them.
- Sylvan Library would combo extremely well with Underrealm Lich and Abundance, but it can be an expensive card cost-wise.
- If you do find your mana ramping to quite high totals, Genesis Wave is well worth considering.
- In decks like this, I still don't feel comfortable without some pinpoint removal tools. My favorites are Vindicate, Anguished Unmaking, Assassin's Trophy, and Swords to Plowshares, but this can be also dependent on your playgroup. I might also recommend the typical suite of tutors (for you, Enlightened Tutor, Worldly Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Diabolic Intent, and Expedition Map would be at the top of my list), but that's maybe less important.
- Field of the Dead is a close-to-auto-include for me in a deck like this, but don't get it just for this.
5 months ago
It would be based on Drana and Linvala's power. When something uses its own name in the text of an ability (without specifically saying something like "a card named N"), it means "this object right here". If something else gains that ability, it will keep the "this object" meaning, so in your example that means Drana and Linvala will have an ability that says "Add an amount of equal to Drana and Linvala's power".
5 months ago
Since Marwyn, the Nurturer's activated ability says "Add green equal to Marwyn's power", Drana and Linvala's activated ability would say the same. Would Drana and Linvala look at my opponent's Marwyn's power to tap for mana or would it just tap for 0?