|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Soldier
Heroic -- Whenever you cast a spell that targets Fabled Hero, put a +1/+1 counter on Fabled Hero.
Fabled Hero Discussion
3 months ago
I was a little surprised that I didn't see Favored Hoplite Hero of Iroas Fabled Hero Kytheon's Irregulars Akroan Crusader to represent Jason, Achilles, Hercules, Odysseus, Hector, Perseus or any of those people.
5 months ago
Hero of Iroas isn't doing much for you since you're not playing auras. You might try Fabled Hero or Wingsteed Rider instead. You also might want to add in some more multi-target spells - Gird for Battle , Launch the Fleet , and Cauldron Haze are all good budget options.
6 months ago
So I'm trying to make a deck for my friend for his birthday and he likes Greek Mythology, specifically Poseidon, Hades, and Zues in this order. I'm wanting to stay in the Theros block and have 3 deck ideas but I need some advice and criticism because I don't want to make him a weak deck.
Here are what I've made:
The first one is using Heliod because I made this first and forgot there is a god that looks like zues but in MTG Heliod is the "Leader" or Highest ranking or whatever.
The second one is using Keranos and white humans so its 4 colors instead of 3.
The third one is sticking to the block and theme but also sticking to heroic and scry.
I have always been bad about including a safe amount of land in my decks so that is something i really need help with. I also wasn't sure if this was the best way to show the decks or if i should've just copy and pasted each text.
Sorry for the long post. Wasn't sure how to do this.
6 months ago
I suggest you use your remaining 8 slots for: Akroan Crusader , Fabled Hero , and/or Favored Hoplite . All of those pair well with Feather, the Redeemed , which I suggest you run 4x. Even though it's legendary, since it seems like it's at the crux of the deck, it's essential to do everything possible to play it.
Deflecting Palm is usually useful in a boros sideboard.
In terms of deck building, my best advice is to keep your deck hyper-focused on a wincon - make your deck find the wincon, protect it, and execute it and do that 2 out of 3 times within 5 turns. Keep spells to the absolute minimum CMC. There's not really great ramp in red or white, so odds are, spells over 4 or 5CMC won't see hardly any play. Your 1-2CMC spells are a deck's bread and butter. Be sure you have include enough to get them every game.
I try to include the following mechanics in all my decks in some form or another:
draw card - not just a cantrip - spells that draw at least 2 cards, either at once or 1 card repeatedly. These include straight-forward spells like Divination and Harmonize , as well as spells like Collected Company and Descendants' Path and even stuff like Immortal Servitude or Squadron Hawks. The point is really card advantage. I typically run 3x draw-card spells.
protection for my key spells - these are almost always instants and can include anything that makes stuff hexproof, indestructible, gain protection, or spells that counter or blink. IE - Faith's Shield , Heroic Intervention , Vines of Vastwood , Negate , etc/
I slapped together a deck for Feather, the Redeemed recently. (Feather's Cap) It's focused on the Heroic mechanic, and because of those spells, also tokens and +1/+1 counters. It's far from perfect, but the creature CMC curve is decent and you might find some spells worth considering there.
7 months ago
After playing last night, I get the feeling that the deck is being pulled into too many different directions. My advice is to lean into the cantrip effects while protecting Feather and the other creatures, and try to win through combat as soon as possible. I think that the token subtheme is solid, but I'd chuck the redirect shenanigans. It would make for a good laugh when/if it finally goes off, but the combo is too fragile, too expensive, and takes up way too many card slots.
My suggestions (in no particular order):
- Gods Willing - Card draw/protection
- Balduvian Rage - Card draw/damage (potentially lethal)
- Niveous Wisps - Card draw/tap down a big creature if you sense that it will be coming at you next combat
- Panic - Card draw/get through a blocker
- Rile - Card draw/trample
- Chaos Warp - Turn tokens into value or deal with an enemy threat
- Samut's Sprint - Set up a card draw with the scry/more damage
- Shelter - Card draw/protection
- Vanguard of Brimaz - Token generation
- Boros Charm - Will likely be used to protect your board state, but could also be used to finish off an opponent(s)
- Aurelia's Fury - Can be abused repeatedly by just pinging one of your creatures/can be used as a finisher
- Seize the Day - Repeatable extra combats
- Ajani's Presence - Protection
- Balefire Liege - Lifegain and extra damage while buffing your creatures
- Iroas, God of Victory - Menace and damage prevention when you're swinging. Definitely.
- Titan's Strength - More damage/Scry to set up card draw
- Valorous Stance - Protection/Destroy an enemy threat
- Guided Strike - Card draw/might be able to first strike surprise someone
- Temur Battle Rage - Finisher
- Accelerate - Card draw/haste
- Grapeshot - You'll be casting enough cheap spells that this could be a finisher
- Swiftfoot Boots - Feather is key to the strategy, so hexproof is going to be very useful. I wouldn't bother with Lightning Greaves though.
- Aetherflux Reservoir - Definitely. Lifegain and one-shotting an opponent.
