|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Remove target creature you control from the game. Return that card to play under its owner's control at end of turn.
2 weeks ago
2 months ago
After playing last night, I get the feeling that the deck is being pulled into too many different directions. My advice is to lean into the cantrip effects while protecting Feather and the other creatures, and try to win through combat as soon as possible. I think that the token subtheme is solid, but I'd chuck the redirect shenanigans. It would make for a good laugh when/if it finally goes off, but the combo is too fragile, too expensive, and takes up way too many card slots.
My suggestions (in no particular order):
- Gods Willing - Card draw/protection
- Balduvian Rage - Card draw/damage (potentially lethal)
- Niveous Wisps - Card draw/tap down a big creature if you sense that it will be coming at you next combat
- Panic - Card draw/get through a blocker
- Rile - Card draw/trample
- Chaos Warp - Turn tokens into value or deal with an enemy threat
- Samut's Sprint - Set up a card draw with the scry/more damage
- Shelter - Card draw/protection
- Vanguard of Brimaz - Token generation
- Boros Charm - Will likely be used to protect your board state, but could also be used to finish off an opponent(s)
- Aurelia's Fury - Can be abused repeatedly by just pinging one of your creatures/can be used as a finisher
- Seize the Day - Repeatable extra combats
- Ajani's Presence - Protection
- Balefire Liege - Lifegain and extra damage while buffing your creatures
- Iroas, God of Victory - Menace and damage prevention when you're swinging. Definitely.
- Titan's Strength - More damage/Scry to set up card draw
- Valorous Stance - Protection/Destroy an enemy threat
- Guided Strike - Card draw/might be able to first strike surprise someone
- Temur Battle Rage - Finisher
- Accelerate - Card draw/haste
- Grapeshot - You'll be casting enough cheap spells that this could be a finisher
- Swiftfoot Boots - Feather is key to the strategy, so hexproof is going to be very useful. I wouldn't bother with Lightning Greaves though.
- Aetherflux Reservoir - Definitely. Lifegain and one-shotting an opponent.
- Fellwar Stone - R/W are the two least played, so you may have more trouble getting what you want, but more mana is rarely bad.
- Darksteel Ingot - Colored mana rock
- Purphoros, God of the Forge - On the fence with this one, but I think you have enough token generation to warrant him.
- Twinflame - Multiple Heroic trigger and synergizes well with Purphoros
- Spawning Breath - Puke up tokens for ramp/Purph triggers. Bonus points if you proc Heroic.
- Assemble the Legion - Another iffy card that I'd probably only run with the Purph package. It pretty much has to be answered or it will get out of control, but it takes time.
- Skullclamp - Plenty of tokens to draw cards off of. May already have enough card draw, if there is such a thing. Test to find out.
- Bathe in Light - Protection for likely many of your creatures, but no card draw, and it doesn't protect against board wipes.
- Grand Abolisher - We aren't a particularly counter-heavy meta, but I think this might warrant an include to protect from getting hit with a 2-for-1 destroy spell in response to your targeting your creature with a spell. This deck will be reliant on swinging hard every turn.
- Duergar Hedge-Mage - We have a pretty enchantment/artifact heavy meta, but if you are fast enough, it may not matter.
- Runaway Steam-Kin - Useful for storing up some red mana for those X spells, but there aren't many in the deck currently.
- Vandalblast - cough Meta cough
- Soul's Fire - Good way to finish someone off, if you can't get through easily. Might not be necessary.
- Emerge Unscathed - Protection. The free cast is nice, but lacks the card draw.
- Sentinel Tower - Iffy on this one, but I think you'll cast enough spells to make this valuable.
- Graceful Reprieve - ETB triggers/"Protection". Definitely better than Gift of Immortality in this deck, but you should be able to keep your creatures alive without needing this.
- Teferi's Protection - Dodging boardwipes is useful, but this may be unnecessary. No way of abusing Feather's ability here.
- Gilded Lotus - Colored mana rock, but with such a low average CMC, this may not be necessary relative to the cost.
- Fell the Mighty - Board wipe that will let you keep at least something of yours. Test to see if it is necessary. You may be able to outpace opponents without it.
- Austere Command - Value city. Likely to be used to wipe other threats while keeping your own. Test to see if it is necessary. You may be able to outpace opponents without it.
- Chandra's Ignition - paired with one of the spells that give protection or indestructible, and targeting a heavy hitter, you can wipe everyone else's creatures and keep your own. Might be too heavy-handed, but probably worth testing.
- Bandage - Card draw/possible protection. The protection seems a bit weak, so I'd only add it, if you feel that you're stalling out on card draw.
- Heal - Card draw/possible protection The protection seems a bit weak, so I'd only add it, if you feel that you're stalling out on card draw.
- Crowd's Favor - Not sure that it does enough to warrant a card slot, especially without drawing you a card.
- Galvanic Blast - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Liberate - Currently, the only ETB effects in the deck are Captain of the Watch and Stuffy Doll 's choose a player clause, both of which I would recommend cutting. It would synergize with the Purph package, but even still I'm not sure it warrants a spot, given all the protection you already have.
- Lightning Bolt - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Lightning Strike - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Magnetic Theft - There are currently only two equipments in the deck, and you're unlikely to face too many equipments in our meta, since your decks make up most of the equipment in said meta.
- Shock - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Authority of the Consuls - The small amount of lifegain is unlikely to be needed. The hatebear effect is too easy to play around.
