|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Venser vs. Koth (DDI)||Common|
Combos Browse all
- If I have Bruna, Light of Alabaster on the battlefield attached enchanted with Steel of the Godhead and Spirit Loop, do I gain double the damage dealt?
- can child of alara single handedly kill an overpowered bruna, light of alabaster
- Can I use Venser, the Sojourner to move a Steel of the Godhead onto a Deft Duelist?
Steel of the Godhead
Enchantment — Aura
As long as enchanted creature is white, it gets +1/+1 and has lifelink. (Damage dealt by the creature also causes its controller to gain that much life.)
As long as enchanted creature is blue, it gets +1/+1 and is unblockable.
Steel of the Godhead Discussion
3 days ago
Wow, a wall of text with potentially useful advice.
"is not really needed since most cards are instants and can be cast immediately after attacking with Narset."
A simple Manalith would aid in getting out Narset. As it stands, you will only be able to get Narset on turn 6, assuming you don't miss a land drop.
- You have no haste granting cards, so your strategy will only take off on turn 7 if you are lucky and nobody plays an Edict effect..
- Most people can gain a significant advantage by turn 7 if all goes well. No amount of counters can stop 3 opponent's from building their boards. You'll be a sitting duck most of the time.
There is a reason almost all commander decks run a Sol Ring . The faster you can play your strategy, the more likely you are to win.
"unless they are instant cards i don't really need them."
- Chemister's Insight is strictly better than Inspiration . There is no reason you cannot use both, but Chemister's Insight has far more utility.
- Counterspell , Archmage's Charm , Sinister Sabotage , Thought Collapse , and Dissolve are all strictly better than Cancel , and those are the cheap $$$ counters.
- Lightning Bolt and Skewer the Critics are strictly better than Lightning Strike and Wizard's Lightning especially considering you don't have any wizards.
- Your deck runs Lifelink . The card itself is cheap, but by the time your Commander is out, cost shouldn't be a consideration. Cards like Daybreak Coronet and Steel of the Godhead provide you with far more utility.
Questionably, you are running Artificer's Epiphany with only one artifact in the deck.
- You are running 11 counters as control. Those 11 counters won't do you any good with Narset unless you plan to counter your own spells. Running cards like Disperse keeps stuff off the field and will be still be useful if you happen to exile it later on.
Your burn spells won't do much against larger creatures either.
"this is not a budget deck. budget, mana or money, is not a priority. if it somehow is then it is merely a coincidence."
- I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, but I feel the need to advise you that:
- Your mana base does, in fact, matter.
- You have far better options for cards.
- The only reason to play this deck as it is, is if you were on a budget. If you are not, then you can certainly replace the cards with better versions.
3 weeks ago
I have a few more suggestions for you.
Ramp: Drop any mana rocks like Commander's Sphere that cost but only add and Gilded Lotus. These aren't helping you ramp quickly into anything. Replace the 4 of them with Talisman of Conviction , Talisman of Progress , Talisman of Creativity , and Pentad Prism . I'd also find room for Coalition Relic and Worn Powerstone .
Feel free to check out my list for inspiration. Upvotes on any of my decks are appreciated. Narset, American Beauty
4 weeks ago
So, I feel like I should mention that Erayo, Soratami Ascendant / Erayo's Essence is super-duper banned in EDH. If your playgroup is alright with it, keep it in; but be aware that about 95% of players would not be happy.
I suggest replacing it with something like Counterbalance , which works nicely with your Sensei's Divining Top . Also, if your general is on the field, being able to look and see if you want to reveal the top card of your deck to counter a spell is pretty valuable.
Mystical Tutor is awesome if your general is on the field, as it becomes a pseudo-tutor-to-hand effect.
Narset, Parter of Veils is a pretty busted card -- she even lets you clear a creature off of the top of your deck if you need it, in addition to her static hate-ability. Pairing her with a Windfall is especially powerful. Faithless Looting is another way to get past uncastable creatures and/or lands.
I've had good success with Treasure Cruise in my Elsha of the Infinite list. Similarly, I think Dig Through Time is probably a better Drawn from Dreams , as it is instant-speed. Other mass-draw spells to consider include: Fact or Fiction , Chemister's Insight , Chart a Course .
