|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Target creature gets +1/+0 and gains first strike until end of turn.
Draw a card.
Guided Strike Discussion
2 months ago
After playing last night, I get the feeling that the deck is being pulled into too many different directions. My advice is to lean into the cantrip effects while protecting Feather and the other creatures, and try to win through combat as soon as possible. I think that the token subtheme is solid, but I'd chuck the redirect shenanigans. It would make for a good laugh when/if it finally goes off, but the combo is too fragile, too expensive, and takes up way too many card slots.
My suggestions (in no particular order):
- Gods Willing - Card draw/protection
- Balduvian Rage - Card draw/damage (potentially lethal)
- Niveous Wisps - Card draw/tap down a big creature if you sense that it will be coming at you next combat
- Panic - Card draw/get through a blocker
- Rile - Card draw/trample
- Chaos Warp - Turn tokens into value or deal with an enemy threat
- Samut's Sprint - Set up a card draw with the scry/more damage
- Shelter - Card draw/protection
- Vanguard of Brimaz - Token generation
- Boros Charm - Will likely be used to protect your board state, but could also be used to finish off an opponent(s)
- Aurelia's Fury - Can be abused repeatedly by just pinging one of your creatures/can be used as a finisher
- Seize the Day - Repeatable extra combats
- Ajani's Presence - Protection
- Balefire Liege - Lifegain and extra damage while buffing your creatures
- Iroas, God of Victory - Menace and damage prevention when you're swinging. Definitely.
- Titan's Strength - More damage/Scry to set up card draw
- Valorous Stance - Protection/Destroy an enemy threat
- Guided Strike - Card draw/might be able to first strike surprise someone
- Temur Battle Rage - Finisher
- Accelerate - Card draw/haste
- Grapeshot - You'll be casting enough cheap spells that this could be a finisher
- Swiftfoot Boots - Feather is key to the strategy, so hexproof is going to be very useful. I wouldn't bother with Lightning Greaves though.
- Aetherflux Reservoir - Definitely. Lifegain and one-shotting an opponent.
- Fellwar Stone - R/W are the two least played, so you may have more trouble getting what you want, but more mana is rarely bad.
- Darksteel Ingot - Colored mana rock
- Purphoros, God of the Forge - On the fence with this one, but I think you have enough token generation to warrant him.
- Twinflame - Multiple Heroic trigger and synergizes well with Purphoros
- Spawning Breath - Puke up tokens for ramp/Purph triggers. Bonus points if you proc Heroic.
- Assemble the Legion - Another iffy card that I'd probably only run with the Purph package. It pretty much has to be answered or it will get out of control, but it takes time.
- Skullclamp - Plenty of tokens to draw cards off of. May already have enough card draw, if there is such a thing. Test to find out.
- Bathe in Light - Protection for likely many of your creatures, but no card draw, and it doesn't protect against board wipes.
- Grand Abolisher - We aren't a particularly counter-heavy meta, but I think this might warrant an include to protect from getting hit with a 2-for-1 destroy spell in response to your targeting your creature with a spell. This deck will be reliant on swinging hard every turn.
- Duergar Hedge-Mage - We have a pretty enchantment/artifact heavy meta, but if you are fast enough, it may not matter.
- Runaway Steam-Kin - Useful for storing up some red mana for those X spells, but there aren't many in the deck currently.
- Vandalblast - cough Meta cough
- Soul's Fire - Good way to finish someone off, if you can't get through easily. Might not be necessary.
- Emerge Unscathed - Protection. The free cast is nice, but lacks the card draw.
- Sentinel Tower - Iffy on this one, but I think you'll cast enough spells to make this valuable.
- Graceful Reprieve - ETB triggers/"Protection". Definitely better than Gift of Immortality in this deck, but you should be able to keep your creatures alive without needing this.
- Teferi's Protection - Dodging boardwipes is useful, but this may be unnecessary. No way of abusing Feather's ability here.
- Gilded Lotus - Colored mana rock, but with such a low average CMC, this may not be necessary relative to the cost.
- Fell the Mighty - Board wipe that will let you keep at least something of yours. Test to see if it is necessary. You may be able to outpace opponents without it.
- Austere Command - Value city. Likely to be used to wipe other threats while keeping your own. Test to see if it is necessary. You may be able to outpace opponents without it.
- Chandra's Ignition - paired with one of the spells that give protection or indestructible, and targeting a heavy hitter, you can wipe everyone else's creatures and keep your own. Might be too heavy-handed, but probably worth testing.
- Bandage - Card draw/possible protection. The protection seems a bit weak, so I'd only add it, if you feel that you're stalling out on card draw.
- Heal - Card draw/possible protection The protection seems a bit weak, so I'd only add it, if you feel that you're stalling out on card draw.
- Crowd's Favor - Not sure that it does enough to warrant a card slot, especially without drawing you a card.
- Galvanic Blast - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Liberate - Currently, the only ETB effects in the deck are Captain of the Watch and Stuffy Doll 's choose a player clause, both of which I would recommend cutting. It would synergize with the Purph package, but even still I'm not sure it warrants a spot, given all the protection you already have.
