Legendary Creature — Human Soldier
: Search your library for a legendary card, reveal that card, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
|Have (2)||CampbellStev , rockleemyhero|
Printings View all
|From the Vault: Legends (V11)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Captain Sisay occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Captain Sisay Discussion
1 week ago
Oh man, I didn't expect that to be a real edit you made. I think it'll work great! Now that you did it:
Easy replacements for Nature's Claim are Knight of Autumn and Reclamation Sage, so those might be a good include. Any replacement for Beast Within will obviously be much worse, but Meteor Golem and Mold Shambler are what I can think of off the top of my head. And I honestly can't think of anything to replace Natural Order or Tooth and Nail.
Other things: You're running 16 noncreature spells. Nikya of the Old Ways might limit you a bit, but I think it has enormous potential and might be worth a look.
I've also found that Captain Sisay is busted in this kind of deck if you have $15 that you're willing to spend.
I still love the deck!
1 week ago
Difficult to say without knowing your meta because you are stax heavy. I'll rabble off some thoughts:
I have a Chulane deck that is incredibly similar to this with stax/combos if you want to check it out for some card suggestions [Primer] Chulane's Bounce House [cEDH]
1 week ago
Cool deck! I like the theme. These cards might catch your interest: Kenrith's Transformation, Mercy Killing, Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, Captain Sisay, Satyr Enchanter, Ajani's Chosen, Mark of Eviction, Broken Fall, Molting Skin, Gossamer Chains, Curator's Ward, Three Dreams, Simic Growth Chamber, Selesnya Sanctuary, Azorius Chancery
1 month ago
What's wrong with Bant Flash Sisay?
2 months ago
What I am seeing is that you have a lot of solid cards that are great in a vacuum, but not a whole lot of cards that actually work well with one-another. In others words you don't just lack combo, you also lack synergy. The issue with a deck like this is that you may be casting spells and expanding your boardstate every turn, but you aren't doing anything impactful to the game.
- You may feel like you are going off, but really you are just playing random cards.
What you lack, overall, are bombs. You need cards that immediately threaten the presence of the game such as Craterhoof Behemoth .
However, your Commander is Captain Sisay , so I am going to suggest specifically Legendary spells. This in turn gives you synergy between your Commander and the rest of your board.
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope ; A strictly better version of Zetalpa, Primal Dawn
- Bow of Nylea : Increases the danger of attacking into you. Trust me, when players see this thing on the field, it immediately halts aggression
- Dosan the Falling Leaf : Stops blue decks in their tracks
- Ghalta, Primal Hunger : Toward the end of the game, this is effectively a 1-2 turn clock. What I mean is, if you play Ghalta after a wrath, he will take down an opponent typically in 1 or 2 attacks. If you play him before a wrath, you threaten entire boardstates as players will need to double and even triple block to absorb the damage. And if he gets countered, so what? You only paid for him, anyway. At least, in most cases
- God-Eternal Oketra : You are running a lot of creatures. This should be main-boarded with no exceptions
- Karametra, God of Harvests : She allows you to ramp by playing creatures. The hidden power of Karametra is that by taking lands directly from your deck, you thin your deck down. This in turn increases the probability of drawing into powerful cards sooner rather than later
- Konda, Lord of Eiganjo : Effectively an 8/8 you can swing with and block with every turn. Just this alone makes opponents rethink attacks because they know they will lose at least one thing. This means they must attack with two creatures, knowing at least one will die
- Linvala, Keeper of Silence : Snuffs out creature-focused combo decks
- Odric, Lunarch Marshal : Overall a powerful synergy piece once your boardstate is robust enough
- Parhelion II : Solid boardstate generator
- Shalai, Voice of Plenty : Stops a lot of midrange decks
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger : Gross
- Yeva, Nature's Herald : Play in response to actions. Give your opponents the least amount of time to react to your spells
- Zetalpa, Primal Dawn : Deadly beater
2 months ago
Though I prefer stax over superfriends
You should run
2 months ago
So, edh just keeps growing but it definitely doesn't feel like it use to. I feel it's a byproduct of all the resources available to players. What do you think the time frame is for a commander to be fully optimized or figured out? There will obviously be some fluctuation in this given new cards coming out could heavily impact a Commander's viability in more competitive pods. Paradox Engine brought out so much power from cards like Captain Sisay and Arcum Dagson; so basically optimized based on what's available once the set the commander is from is fully spoiled. I say 3 days.