|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||None|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Rare|
|Rise of the Eldrazi (ROE)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Kor Wizard
Kor Spiritdancer gets +2/+2 for each Aura attached to it.
Whenever you cast an Aura spell, you may draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (28)||Wazerwifle , ibraJG84 , kpral , Fineontheoutside , mziter501 , Forkbeard , , pokemate0 , plof , TehDelta , theilluminaire , frederiklw , Vergil_Redgrail , Justinaut , TheAlmostHero , jwitzleben , KingMathoro , cklise , zachi , Wolfebladeelite , MagnaAura , itheoryz , Pumpkinking913 , Hunter67345 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , mazrimtaim , Cazaz0816 , zach353|
|Want (19)||Djricci97 , Nemorov88 , eeagle , Sethifide , neotox , xpsychovampx , meecht , athix , ryaniskool , theslackjaw , Dragoncaker , PerfectDisguise , CryAll , Dadaman11 , gamerhat , LordBlackblade , mk102 , wizardpch , NobleSlay3r|
Kor Spiritdancer Discussion
2 days ago
You almost have all the forms of Nahiri!
Also I think in a voltron deck you should have fewer quantity of creatures and more quality creatures. For instance run 8 REALLY good creatures that can be voltron'd or help you voltron vs. 20 creatures that are good in white but not specifically voltron.
Here are a few cards I play in my voltron deck Samurai From The Past! that I think will be of some service too you:
- Spectra Ward: Great card, does a LOT
- Armored Ascension: You only play plains, why not?
- Gift of Immortality: If you are trying to get commander damage across this is a great, otherwise its decent
- Spirit Loop: This may read like lifelink, but it is not lifelink, so you would be able to gain double the life if a creature with lifelink and spirit loop deals damage.
- Remember the Fallen: Solid recursion
- Open the Vaults: Great to bring your stuff back and isn't as expensive as Replenish
- Open the Armory: Great tutor for enchantment or equipment without the pricetag of Enlightened Tutor
- Ajani Steadfast: His +1 is great for Voltron, his -2 is meh, and his ult is great.
- Dispatch: Another path for this deck
- Vedalken Orrery: You always want to be able to play cards at instant speed, as it gives you more control of what happens to the board, specifically your board.
- Scourglass: this deals with problems and keeps all your equipment around to reequip
- Loxodon Warhammer: One of the best non-sword voltron pieces
- Argentum Armor: With the likes of Caged Sun and Extraplanar Lens, you have plenty of mana and you can just go in with a big dude and blow up people's stuff
- Basilisk Collar: Don't underestimate this card, it's so good.
- Magus of the Tabernacle: This is in my Konda Voltron deck (Samurai From The Past! Check it out please!), and it puts a huge strain on go wide strategies and makes players very carefully assess what they want to do in their turn. Either they pay the to keep their 5 creatures or they play a spell, while you are just going to pay the for whatever creature you have Voltron'd
- Leonin Abunas: Great to help deal with people picking apart your assembled voltron creature
- Leonin Shikari: Again instant speed is always a big deal, combat tricks and what not.
1 week ago
Tunman, like SynergyBuild stated. I also, didn’t find Vanishing too beneficial in this case. It is an option for protection, if extra is needed for certain metas. Right now, for me, the flex Auras that can be swapped out for alternate spells are, Predator's Gambit, Indestructibility and Spirit Loop. So if this were to be used as a blueprint. Those spells are good as gone for other flavor spells.
jesusaintnodj, thanks for the +1! I’m glad you enjoy the build! SynergyBuild, did mention before that I should add an infinite combo. So by popular demand, I’ll do just that. I’ll add Exquisite Blood + Sanguine Bond . Also, I have been playing around with a couple prototype builds based on this. One that is the “Control Edition” and the other I have dubbed the “Time Walk Edition.” Time Walk Edition, includes Nexus of Fate, Time Warp, Temporal Mastery, Temporal Trespass, Karn's Temporal Sundering, Temporal Manipulation, Capture of Jingzhou and Walk the Aeons. Cards that I cut for those are, Predator's Gambit, Indestructibility, Spirit Loop, Gilded Lotus, Consecrated Sphinx, Hero of Iroas, Kor Spiritdancer and Sram, Senior Edificer.
1 week ago
City of Solitude is in green ;-;
Autumn's Veil? Wait no... ;-;
I guess you can run Recruiter of the Guard though. Nice synergy with the enchantress effects like Mesa Enchantress, Sram, Senior Edificer, Kor Spiritdancer, it also hits Eidolon of Countless Battles, Hero of Iroas, Nomad Mythmaker, and Snapcaster Mage.
1 month ago
IMO, drop the medallion, goldenglow, and mesas. Add 4 Kor Spiritdancer and Children of Korlis. Spiritdancer works with Tethmos and Children can be looped repeatedly with Tethmos. Increase Tethmos count to 4 and add in board wipes (Wrath of God, etc).
I had a very similar but more complex idea here: Auramatic Combo Control
1 month ago
Some more reprints:
New Storm card, although I'm not sure how playable it is. If Storm can untap with it, it will absolutely kill someone.
This guy ate his partner!
"Be a real shame if someone bounced your Kor Spiritdancer..."
These guys are really neat:
I especially like that they don't have to attack first before they get their coin flips.
I wish this had haste so I could jam it into my Goblin deck:
Still an interesting card.
2 months ago
Well for starters, 3 of the 6 enchantress effects are "may" triggers; Verduran Enchantress, Mesa Enchantress, and Kor Spiritdancer (which you aren't running, probably for the best with relatively few auras). For seconds, are you seriously milling out against other players? I've fishbowled the deck near a dozen times and, assuming no removal disrupts it, it seems to "go off" around turn 7 and is still a solid 5 turns away from actually decking itself. That's pretty normal for a not-super-competitive deck. Even a casual deck should be able to combo out by turn 12 if left unmolested; that's a REALLY long game.
This is one of those cases where your opponents really should be keeping you in check. I mean, the deck has (had, at least, I swear Eidolon of Blossoms was in there earlier) 5 draw engines and as many ways to fish them out, that's pretty light. And all but one of those engines are wrath fodder.
3 months ago
Hero of Iroas was very powerful when I ran a mono-white aura heroic deck in standard. Fabled Hero was crazy with Sunbond and Ordeal of Heliod, although Sunbond is just good if you give a creature lifelink or simply have a creature with lifelink. Soldier of the Pantheon was also a powerful little one drop. If you build around auras here too you would have access to draw engines like Kor Spiritdancer and Sram, Senior Edificer. Also I wouldn't worry too much about all of your spells in here being two CMC or less because in my experience running only one and two drops will cause you to burn out and empty your hand very quickly. I don't want you to change the vision you have for this deck, I'm just saying auras have worked wonders when I had a heroic deck, and Hero of Iroas is perfect for it.