- Fellwar Stone - R/W are the two least played, so you may have more trouble getting what you want, but more mana is rarely bad.
- Darksteel Ingot - Colored mana rock
- Purphoros, God of the Forge - On the fence with this one, but I think you have enough token generation to warrant him.
- Twinflame - Multiple Heroic trigger and synergizes well with Purphoros
- Spawning Breath - Puke up tokens for ramp/Purph triggers. Bonus points if you proc Heroic.
- Assemble the Legion - Another iffy card that I'd probably only run with the Purph package. It pretty much has to be answered or it will get out of control, but it takes time.
- Skullclamp - Plenty of tokens to draw cards off of. May already have enough card draw, if there is such a thing. Test to find out.
- Bathe in Light - Protection for likely many of your creatures, but no card draw, and it doesn't protect against board wipes.
- Grand Abolisher - We aren't a particularly counter-heavy meta, but I think this might warrant an include to protect from getting hit with a 2-for-1 destroy spell in response to your targeting your creature with a spell. This deck will be reliant on swinging hard every turn.
- Duergar Hedge-Mage - We have a pretty enchantment/artifact heavy meta, but if you are fast enough, it may not matter.
- Runaway Steam-Kin - Useful for storing up some red mana for those X spells, but there aren't many in the deck currently.
- Vandalblast - cough Meta cough
- Soul's Fire - Good way to finish someone off, if you can't get through easily. Might not be necessary.
- Emerge Unscathed - Protection. The free cast is nice, but lacks the card draw.
- Sentinel Tower - Iffy on this one, but I think you'll cast enough spells to make this valuable.
- Graceful Reprieve - ETB triggers/"Protection". Definitely better than Gift of Immortality in this deck, but you should be able to keep your creatures alive without needing this.
- Teferi's Protection - Dodging boardwipes is useful, but this may be unnecessary. No way of abusing Feather's ability here.
- Gilded Lotus - Colored mana rock, but with such a low average CMC, this may not be necessary relative to the cost.
- Fell the Mighty - Board wipe that will let you keep at least something of yours. Test to see if it is necessary. You may be able to outpace opponents without it.
- Austere Command - Value city. Likely to be used to wipe other threats while keeping your own. Test to see if it is necessary. You may be able to outpace opponents without it.
- Chandra's Ignition - paired with one of the spells that give protection or indestructible, and targeting a heavy hitter, you can wipe everyone else's creatures and keep your own. Might be too heavy-handed, but probably worth testing.
- Bandage - Card draw/possible protection. The protection seems a bit weak, so I'd only add it, if you feel that you're stalling out on card draw.
- Heal - Card draw/possible protection The protection seems a bit weak, so I'd only add it, if you feel that you're stalling out on card draw.
- Crowd's Favor - Not sure that it does enough to warrant a card slot, especially without drawing you a card.
- Galvanic Blast - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Liberate - Currently, the only ETB effects in the deck are Captain of the Watch and Stuffy Doll 's choose a player clause, both of which I would recommend cutting. It would synergize with the Purph package, but even still I'm not sure it warrants a spot, given all the protection you already have.
- Lightning Bolt - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Lightning Strike - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Magnetic Theft - There are currently only two equipments in the deck, and you're unlikely to face too many equipments in our meta, since your decks make up most of the equipment in said meta.
- Shock - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Authority of the Consuls - The small amount of lifegain is unlikely to be needed. The hatebear effect is too easy to play around.
- Gift of Immortality - This card doesn't synergize with much of anything. You're better off running protection spells that Feather can return to your hand.
- Guilty Conscience - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Indestructibility - With as many instants that give a creature indestructible, this card seems unnecessary and only serves to slow the deck down.
- Pariah - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Shielded by Faith - With as many instants that give a creature indestructible, this card seems unnecessary and only serves to slow the deck down.
- Boros Reckoner - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Captain of the Watch - There are only 3 other soldiers in the deck. She might (barely) make the cut, if you had Purphoros, but I'd likely still cut her.
- Coalhauler Swine - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Fabled Hero - Basically, just a beater. I'd much rather proc the other Heroic triggers in order to get tokens to protect against forced sacrifice effects.
- Firesong and Sunspeaker - You have 1 white spell that can trigger this, and that is if you swords your own creature. You have 6 (cut to 2 with these suggestions) red spells that will gain you life. Using Blasphemous Act to gain a bunch of life is neat, but lifegain in Commander is often negligible due to commander damage, and with so few ways of actually triggering this card at all, it definitely doesn't make the cut.
- Stuffy Doll - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Truefire Captain - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Fire Diamond - Not terrible when you get it early, but coming in tapped is going to feel bad when you need the mana that turn.
- Marble Diamond - Not terrible when you get it early, but coming in tapped is going to feel bad when you need the mana that turn.
- Pariah's Shield - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Pearl Medallion - Not enough high CMC white cards to warrant this, especially since it doesn't discount the color cost.