- Lightning Bolt - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Lightning Strike - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Magnetic Theft - There are currently only two equipments in the deck, and you're unlikely to face too many equipments in our meta, since your decks make up most of the equipment in said meta.
- Shock - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Authority of the Consuls - The small amount of lifegain is unlikely to be needed. The hatebear effect is too easy to play around.
- Gift of Immortality - This card doesn't synergize with much of anything. You're better off running protection spells that Feather can return to your hand.
- Guilty Conscience - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Indestructibility - With as many instants that give a creature indestructible, this card seems unnecessary and only serves to slow the deck down.
- Pariah - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Shielded by Faith - With as many instants that give a creature indestructible, this card seems unnecessary and only serves to slow the deck down.
- Boros Reckoner - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Captain of the Watch - There are only 3 other soldiers in the deck. She might (barely) make the cut, if you had Purphoros, but I'd likely still cut her.
- Coalhauler Swine - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Fabled Hero - Basically, just a beater. I'd much rather proc the other Heroic triggers in order to get tokens to protect against forced sacrifice effects.
- Firesong and Sunspeaker - You have 1 white spell that can trigger this, and that is if you swords your own creature. You have 6 (cut to 2 with these suggestions) red spells that will gain you life. Using Blasphemous Act to gain a bunch of life is neat, but lifegain in Commander is often negligible due to commander damage, and with so few ways of actually triggering this card at all, it definitely doesn't make the cut.
- Stuffy Doll - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Truefire Captain - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Fire Diamond - Not terrible when you get it early, but coming in tapped is going to feel bad when you need the mana that turn.
- Marble Diamond - Not terrible when you get it early, but coming in tapped is going to feel bad when you need the mana that turn.
- Pariah's Shield - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Pearl Medallion - Not enough high CMC white cards to warrant this, especially since it doesn't discount the color cost.
- Chain Lightning - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
2 months ago
Now the deck is really complete! Keep up the good work Arkheid!
I'd also suggest to add some of the available Wheel effects for compensating lack of draw spells in Boros. These also synergize perfectly with Smothering Tithe , allowing for explosive turns. These cards are:
- Wheel of Fortune
- Magus of the Wheel
- Dragon Mage
- Runehorn Hellkite
- Wheel of Fate
- Reforge the Soul
- Chandra, Fire Artisan
- Chandra, Torch of Defiance
- Chandra, Pyromaster
A question. Why do you have Twinflame ? It doesn't seem to be a good card in this deck, as copying your commander, albeit rebuying you the spell, is then shut down by the Legend Rule, thus having you sacrifice one of the two between original or copy of Feather as a state-base action.
I would kindly advise Hall of the Bandit Lord , as it allows for very good plays you otherwise would miss: its only problem is that it can work only if you are casting for the second time or more your commander and use its mana for commander tax. On the other hand, I would also suggest Lightning Greaves , as you could cast all your instants on the commander and at last equip the Greaves: it can be more of a nonbo than anything else, as it also cuts off combat tricks you could cast and is not removable from the commander unless you control another creature. You have a low creature count, so IDK, maybe not worth including.
At last, one kindof good card for ramp in not green: Explorer's Scope .
3 months ago
Hey, there's several older cards that are not played, or really known which are very good with Feather. These all have draw:
- Balduvian Rage : at worst this is one mana draw, at best it can kill an opponent with Feather.
- Bandage : one mana draw.
- Niveous Wisps : one mana draw.
- Panic : one mana draw.
- Spiritualize : lifelink and draw.
Other cards that can be upgrades for cards currently here:
3 months ago
3 months ago
Minor improvements, your rocks make a lot of colorless mana. Most of your spells are one or two mana, and don't use much or any colorless mana. Replace them with Marble Diamond or Fire Diamond or something similar because I am sure you will find Thran Dynamo will not be as useful as you want.
You included some odd choices for protection. Apostle's Blessing >> Faith's Shield or Blessed Breath unless you really think protection from artifacts will be relevant.( Bathe in Light is also good in it's own way)
A Fun add is Intimidation Bolt . Hit you own creature and you can't be attacked for the rest of your game as long as you have 3xplayers mana. (oh look Feather, the Redeemed is a 3/4, and will live from that ;) )
8 months ago
+1 Looking good! This can be a very powerful deck in pauper, but I think you will need some draw(cantrips) and some protection. Since your avg CMC is so low (1.29) you will top-decking to soon. I would recommend adding Defiant Strike or Guided Strike. Guided strike is an excellent defensive trick and can act as "removal". For protection Apostle's Blessing is awesome esp against artifact decks and Emerge Unscathed is a double trigger, huge value in a deck like this. Also might want to consider adding 1 or 2 each of Secluded Steppe and Forgotten Cave.
9 months ago
Dadada5717 I have not for this deck. I will always choose Guided Strike over Defiant Strike in most cases. Do not underestimate the power of First Strike. Yes, it is worth the extra mana. It fits the curve and fits my strategy. I use Guided Strike for "defensive removal", Defiant Strike is a great card for pure aggro and plays well with Prowess, etc.
9 months ago
No data for this card yet.