Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Goblin Shaman
Vexing Shusher can't be countered.
: Target spell can't be countered.
1 month ago
Against 60 Force of Will, a sideboarded Vexing Shusher and some more Elvish Spirit Guide is my best suggestion, but that's adding more moving parts. In the mirror match, like with most of these sort of decks, it's a coin flip. It all comes down to who gets the better opening hand, or even who goes first.
7 months ago
PhyrexianPraetor Thannks again for all the good card suggestions. I really appreciate it! I remember the black devotion decks well, good ol Gary! Gray Merchant of Asphodel and Phyrexian Obliterator, nasty stuff mate! The Shivan Devastator is indeed a pretty sick new card! I have a few but they are in my brother's Dragon deck with the Stormbreath Dragons and Thunderbreak Regents, but maybe I'll order another one or two for me! Boros Reckoner is a great card as well, I had them in the main board, and they have totally saved my skin in the past, I pushed them out to lower the curve a bit more, but I always keep them in the wings as a possibility. Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx is already in the deck, gotta have that in any devotion deck for sure! Robber of the Rich is also a great card that can provide value and remove possible threats from the opponents deck before they become a problem, I wish I had paper copies, I have him in my historic RDW on arena for certain, I'll look getting some physical copies. As for the War Elemental, Stigma Lasher, Harsh Mentor, and Vexing Shusher, I do not have any of those cards, but I'll put them into consideration! Cheers!
7 months ago
BotaNickill I also played standard around the time of RTR and Theros. I favoured Black Devotion myself.
Here is a list of cards you might find fun to test with.
1) Leyline of Punishment for the side, Stigma Lasher is a good alternative. I suggest these due to the prevalence of food decks. Gaining life doesn’t generally win the game, but it gives the opponent enough time to get control.
2) Harsh Mentor was a good card for a few years. It was used in traditional burn decks to punish players with lots of fetch-lands, effectively bolting the opponent every-time they cracked a fetch.
3) Vexing Shusher is a card that I have seen in the past in Naya Zoo and Green Stompy lists. Can be good against control or forces the control player to waste a spell to deal with it.
4) Boros Reckoner was a common choice I saw in standard Red Devotion lists. More often than not it will get through due to it’s ability.
5) Robber of the Rich is a cheap alternative to Ragavan. It doesn’t give treasure tokens, but it more or less achieves the same thing.
6) These last two are neat ideas. Shivan Devastator is a new card you probably have seen. It’s a good card that scales with the game and unlike most other “X” spells it has haste and if you ever added Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx it would be a strong combo. One other card I have seen on a few occasions is War Elemental. I played against a burn player sometime back and he had three of these in his deck. Was kind of annoying to deal with due to getting three +1/+1 counters almost every turn.
1 year ago
Insist, Spellbreaker Behemoth, Savage Summoning, Prowling Serpopard, Vexing Shusher, and Allosaurus Shepherd are all options to stop your creatures from being countered if that's a threat you're concerned about.
1 year ago
Oof, that would hurt in more ways than one! Just play Vexing Shusherand nothing can go wrong :)
1 year ago
I'm working on a pod of Legends-led decks that are somewhat like this, I also settled on Sunastian for Gruul. It's mostly budget Eldrazi atm, but there are a few things in your build that I'm taking a look at!
Not sure if you need it in your meta, but maybe a Warping Wail to protect yourself from wipes? Not of This World works with some of your biggies to protect them, and Artifact Mutation is really funny if you've ever got Blightsteel out. Not sure if you've got lots of countermagic in your pod, but Spellbreaker Behemoth can help you resolve your big stuff, while Spearbreaker Behemoth can help protect big stuff. There is also Vexing Shusher, but again, very much requires people to run counters against you. War Cadence is a weird card that can make your creatures very hard to block if you've got a board, but it can also be used to tax blockers on someone else's turn, IE if they aren't attacking you.
Cool idea, not being the archenemy from the start of the game can be a nice change, and it doesn't mean you can't end up winning later.
1 year ago
I like the deck! It seems like you run a lot of symmetrical draw type cards, and while that does make more Snake Tokens over time, it might be too advantageous for your opponents. I've had a few games where the extra cards our opponents drew off of Horn of Greed were much more valuable than us creating a few Snake Tokens, so I personally don't run a ton of those cards in my Xyris deck.
Vexing Shusher is an excellent idea, I'm going to work on finding a way to slot it into mine. Being able to make our Wheels uncounterable feels really good, especially since our opponents might be finding fresh Counterspells in their new hands.
One suggestion I would give is Splendid Reclamation. It's a fantastic late game card after you've wheeled a few times. You might not need the extra mana, but it's always nice to have.
1 year ago
The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale en volada pa mantener al resto mas piola.
en mi opinion sacaria: Glint-Horn Buccaneer (mas q nada por q no me gusta mucho noma),Living Twister, sacaria 1 o 2 de cualquiera de los encantamientos q cuestan 5/6, Bag of Holding en volada tmb, Dragon Mage, Krosan Grip y/o java
podrias poner cartas con cycling o retrace, tmb Rites of Spring esta wena pa ponerla y Treasure Map Flip le puede dar un poco de mas seleccion de cartas. hmmm le dejaria igual Mulch y añadiria Winding Way por lo mismo.