|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ravnica: City of Guilds (RAV)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Artifact — Equipment
All damage that would be dealt to you is dealt to equipped creature instead.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (7)||ironax , Mousemke , sonnet666 , kpral , Metaphisyk , Va1mar , Mortiferus_Rosa|
|Want (7)||roberto87 , Turtlelover73 , Cartridge , N3M0 , wlbreda , RazortoothMtg , Va1mar|
Pariah's Shield Discussion
12 hours ago
What's your philosophy here? What do you want your deck to do?
Bound in Silence fits better than Pacifism since you can tutor for it. Same thing with Big Game Hunter over one of your kill spells. Pious Warrior and Shield Dancer make pretty good surprise blockers too.
You've also got pieces to a few combos but they would need a few more parts. Teysa, Orzhov Scion combos with Darkest Hour but it really needs a Blood Artist and Ashnod's Altar to work. Cho-Manno, Revolutionary combos with Pariah and Pariah's Shield. Those two also combo with Stuffy Doll.
One last Card. Conspiracy turns every creature into Rebels or Mercenaries, letting you tutor for any creature in your deck.
1 week ago
@ForTheOldFrame: Thanks for your upvote and your detailed comment and sorry for posting so late. I was busy the last days and didn't find the time to reply.
I will try to answer to all your suggestion but I myself aren't an expert in EDH too. So maybe I am wrong with some choices and many cards depend on teh playgroup you are playing:
- Mentor of the Meek: Is already on my maybe list and goes in the deck as soon as I can get it.
- Concerted Effort: Is already on my maybe list and goes in the deck as soon as I can get it. But I will probably not build the deck around it. So Lost Auramancers, Plea for Guidance and Windbrisk Heights are out. Especially Windbrisk Heights as my rebels normally only attack once with three creatures or more.
- Land drops are an issue so Journeyer's Kite and Thawing Glaciers are great choice and I will try them out.
- Temple of the False God: I tend to have it on my starting hand nearly every time I play it in a deck. So I am not a big fan of this card. But with Journeyer's Kite and Thawing Glaciers it is maybe worth a try.
- Sword of the Animist: Mostly I need my rebels to control the table and don't have a chance to attack the first rounds.
- Rebels mitigate the lack of good carddraw in white by tutoring for your creatures. Normally I tend to keep 4-6 cards in my hand and use my mana to tutor for rebels or recast Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero so I don't need Jayemdae Tome, Armistice or Slate of Ancestry. Especially the later I think is not a good option with rebels. If you have enough rebels on the field you normally search for Mirror Entity and attack with your army.
- Light of Day synergices very well with Scuttlemutt and Distorting Lens so I will try it out.
- Cataclysm: Great suggestion and I will try to get one ;-)
- Fated Retribution is not the only instant wrath in white. There is also Rout. And I think if I add Cataclysm I am fine with wrath effects.
- Catastrophe and Armageddon are good option, but as I mostly play casual I leave them out.
- Cessation is better than Pacifism but at the moment Pacifism is only a placeholder and will get out of the deck. Presumable for an other suggestion form you.
- My playgroup mostly plays with older cards and so we decided to ban all planeswalkers. So Elspeth Tirel and Gideon of the Trials are out for me.
- Angel's Trumpet is a good card but not in my build, I think it is possibly in rebels but you have to build the deck differently.
- The runes cycle: Great suggestion. As rebels have already good answers against red and black I will try to find room for the three other runes.
- Icatian Store: I don't like the old storage land and I think that Fountain of Cho is strictly better. But normally I need my mana every turn and not a lot of mana in one turn. The only exception is Mirror Entity so I think I don't need it. But maybe I will try it out some day.
- Kongming, "Sleeping Dragon": For mone white Benalish Marshal is better and I will get one for this deck.
- Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite is great but to expensive (money) for me.
- Pariah and Pariah's Shield: I think you are right and the runes are better suited for the deck.
So thanks again for your comment and now I have the problem to find cards to take out for your suggestions ;-)
2 weeks ago
Continuing from before...
- I like your choice of Wraths. If you're reconsidering, think about Cataclysm -- one of the strongest of them all, and from Exodus! -- or the game's only instant-speed Wrath, Fated Retribution. Also consider Catastrophe or Armageddon to knock out enemy lands, once you've got a good board state or you think there's a Genesis Wave coming. (12 lands is the magic number.) Land destruction is dishonorable, but Zacama's more dishonorable than that; I'm trying to teach myself that if the card isn't banned, it's not dishonorable enough to not use.
