|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
|Ravnica: City of Guilds (RAV)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Bathe in Light
Radiance - Choose a color. Target creature and each other creature that shares a color with it gain protection from the chosen color until end of turn.
Bathe in Light Discussion
1 month ago
After playing last night, I get the feeling that the deck is being pulled into too many different directions. My advice is to lean into the cantrip effects while protecting Feather and the other creatures, and try to win through combat as soon as possible. I think that the token subtheme is solid, but I'd chuck the redirect shenanigans. It would make for a good laugh when/if it finally goes off, but the combo is too fragile, too expensive, and takes up way too many card slots.
My suggestions (in no particular order):
- Gods Willing - Card draw/protection
- Balduvian Rage - Card draw/damage (potentially lethal)
- Niveous Wisps - Card draw/tap down a big creature if you sense that it will be coming at you next combat
- Panic - Card draw/get through a blocker
- Rile - Card draw/trample
- Chaos Warp - Turn tokens into value or deal with an enemy threat
- Samut's Sprint - Set up a card draw with the scry/more damage
- Shelter - Card draw/protection
- Vanguard of Brimaz - Token generation
- Boros Charm - Will likely be used to protect your board state, but could also be used to finish off an opponent(s)
- Aurelia's Fury - Can be abused repeatedly by just pinging one of your creatures/can be used as a finisher
- Seize the Day - Repeatable extra combats
- Ajani's Presence - Protection
- Balefire Liege - Lifegain and extra damage while buffing your creatures
- Iroas, God of Victory - Menace and damage prevention when you're swinging. Definitely.
- Titan's Strength - More damage/Scry to set up card draw
- Valorous Stance - Protection/Destroy an enemy threat
- Guided Strike - Card draw/might be able to first strike surprise someone
- Temur Battle Rage - Finisher
- Accelerate - Card draw/haste
- Grapeshot - You'll be casting enough cheap spells that this could be a finisher
- Swiftfoot Boots - Feather is key to the strategy, so hexproof is going to be very useful. I wouldn't bother with Lightning Greaves though.
- Aetherflux Reservoir - Definitely. Lifegain and one-shotting an opponent.
- Fellwar Stone - R/W are the two least played, so you may have more trouble getting what you want, but more mana is rarely bad.
- Darksteel Ingot - Colored mana rock
- Purphoros, God of the Forge - On the fence with this one, but I think you have enough token generation to warrant him.
- Twinflame - Multiple Heroic trigger and synergizes well with Purphoros
- Spawning Breath - Puke up tokens for ramp/Purph triggers. Bonus points if you proc Heroic.
- Assemble the Legion - Another iffy card that I'd probably only run with the Purph package. It pretty much has to be answered or it will get out of control, but it takes time.
- Skullclamp - Plenty of tokens to draw cards off of. May already have enough card draw, if there is such a thing. Test to find out.
- Bathe in Light - Protection for likely many of your creatures, but no card draw, and it doesn't protect against board wipes.
- Grand Abolisher - We aren't a particularly counter-heavy meta, but I think this might warrant an include to protect from getting hit with a 2-for-1 destroy spell in response to your targeting your creature with a spell. This deck will be reliant on swinging hard every turn.
- Duergar Hedge-Mage - We have a pretty enchantment/artifact heavy meta, but if you are fast enough, it may not matter.
- Runaway Steam-Kin - Useful for storing up some red mana for those X spells, but there aren't many in the deck currently.
- Vandalblast - cough Meta cough
- Soul's Fire - Good way to finish someone off, if you can't get through easily. Might not be necessary.
- Emerge Unscathed - Protection. The free cast is nice, but lacks the card draw.
- Sentinel Tower - Iffy on this one, but I think you'll cast enough spells to make this valuable.
- Graceful Reprieve - ETB triggers/"Protection". Definitely better than Gift of Immortality in this deck, but you should be able to keep your creatures alive without needing this.
- Teferi's Protection - Dodging boardwipes is useful, but this may be unnecessary. No way of abusing Feather's ability here.
- Gilded Lotus - Colored mana rock, but with such a low average CMC, this may not be necessary relative to the cost.