If you run only monks and your meta isn't tribal-heavy, Harsh Mercy may be worth including.
Your ramp package has some room for improvement. I've never been impressed with three-mana mana-rocks in EDH, since two-drop rocks are available and tend to be better. I suggest running some of the following instead of your Chromatic Lantern , Commander's Sphere , and a few other cards if you want to make cuts: Talisman of Progress , Talisman of Conviction , Talisman of Creativity , Mind Stone , Thought Vessel , Azorius Signet , Everflowing Chalice (which can be cast for zero off the top, if you really want to get past it), Prismatic Lens , Coldsteel Heart (maybe), Arcane Signet , Fellwar Stone or even Guardian Idol . This has the added bonus of allowing you to cut some lands -- I don't think you should be running more than 34, and probably want to be around 32 or 33.
If you craft your creature-package carefully, you can run effects like Kozilek's Return or Pyroclasm . Keep in mind that these trigger prowess, so your Monastery Mentor will survive a Pyroclasm , assuming you're the one who casts it.
Counterspells are tough in Elsha of the Infinite , since you can't cast them without a target and thus can clog the top of your deck. To fix this, try modal counters that can be cast with an empty stack. Some to consider: Pyroblast , Red Elemental Blast , Archmage's Charm , Mystic Confluence , Izzet Charm .
You appear to do very little library-searching. You can take advantage of this with Mindlock Orb , which punishes tutor-tribal decks (decks anything like the ones I build and play against) hard.
Steel of the Godhead is, I think, better than your Aether Tunnel . It does cost one more mana, but it gives Elsha of the Infinite lifelink, which means it can likely also replace Basilisk Collar and free up a card-slot.
Alright. That's all I got. Good luck!
1 month ago
Noxious Ghoul completely shuts down a lot of decks.
Steel of the Godhead would make your boss 6/6 unblockable, lifelink and you get at least one zombie attacking without fear of being blocked.
There are black and blue ninjas that might work here. You get the boss ability on attack and then if you have an unblocked zombie you can Ninjitsu for any number of effects. Zombies with an ETB can be recast then.
2 months ago
You don't have to go overboard on the Voltron strategy if you don't want to, you could instead play a simple, but effective 4-5 auras to enchant Zur:
- Empyrial Armor : win condition with Necropotence and/or no max hand size ( Reliquary Tower , Thought Vessel ) and/or other auras.
- Diplomatic Immunity : protect Zur.
- Steel of the Godhead
- Daybreak Coronet : vigilance is helpful.
- Ethereal Armor
Zur's ability to get and choose from lots of enchantments is great for a control toolbox:
Protection for you - Solitary Confinement : powerful with Necropotence; it makes sure you have cards in your hand to discard to keep the protection. Yes, any card you discard to keep Confinement will be exiled, but that's fine when you have tons of cards in your hand to choose from.
Protection for Zur - Diplomatic Immunity : when you get an aura with Zur it enters the battlefield without being cast therefore it doesn't target. Even if a creature has shroud you can enchant that creature with that aura. Shielded by Faith , Kaya's Ghostform
Graveyard hate - Rest in Peace
Land disruption - Back to Basics : powerful land disruption if you build your manabase around basic lands. Signets and Talismans can really help if going the basic land route. Mana Breach , Overburden
Reanimation - Animate Dead
2 months ago
All required enchantments for control-voltron:
Possible enchantment: Arcane Laboratory (slightly better than Rule of Law , unless Pyroblast / Red Elemental Blast are played often), Aura of Silence , Imprisoned in the Moon , all dependent on metagame.
Otherwise, run a lot of 2cmc or less mana rocks, the best 0-2 cmc interaction, some hate, lands, etc. and win.
2 months ago
Depending on the budget of your deck here's some card suggestions.
If you can afford to add all these cards then that's great. They're all good for really for any strategy you choose with Zur.
3 months ago
xaarvaxus thanks for your comment man. I think Steel of the Godhead might be a good add over the umbra, I just really like the totem armor, but I'll see how it plays out over a few games with it in an early hand over the umbra since I think I have a copy.
Steel of the Godhead occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%