- Cessation is a lot harder to kill than Pacifism.
- If you're willing to use planeswalkers, Elspeth Tirel is a reusable Wrath/Disk; the other two Elspeths give you chump-attackers for Sword of the Animist. Gideon of the Trials gives you a Gideon Worship effect, and there are other playable Gideons. OTOH, planeswalkers aren't exactly Rebel-era cards -- I can understand not wanting to use them, and I think you can win without them.
- Angel's Trumpet is a crazy, game-warping card which... probably doesn't have a place here after all, since it creates a risk of the enemy killing your utility creatures. But it's worth knowing about, I think.
- Rune of Protection: Red and Rune of Protection: Green. Since you're mono-white, the W requirement isn't a drawback, and you can cycle them in the wildly unlikely event that you don't face any Gruul, Elementals, dinosaurs, or treefolk.
- Icatian Store is a mono-white storage land. I have no idea if storage lands are worth bothering with or not, but I'm kind of liking them so far.
- Zhuge Liang (Kongming, "Sleeping Dragon") is always useful in White Weenie. Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite is probably a stronger option, but I don't like Phyrexians on a Vorthos level; it's much more fun to run historical figures. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhuge_Liang)
- Pariah and Pariah's Shield have fun interactions with Cho-Manno, but probably aren't necessary if you're using a relevant Circle/Rune of Protection.
Regardless, great work so far! I found that a lot of the cards I was going to recommend were already in the deck; and I'm hanging on to this deck for future reference. If I ever build something similar, this will be the starting point!
1 month ago
One or both of these might be worth slotting in. Combined with Sygg you can basically make yourself immune to being attacked by a color of creature or direct damage. Only problem is colorless creatures, and giving protection from white creature damage since that would cause pariah to fall off. Though the shield still works. But Pariah can also be useful in a pinch to drop on some opponents indestructible creature to be immune to damage for awhile and is also a lot cheaper.
Aquitect's Will One Mana to cycle into another card while setting them up for easy island walking shenangins. Also triggers some merfolk tribal.
On that note Quicksilver Fountain could be fun for setting up island walk, in addition to slowly hosing decks that aren't mono blue by turning their lands to island. They're even stuck as simple islands if Quicksilver Fountain is removed. Only way to save them is to let all lands become islands.
Bident of Thassa Card Draw and fun combat manipulations.
If you're not worried about going too hard on the infinite combo I'd throw in an Intruder Alarm. Sets you up for infinite counterspells with lullmage mentor, or infinite tokens with the schoolmaster, or just gaining a shit ton of life with Judge of Currents. Though to maximize that I'd swap out your tap engine for Drowner of Secrets and Mothdust Changeling. Drowner of secrets, in addition to offering infinite mill potential combos as well, is just a nice card to easily dick people over whenever they vampyric tutor or otherwise search for a card to put on top of their library.
As for how to make room for shit, I've been eternally cursed to shit on all attempts to voltron. Also with how low the deck's mana curve is, you could slim down on mana rocks and maybe at the same time put in some Stony Silence or other artifact hate.
Maybe bring Dovescape back again, since you can still do tons of merfolk shenanagins with it in play.
1 month ago
FancyTuesday: Thanks so much for the help! I'll definitely keep all that in mind. Sadly the two i wanted to work the most are the ones everyone says I should take out... Is it possible to keep all of that in mind while still trying to keep Atraxa, Praetors' Voice and Stuffy Doll? I was looking into going Infect build. With Grafted Exoskeleton and Pariah(or Pariah's Shield) on Stuffy Doll, I could focus a threat? Then I could sacrifice the doll by unequiping exoskeleton and replay it with Muldrotha, the Gravetide to focus someone else? Is that too main-focused?
2 months ago
Nice deck. Since you're using an indestructible general and the color white, have you thought about adding Pariah or Pariah's Shield? Together with Heliod, they basically make you invulnerable to damage. Grand Abolisher seems extremely useful to stop any shenanigans from opposing players during your turn.
Have fun brewing and playing this with your friends! And if you have the time and inclination, I'd love some feedback from a skilled builder like you on one of my decks.
3 months ago
On the same note as Palisade Giant, Beacon of Destiny, General's Regalia, Oracle's Attendants, Pariah, Pariah's Shield, and Empyrial Archangel. Regalia and the Pariahs are great with indestructible creatures, so maybe have an indestructible commander
Also, Delaying Shield seems really good here with a lich on the battlefield. They only trigger when you are dealt damage, not when you lose life, so you can't be killed through their triggers.