- Fell the Mighty - Board wipe that will let you keep at least something of yours. Test to see if it is necessary. You may be able to outpace opponents without it.
- Austere Command - Value city. Likely to be used to wipe other threats while keeping your own. Test to see if it is necessary. You may be able to outpace opponents without it.
- Chandra's Ignition - paired with one of the spells that give protection or indestructible, and targeting a heavy hitter, you can wipe everyone else's creatures and keep your own. Might be too heavy-handed, but probably worth testing.
- Bandage - Card draw/possible protection. The protection seems a bit weak, so I'd only add it, if you feel that you're stalling out on card draw.
- Heal - Card draw/possible protection The protection seems a bit weak, so I'd only add it, if you feel that you're stalling out on card draw.
- Crowd's Favor - Not sure that it does enough to warrant a card slot, especially without drawing you a card.
- Galvanic Blast - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Liberate - Currently, the only ETB effects in the deck are Captain of the Watch and Stuffy Doll 's choose a player clause, both of which I would recommend cutting. It would synergize with the Purph package, but even still I'm not sure it warrants a spot, given all the protection you already have.
- Lightning Bolt - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Lightning Strike - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Magnetic Theft - There are currently only two equipments in the deck, and you're unlikely to face too many equipments in our meta, since your decks make up most of the equipment in said meta.
- Shock - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Authority of the Consuls - The small amount of lifegain is unlikely to be needed. The hatebear effect is too easy to play around.
- Gift of Immortality - This card doesn't synergize with much of anything. You're better off running protection spells that Feather can return to your hand.
- Guilty Conscience - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Indestructibility - With as many instants that give a creature indestructible, this card seems unnecessary and only serves to slow the deck down.
- Pariah - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Shielded by Faith - With as many instants that give a creature indestructible, this card seems unnecessary and only serves to slow the deck down.
- Boros Reckoner - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Captain of the Watch - There are only 3 other soldiers in the deck. She might (barely) make the cut, if you had Purphoros, but I'd likely still cut her.
- Coalhauler Swine - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Fabled Hero - Basically, just a beater. I'd much rather proc the other Heroic triggers in order to get tokens to protect against forced sacrifice effects.
- Firesong and Sunspeaker - You have 1 white spell that can trigger this, and that is if you swords your own creature. You have 6 (cut to 2 with these suggestions) red spells that will gain you life. Using Blasphemous Act to gain a bunch of life is neat, but lifegain in Commander is often negligible due to commander damage, and with so few ways of actually triggering this card at all, it definitely doesn't make the cut.
- Stuffy Doll - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Truefire Captain - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Fire Diamond - Not terrible when you get it early, but coming in tapped is going to feel bad when you need the mana that turn.
- Marble Diamond - Not terrible when you get it early, but coming in tapped is going to feel bad when you need the mana that turn.
- Pariah's Shield - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Pearl Medallion - Not enough high CMC white cards to warrant this, especially since it doesn't discount the color cost.
- Chain Lightning - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
2 months ago
Here ya go, Derrick,
Where is Gamble
Ramp or extra mana
Fellwar Stone , Fire Diamond , Marble Diamond , MindStone, Sword of the Animist , Thought Vessel , Hardened Berserker , Treasonous Ogre , Neheb, the Eternal , Neheb, Dreadhorde Champion Desperate Ritual , Pyretic Ritual , Seething Song ,
Target spells that are dope
Coordinated Assault , Enrage , Otherworldly Outburst is cool and you can loop it if the creature you buff dies making a token, Samut's Sprint , Titan's Strength , Accelerate , Aleatory , Chaotic Strike , Stun , Niveous Wisps , Carom , Formation gives banding which is spicy, Spiritualize , Stave Off , Bathe in Light , Feat of Resistance , Chaos Warp target tokens to get permanets from your deck for free, and is good removal.
Heroic/Prowess Creatures cuz value
these are some cards I think you should look at, don't need all and some might not fit exactly but if you like them then put them in. Cut some lands you can go down to 34 if you add in more artifacts, which go great with paradox engine.
