As Belbe's Portal enters the battlefield, choose a creature type.
(3), Tap: You may put a creature card of the chosen type from your hand into play.
|Want (2)||BX223Hunter , Dalton223|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Belbe's Portal occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Belbe's Portal Discussion
1 month ago
It depends on what you are looking for, with gishath you want to get as many triggers off him as you can. Strionic Resonator, Aurelia, the Warleader, Gisela, Blade of Goldnight would all help. Aggravated Assault+Neheb, the Eternal can get you infinite combats as well. You can use Planar Bridge, Belbe's Portal, Temporal Aperture to cheat out other big creatures. Also, Helm of the Host will give you multiple nonlegendary copies of Gishath, Sun's Avatar
3 months ago
Fun deck - I like my slivers chunky! Some quick thoughts/suggestions:
- What's your win-con if someone has something like a Crawlspace or Norn's Annex out? Ashnod's Altar + Sliver Queen already gives you infinite ETBs and LTBs, maybe add Impact Tremors/Bastion of Remembrance/etc as an alternative win-con :)
- It might be worth adding Phyrexian Altar alongside your Ashnod's Altar
- Anointed Procession gives you twice as many slivers to work with, meaning the ETB/LTB works with Phyrexian Altar as well as Ashnod's Altar - as well as many other cards
- Be very careful with Harmonic Sliver and infinite slivers - it's not a 'may'! It's fine if you stack your triggers so all of your slivers destroy the same artifact/enchantment, otherwise you might be forced to destroy your own stuff. (Alternatively, you could go super-mean and add a copy of Enchanted Evening alongside Harmonic Sliver to destroy all of your opponents permanents...)
- If you decide that you'd rather go down the non-infinite route, Vanquisher's Banner is a great card to make sure you're always drawing more gas! Cycling lands would also help that draw issue.
- Speaking of - the new triome cycle that is coming up in Ikoria (e.g Indatha Triome) will fit very nicely in your deck! They've also got all of the land types so can be fetched by more types of fetchland - not that you've got those in the deck :)
- Mind if I ask why Hive Stirrings is in the deck?
- FYI Quicksilver Amulet does the same as Belbe's Portal in this deck - though it costs more mana after the first activation :) Since you have Sliver Queen as your preferred 5-drop, it might be worth swapping the artifacts so that you have a 4-drop 'instant summoner' instead of a 5-drop. It also gives you plays even if you're stuck on 4 lands.
- I'm glad you haven't added Cathars' Crusade! It's a very powerful card for this type of deck, but I'll be the first to tell you that it's incredibly painful trying to keep track of all the +1/+1 counters.
You mentioned being unsure about the number of lands/mana rocks - most people operate on a '40 lands minus (number of rocks)/3' basis. Since you've got 7 forms of mana (I'm not counting Gilded Lotus since the top of your curve is 5 mana) this means 38 lands is probably about right. I've got a Narset deck with 36 lands, but that has 14 mana rocks! (Speaking of, Coalition Relic is a really great mana rock, especially when you need different colours of mana.)
(If you're really wanting to optimise your mana base, then it's worth thinking when you're likely to play certain cards. [T1->land, T2->land+rock] means that you'll have 4 mana to play with on T3 instead of the usual 3. If you have loads of 2CMC rocks then that means you'll probably want to have more 4CMC spells instead of 3CMC spells - but I don't think that level of mana optimisation is something you need to worry about in this deck or in casual EDH!)
I notice that you've not got any land-ramp in the deck even though you have green available. I'd really encourage you to add some cards like Cultivate and Kodama's Reach, since they also act like card draw as well as ramp, and mean you're much more likely to hit your 5 lands on T5. Also, people are much less likely to steal or destroy your lands than your artifacts, and using land-based ramp means you're in a much better situation to catch back up if someone Cyclonic Rifts the battlefield.
Hope that's given you some food for thought. Let me know if you want me to clarify any of the above!
5 months ago
Gotta love a BFM deck! Just some thoughts looking through:
I always find Thran Quarry and Ancient Ziggurat handy in multicolor, creature-heavy decks. Cryptolith Rite, Conjurer's Closet, and Belbe's Portal could also help get the more high-cost creatures out. There's a lot of protection already among the creature base, but I love a good Asceticism. Triumph of the Hordes, Gratuitous Violence, and Aggravated Assault may also be worth considering! With the amount of legendary creatures, Captain Sisay could be super powerful. Sorry to give so many suggestions for additions but not cuts - happy building!
