|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eldritch Moon (EMN)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Target creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn. When that creature dies this turn, put a 3/2 colorless Eldrazi Horror creature token onto the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Otherworldly Outburst Discussion
1 day ago
Hello, draw cards in without brutal downsides looks cool right? So answering your questions:
- Crypt Rats and Plague Spitter are one of the worst mu out there, so I'm pretty sure is totally fine to have some free losses. On the other hand, against them I suggest to play wisely: for example cards like Zap or Spawning Breath can deal with those cards at instant speed, when we want to, or we can sacrifice our creatures in response to take advantage of the situation. Using cards like Otherworldly Outburst lets you replace your dead boyz. My suggestion is always the same in these situation: your opponent doens't know what is in your hand and the value you can generate, so you have to TRICK your opponent with your poker face, let him fall for your plans. It's difficult, but if you achieve to change the board state it will be a super fun play that will remembered ever after! Spot removals like Fall of the Hammer are at least worth considering.
- I play this deck so I know what it means have a wall of counterpells and removals hitting your opponents. Still the situation is the same as before, but forcinge the explosiveness of the deck: "Se te vonno stoppa' la combo, tu comba ancora pi forte!" roughly translated with "If they would stop you from going off, you have to go off stronger and faster!". In you play this deck in multi, you can also deal with other people to protect you from bad things, in change for sparing their lives a few turns. About Pyroblast and Red Elemental Blast they are really cool, but not. The fact is that they are dead cards against any other non blue deck and:
- If you think they are worth adding, it's probably because you are able to see them often, so they are dead cards.
- If you think only two of them are a good trade in the 99s, they are still lesser than opponen't counters.
- Probably, but in a deck without manipulation is difficult to decide which cards take out, this is a meta oriented decision.
Lastly, Soul's Fire is not good as what is it seems, because it targets 2 things (your creature and your opponent) and this doesn't trigger the replicating ability of Zada, Hedron Grinder. How unfortunate...
1 month ago
Also, combine it with Arcbond for the lolz.
1 month ago
p0nzish: Honest answer? You don't. The full-cost version of this deck is extremely explosive (can easily win T4 on a decent hand), but fragile (a well-timed boardwipe will usually end the game since you rely on tokens).
There just are no red effects capable of protecting your tokens well enough. The closest effect is Otherworldly Outburst, which came out after I last updated this list (unlike the full-cost version, I haven't kept my $25 build up to date due to lack of time). However, even Otherworldly Outburst can't save your board if you don't already have Zada on the field.
3 months ago
Yeah, in the case of Otherworldly Outburst it's telling "you", the reader of the card, to create the token, which again, refers to its controller, the caster of the spell. Similarly, if an opponent were to cast your Otherworldly Outburst, say from your graveyard via an effect, they would be the one creating the token.
3 months ago
Tyrant-Thanatos Thank you for your input it helps a lot. I was hoping It would work like Otherworldly Outburst where I could cast it on a creature a opponent controls kill that creature and reap the benefits of getting a 3/2 Eldrazi Token.
3 months ago
Hello! I saw your post in the MTG EDH COMMANDER group.
This is my Zada list (with a linked budget version):
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 152 | 209 COMMENTS | 23698 VIEWS | IN 67 FOLDERS
I've had a great deal of success with this list (although it can be fragile). I know it's significantly less budget than your list, but it still might have some good pointers for you :)
Particularly, in terms of pump spells, I'd add Downhill Charge and Blazing Shoal. Otherworldly Outburst is good boardwipe protection stapled to a marginal power boost. You could also use as much ramp as you can get your hands on, such as Iron Myr, Mana Geyser, Ruby Medallion, etc. You could probably cut most of your 3-mana rocks and replace them with 2-mana rocks (such as Fellwar Stone, Coldsteel Heart, etc) so that you can cast Zada T3 if needed :) Other than that, depending on meta, you could play effects like Ruination or Price of Progress to take advantage of your reliance on basic lands. Hope that helps!
5 months ago
7 months ago
Thinking about your most recent comments about this deck running out of steam around turn 5. What do you think about Zada, Hedron Grinder? Seeing the 4 CMC I know is a turn off for this deck, but think about the possibilities, Brute Strength, Built to Smash, and Otherworldly Outburst become devastating. Choose it for Renegade Tactics or Expedite for absolute silly card draw for 1! Could be worth some testing to see if it could save this deck from the late game lull.