Cards I think you should replace: Emerge Unscathed rebound fucks with your commander it exiles them not letting you put them back into your hand; Aurelia's Fury really expensive to get any good use out of it, or if you want protection during your turns run Grand Abolisher or Silence ; Expose Evil is too slow of a draw engine Mentor of the Meek with the tokens you make is better for drawing; Burnished Hart and Solemn Simulacrum are meh, better to go with artifact ramp that can feed the paradox plan, plus artifact ramp is cheaper and faster; speaking of artifacts Boros Cluestone and Boros Keyrune are good flavor options but aren't that good as other artifacts; Inferno Titan and Sun Titan are good creatures but don't fit into the game plan as well better to put things that help with the gameplan.
2 months ago
Minor improvements, your rocks make a lot of colorless mana. Most of your spells are one or two mana, and don't use much or any colorless mana. Replace them with Marble Diamond or Fire Diamond or something similar because I am sure you will find Thran Dynamo will not be as useful as you want.
You included some odd choices for protection. Apostle's Blessing >> Faith's Shield or Blessed Breath unless you really think protection from artifacts will be relevant.( Bathe in Light is also good in it's own way)
A Fun add is Intimidation Bolt . Hit you own creature and you can't be attacked for the rest of your game as long as you have 3xplayers mana. (oh look Feather, the Redeemed is a 3/4, and will live from that ;) )
2 months ago
3 months ago
I run a home-brewed Creatureless Yennett Spellslinger deck. It is fairly consistent and threatens to win, if unanswered, usually by Turns 4 - 6.
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 105 | 114 COMMENTS | 9070 VIEWS | IN 24 FOLDERS
1) You mentioned your meta runs a lot of removals so protecting Yennett is key. I'd recommend adding in more low CMC counterspells (e.g. Swan Song ) or even funky cards like Silence and Orim's Chant .
2) There're also some budget options that can protect Yennett from spot removals:
3) Another way to combat removals/board wipes, is to speed up the deck and out value your opponents before they can find/draw into their answers. Yennett ain't cheap to cast at . The number of lands and mana rocks you play are on the low side and I'd recommend that you increase the numbers to ensure that Yennett can be summoned asap. This would also help you combat the issue of the deck being "very slow".
Hopefully you find the above suggestions useful and you can draw some inspirations from my deck. Feel free to leave any comments, suggestions or give an upvote on my deck page too. Cheers!
5 months ago
AdNauseam12, thanks for taking the time to give me that advice! I figured I'd have to give up my "jack of all trades" approach for something more consistent. Never thought of Slippery Bogle so thanks for that tip. Having my creatures removed has always been a worry which is why I run Bathe in Light and Emerge Unscathed but I can see how having a creature with that built in would save me a lot of trouble. I used to run 2 counters in here but took them out for more auras so I'll work on fitting them back in. How many should I run do you think? Also should I spread it out between creature/non-creature counters or get some cost 3 counters that can counter anything. Right now I'm leaning towards running more non-creature counters since being countered or removed is more of a problem for me than creatures.
Also thanks for giving me the heads up about Enlightened Tutor ! Must have missed that when I was looking through the ban list.
5 months ago
you should cut down Searing Blood, Wizard's Lightning and Kari Zev's Expertise to add Manamorphose Mutagenic Growth and some protection like Apostle's Blessing/ Bathe in Light/ Shelter, since you want to go full on aggro and probably dump your hand the moment you attack with Kiln Fiend adding Fling back to the deck in the post board or in the main board can give you just enough reach to kill the opponent if you couldn't in the early game. (some of the suggestions need you to splash a color)
7 months ago
Whenever I start putting together an angel tribal deck it always begins like your. SO many cool creatures to cast. Unfortunately waiting until turn 7+ to be able to cast most of your creatures not a great plan for a deck. Save yourself a lot of grief and rebuild your deck with these ideas in mind: 1. Drawing cards is the best thing you can do in Magic. Will your opening hand have a card in it that allows you to do draw cards? White really struggles with this but even things like Mind Stone and cycling lands can help. 2. Hitting your land drops is the second best thing you can do in Magic. You need at least 40 lands for a deck with expensive creatures like these. 3. You need a plan for getting your creatures through. Brave the Elements Bathe in Light could help. I personally like Whispersilk Cloak as long as you're getting rid of a lot of your auras.
No data for this card yet.