6 months ago
I'm happy to see an updated list although I don't agree that things like Belbe's Portal are ramp.
6 months ago
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Eldrazi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
You can see them. They are somewhere there. Waiting in their sleep. And when they wake up - they will bring interplanar Chaos and destruction. Prepare yourselves, though shall they spare no one.
After finding Jhoira of the Ghitu , I was thinking what needs Suspend the most. Obvious answer - high mana cost cards. And what's more expensive, than Eldrazi? Hmm, I have no idea. And that's how the deck has been made. Few cards with "put on the battlefield", like Belbe's Portal or Quicksilver Amulet , few "without paying mana cost", like Omniscience , Sunbird's Invocation or Temporal Aperture and with enough mana rocks Planar Bridge or, of course Eye of Ugin .
Of course not to forget draw cards, but it's obvious in blue decks :)
And last and most important part - cards, that are taking off the time counters from suspended cards - imagine card:Omnisciense with Suspend 4 on turn 3 :) And then you have, for example Timecrafting and bang, t4 card:Omnisciense. And if not that, then maybe Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger ? And there is more removing time counters, like Clockspinning or Fury Charm or Timebender .
That do you think? Does the deck have a chance?
I am looking forward to see your feedback :)
8 months ago
Looks like a good start. I feel like black is not adding a lot right now. Mabey adding a few more black good cards can improve this. Good black cards that I would recommend are
One thing I think you need is a way/ways to cheat out your angels. Right now, your CMC for creature is almost six, which is massive. Thing like
can allow you to play these huge threats earlier.
In addition, some of the best ways to ramp is land ramp, which you have very little. Cards like
Knight of the White Orchid
can help you get more lands into the battle and increase consistency.
Overall, looks like a great start; I enjoy building tribal deck and have an angle tribe deck with Gisela, Blade of Goldnight as the commander. Angles are a strong tribe, and black add many powerful cards to the mix.
10 months ago
I love how streamlined and focused this is becoming. Hugely good. I might even suggest Avacyn, Angel of Hope -- I know she's not a wurm, but that protection is so worth it. Spearbreaker Behemoth is a good budget alternative. I also think there are some cool low cmc cost cards that suit your strategy that can come in, maybe Eladamri's Call , Dromoka's Command and Atarka's Command are very flexible spells, and I feel can replace: Belbe's Portal (bit slow, not egg-related) Naya Charm , and Congregation at Dawn respectively.
11 months ago
Made some changes based on your suggestions, let me know what you think. Longish read condensed.
Argothian Wurm : Early game goodness, late game could slow us down facing certain decks that can abuse lands.
Naya's Charm: I have mixed feelings about. 3dmg to creature only feels like a waste. Returning a card from the yard could prove useful if commander tax adds up. Lastly and most used is clearing a path to swing. Should this slot be filled with a better removal spell, or is there worth I'm missing here?
Lurking Predators : Our new commander has a similar ability that's less annoying. Also its not a 'May' trigger so we could potentially be forced into casting our deck into a wipe.
Mayael's Aria : There's no other counter synergy in the deck, but bigger is always better. Surprise wincon? Slot in something better?
Garruk, Primal Hunter vs Vivien Reid : One or both? Garruk protects himself on the ground, draws cards, and makes a mess of Wurms. Vivian finds critters, destroys flyers (glaring weakness in the deck), and an emblem to boost our field. Both technically have the same turn clock to go off except Garruk can be used as a 5cmc one shot draw spell, whereas vivian can minus and have points remaining.
Something else I've been mulling over is what to replace these last 2/3 with... as they are no longer as useful, at least not all of them. Piper may have a use to stay being: a) it's a creature that can be egged, and b) with a haste enabler out it can be 5cmc for 2 creatures.
Belbe's Portal : 8cmc(5/t:3) investment for 1 creature limited to type.
Quicksilver Amulet : 8cmc (4/t:4) investment for 1 creature
Elvish Piper : still may have it's uses. 5cmc (4/t:1) investment, haste enabler preferred prior to casting.