Enchantment — Aura
As Cho-Manno's Blessing enters the battlefield, choose a color.
Enchanted creature has protection from the chosen color. This effect doesn't remove Cho-Manno's Blessing.
Printings View all
|Mercadian Masques (MMQ)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Cho-Manno's Blessing Discussion
7 months ago
Kinda some weird flexes for ya:
I do think that you have a strong concept with the deck design. My main concerns are a lack of answers against large threats such as Gurmag Angler , Gearseeker Serpent and Ulamog's Crusher . Additionally I think that the deck requires more focus in its midrange interaction style and I'm thinking Battle Screech could be cut from the deck for more interaction such as Emerge Unscathed , Cho-Manno's Blessing , or Brute Force .
10 months ago
I was thinking cards like Cho-Manno's Blessing , Floating Shield , Pacifism , Temporal Isolation , Ward of Lights , and Righteous Aura . I'm not saying that they all deserve a spot but some are really good. Especially the ones with flash.
10 months ago
Finest Hour is probably better than Brave the Sands, so if we're trying to fit in Leyline of Anticipation and Privileged Position , it would be better to cut that instead. And it would probably be correct to cut New Horizons instead of Weirding Wood. A card is better than a +1/+1 counter.
You're going to want to add Alchemist's Refuge to the manabase to help you cast enchantments on your opponent's turns when you don't have Leyline of Anticipation. It might even be worth trying to play Vedalken Orrery to get these effects more often. There are a few flash enchantments you can play as well: Seal Away , Temporal Isolation , Slow Motion , Lawmage's Binding , Cast Out , Alexi's Cloak , Cho-Manno's Blessing , Eel Umbra , Jolrael's Favor , and Serpent Skin seem playable.
Another thing you might consider are replayable enchantments. The few I'm thinking of are Mana Bloom , Gossamer Chains , Flickering Ward , Broken Fall and Molting Skin . The latter three will also help you keep Tuvasa alive!
Speaking of keeping your commander alive, you might find it difficult with only Shield of the Oversoul, Swiftfoot Boots, Lightning Greaves, and Greater Auramancy. Furthermore, the latter two give shroud, which will make it hard to enchant Tuvasa afterwards! I'd consider trying to find more hexproof and indestructible effects even if they come from non-enchantment sources, such as Darksteel Plate . As for auras, there's Alpha Authority and Canopy Cover .
Finally, as just a neat card, you might consider playing Cloud Cover .
As for things to take out, the first thing I would do is take out Luminarch Ascension. The card is so powerful that people will just kill it or, more likely, YOU. It's a political disaster. I'd pull Abundant Growth because it's just not a very high-yield card. If you're looking for ramp and color-fixing, Carpet of Flowers is better because of how common blue is in Commander. Authority of the Consuls is probably not going to be very useful unless you know opponents are going to making large numbers of 1/1s for a combo. Finally, as much as I like it as a card, On Serra's Wings is not particularly excellent here. Unfortunately, that's just four cuts, and I gave a lot more suggestions. You'll just have to consider what effects you might want enough to include.
11 months ago
I run a home-brewed Creatureless Yennett Spellslinger deck. It is fairly consistent and threatens to win, if unanswered, usually by Turns 4 - 6.
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 105 | 114 COMMENTS | 9070 VIEWS | IN 24 FOLDERS
1) You mentioned your meta runs a lot of removals so protecting Yennett is key. I'd recommend adding in more low CMC counterspells (e.g. Swan Song ) or even funky cards like Silence and Orim's Chant .
2) There're also some budget options that can protect Yennett from spot removals:
3) Another way to combat removals/board wipes, is to speed up the deck and out value your opponents before they can find/draw into their answers. Yennett ain't cheap to cast at . The number of lands and mana rocks you play are on the low side and I'd recommend that you increase the numbers to ensure that Yennett can be summoned asap. This would also help you combat the issue of the deck being "very slow".
Hopefully you find the above suggestions useful and you can draw some inspirations from my deck. Feel free to leave any comments, suggestions or give an upvote on my deck page too. Cheers!
11 months ago
I played against this befor but he didn't use pingers he used big creatures and like 12 counterspells. I had a very hard time beating the deck. The only way I could beat him was to flash in Cho-Manno's Blessing on Ley Weaver when he goes to target it with Freed from the Reel. Once freed from the reel is in the graveyard I'd a have chance to win, but if I don't finish quick, the card draw will keep him in pace for the win. So I needed Faith's Fetters to shutdown his Lore Weaver , but this is all considering he doesn't counter either one spell.
So from personal experience against the deck I know that you should be running way more counterspells.
Saturn somersaults was my only deck that could beat him because I had lots of removal and ot was fast and I had card draw. But if the game went long. His card draw was superior.
Again I suggest adding like 8 counterspells
1 year ago
This is a really interesting deck! Here are some ideas I have that I think would make the deck run better:
- Heliod's Pilgrim would be a great addition because it could grab something useful in almost every situation.
- Protection is a great ability in Pauper EDH because it can be used to both prevent removal and evade blockers. Cho-Manno's Blessing , Ward of Lights , and Pentarch Ward would all be good additions tutorable with Heliod's Pilgrim
- Palace Sentinels and Crown-Hunter Hireling would both be good sources of card draw that can also block
- Temur Battle Rage and Assault Strobe are good additional sources of double strike
- Path of Ancestry would be a great land to add as most of your creatures are Humans
- You are running a lot of lands. You could probably drop down to 36-38 lands and still run pretty well
Hope this is helpful!
1 year ago
Ashes to Ashes, Read the Bones, Night's Whisper, Sign in Blood, Angelic Purge, Afterlife, Snuff Out, Unmake, Pentarch Ward, Cho-Manno's Blessing, Blessing of Leeches are all really good and serve you as card draw/ protection or control.