- Gift of Immortality - This card doesn't synergize with much of anything. You're better off running protection spells that Feather can return to your hand.
- Guilty Conscience - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Indestructibility - With as many instants that give a creature indestructible, this card seems unnecessary and only serves to slow the deck down.
- Pariah - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Shielded by Faith - With as many instants that give a creature indestructible, this card seems unnecessary and only serves to slow the deck down.
- Boros Reckoner - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Captain of the Watch - There are only 3 other soldiers in the deck. She might (barely) make the cut, if you had Purphoros, but I'd likely still cut her.
- Coalhauler Swine - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Fabled Hero - Basically, just a beater. I'd much rather proc the other Heroic triggers in order to get tokens to protect against forced sacrifice effects.
- Firesong and Sunspeaker - You have 1 white spell that can trigger this, and that is if you swords your own creature. You have 6 (cut to 2 with these suggestions) red spells that will gain you life. Using Blasphemous Act to gain a bunch of life is neat, but lifegain in Commander is often negligible due to commander damage, and with so few ways of actually triggering this card at all, it definitely doesn't make the cut.
- Stuffy Doll - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Truefire Captain - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Fire Diamond - Not terrible when you get it early, but coming in tapped is going to feel bad when you need the mana that turn.
- Marble Diamond - Not terrible when you get it early, but coming in tapped is going to feel bad when you need the mana that turn.
- Pariah's Shield - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Pearl Medallion - Not enough high CMC white cards to warrant this, especially since it doesn't discount the color cost.
- Chain Lightning - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
9 months ago
love the deck, although you may want to consider Liberate, Otherworldly Journey, and Long Road Home to either evade boardwipes or to put opponents creatures in time out for a turn (aside from liberate) at instant speed.
Brylon on Shalai EDH
10 months ago
shalai edh update number 2:
out :: 21
Azusa, Lost but Seeking is very expensive. I am very aware she is awesome, so I've added her to a maybeboard if I decide I want to further upgrade this deck. Flickerwisp and Glimmerpoint Stag are removed because I am largely removing flicker effects because the strat is not powerful enough in this deck.
Originally I wanted to take advantage of Shalai, Voice of Plenty's hexproof for planeswalkers, but I didn't make great picks on planeswalkers, and ultimately Karn, Scion of Urza, and Elspeth, Sun's Champion were really the only ones worth it. I can't reasonably afford Karn for this deck, so he has been moved to the maybeboard.
Flicker effects have largely been removed.
Flicker effects have largely been removed. In this case being sorcery speed makes them less valuable, because they cannot be used for avoidance. Fumigate is removed in order to make way for better mass removal.
It's just too expensive. Shalai, Voice of Plenty does the same thing, and I can just cast her from the command zone.
These are less valuable in a deck that is only 2 colors.
The first 4 of these are just bad, and the last 2 are being removed to make way for more plains.
in :: 21
Powerful spot removal that puts the card where the player can't get it.
Path of Ancestry is good for tribal. Reliquary Tower gives me no max hand size. Homeward Path protects me from effects that take my creatures. Emeria, The Sky Ruin lets me cheat back in dead creatures, and the Plains are added to support Emeria.
Cards for later
expensive, but maybe at some point:
1 year ago
I love Merieke lists and I love flicker lists. Cool deck! I am trying to abuse flicker spells with Mangara, as well, over at Mangara of Blinkrondor, am I right?.
It might also be fun to test with Isochron Scepter and a bunch of instant-speed blink or untap effects like Acrobatic Maneuver, Eerie Interlude, Liberate, Long Road Home, Momentary Blink, Otherworldly Journey, and Dramatic Reversal. Ghostway and Teferi's Protection might be good to test with, too.
If you feel like you have enough colorless mana sources, I would definitely include an Eldrazi Displacer, as well.
Finally, it looks like you could swap out a U source or 2 to add in more B sources for a better balance between the spells and mana sources you are likely to draw.
1 year ago
Derevi is a great commander.
Thinking of cards like:
- Acrobatic Maneuver.
- Eerie Interlude.
- Eldrazi Displacer (with colorless mana).
- Illusionist's Stratagem.
- Momentary Blink.
- Otherworldly Journey.
- Turn to Mist.
Have fun brewing!
1 year ago
This is a very cool deck! I love the blink archetype in our local cube, so this deck really speaks to me.
Have you considered playing UW? Lots of blink effects there.
Here are a few inexpensive (< $5) suggestions for more blink effects you can use to target opponents' creatures or your own creatures for their ETB effects.
Fractured Identity is also a cool removal spell for multiplayer fun. Trickbind can give you another counter-target-ability effect, as well, but with Split Second and the added bonus of preventing further activations of that ability for the rest of the turn.
There are lots of weird, low-cost, inexpensive Blue and White enchantments, as well, that can exile permanents and complicate the board state for your opponents. Maybe check out Guay the Enchanter for a few ideas, if that sounds interesting to you?
Happy brewing and have fun playing!
1 year ago
Indestructibility, Angel of Condemnation, Liberate, Otherworldly Journey, Long Road Home. Except for the first they are all meant to protect her from removal or directedly damage by bouncing her to exile until after damage resolves for the turn. Not the best approach as it prevents her from dealing damage. Although this can also be used if she is swinging real heavy and you need to temp. remove 1 of an opponents blockers so she gets through. There are a lot more cards in the 'protection in exile'.
No data for this card yet.