- Chain Lightning - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
7 months ago
Here ya go, Derrick,
Where is Gamble
Ramp or extra mana
Fellwar Stone , Fire Diamond , Marble Diamond , MindStone, Sword of the Animist , Thought Vessel , Hardened Berserker , Treasonous Ogre , Neheb, the Eternal , Neheb, Dreadhorde Champion Desperate Ritual , Pyretic Ritual , Seething Song ,
Target spells that are dope
Coordinated Assault , Enrage , Otherworldly Outburst is cool and you can loop it if the creature you buff dies making a token, Samut's Sprint , Titan's Strength , Accelerate , Aleatory , Chaotic Strike , Stun , Niveous Wisps , Carom , Formation gives banding which is spicy, Spiritualize , Stave Off , Bathe in Light , Feat of Resistance , Chaos Warp target tokens to get permanets from your deck for free, and is good removal.
Heroic/Prowess Creatures cuz value
these are some cards I think you should look at, don't need all and some might not fit exactly but if you like them then put them in. Cut some lands you can go down to 34 if you add in more artifacts, which go great with paradox engine.
Cards I think you should replace: Emerge Unscathed rebound fucks with your commander it exiles them not letting you put them back into your hand; Aurelia's Fury really expensive to get any good use out of it, or if you want protection during your turns run Grand Abolisher or Silence ; Expose Evil is too slow of a draw engine Mentor of the Meek with the tokens you make is better for drawing; Burnished Hart and Solemn Simulacrum are meh, better to go with artifact ramp that can feed the paradox plan, plus artifact ramp is cheaper and faster; speaking of artifacts Boros Cluestone and Boros Keyrune are good flavor options but aren't that good as other artifacts; Inferno Titan and Sun Titan are good creatures but don't fit into the game plan as well better to put things that help with the gameplan.
10 months ago
Hey, I'm an experienced Tiana pilot and would love to help! ( my deck link here ).
The first thing I would change is Wrath of God and Blasphemous Act because creature-only board wipes destroy the creatures, then the auras, so Tiana won't trigger for any of your auras. But board wipes like Hour of Revelation , Day of Reckoning, End Hostilities , Nevinyrral's Disk , Cataclysmic Gearhulk , Tragic Arrogance etc would make Tiana trigger on your auras. You could put in Auratog or Faith Healer so you respond to creature-only board wipes, or put in indestructible stuff like Hammer of Nazahn , Shielded by Faith , Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip etc.
Bludgeon Brawl has cool synergy with Tiana, because if Vandalblast , Scrap Mastery , Hour of Revelation etc are cast, then Tiana will trigger on your artifacts too. And if you include this, consider adding artifacts that sacrifice themselves like Unstable Obelisk , Commander's Sphere , Boros Locket , Boros Cluestone , Orazca Relic .
Along with self-sacrificing artifacts, I loved the idea of self-sacrificing auras and recycling them over and over with Tiana, especially with Sigil of the Empty Throne or Ajani's Chosen on the battlefield. Auras like Capashen Standard , Mortal Obstinacy , Flamespeaker's Will , Brand of Ill Omen , Sun Clasp , Weight of Conscience , Bound by Moonsilver , Lunarch Mantle , Uncontrolled Infestation , Inferno Fist , Guilty Conscience etc.
Other than the aforementioned cards, I'll also mention Mistmeadow Skulk which dodges board wipes, the new Swiftblade Vindicator and Smothering Tithe , Fabled Hero and other heroic cards that benefit from the aura recycling, Forgeborn Oreads and Scroll of the Masters and Mesa Enchantress for the aura recycling, Ethereal Armor , Helm of the Gods , Heavenly Blademaster , Laccolith Rig is stupid but fun, Heirloom Blade because RW sucks at draw (except this deck if you add auras that draw).
If I wanted to cut some cards from your deck, I would start with Order since it's 4 mana for a really narrow removal spell, and 3 mana to do something that odric or angelic skirmisher do (which is creatures so can be brought back into the game easier). Kwende, Pride of Femeref is essentially a 4/4 for 4 mana and is only useful for Tiana. Kitsune Mystic isn't needed with all the sacrificing and such. Authority of the Consuls and Godsend and Basilisk Collar isn't that impactful for an aggro strategy. Whispersilk Cloak gives shroud which isn't the best for a deck all about auras and equipment. Chariot of Victory isn't that good and doesn't add any power. And I would take out as many tapped lands as you don't mind, they slow down decks way too much, add Battlefield Forge .
Hope this helps makes your deck stronger!
1 year ago
Hey, GoblinsBeatElves! I do prefer Emerge Unscathed over Brave the Elements simply because Brave doesn't target and thus doesn't trigger Heroic while Emerge triggers it twice. That's 4 (most likely unblockable) damage on a Fabled Hero on my following turn. Also, I don't think it saves my creatures from board wipes. But I'm not sure about that, to be honest. I like Kor Spiritdancer. Maybe that'll be my replacement for Hopeful Eidolon.
Thanks a lot for your suggestions!
No data for this card yet.